• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

I'm so close to Platinum, I can taste it....but I end up tasting defeat whenever I get close ;_;

The closest I've gotten is ~2430. I lost two matches and a draw yesterday before I decided to call it quits yesterday.

I know your pain.

2379 is my highest...I'm somewhere around 2150 now I think.

I'll kept on grindin tho.

MrPanic

It's only when she's wearing her Punk/Ultraviolet(?) skin. She is more of a grump with this skin, as she doesn't open with her usual "Cheers love! The cavalry's here!" line.

Here it is: https://youtu.be/wktl2TQK56o

She says tosser using these skins as well: https://youtu.be/VgkMq5ON03E

I think it's hillarious. I just wish she shouted "Bollocks!" every now and then.

Welp, I know what skin I'm getting next, that's really cool.

Skii

Reaper says damn.

A lot of people same "Damn" when they get discorded

Damn is a swearword? When did that happen?

It's only when she's wearing her Punk/Ultraviolet(?) skin. She is more of a grump with this skin, as she doesn't open with her usual "Cheers love! The cavalry's here!" line.

I think it's hillarious. I just wish she shouted "Bollocks!" every now and then.

Oh wow this is amazing. I thought I heard her say wanker during the weekend and it all makes sense now because I had just got one of the punk skins in a loot box.

This has actually made my day.

TrueBlue

Welp, I know what skin I'm getting next, that's really cool.

See that you do!

Damn is a swearword? When did that happen?

Oh wow this is amazing. I thought I heard her say wanker during the weekend and it all makes sense now because I had just got one of the punk skins in a loot box.

This has actually made my day.

I actually find her to be more endearing and relatable for these swears. :lol It's just a shame I prefer her regular skin, where she doesn't swear.

I've seen this been mentioned before, but I just wanted to say that it's the little details like this that really make the game feel alive. Especially all of the sound work. It's super impressive.

I want Sombra!¡!¡!

Me too. PS4 player here, so haven't even tested her out. I'm super excited for this whole update. We're probably looking at Nov. 22nd, right? Ana took two weeks in PTR, I believe.

He even has some of the best responses when he kills a character specific character, such as the burn he gives when he kills Pharah during her ult.

"I am on fire, but an extinguisher is not required"

Zen is the king for sure, shame Ana is a much better pick atm (even though I love using Ana). I'm still waiting for the day I'm slept by an Ana as Zen so I can use the "I dreamt I was a butterfly" voice line to perfection.

That confirms the new PTR changes will not come until after that weekend, i.e. a day before or after Season 2 concludes.

Yep, seems like it. I was hoping for next week, but I expected the 22nd, so oh well.

This and Ana sets a solid precedent, so I guess we can expect two weeks from PTR to live for new characters in the future.

Croc

Banned
The only trophy I have left for platinum is Zenyatta's rapid dischord one but I just kinda gave up on that.

Jellie

The only trophy I have left for platinum is Zenyatta's rapid dischord one but I just kinda gave up on that.

Spam discords in a graviton surge or any other enabler ult. I got it on PC when a reinhardt earth shattered and mei froze them so luckily had two enabler ults. On PS4 got it randomly on a final point attack as the enemies came out one at a time so it was easy to discord and move to the next so that might also be a good method.

Lmfao I played a few matches and an Ana accidentally nanoboosted me as Lucio twice (in different matches).. I am officially that guy.
I secretly get a kick out of it, but only if we already have the upper hand.

Edit: I recorded it but it's nothing special. I just installed this so I wanted to try out sharing a recording.

So Battlenet asked me to restart to apply an update, so i did, then I signed back in, and as soon as I do, it says there is some unexpected error and a box pops up with a code and a comment box for me to say what the error was.

Has anyone come across this? Its literally not letting me get into battlenet now

Edit: nvm, I literally just uninstalled and re-installed the launcher and now it works

If Blizzard can get Arcade rolled out before the free weekend that would be huge. It only mentioned the weekly brawl, but if they could, that would be awesome.

This is awesome, did Gambler McCree and B.va ever get their special voice lines?

Nimby

Banned
So what's the theory on the meta post Sombra?

My umpteenth post about Sombra, she seems pretty strong. A lot of people are complaining about the spread of her weapon, but at the right range it absolutely shreds. She is an excellent counter to Ana, Winston/Tracer/Genji have problems with Ana because of sleep dart and bionade, but Sombra can sneak behind with stealth and shut both of those abilities down, which makes her a sitting duck.

Pro opinion of her seems very high atm. I think she'll be a top tier hero after the new meta has a chance to settle.

If Blizzard can get Arcade rolled out before the free weekend that would be huge. It only mentioned the weekly brawl, but if they could, that would be awesome.

This is awesome, did Gambler McCree and B.va ever get their special voice lines?

B.Va has "I'm the queen bee!" and "Bzzzzz!" lines. I never realized they were skin specific though lol

B.Va has "I'm the queen bee!" and "Bzzzzz!" lines. I never realized they were skin specific though lol

Awesome, is that only in PTR or in the regular server?

That would make Punk Tracer, Wolf Hanzo, and B.va with special voice lines. McCree definitely has some for his gambler skin that people found through datamining. Those are cool.

Salarians

Numbani Quick Play on defense; enemy never takes the point, we win, and I even get a 13 kill streak with Symmetra.

Attack; we take the point and make it to the second with no real problems. Then enemy switches to a two Rein, two Torb set up.

tumblr_inline_o9ngw0nCeW1sdmobh_540.jpg

Ready for one hero limit to come to PS4.

DevilDog

A widow, every, single, goddamned, game.

I wish she could just be removed, but then what will all these l33t snipx0rz do? Stop playing Overwatch? Please.

One symmetra, one torbjorn, one hanzo, one widow, one bastion.

I know your pain.

2379 is my highest...I'm somewhere around 2150 now I think.

I'll kept on grindin tho.

...and I know yours. 2234 yesterday (my highest), back down to 2130 today. I'm determined to make 2500. In my defense I did fall down to 1600ish at one point so this season has been a hell of a roller coaster.

Skyzard

Banned
1 game away from diamond, solo q a bunch and lose 200 points. Literally a drunk Russian guy on my team for 3 games as well. All the matches felt like I was skirmishing with easy bots, even the we one lost.

So bummed. Never playing comp after 2am. Going to make that a real cutoff.

Numbani Quick Play on defense; enemy never takes the point, we win, and I even get a 13 kill streak with Symmetra.

Attack; we take the point and make it to the second with no real problems. Then enemy switches to a two Rein, two Torb set up.

tumblr_inline_o9ngw0nCeW1sdmobh_540.jpg

Yea I've been doing quick play a lot lately to try different heros other than the ones I use for comp. Getting real sick of these Multi Genji comps where no one on my team knows he has a reflect ability. Or the multi tracer groups where people on my team think someone else will take care of them.

Cappa

Banned
Does this happen to anyone else? Youre on a winning streak, youre 1 game away from breaking your season high SR and you lose every single freaking time?

I swear, anytime Im close to breaking 2679(I have that number now thoroughly ingrained in my brain) I always lose the match. Always. Not sometimes. Always!!!!! So frustrating. It´s like Im in Purgatory.

Does this happen to anyone else? Youre on a winning streak, youre 1 game away from breaking your season high SR and you lose every single freaking time?

I swear, anytime Im close to breaking 2679(I have that number now thoroughly ingrained in my brain) I always lose the match. Always. Not sometimes. Always!!!!! So frustrating. It´s like Im in Purgatory.

As you get closer to your highest SR, it places you in more difficult match ups. There was a huge write-up on the inner mechanisms of comp on the competitive overwatch subreddit a while back. I'll try to find it.

Jacqli

I am always amazed at the fact that I actually care about these characters. Sometimes I feel like I play because of them. The voice lines, skins, everything is so cool in this game.

Fonds

I decided to get into competitive play after doing quick play for ages.

After my 10 placement matches I ended up with a 2100 rating.
Soon afterwards I learned that doing ranked play without a pre-made group is a bad idea.
Win loss ratio of about 5-15. Dropped way down to 1800 and now having to claw my way back up. Luckily I found a nice group of people to play with during one of my more successful games.

The grind back to 2k begins...

Overwatch really needs a clan/ channel system to make grouping easier.
I'd really dig a GAF clan, made D3 a lot more fun as well.

Top Bottom