• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

AngryMoth

Casters think that Pharah was the sole reason that Sym + Torb didn't work. I mean, Adam fucked up the generator. You also could have ran a Soldier too.

I mean, this can just create new issues. At this stage, unless you're Junkrat and similar heroes, I don't think anyone needs buffs. Zen and Reaper were good before this tank cheese, Ana was broken before this/broken since her launch. I think it's clear what needs to be done.

Major nerfs - Ana
Nerfs - Roadhog, D.Va, Soldier 76
Buffs - Mercy, Pharah
Major buffs - Junkrat, Bastion
Mix - Torbjorn
Wait on - Sombra, Symmetra, Hanzo, Widow
Major buffs to junkrat and bastion sends shivers down my spine as someone who plays primarily solo queue. I think they are both viable in certain situations already and it wouldn't take much to bring them more into the meta.

Also I would take Sym out of the wait for category, shield generator is quite clearly broken. I don't think there is a situation where it's better to use tele even on first point. My first though on how to nerf it would be make it has a maximum amount of charge similar to the teleporter, so it can only apply say 1000 total shields to your team (including recharges) before it runs out.

Cmon NRG, I don't believe in you, but I want you to win.

Yeah, I don't think they stand a chance but I would love for them to win.

1lSYaRvTz08.png

https://www.overbuff.com/

AMAZING.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean, if someone picks Junkrat/Bastion on KotH or something stupid, maybe if they weren't shit I wouldn't lose rank points.

They're also at least bearable to play against now because they're so bad.

I don't want someone with the DPS of bastion to be actually good.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bastion's issues won't be solved by anything but full on rework.
Like I honestly felt like he needed one more than Symmetra.

Bastion needs his barrier back and Winston needs his bubble returned to how it used to be now that Twinston isn't an issue. That's the only major changes I want right now other than nerfing Bionade.

Antiwhippy

Quad tank is honestly fucking terrible against this strat.

You don't get the damage to work through the extra 75 shields and you don't have the mobility (other than DVa and I have no idea why she isn't hunting for it) to hunt the shield generator.

I-hate-u

Quad tank is honestly fucking terrible against this strat.

You don't get the damage to work through the extra 75 shields and you don't have the mobility (other than DVa and I have no idea why she isn't hunting for it) to hunt the shield generator.

Lol she was in that match, just didn't find it.

Antiwhippy

That's what I was wondering.

Why she wasn't hunting for it.

Honestly there's like 2 places syms would place it on that map.

Nimby

Banned
Also I would take Sym out of the wait for category, shield generator is quite clearly broken. I don't think there is a situation where it's better to use tele even on first point. My first though on how to nerf it would be make it has a maximum amount of charge similar to the teleporter, so it can only apply say 1000 total shields to your team (including recharges) before it runs out.

Sym does need a nerf, I think it's still too early to really take action though. They need time to think of proper solutions, and a Torbjorn nerf is a nerf to Sym also, as I don't think their extra health should stack the way they do. He needs buffs in other areas too.

Range nerf is a no go, it feels too good and makes her feel funner to play. It's always something I've wanted, even it meant lowering her damage. I'd rather a damage nerf tbh.

Shield gen needs it's bugs fixed, but that's a no-brainer. In the future it should either work on a timer/have charges like teleporter/or be easier to destroy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Legit tired of having to switch off Winston to DVa constantly to win anything other than KOTH.

No matter what the enemy team comp, DVa is just better for anything other than a KOTH clusterfuck.

Rean

Finally got to Masters earlier with my Mccree. After taking a break from OW from a while I've been playing well consistently. Hopefully I can reach Grandmasters too.

Mercy tells me to swap from Roadhog because our first Roadhog feed Zarya ults in the first round.

Proceed to solo cap the first point and almost lead the charge on the second while she wastes her ults on solo rezzing DPS characters before ults even start flying.

Wat.

Shahadan

Lol we had a guy playing Mercy that couldn't stop bitching about everything, and in the last minute and a half he went "I'm stopping there retards, ty" and he litterally did. He didn't leave the match, he just waited around.

Fucking people holy shit. We could have won too

ISOM

Lol we had a guy playing Mercy that couldn't stop bitching about everything, and in the last minute and a half he went "I'm stopping there retards, ty" and he litterally did. He didn't leave the match, he just waited around.

Fucking people holy shit. We could have won too

I've seen two people just sit in one spot and try to grief the past two days in qp. Why people want to waste their time trolling, I have no idea.

Antiwhippy

Not that there are a lot of them, but I've met more entitled mercies than I've cared to.

They go "Argh you better be fucking glad I'm healing" and urgh they're just the worst.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As I said before, a bad Mercy is as noticeable as a bad Genji. They'll abandon you mid ult push, stick to a flanker or Pharah and have no idea whats going on at the cart. Sit on their rez for way too long.

Just no one says anything about it.

Shredderi

Why do they have to lock boxes behind "fun" arcade modes? I feel like I have to get them or I'm missing out but I literally get one win every seven arcade matches (winter bullshit hero and mei shitball fight). Could be fun if they at least gave one point every 5 matches or something.

Antiwhippy

As I said before, a bad Mercy is as noticeable as a bad Genji. They'll abandon you mid ult push, stick to a flanker or Pharah and have no idea whats going on at the cart. Sit on their rez for way too long.

Just no one says anything about it.

Hey I've been bitching about bad mercies for a long time now. :p

Why do they have to lock boxes behind "fun" arcade modes? I feel like I have to get them or I'm missing out but I literally get one win every seven arcade matches (winter bullshit hero and mei shitball fight). Could be fun if they at least gave one point every 5 matches or something.

Arcade can definitely feel like a chore but those loot boxes are just too enticing :( It can take me forever to get wins in that mode playing solo. Been playing the Mystery Heroes mode and hoping for some good luck basically.

The issue with not calling out bad support is the same thing as in games like Battlefield. People are usually so unwilling to play support you're just happy to see one and there's the whole culture of "thank your support," even though a lot of supports are garbage.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Any good Reaper players to follow? I know he's kind of out of vogue right now but I'm mostly just trying to improve my own play, learn striking positions for him and more map aware stuff. I'd probably rather see some Grandmaster level solo play with commentary than pro play since the former is more likely to apply to me than the latter.

I hate when Symmetra's have a really good round on Defense. Because they stay the same on Offense then refuse to swap, and we end up drawing on a match we should have easily won by just getting the first point.....

Top Bottom