• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Just got slept as Mercy and a random Genji stood infront of me reflecting shots and saved the match for us.

I nearly cried tears of joy

Doing stuff like this is the best feeling ever.

Stuff like Defense Matrixing a Roadhog after he hooks a teammate. Did it recently in mystery brawl cause I never play DVa and it was awesome.

Doing stuff like this is the best feeling ever.

Stuff like Defense Matrixing a Roadhog after he hooks a teammate.

The match was full of clutch moments. A nano boosted Rein charged our Rein, and our Hog hooked him right before impact.

And the Soldier who realized I was fucked in a corner and ran toward me so I could dash to him.

One of the best matches I had in ages

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's crazy to look at general populace Overwatch stats or even high level ones. The majority of profiles I click on seem to have 1 or 2 heroes at a huge amount of play time then everything else underneath that. Where as I'm sitting here with a cascade, a ton of time on each hero. Even when I try to focus down on a few heroes its still like 6 of them rather than most people who seem to do about 2 or 3 tops

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
It's crazy to look at general populace Overwatch stats or even high level ones. The majority of profiles I click on seem to have 1 or 2 heroes at a huge amount of play time then everything else underneath that. Where as I'm sitting here with a cascade, a ton of time on each hero. Even when I try to focus down on a few heroes its still like 6 of them rather than most people who seem to do about 2 or 3 tops
That's the same way I am, and even when I try to concentrate on a single person it only last a few days.

Which is a good thing because holy shit I can't buy a win. I've been doing great but losing. And in some really bad ways too.

Me and biscuit invited you, it's your fault :p

When you joined he was already gone and I was just doing some arcade games with moonkid.

Maybe it's for the best because the last comp games today were kinda shitty. Easy wins or bad losses, no middle ground.

Xeteh

It isn't TOO crazy. I played a shitload of the beta while it was up so I had a pretty good idea of the heroes I liked.

My times look like (I haven't played much in the last few months):

Mei: 14h
Roadhog: 12h
Mercy: 8h
Lucio: 6h
Junkrat: 4h
Symmetra: 3h

Everyone else is rather close.

Mei is my favorite character by far. I love playing her, she is so disruptive.

Roadhog is far and away my favorite "tank".

Mercy is my favorite support but playing her in pubs is so frustrating at times.

The rest have their merits but if I need to fill a role those 3 are my first choice.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I wish we could use the Themed maps all year round, would gladly take Xmas Hanamura and King's Row over default.

Anne

24fdec8785.png

:>

cyborg009

Banned
OK I made it to 2970 and I haven't lost a match yet with Symmetra (since buff). SOOOOoooooo Time for me to fuck it up!

edit: I'm top 500 again with Symmetra

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I wish we could use the Themed maps all year round, would gladly take Xmas Hanamura and King's Row over default.

Same. It'd be nice if they added costume swapping on the character select screen too, then you could have on the fly changes to a christmas or halloween map.

Meh, Hanamura is a great overhaul but I'd miss the Cherry Blossoms. Themed King's Row is awesome though yeah. I also liked themed Hollywood as well. Wish they mixed them in with the others but kept it so it was the same percentage of getting both a map and a themed map as a regular map. Does that make sense?

Like if they were to do it and say the chances of getting a certain map in the game is now 10%, then it would now be 5% for xmas king's row and 5% for normal king's row while being 10% for Anubis or any other map that doesn't have a themed variant.

Looks like an orc in shaman wolf gear.

I don't play WoW, so I wouldn't know. I only know that there's those werewolf guys and they look really adorable badass.

...Has the meta been changed to the point where Roadhog is too good? Looking for input here.

Roadhog always has been too good, his goodness just was overshadowed by other people breaking the game more, and the fact that his main role was generally not as important due to the fast ult charges. Now that ults are much more valuable, his capability to get picks is much more valuable.

Xeteh

...Has the meta been changed to the point where Roadhog is too good? Looking for input here.

Roadhog will always be good unless they nerf his left click. The ability to bring someone in to the optimal range can't be bad unless the numbers are garbage.

Dartastic

I don't play WoW, so I wouldn't know. I only know that there's those werewolf guys and they look really adorable badass.

Roadhog always has been too good, his goodness just was overshadowed by other people breaking the game more, and the fact that his main role was generally not as important due to the fast ult charges. Now that ults are much more valuable, his capability to get picks is much more valuable.

Roadhog will always be good unless they nerf his left click. The ability to bring someone in to the optimal range can't be bad unless the numbers are garbage.
Welp. Thanks guys. I've never felt that he was too good before, but these days he's just... wrecking me and my team. I personally hate the character.
https://oddshot.tv/shot/UzqRIEqyRIFBfbizNKFszR-B

Seriously, if this wasn't on lan (not that you can't aimbot on lan, but I doubt it this time seeing that he's generally really good) I would be calling aimbots.

Nanohana must be up there as the top DPS. I already knew he had an insane genji back when I watched them play gosu weeklies.
Yeah, the freaking the fuck out after he kills someone isn't the best look.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
5 for 5 for symmetra being in a quickplay game that led the defense to winning. I actually don't like being on attack anymore.

She is so goddamn dumb when you play with randoms.

why blizzard

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The freaking the fuck out isn't that surprising. Pros love ramping up the dpi and freaking out whenever they knew they popped off because they know that they'll get the PoV most of the time. You see that most often with reinhardts.

Anne

Welp. Thanks guys. I've never felt that he was too good before, but these days he's just... wrecking me and my team. I personally hate the character.

Yeah, the freaking the fuck out after he kills someone isn't the best look.

I do this too. It's pretty normal to see somebody twitch out like that when trying to readjust tracking for a new target. Overwatch has a lot of twitchy shit in general going on with aim because of the way movement works.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
On one hand, I love Sombra's passive for hunting that animal in the corner
On the other hand, it makes it far too tempting to go in too deep to try to finish someone off then suddenly get flashbanged.

Cappa

Banned
Im still trying wrap my mind around how anyone can think that Symmetra is OP? I mean maybe at lower levels but in diamond /master tier she's still very situational and does not guarantee a win.....

Quick play is doing my head in, it's just a shit show.

Got at attack bastion at the moment that is just sitting near our spawn waiting on them coming to us.

I got Elf Tracer. The RNG gods do exist.

huzzzzzzzzzah
Are there any Sombra changes in the pipeline? She is such a useless character.

Yeah, she feels like she's in a weird space. There's always someone doing something better than her.

In my admittedly low playtime, I've seen precisely one person I'd categorise as "a threat" playing Sombra. They were always behind, just out of reach, attacking our flanks. And even then, it wasn't nearly as dangerous as a Tracer would be doing the same thing. (Once Sombra bails, she's gone for a while and needs to attack from somewhere else, whereas you can never give Tracer any quarter--she's either a thorn in your side or dead.)

I got Elf Tracer. The RNG gods do exist.

huzzzzzzzzzah

Yeah, she feels like she's in a weird space. There's always someone doing something better than her.

In my admittedly low playtime, I've seen precisely one person I'd categorise as "a threat" playing Sombra. They were always behind, just out of reach, attacking our flanks. And even then, it wasn't nearly as dangerous as a Tracer would be doing the same thing. (Once Sombra bails, she's gone for a while and needs to attack from somewhere else, whereas you can never give Tracer any quarter--she's either a thorn in your side or dead.)

The recent Symmetra buffs have hit her so hard. That extra 75 health means she can't kill someone in a single mag unless you get all headshots. Really disappointed Blizzard seems to of forgotten her so fast.

I feel like unnecessary usage of Ults is probably top 3 maybe top 2 of the reasons ive lost my recent matches.
People will just randomly ult when we dont need it like. A Zen popping his ult after a dva self destruct even though we have a reim shield. It wouldnt do anything anyway
If he saved that for the soldier Ult next it would have been better but i guess thats the pains of soloq and uncoordinated teams. I really need a mic

Anne

The recent Symmetra buffs have hit her so hard. That extra 75 health means she can't kill someone in a single mag unless you get all headshots. Really disappointed Blizzard seems to of forgotten her so fast.

On the flipside EMP has a ton of value against it.

Still sitting here firmly in "don't buff until we mess with Ana" because her kit is scary.

Top Bottom