• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Prelude.

Any good Reaper players to follow? I know he's kind of out of vogue right now but I'm mostly just trying to improve my own play, learn striking positions for him and more map aware stuff. I'd probably rather see some Grandmaster level solo play with commentary than pro play since the former is more likely to apply to me than the latter.
You can try this.
http://streamhive.com/filters/overwatch-streams

You can filter characters and rank.

8byte

Banned
As someone who has never played this...

...what kind of environment am I jumping into? As in, will everyone have vastly superior "gear" or whatever to me, or will I be on a fairly level playing field?

Just looking for a fun MP shooter that I can play casually...does this fit the bill? Or does it require pretty committed playtime?

Fancolors

As someone who has never played this...

...what kind of environment am I jumping into? As in, will everyone have vastly superior "gear" or whatever to me, or will I be on a fairly level playing field?

Just looking for a fun MP shooter that I can play casually...does this fit the bill? Or does it require pretty committed playtime?

There is no gear, only cosmetic skins.

You can play it casually, just don't touch competitive. It takes a few hours to get familiar with everyone tho.

Jellie

JLtxDoO.gif

Just Skii making me a proud granny by being a pro genji and a nice sleep dart on roadhog just to make sure no hooks.

8byte

Banned
There is no gear, only cosmetic skins.

You can play it casually, just don't touch competitive. It takes a few hours to get familiar with everyone tho.

Awesome. That sounds great.

Can you unlock the cosmetics by playing, or only through those add on packages I see for sale?

Last 4 competitive games I've had at least four golds and we lost. I remember why I stopped playing competitive.

And after countless hours, my number one hated thing about this game is how inaccurate the estimate wait time for a match is. Either it says 30 seconds, and takes four minutes. Or says 2 minutes, and takes 10 seconds.

Fancolors

Can you unlock the cosmetics by playing, or only through those add on packages I see for sale?

You get loot boxes containing cosmetics every level up, plus weekly bonuses. If you are impatient, you can purchase them, but doing so is not required to get the items.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I barely ever see the winter maps in QP. Blizz dont make me start dropping out of every single assembly jsut to see Hanamura.

I had team with a couple of toxic players in competitive tonight who kept finger-pointing at each other but also a couple of some of the best teams I've played with too. They were really friendly folks and when things went bad they didn't start blaming others. They made adjustments and it worked.

I'm more convinced now that at least at Gold/Silver, if the enemy has even a below-average Pharah someone needs to go to a hitscan hero and deal with her or it's done. I was healing and getting pounded by one again tonight.

Also thanks to those in this thread who recommended Oversumo. I checked my stats on it and it was very revealing. It's good to have some context for all of these stats. I always wondered things like if I was healing enough as Ana as I should (turns out, no and/or I need to work on surviving longer).

That poor baby dva. :(

Speaking of DVA. She's not fun to fight against. I think they went too far with her tankability while having all that mobility.

Roubjon

Does anyone have any good Sombra video guides or gameplay videos that I could learn from? I love her character but I'm having trouble figuring out my priorities with what I should do with all of her tools.

There are two ways to unlock cosmetics. You can randomly get them from crates which can be earned through gameplay or bought. The other way is to buy them with currency which can appear inside crates.

When the 2 kill Hanzo who shittalks you for being Symmetra instead of a 2nd healer is on the opposite team the next game, and gets completely steamrolled by your 1 Healer + Symmetra team on both Offense and Defense.

When+the+tech+support+is+just+right_320858_5918375.jpg

Top Bottom