• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Koreans actually kind of dislike running the so called "korean tank comp" huh? :p

Close range damage

ehhhhhh.

I still say that you shouldn't really be losing to sym 1v1 as a DPS or tank. the initial damage is pitiful, and while it gets super strong she usually gets picked off before that.

Her jumping into the chaos of battle where people can't notice her ramping up her charges is where she excels in.

Mutombo

Koreans actually kind of dislike running the so called "korean tank comp" huh? :p

ehhhhhh.

I still say that you shouldn't really be losing to sym 1v1 as a DPS or tank. the initial damage is pitiful, and while it gets super strong she usually gets picked off before that.

Her jumping into the chaos of battle where people can't notice her ramping up her charges is where she excels in.

Symmetra is now the counter to DVA.

The extra health buff was unneeded; she has 700 if you include her extra life. She has an ultimate that she can use at the second of her death, that can kill everything but herself. Before the only downside to her was that she had a pea shooter, but now she can actually kill with that as well.

I don't think she's where Blizzard wants her at. Unless she's a staff favorite and people just like her to be where it's at.

Soldier's buff is really noticeable as well, but at least he has 'just' 200 health.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ana's bio grenade should probably also stop working on other sources of healing as well. Just her healing. And at a decreased rate.

Antiwhippy

The extra health buff was unneeded; she has 700 if you include her extra life. She has an ultimate that she can use at the second of her death, that can kill everything but herself. Before the only downside to her was that she had a pea shooter, but now she can actually kill with that as well.

I don't think she's where Blizzard wants her at. Unless she's a staff favorite and people just like her to be where it's at.

Soldier's buff is really noticeable as well, but at least he has 'just' 200 health.

What.

Dva will shred sym before she gets a chance to do anything. How is she a counter to Dva in any shape or form?

Jellie

Yup. Had a game yesterday where she wiped out half our team when the enemy were firing off all their ults.
Still salty I didn't get PotG for this and the Reinhardt who was scared the whole time did.
d7rhoxk.gif

pTP2FZ6.gif

Shield generator OP. Would have died like 3 times without it.

Maybe buff her on consoles, but fuuuuuuuuck buffing her on PC.

I've experienced way too many aimbot/smurfing widows to ever want her to be actually viable, because you know what's not fun? Barely able to make it out of the door because you just get instagibbed.
I wouldn't even consider lowering the cooldown on her grappling hook a buff. It does absolutely nothing except slightly increase her survivability, but a dedicated flanker is still going to be a huge problem for her.

There really is no reason for her to have such a long cooldown on it.

I'm going to make a post on the forums :p

Mendrox

Symmetra is no counter to Dva... I play since yesterday again and never lost a 1on1 vs Symmetra. The useless jumps are taken care of by good aim.

I keep forgetting to use Symm's new shield, but when I do remember it actually seems really useful. Especially on corridors like Anubis b.
Lowering CD on grapple is absolutely a massive buff what.
For who? The 0.1% of widowmakers who do grapple trick shots?

At most levels of play a Widowmaker that's flanked without her grapple hook is a dead Widowmaker.

Anne

For who? The 0.1% of widowmakers who do grapple trick shots?

At most levels of play a Widowmaker that's flanked without her grapple hook is a dead Widowmaker.

For mobility in general? If she could grapple more often I would never know what LoS I'm supposed to worry about. Flankers and dives should kill her, and she should have to seriously consider how she uses mobility.

For mobility in general? If she could grapple more often I would never know what LoS I'm supposed to worry about. Flankers and dives should kill her, and she should have to seriously consider how she uses mobility.
That's a fair point I guess, but do you think even a 2s reduction on her cd would change that?

If so, can you think of anything that could be done to make her feel less... static without being OP? I think her scope + damage output at the moment is perfect but Widowmaker play just isn't super dynamic. Which is why I think a cd reduction on that could help because at least then she can have more fun positioning, engaging, etc.

Antiwhippy

I mean if you want to play a non-static character don't play a sniper. :p

It's kinda weird that all the things people want to change about her is to make her less of a sniper?

That's a fair point I guess, but do you think even a 2s reduction on her cd would change that?

A way of thinking of it is, like, think of how big of a nerf 2s was on Genji ult. Or how much change adding 2s onto roadhog's cd would be. In a game where fights are determined in 30 secs or less, 2s can mean a whooole lot sometimes.

Anne

I think if Widowmaker play is static, somebody is playing her wrong. Pick Widow on offense, play the map for your picks, establish space with her large LoS and keep the push going harder, win. There's a lot of movement and shit going on with that.

I'm assuming most of y'all are running into defensive Widows who just sit in the back of the map and snipe. That's not Widowmaker.

I mean if you want to play a non-static character don't play a sniper. :p

It's kinda weird that all the things people want to change about her is to make her less of a sniper?
I wouldn't say that. Ehh it's hard to explain.
A way of thinking of it is, like, think of how big of a nerf 2s was on Genji ult. Or how much change adding 2s onto roadhog's cd would be. In a game where fights are determined in 30 secs or less, 2s can mean a whooole lot sometimes.
Fair enough.
I think if Widowmaker play is static, somebody is playing her wrong. Pick Widow on offense, play the map for your picks, establish space with her large LoS and keep the push going harder, win. There's a lot of movement and shit going on with that.

I'm assuming most of y'all are running into defensive Widows who just sit in the back of the map and snipe. That's not Widowmaker.
I usually pick her on attack, sometimes on KOTH if the map has generous sight lines so I do usually use her to push & provide cover for my team that's pushing which is where I think she feels the best. But I guess that's what I mean by wanting to feel more "dynamic", on defense she just kind of sits there. :p

Antiwhippy

She is kind of bad on defense though.

Same for hanzo really.

I dunno, if she's just a sniper she's just a sniper. I don't really see anything wrong with that.

Is there a new kind of troll going on?

Had a game yesterday, 2-2-2. Then somehow after contesting the point till about 80%, the healer changed to Tracer. He did it in every round always at around 80%.

Lost the match then.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm still of the opinion tanks shouldn't be bounced around like everyone else is by splash damage. Like they can move but it should be a lot less.

In TF2 if yo uwere the heavy you could crouch to avoid getting bounced while you were spun up

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Genji should have been a tank and Hanzo should have been a healer

We wouldnt be having this no healer no tank problem in qp if they did that

zoukka

ehhhhhh.

In our 'scrub' league Symm usually wins most 1v1's if she gets the jump on you first. Of course that is already a fail on your part, but not having to aim is a huge advantage in bronze-diamond.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like I said, I don't mind dying to Symmetra. I know how she functions, I know when not to engage and when to engage

The problem is that shield barrier. It lasts until its destroyed, it has too much HP, its range is too high and it makes her so tanky that she can basically jump spam any 1vs1 in close range sans someone with a stun.

zoukka

The problem is that shield barrier. It lasts until its destroyed, it has too much HP, its range is too high and it makes her so tanky that she can basically jump spam any 1vs1 in close range sans someone with a stun.

But that's a fucked up scenario anyway, if your team can't deal with a symmetra that is approaching your deathball then you deserve to get beamed.

Remember what i said about Diamond being great and not as bad yesterday.
L O L

Lost 3 straight games today

1 just had a bad comp refusing to change atleast they werent toxic

1 had widowmaker main refusing to switch no matter how many times the winston counterd her blaming out Ana on defence then only switched to pharah on our second to last push on attack

My last match had a winston constantly bitching at everyone. We just lost 3-2 koth cause when we were up 2-1 we lost the point and he tilted so hard he switched to symmetra. There was no way for us to get the point back.

I shouldnt have jinxed my luck ://///////

Mutombo

What.

Dva will shred sym before she gets a chance to do anything. How is she a counter to Dva in any shape or form?

I suppose you're right and I'm just informed by a bad Dva player and by my supreme symmetra experiences.

However, who is a counter to Dva now? Zarya still?

Antiwhippy

Likewise, man. I do hate it when there are players that purposely throw the game, and I wished I was playing as Mei, so that he couldn't wall us off. Oh well, it was otherwise a great time. :D

Yeah you don't know what you get with koreans sometimes. The other korean on our team (the really good reaper) almost soundeds resigned over it haha. Seems to be a common thing on their end.

Jellie

So flanking with Ana, yay or nay? I tried it just now and it worked really well.

Was overtime on sudden death defence on route 66 . They were pushing under the bridge after the first checkpoint and our rein said he would ult when we took their shield down so I went through the building and darted their rein. Rein ulted, zarya ulted and I had a clear position for grenading their team and we won.

While it worked in that case (probably because it was overtime and they was focused on the payload) not sure if it's worth the risk cos if I got spotted then team fight lost.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Sombra's voice lines and emotes are so dull
Her voice actually really annoys me because it's so condescending lol. Combine her voice with her annoying playstyle, and you have my most hated character in the game.

I'm glad she's not that good.

Skii

People who want to buff Widowmaker do not understand the terror she is on PC. I've had Widowmakers who headshot me mid dash as Genji.

Even in seagull's recent stream, he was facing a team that were raging at their Widowmaker but he told them she was carrying them. Widow was getting 1-2 picks and seagull spent most of his time trying to break her LOS with Mei which basically won him the game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What does it say about the state of Sombra that she can currently perma hack health packs with a bug and Blizzard hasn't felt the need to rush out and fix it?

Cappa

Banned

I just have not ever encountered a situation post buff where Symm will beat anyone in 1 vs 1.

Widowmaker is still too good at murdering one or two people to break a defense, and not good enough at anything else. I haven't played much comp this season, so I'm only at ~2800, but people routinely take her to get a pick on King's Row and push that advantage to cap the first point.

What does it say about the state of Sombra that she can currently perma hack health packs with a bug and Blizzard hasn't felt the need to rush out and fix it?
I think Blizzard all just went on vacation once the winter cosmetics went live, to be honest.

Kiro

Whoever was in our 6/7 gaf group last night, fun times guys.

We went like 15 - 2 or something. Total domination.

...my bad for hooking an Ulting DVA behind a rein shield lol.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I finished my placement matches the other day and ended up in Gold. Hovering in the low 2000s after a few more matches. I guess I'm pretty bad at the game.

I'm having mixed feelings about comp. On one hand, the people are generally more competent and you have better matches. On the other hand, holy shit there are so many assholes. So many people sling so much shit and usually in completely unfounded ways too.

No Pharah, I can't pocket you 24/7 because I have to float between you and the core team to keep everyone healed. I TOLD you that I'll be doing that. But I get yelled at anyway as soon as I float away, as if you're the only person in the world.

No, triple tank comp isn't auto-win if the group isn't good enough to make it work. I'm also worse at Ana than I am at Mercy, but go ahead and yell at me to pick Ana anyway because "it's meta". And then people expect me to solo heal as either Mercy or Ana because fuck second healers I guess? Then I get yelled at for not healing people when the other team's flankers rightfully hunt me the fuck down and I'm dead 30% of the game.

There was one time I successfully I 1v1ed a Tracer once as Mercy, but she killed me two other times on defense, and that was enough to break the defense because guess what, I was the only healer again and our defense was like a 20 second walk from respawn.

Oh, you'd be surprised...
I mean, she can be incredibly annoying. That's why I hate her.

It's just that I think Tracer is better at harassment, and I don't think Sombra's hacking is better than Tracer's bombs and her ability to come back to harassing soon after getting caught.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
I just bought a new ps4 today to replace my old one. I was looking through my library to see what games to download when I saw Overwatch Origins Edition. I didn't buy it...

The beta is there. I remember playing that. Last time I logged into my PS4 was 1st November and the last time the game was free to play was mid november right? I actually remember downloading it on my Xbox One...so I have no idea why it's here on my PS4. Has the game been free to play before November? Maybe I was drunk one weekend and have totally forgot. Downloading it now to see what happens.

Top Bottom