• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Fancolors

I just bought a new ps4 today to replace my old one. I was looking through my library to see what games to download when I saw Overwatch Origins Edition. I didn't buy it...

The beta is there. I remember playing that. Last time I logged into my PS4 was 1st November and the last time the game was free to play was mid november right? I actually remember downloading it on my Xbox One...so I have no idea why it's here on my PS4. Has the game been free to play before November? Maybe I was drunk one weekend and have totally forgot. Downloading it now to see what happens.
Game is still paid with some occasional free weekends.

I'm going away for the holidays but played one game today to minimize my skill decay.

Torb + Sym on Anubis defense, LMAO. Once that thing gets going its unstoppable. Probably my first ever competitive Torb game, and it was a lot of fun actually, but the other team was probably hating it.

Curious to see how the meta looks when I get back.

KHlover

Banned
Aw feck, 0 healers and 1 tank (me) in Defense. Team wised up...when the cart was 5m from the last point. Idiots. I mean we DID hold it way better than before, but too little waaaay too late.

Fugu

...So I just played a full-length competitive game with Ana without missing a single scoped shot (no, I did not just fire one scoped shot).
LtB8BTM.jpg

I actually didn't even notice until the end.

LiK

I was enjoying playing Zen some more over the weekend in QP. Was healing and killing really well. But damn, even with cards for kills or healing, I got 0 votes even when I was the ONLY Support doing all the healing work. Zen gets no love.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Torb/Symmetra on defense, especially eichenwlade, goes int othe Zen Discord 50% bucket.

Literally the most trash ass cheezy shit I've ever encountered in this game.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Only her ultimate gives her teammates shields now.
Which of course, makes me wonder why she's still considered support. She's kinda like Torb with energy weapons now, so shouldn't she be categorized as a defensive hero?

Mutombo

Torb/Symmetra on defense, especially eichenwlade, goes int othe Zen Discord 50% bucket.

Literally the most trash ass cheezy shit I've ever encountered in this game.

I've tried out this combo on offense as well. Works on some maps if you manage to get in that sneak attack in capture the point maps. That's on gold though.

Skii

Just had a symmetra on competitive who placed a teleporter on the payload. We were on defence... I don't really see how I can outplay those types of decisions tbh.

Just had a symmetra on competitive who placed a teleporter on the payload. We were on defence... I don't really see how I can outplay those types of decisions tbh.

Yeah I've had Symmetras place their generators on the objective and I'm like "AHHH LET ME PLAY HER INSTEAD YOU IMBECILE" in my mind.

Skii

Yeah I've had Symmetras place their generators on the objective and I'm like "AHHH LET ME PLAY HER INSTEAD YOU IMBECILE" in my mind.

I just want them to play at a fairly competent level. That's all I ask.

Out of 8 placement matches, I still didn't win a single one with a mercy.

Yup, pretty much the same for me. Maybe once or twice I've had a Mercy who actually understands how to play the character but the rest of the time it'll be someone who res when a DVA bomb has been launched in the air.

Jellie

I just want them to play at a fairly competent level. That's all I ask.

Yup, pretty much the same for me. Maybe once or twice I've had a Mercy who actually understands how to play the character but the rest of the time it'll be someone who res when a DVA bomb has been launched in the air.

It's always a mercy main queing with somebody 500-1000 SR above them. Always end up losing since they just pocket heal and res them.

5 losses and a draw, quite the productive evening so far

Also I miss the times when close games were a thing. Pretty much all I've seen this week are complete trashings, most of which I've been on the receiving end. Can't remember the last time I've played a deciding tie

Sullichin

It's always a mercy main queing with somebody 500-1000 SR above them. Always end up losing since they just pocket heal and res them.

someone asked me to switch to mercy and stick with them (pharah) the whole game.
No...there's other people to heal on the team too. Just be happy you have two healers.

KHlover

Banned
Time to do them placement matches. Anyone on PC (Europe) willing to queue up with me? Not the best player by a long shot, but I did scrape my way up from <2000 to almost diamond last season.

D.Va main btw

Out of 8 placement matches, I still didn't win a single one with a mercy.

Mercys have this nasty habit of rez'ing when they see "x3" on the screen without ever looking at where the souls are. Gee, thank you for rez'ing us surrounded by the enemy team. That was really helpful; now I get to just die again.

Gurrry

Its kind of BS that Syms lazer doesnt cut off when she has no line of sight on you. It can basically kill you around corners.

Woo, got the 2 skins I wanted from this event, Reaper and Pharah. I don't really care too much about the more Christmas themed ones because they seem too seasonal for me.

So last night someone asked if I wanted to play with his friend who bought a smurf account and was Master on his main.

I said "what the hell" and jumped in, despite not playing for a week and a half and risking not hitting my peak SR.

Our team has 3 diamonds and 3 plats, their team has 4 diamonds and 2 plats.

We're down 0-2 on Lijiang and our supposed Master player is doing jack shit against Pharah as S76. I keep asking him to keep an eye on her since he's our hard counter to her, while playing my best as Lucio.

I end up holding the third map by being annoying and switching between healing and boosting to make sure I don't get picked off on the point, and we clean up.

For some reason the other team's Pharah switches off, and we end up winning 3-2. I healed for 35% of the team's damage that game.

10 points away from 2600 now. Diamond players don't play much better it seems, or at least the ones that fell down to high plat don't.

I guess it's just a time investment more than anything.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
someone asked me to switch to mercy and stick with them (pharah) the whole game.
No...there's other people to heal on the team too. Just be happy you have two healers.
This is pretty much what happened to me. I was playing Mercy because I'm way better with her than I am with Ana.

Pharah tells me to go away from the entire party and stick to her exclusively. I tell him I can pocket him occasionally but I'll float between him and the group and heal accordingly. He goes "understood".

I fly to Reinhardt to help heal the main group because that's where most of the combat is. Pharah immediately gets herself killed and then yells at me.

Fuck these people.

Strakt

Hanzo main?

I would love to play hanzo only in competitive as he's my favorite hero.. but currently the meta doesn't support him and people just bitch when you lock in something that isn't dva, reind, road, soldier, ana, lucio/zen. They consider it a "troll" pick and then they counter troll you with torb on attack or bastion.

caesar

Banned
So last night someone asked if I wanted to play with his friend who bought a smurf account and was Master on his main.

I said "what the hell" and jumped in, despite not playing for a week and a half and risking not hitting my peak SR.

Our team has 3 diamonds and 3 plats, their team has 4 diamonds and 2 plats.

We're down 0-2 on Lijiang and our supposed Master player is doing jack shit against Pharah as S76. I keep asking him to keep an eye on her since he's our hard counter to her, while playing my best as Lucio.

I end up holding the third map by being annoying and switching between healing and boosting to make sure I don't get picked off on the point, and we clean up.

For some reason the other team's Pharah switches off, and we end up winning 3-2. I healed for 35% of the team's damage that game.

10 points away from 2600 now. Diamond players don't play much better it seems, or at least the ones that fell down to high plat don't.

I guess it's just a time investment more than anything.

Just because hes master doesn't mean he will magically 1v6 the entire game.

KiraFA37

Time to do them placement matches. Anyone on PC (Europe) willing to queue up with me? Not the best player by a long shot, but I did scrape my way up from <2000 to almost diamond last season.

D.Va main btw

Yea sure, I'm always up for some games with the EU-gaf squad. Add me KiraFA37#2240, I should be able to play in 30 to 45 minutes, just got to have dinner first .

caesar

Banned

D.Va main btw

Yea sure, I'm always up for some games with the EU-gaf squad. Add me KiraFA37#2240, I should be able to play in 30 to 45 minutes, just got to have dinner first .

Can't queue but you guys can add me, caesar#2952.

man I just realized last night that Frosted Zarya changes her hair color a bit too

if only her gun wasn't bright fucking pink and it would be her best skin

sigh

I hope the next thing Blizzard patches is Symmetra's teleporter stats. Tired of seeing 0 players teleported/0% teleporter uptime when I had my shield generator up for the whole game. Get your act together Blizzard, you're making this game literally unplayable.

finalflame

Alright, I'm back. Phew.

This season has been a goddamn rollercoaster. Placed at 2550, then dove down to 1950 after some REALLY bad losing streaks. I have been on my way back up and am at 2424, but it feels like I am climbing insanely slowly -- like, 30-40 SR per match even on 4+ game winning streaks.

Sullichin

Alright, I'm back. Phew.

This season has been a goddamn rollercoaster. Placed at 2550, then dove down to 1950 after some REALLY bad losing streaks. I have been on my way back up and am at 2424, but it feels like I am climbing insanely slowly -- like, 30-40 SR per match even on 4+ game winning streaks.

wtf i never get 40 points even on a winning streak. 40SR for a win is low?
I get like 20-25

Top Bottom