• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Sullichin

6W1vbAC.gif

this is incredible

Nimby

Banned
Eh.

I don't really see how the beam is broken.

Also it was really easy to get Sym PotG before the buff even really.

It sorta favors her a bit, like how it favors environmental kills or at one point Mercy res. I don't think it is broken, but the range is a good change. 5m range made her feel clunky and was just unsatisfying. Tone down her damage if it's needed, not the range.

Unkle

Been getting mixed reports, but what fps should I expect to get on Overwatch (2560x1440 on epic settings) with a 1070/6700k? Just bought it!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It sorta favors her a bit, like how it favors environmental kills or at one point Mercy res. I don't think it is broken, but the range is a good change. 5m range made her feel clunky and was just unsatisfying. Tone down her damage if it's needed, not the range.

I mean her damage is pretty shit before a long ramp up so most of the time she should get shredded before building anything up.

KHlover

Banned
Been getting mixed reports, but what fps should I expect to get on Overwatch (2560x1440 on epic settings) with a 1070/6700k? Just bought it!

I'm getting 70-90 fps with a 980/4790k on Ultra, so I think you should be able to hit at least the same performace on Epic, probably more?

Kiro

If anything, increase the ramp up time. Same damage and range, but longer to get to that top damage. Maybe even INCREASE the max damage, but take longer to get there, mobile champs will be fine, but she could become a panic tank killer.

Unkle

I'm getting 70-90 fps with a 980/4790k on Ultra, so I think you should be able to hit at least the same performace on Epic, probably more?

Been having issues with Battle.net/GeForce Experience co-existing, (problems arose when I installed the former) but just had my first quick match and averaged around 105-ish on Epic with some dips inbetween. I only ask because benchmarks I've looked up and it was saying to expect 130/140, but I'm not sure if that's on Ultra or Epic. It doesn't really matter, though, I'm just curious. :D

Moonkid

Wish they'd put in some kind of report function/never play with his player again function, got a Widowmaker doing jackshit in a comp game.

KHlover

Banned
Wish they'd put in some kind of report function/never play with his player again function, got a Widowmaker doing jackshit in a comp game.

You can report and block players. Right click their name in chat, then select what you want. Should also be possible in the Hero screen iirc.

EDIT: Seems like avoiding players was patched out?

Moonkid

Basically one of the best Widowmakers in the world couldn't find matches due to the fact that people didn't want to play against him and avoided him because he was so good. So Blizzard removed the Avoid Player feature.
smh. I don't think PS4 has any kind of report system in the game either.

AbaFadi

Banned

At higher ranks on console, going widow means the person is throwing the game. Not sure how it is below masters though (don't know what rank you are).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
There are 2 dominant types of widows at the lower ranks I find: The ones that do jack shit, and the ones that are clearly aimbotting/smurfing.

You get the ones in the middle sometimes but those are much rarer.

Moonkid

Because people don't want to play against a good widow.

Getting instagibbed constantly is a frustrating experience, let's just say that.
Surely they should have removed the function for high performing individuals case by case.
At higher ranks on console, going widow means the person is throwing the game. Not sure how it is below masters though (don't know what rank you are).
I'm only high platinum and I think it's the same.

AngryMoth

Think me and my brother are cursed. He's a higher rank than me but every time I group up with him we finish on lower ranks than we started. Just lost the 100 points I had gained today :'(

On PC it's viable, but yeah, you have to get your picks and you have to get them consistently. If you don't, you are still throwing in a way. If you are Widow and not getting picks, you are making every fight 5v6 and your team will lose super hard unless the others are really good at picking up that slack.

Off topic - Ran into a Pharah in comp last night that drove me crazy on Rein. It felt like any time I pushed through a doorway she was there to ult us. That match scarred me. It's been a long time since I've run into a phenomenal Pharah, but she was shutting me down super hard. Didn't help that I was getting tired and my play was off, but still. It all reaffirms my view that Pharah absolutely does not need buffs, just for the roster to get large enough to justify not having a soldier/mccree all the time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My biggest issue is when the cart is right about to go and finish but the Widow still plays Widow on defense.

like you really think you're gonna get a fucking pick? and that you're not just going to get blocked and they're going to turn it in after they kill everyone else because you're not on the point?

Prelude.

What was your end of last season. My placement was within 100SR I think.
2589 because I made the mistake to try and get to diamond in the last 2 days of S2 since I was at 2900.
I just got 53 points for my first win so, hopefully, I'll be out of gold almost immediately. I've already encountered people insulting each other on my team, btw.

DevilDog

I would love to play hanzo only in competitive as he's my favorite hero.. but currently the meta doesn't support him and people just bitch when you lock in something that isn't dva, reind, road, soldier, ana, lucio/zen. They consider it a "troll" pick and then they counter troll you with torb on attack or bastion.

Isn't it impossible to miss though? I want to try hanzoing my way to master at least once again.
Plus the team always has a zarya, which means dragon combos 24/7

ISOM

I would love to play hanzo only in competitive as he's my favorite hero.. but currently the meta doesn't support him and people just bitch when you lock in something that isn't dva, reind, road, soldier, ana, lucio/zen. They consider it a "troll" pick and then they counter troll you with torb on attack or bastion.

Well you can kind of avoid Hanzo being considered a troll pick sometimes, if you pick him on relevant maps like payload or 2cp maps. People will still blame you first if the team isn't doing well but you will less likely be considered a troll pick at least in my experience. You should be slotting in Hanzo as the second DPS as to avoid a bad team comp which will again make people think you're trolling or something.

AbaFadi

Banned
On PC it's viable, but yeah, you have to get your picks and you have to get them consistently. If you don't, you are still throwing in a way. If you are Widow and not getting picks, you are making every fight 5v6 and your team will lose super hard unless the others are really good at picking up that slack.

Off topic - Ran into a Pharah in comp last night that drove me crazy on Rein. It felt like any time I pushed through a doorway she was there to ult us. That match scarred me. It's been a long time since I've run into a phenomenal Pharah, but she was shutting me down super hard. Didn't help that I was getting tired and my play was off, but still. It all reaffirms my view that Pharah absolutely does not need buffs, just for the roster to get large enough to justify not having a soldier/mccree all the time.

Yeah I can see widow being viable on attack for PC to get the first pick. I think a widow needs to know when to switch though and not try to snipe the whole game if it's not working. I watch Kephrii a lot so I know how good she can be if utilized properly.

Pharah is good when played correctly I think. On console she's probably a little more dominant since it's harder to kill her on there. Any more buffs though she'll be op I think. She already two shots most heroes with a direct hit.

Jellie

2589 because I made the mistake to try and get to diamond in the last 2 days of S2 since I was at 2900.
I just got 53 points for my first win so, hopefully, I'll be out of gold almost immediately. I've already encountered people insulting each other on my team, btw.

Yeah I had a roadhog insult me then apologised when I kept the team alive the 3 rounds.

Yup, definitely Mei suddenly clicked with me. Now getting gold elims and in some cases even gold damage in QP.

I can also see why people can hate a good mei. Cutting off escape routes is so good.

I'm wondering how long before they overhaul Sombra. Her hacking kit, being timer busywork, is the exact thing Kaplan slammed Symmetra's old kit for. Seems inevitable that they'll alter it somehow down the road.

Symmetra after patch.
Just popped a Dva ult without boosting ;_;

I've done that before. Feels bad.

What's worse? Ulting as Winston and then immediately leaping over your target... off a cliff. Done that more than I want to admit...

Wuuaaaaahhhh~

ScribbleD

I'm wondering how long before they overhaul Sombra. Her hacking kit, being timer busywork, is the exact thing Kaplan slammed Symmetra's old kit for. Seems inevitable that they'll alter it somehow down the road.

Symmetra after patch.

What's worse? Ulting as Winston and then immediately leaping over your target... off a cliff. Done that more than I want to admit...

Wuuaaaaahhhh~

Get Nano'd as Rein and then jumping the gun and accidentally tackling someone off a cliff.

Jellie

Symmetra after patch.

Wuuaaaaahhhh~
The worst but also funniest is when playing as Lucio you boop charging Reinhardt away from yourself into a teammate. Or death blossom into whole team.

Symmetra after patch.

Wuuaaaaahhhh~

Best though is when you charge a boosted rein off the cliff, but you managed to not fall off due to perfect charge distance. Pulled that off in Numbani yesterday and it was so good

Skii

Down 120 SR today. I really don't know what I can do to win those games. I had a triple stack that went Widow, Hanzo and Torb on offense and defence on Kings Row. They called me shit for not going healer over Rein. I just want to kill myself atm. Last season was never this bad.

cHinzo

I'm actually happy people are playing Symmetra, since I can pick Torbjörn without people thinking I'm trolling. :> I missed that guy on defense.

Top Bottom