• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

AbaFadi

Banned
Aimbot widow/mccree duo on moons stream lol

I want to see someone use an aimbot on winston for gigs

I was playing on PC an hour ago and pretty sure there was a Hanzo using aimbot. Everyone started complaining in chat and then all of a sudden he can't land any shots

rulerk1

played nothing but comp literally all day today and I think 2 wins was my best streak. Dropped alot of points but still in the 2100-2400. This might be my peak. Solo que is the best way to rank up

Apathy

wish arcade didnt give loot boxes, maybe then people might actually be better

man poor moon moon having to deal with this hacker

xaosslug

wish arcade didnt give loot boxes, maybe then people might actually be better

man poor moon moon having to deal with this hacker

what? Peeps take Arcade and QP super seriously, these days. It's annoying and not conducive for learning new characters anymore. -__-

reaper's shiver skin gives off blue flames in wraith form which is neato

and yeah I've said it a thousand times but as long as we're talking about it arcade loot boxes should just be games played and not games won, idc if they have to bump it up to 5 games per box

I love losing a Grandmaster rank Illos 2-0 because some dumbshit refuses to swap off Widow and made us play 5v6 while the other team ran a janky Symmetra setup

Apathy

I wish it didn't give boxes because then maybe people would stop taking it so seriously.

what? Peeps take Arcade and QP super seriously, these days. It's annoying and not conducive for learning new characters anymore. -__-

having a widow that can't snipe stand outside of the capture point as the team is dead and we just need a few seconds to respawn is indefensible. Call people elitists if you want, but basic game mechanics not being done is just idiocy at its worse.

having a widow that can't snipe stand outside of the capture point as the team is dead and we just need a few seconds to respawn is indefensible. Call people elitists if you want, but basic game mechanics not being done is just idiocy at its worse.

It's supposed to be a joke mode for fun. There's no need to take it so seriously. Who gives a shit if people are bad? How does that affect you personally? How is anyone ever going to have fun in this game if there's always someone scrutinizing every little thing they do?

I'm not a psychologist or anything, but I honestly don't think having this strong of a negative emotional response to a video game that you play for fun is healthy.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, there's a place to be tryhard in overwatch, and I'm a tryhard through and through but there should be a place also for people who don't want to be that.

Apathy

It's supposed to be a joke mode for fun. There's no need to take it so seriously. Who gives a shit if people are bad? How does that affect you personally? How is anyone ever going to have fun in this game if there's always someone scrutinizing every little thing they do?

I'm not a psychologist or anything, but I honestly don't think having this strong of a negative emotional response to a video game that you play for fun is healthy.

it affects me because it means i have to play more games with more bad people to get my boxes. I play a game to win, I put effort into it. fun is different to different people. I don't have fun if i lose anything, who possibly has fun doing that?

Managed to peak at 3770 and fall to 3725 before I quit.

I sure thought that once you got to consistent Top 500/Grandmaster matches, people would stop being fucking stupid. Nope. Widow and Symmetra mains everywhere.

KarmaCow

it affects me because it means i have to play more games with more bad people to get my boxes. I play a game to win, I put effort into it. fun is different to different people. I don't have fun if i lose anything, who possibly has fun doing that?

Well you'll need to accept that Quick Play is going to be where people experiment. You can either scream at the wall or learn to work around it.

Even in comp, I get more frustrated with the people who just give up once they see an attack sym or junkrat especially since it's impossible to lose fast on attack. It's just compounding the problem and frankly not having the ideal heroes isn't the death knell for the vast majority of games. More people need to be willing to work with what they got instead of impotently stomping around, making the game even more toxic.

Forget the boxes. You don't need them. You're expected to be having fun just playing the game. Myself and many others manage to have fun even in games that we lose. Just focus on your own play and either ignore everyone else, or just politely encourage them to try something different if their current plan isn't working out.

If you can't have fun playing the game, then maybe you should try something else entirely. Maybe another game, preferably a single-player one. You don't even have to play a game, maybe just go for a walk, or watch a movie, or whatever it is you prefer to do for fun/to relax.

Anything is better than constantly complaining about your teammates' performance in a non-competitive setting, because it doesn't help anyone, especially not yourself.

KarmaCow

almost 30 boxes, only one event skin and it's the lucio one, the laziest skin in the set. -_-

The Zarya one is worse
and still one of the better skins she has in the game

The Lucio skin is only one I've got from boxes, though I did get it three times. :(

The Zarya one is worse
and still one of the better skins she has in the game

I don't get the hate for Zarya's legendary skins. I mean, I get Industrial and Cybergoth, but the Arctic and Olympic skins are great. I honestly don't really care for her default/epic skins.

8-2 on placement, started at 1642. Welp.

How you perform is more important than how many matches you win when it comes to placement matches.

I don't get the hate for Zarya's legendary skins. I mean, I get Industrial and Cybergoth, but the Arctic and Olympic skins are great. I honestly don't really care for her default/epic skins.
Arctic skins would be alright but her eyes are small as shit.

And the Olympic skins are a decent design I suppose but they're too far detached from reality for me to want to equip.

Frosted would be my favorite of hers of the gun was blue like dawn, as it is my favorite is probably Siberia Front.

Arctic skins would be alright but her eyes are small as shit.

And the Olympic skins are a decent design I suppose but they're too far detached from reality for me to want to equip.

You can't even see her eyes anyway.

You can't see half the cast's eyes, yet people love their skins anyway.

Plus, the entire game is detached from reality.

You can't even see her eyes anyway.

You can't see half the cast's eyes, yet people love their skins anyway.

Plus, the entire game is detached from reality.
Yeah but the eyes look unproportionally small.

And still there's a difference between a witch or angel healing people and a weightlifter randomly picking up a gun and going to town in the uniform.

And for the record I know other characters have really silly skins too but those are usually comedic to the point of self-satirization (Winston Safari, Reaper El Diablo etc). The juxtaposition of a gorilla being a safari tour guide or the resident edge lord being part of a garish mariachi band is humorous. Zarya's weightlifting skins are just out of place.

Attacking King's Row. Someone gets to Symmetra before I can. 3 minutes later they put down a teleporter. A teleporter. When we're attacking the first point on King's Row. The point that's right next to us. A teleporter.

Are people only choosing Sym these days because they've heard she's good?

For fuck's sake!

Oh, and is it really asking too much for Mystery Heroes to not have hero stacking? Sick to death of being in teams that include 3 fucking Mercys.

And for the record I know other characters have really silly skins too but those are usually comedic to the point of self-satirization (Winston Safari, Reaper El Diablo etc). The juxtaposition of a gorilla being a safari tour guide or the resident edge lord being part of a garish mariachi band is humorous. Zarya's weightlifting skins are just out of place.

But Zarya is actually a weightlifter. Maybe not professionally, but still. Besides, being out of place doesn't really seem like a reasonable criteria for people not liking a skin.

Keep in mind, I'm considering the fact that I've heard a lot of people say they hate her skins, not just you.

KarmaCow

But Zarya is actually a weightlifter. Maybe not professionally, but still. Besides, being out of place doesn't really seem like a reasonable criteria for people not liking a skin.

Keep in mind, I'm considering the fact that I've heard a lot of people say they hate her skins, not just you.

You're right that the weight lifter skins are good but I never got them so they don't exist. :p

But Zarya is actually a weightlifter. Maybe not professionally, but still.

She's a professional weightlifter and bodybuilder in the lore. That was her career before joining the Russian military to fight the Omnics.

So technically, the Weightlifter Zarya skins are comparable to Young Ana/76/Reaper or Slipstream Tracer, something tied to her past.

I've been running Pharah on Numbani defense and doing extremely well with it. So many areas where the map just doesn't let Soldier get those sightlines on you while you get to force the enemy teams tanks to play very cautiously.

I love playing Zarya but literally none of her skins do anything for me. I just don't really like any of them at all and find them pretty uninteresting. I kinda like the stupidity of her Heroes of the Storm skin more than her Overwatch ones, hahaha. Hope they bring out something different for her soon.

I love playing Zarya but literally none of her skins do anything for me. I just don't really like any of them at all and find them pretty uninteresting. I kinda like the stupidity of her Heroes of the Storm skin more than her Overwatch ones, hahaha. Hope they bring out something different for her soon.

So, what I'm gathering is that this is just a random opinion that a bunch of people hold simultaneously for no real reason.

Thing is 4 tanks honestly kinda isn't that great?

3 tanks is more efficient and it gets countered by dive comps.

The thing is, it really doesn't. People keep talking about dive comps countering Triple Tank, but I have yet to see it since that single Misfits game. It just requires such a high-level of play and any number of mistakes can let the triple tank lineup dominate you. You have to negate the Roadhog, your DPS have to avoid getting picked early, and you miss out on some of the space-making ults that really let the triple tank teams make crazy pushes and defense.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
LW red (or more accurately, lw blue + nanohana) pretty much took lunatic hai running triple or quad tank to the cleaners with dive comps, but that's because they have a seriously good genji and tracer. Rogue went tank heavy and basically ate shit against the Koreans.

The iem tournament is actually way less tank heavy than mlg.

Top Bottom