• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Jellie

Down 120 SR today. I really don't know what I can do to win those games. I had a triple stack that went Widow, Hanzo and Torb on offense and defence on Kings Row. They called me shit for not going healer over Rein. I just want to kill myself atm. Last season was never this bad.

Go symmetra.

Just got matched up against a full team of Top 500 players in the brawl. The highest one was ranked #5.

It went about as well as you'd expect.

Blues1990

I'm actually happy people are playing Symmetra, since I can pick Torbjörn without people thinking I'm trolling. :> I missed that guy on defense.

He's a fun character to play as, and it annoys me that when I'm putting in work, people will whine that I'm heckling them.

When, in actuality, it's the Mei that's ice walling us.

darklin0

Banned
Why do the shields stack? lmao xD

nCikpIH.jpg

Best whiff is two Reins charging into eachother. It's a very feelgood thing compared to the other ways targeting can go wrong.
Best though is when you charge a boosted rein off the cliff, but you managed to not fall off due to perfect charge distance. Pulled that off in Numbani yesterday and it was so good

That's amazing. I hope to achieve that at least one in my life. Lofty goals, and all that.

Right now I only have the slightest handle on the charge distance, enough that I don't whiff it often. My Rein use is really bottoming out these days, actually... only one I use less is Zarya--just don't have the aim for her to shine.

Dreavus

I've been liking no limits lately for playing arcade (mostly for the lootboxes). It's basically quick play with the occasional doubling up of heroes. My go-to used to be mystery heroes but it can be so swingy that it can get a bit frustrating. If one team stays alive with a good composition they can keep the other team down with ultimates.

Kind of wish they added quick play to the "arcade" for those 3 boxes in a week. I guess they want to incentivize people to play the experimental modes.

Why do the shields stack? lmao xD

Lol, ran into this a bit today in No Limits KOTH. We would crush them the first half of the game, but when the double sym got their generators up we were screwed unless we could find them. I know no limits isn't supposed to be balanced but that could maybe be one exception!

Rein is easily my most successful char this season, and as of late even my teammates in various teams acknowledge some of the plays I pull with him. I haven't played Rein as long as many people but the level of positioning, strategy and gamesense needed is something I notice immediately and I can take advantage of.

I think I'm gonna go pure Rein at this rate.

Best whiff is two Reins charging into eachother. It's a very feelgood thing compared to the other ways targeting can go wrong.

That's amazing. I hope to achieve that at least one in my life. Lofty goals, and all that.

Right now I only have the slightest handle on the charge distance, enough that I don't whiff it often. My Rein use is really bottoming out these days, actually... only one I use less is Zarya--just don't have the aim for her to shine.

How I see it even if you die, it's a worthwhile tradeoff. Thats an ulted rein for your non-ulted rein. Rein is all about the chess mindgame, and even in chess, sacrifices may need to be made in order to win. If you have a frozen team and a dva bomb about to go off, and you're too far to shield it, charge it and hope you push it out of the way enough to save the team.

How I see it even if you die, it's a worthwhile tradeoff. Thats an ulted rein for your non-ulted rein. Rein is all about the chess mindgame, and even in chess, sacrifices may need to be made in order to win. If you have a frozen team and a dva bomb about to go off, and you're too far to shield it, charge it and hope you push it out of the way enough to save the team.

I've always wanted to nobly sacrifice myself for the greater good... but then charged D.va's bomb into the path of more allies.

(I'M SO SORRY.)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like I'm just not going to play Eichenwalde on attack anymore. Symmetra and Torbjorn completely ruin the map. I've never had where I refuse to play a map because of some cheezy strat before but this shit is terrible.

I don't mind getting my ass kicked. It happens a lot. I mind getting my ass kicked by passive armor generation and a generator that's impossible to get to and survive thats anyone but a tank.

I can't stop laughing, either I'm playing with the worlds best voice actor, or theres an actual 10-12 year old on my team.

His voice reminds me of Ike from South Park, and he's actually a really good Rein. Had him 2 games straight.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Like I'm just not going to play Eichenwalde on attack anymore. Symmetra and Torbjorn completely ruin the map. I've never had where I refuse to play a map because of some cheezy strat before but this shit is terrible.

I don't mind getting my ass kicked. It happens a lot. I mind getting my ass kicked by passive armor generation and a generator that's impossible to get to and survive thats anyone but a tank.
The whole defense character buffs/meta has made the game into some kind of irritating trench warfare braindead bullshit.

cyborg009

Banned
Damn people are fucking toxic in diamond worst than platinum and even gold..

Some guy raged at me playing symmetra (note: I haven't lost a match with her yet). We were playing on hollywood and we lost the point within the first 30 secs... Our Reinhardt got taken down within the first 10 seconds... Gets mad I don't have shield generator up.... You can even hear him banging on stuff in his house.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The whole defense character buffs/meta has made the game into some kind of irritating trench warfare braindead bullshit.

The last two patches have been awful to me. The dva/soldier buffs already made the game annoying and the Symmetra rework basically has been a load of buffs alongside her new abilities, and her ult feels half assed and barely tested.

Winston is viable in comp fuck all you guys

I use Winston all the time, and I get complimented all the time. If the enemy team doesnt have Roadhog and has lots of squishies or non mobiles he can rip them to shreds. Also he says "Fuck you" to hardcore stallers like Lucio and D.va and Mei on payloads.

My favorite thing to do is just wait for my team to engage on the front, leap behind the team and focus the healers, either I kill them, or everyone drops focus to aim at me and die to the team.

Gaz_RB

I use Winston all the time, and I get complimented all the time. If the enemy team doesnt have Roadhog and has lots of squishies or non mobiles he can rip them to shreds. Also he says "Fuck you" to hardcore stallers like Lucio and D.va and Mei on payloads.

My favorite thing to do is just wait for my team to engage on the front, leap behind the team and focus the healers, either I kill them, or everyone drops focus to aim at me and die to the team.

My man. They've got no faith.

Chance

XlcI7j6.gif

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Yeah I love using Winston. Though I get people being skeptical since if the other team is spamming tanks he doesn't line up well against them, I find that I usually end up having to swap off quickly after seeing their comp. But if it works it really works.

rulerk1

this dude in comp had 19 hours as Widowmaker but rarely made a kill on Kings Row. Her preferred weapon was the machine gun. They spammed thanks after we lost lol.

I logged into OVERSUMO for the first time tonight. It says I'm a Diamond Ana, Master Soldier and Grandmaster Zarya this season in comp.

My actual SR is ~2900.

-_-

Just got 22 environmental kills on Lijang. Someone from the other team sent me a message calling me a "Sneaky lil n-word"

Not sure if should feel offended or complimented

Apathy

that map specifically shows why she needs cooldowns on her turrets and why a passive shield generator that never ends is so bad

Apathy

lol last seconds of a match i get rein as my random hero, i make it to the payload and my first instinct is to just put on my shield but there is an annoying reaper around, so i just hold down left click and start swinging. we win. play of the game is me with that last little bit where i swung around and killed 4 people

I've only seen the Torb/Sym combo once, but no one even tried to destroy her shield generator even though it wasn't very well hidden. I aint doing it at Lucio

One of my favorite things in the game is going on suicide charges behind enemy lines with Reinhardt.

Especially on king of the hill I can totally disrupt the defense. Pull two of their attacker to turn their backs on my teammates and shoot at my shield for no reason. Then your teammates wipe them up while I hold the shield, or they forget about me and I come from behind and pin one.

Offensive rein is a ton of fun.

Top Bottom