• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

komaruR

Yesterday was not a good day for me ranked wise.

Started at 2590, ended up at 2545.

I think I won like 2 matches last night out of 6.

Kind of a bummer, but I really didn't lose much SR since I was playing my heart out.

I think the point at which I called it a night was when I was playing S76, and the other team's Pharah with a pocket Mercy was too smart to ever let me find her. So I pick off other enemies but of course whenever she gets a kill and hides again the all chat is "WHY CAN'T SOLDIER KILL PHARAH?"

They tell me to switch off so I do, then someone else takes S76, proceeds to get zero kills for half the round and then switches to Genji.

Still had gold elims as a Lucio by the end of that match. I gave up.

Everyone else's Roadhog> Hook, one shot kill
My Roadhog > Hook, pea-sized sliver of health done as damage, target escapes

man, I've been on both the soldier and roadhog shoes.
One thing I do notice for soldier vs pharah is, you need a zen to discord pharah or she still have enough time to flee (unless its a dumb pharah). And depending on the map, pharah gets alot of high ground/obstacle for fleeing. Pocket healed Pharah is the worse to fight against too. Though there is a disadvantage for Pharmercy combo, they waste 2 contesting slots. So if you're team is beefy tanks, ignore pharmercy and head for the obj. Pharmercy is a liability if they can't kill effectively too.

As for roadhog, smh :( I already que'd my shot and ready to land a melee after but sometime people can still survive and get away if they got those flee abilities. Usually any1 will low hp, I can kill with a hook shot melee combo but anyone with full hp, its a like a good 30% chance they can get away. Really weird for me.

Kito

I would love to pocket a Pharah to see what all this Pharmercy talk is all about, but every group I'm in seems to think one healer is enough.

If I see a Pharah pick, and notice from their career profile they main Pharah, I instalock Mercy and pocket them the whole match whilst ignoring anyone else's "need healing". I win those matches.

Mupod

Is it possible to get dupes of event legendaries? If so, how much G do you get? I'm assuming they aren't generous enough to give you 50% of the actual cost...

zoukka

If I see a Pharah pick, and notice from their career profile they main Pharah, I instalock Mercy and pocket them the whole match whilst ignoring anyone else's "need healing". I win those matches.

No you don't.

Is it possible to get dupes of event legendaries? If so, how much G do you get? I'm assuming they aren't generous enough to give you 50% of the actual cost...

You get the same shitty amount than from normal stuff.

I played the Mei thing last night for the first time and I dig it. Haven't really played in over a month, so it was a good refresher.

I ended up getting the spray for killing 4 people without missing and winning without losing a round. I didn't know there were sprays, so it was a nice little bonus. Catching them while reloading shouldn't be too bad if you bait someone out, while actively playing to get that spray.

Then I got into a game with some GAFfers so that was fun. I need to place this season before it ends but grinding out boxes is taking priority right now. On a shit streak with those.

Pretty much lost all weekend, my SR has dropped from 2200 to 1800. :(

Really tried of this shit, almost at the point of being done with it but the event is making me want to continue.

Nimby

Banned
She wasn't unplayable before?

Sorry if you need her to be untouchable to be playable before. Her main issue before was that she didn't have a purpose after the first point. Not 'unplayable'

Reverting the range makes no sense since one of the main reasons she was reworked was to make her feel less clunky and more accessible to people who initially wrote her off as a boring/useless hero.

I think range should stay but damage should be adjusted if absolutely needed. 5m range made it so she could be stopped way too easily, and a slight breeze would knock her out of lock on range where she would be killed. Tbh, I think people are overreacting. Her start up damage is pretty poor, she can't run at you and kill you unless you are Mercy or something, killing supports is what her weapon feels suited for, and if Ana sleeps her she is dead like most characters. She can't kill tanks apart from Zarya, unless they're bad. If she's locked onto someone, shoot at her. She is literally defenseless from any side she isn't looking at especially if she is just running around the point zapping your teammates.

If Symmetra is just being a DPS, she should be punished. You want to play her very passively and safe especially while building your shield generator, throwing orbs behind your Reinhardt shield. Symmetra is very susceptible to dives, if you a Winston+Tracer at her I don't see how she can survive that with an uncoordinated team. Zenyatta is good against shield gen, Sombra could be too in the near future, D.Va is good for stopping her from building her ult. Pharah will almost always be out her range for you to chuck rockets at her.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
rip pharmercy
9-2.png

^ Yeah, couldn't tell if that was him being sad while looking at the happy family, or if he was about to ult and "Die, die, die" all over the place.

Nimby

Banned
Genji and Mercy is the thing. You can see Genji writing a letter with Zenyatta, and Mercy reading a letter given to her with the same feather...

Wait, holding down left click?
Someone explain what the roadhog hook combo should be. I feel like I'm pretty good at getting hooks and not always so great in the followup.

right click > hook while holding left click > left click goes off > melee

that's your staple hog play

Genji and Mercy is the thing. You can see Genji writing a letter with Zenyatta, and Mercy reading a letter given to her with the same feather...

She made that ass, she'll tear it up.

The comic was super sweet. Also reminds me that this will be a lonely Christmas lol. Thanks Overwatch, take my SR and give me feels.

Top Bottom