• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Holy shit overwatch twitter confirms theyre all TORBJORNS kids

200.gif

KiraFA37

I think this is the first overwatch comic/short in which Symmetra appears, she's on the front page of the architecture magazine on the table in Tracers appartment.

AngryMoth

The chat system in this game confuses me sometimes. Tried turning group chat off and team chat on so I wouldn't have to switch at the start of every match but then my brother couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear the team cos apparently there was some little kid on a mic too. Tried switching team chat to auto-join now but not sure if it's working either

Sande

I had 2 really close 1v1s with this guy. That mode has a nasty tendency for one-sided stomps so it was great to face someone who is on an equal footing. I just barely managed to squeeze out a win in both matches.

What does he do when we're matched up for the third time? Rage quits. What are you even doing in 1v1 if you're not looking for good duels?

KHlover

Banned
Fuck the 3 tank meta. Fuck people in gold trying to play a meta. All it ends up being is a severe lack of DPS. 2 draws in 3 matches. Fuck gold so hard.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
The constant stomping is why I don't do 1v1s anymore. I've never won a single game. It's just no fun to get stomped all day and then trash talked on top of it. I'd rather do competitive or quick play. Fuck the boxes.
I kind of like it actually. Rating your performance per life is a pretty good way to measure it.
Oh, it's per life? Huh.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Fuck the 3 tank meta. Fuck people in gold trying to play a meta. All it ends up being is a severe lack of DPS. 2 draws in 3 matches. Fuck gold so hard.

I barely see the 3 tank meta here in gold.

When i do see it they are either running the wrong tanks or the wrong healers.

Which suits me fine. They're the easiest matches for me to win.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I barely see the 3 tank meta here in gold.

When i do see it they are either running the wrong tanks or the wrong healers.

Which suits me fine. They're the easiest matches for me to win.
I see it sometimes, or people calling for the group to do it. As mentioned, it usually results in a lack of DPS because people don't realize they can't fight as well as pro gamers. Then you either slowly lose due to the lack of DPS or you lose really fast because the Ana either isn't good enough or got killed by flankers. Or Ana is solo healing because fuck two healers.

I'm usually on the team where people are trying to play meta comps instead of fighting the ones doing meta comps. :(

Just played Symm on defense on Volskaya and some dude on my team was like "Symm is useless" (plat or diamond, idk)

they still exist, pray for them

needless to say the enemy did not take the second point

Fancolors

I said this before and I'll say it again, we need casual clothes. That Hanzo gives me life.

I also think Sombra's appearance is not a coincidence, she probably will hire McCree for a job or something.

BigDug13

I see it sometimes, or people calling for the group to do it. As mentioned, it usually results in a lack of DPS because people don't realize they can't fight as well as pro gamers. Then you either slowly lose due to the lack of DPS or you lose really fast because the Ana either isn't good enough or got killed by flankers. Or Ana is solo healing because fuck two healers.

I'm usually on the team where people are trying to play meta comps instead of fighting the ones doing meta comps. :(

I'd rather see teams attempting the meta comps than hanzo, widow, one support, roadhog, sombra, and DVA.

Hes still wrong but I almost get Torbjorns hate of omnics now. With 8 kids and a wife the fear must be super real that just one rogue omnic could destroy someone he loves. Its an understandable fear in the sense of PTSD. While analogous to racism its not quite the same since Omnics DID actually slaughter billions.

I love Omnics and they shouldn't be blamed for being forcibly controlled like that but it still paints Torb in a more sympathetic light.

IceMarker

Day 97, I fear for my mental health, things are getting quite out of hand now, the D.va nerf still hasn't been passed, and I can only fear more games will end solely on her bullshit.

So you're saying that torb is that white dad who doesn't like to see his daughter with a black boyfriend.

No? Thats the same shitty analogy Deus Ex Mankind Divided tried to make. Racism is ridiculous because theres zero proof any race is more dangerous than others. In the case of Deus Ex's augs - and OW's omnics - there was an actual global event involving them butchering massive numbers of people.

Its not like hating a black person. It wasn't the majority of omnics fault and Torbjorn is wrong to be bigoted but the fact a second Omnic Crisis is starting up does point out that omnics can be controlled and turned hostile again.

Its more like someone hating the Geth in Mass Effect. Closeminded but ultimately at least somewhat understandable

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like how in the middle of Christmas where everyone's trying to be cheerful Zarya still has to push her bigot omnic shit 'new omnic attacks. my toaster burned me. BURN THE METAL PEOPLE!'

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
No? Thats the same shitty analogy Deus Ex Mankind Divided tried to make. Racism is ridiculous because theres zero proof any race is more dangerous than others. In the case of Deus Ex's augs - and OW's omnics - there was an actual global event involving them butchering massive numbers of people.

Its not like hating a black person. It wasn't the majority of omnics fault and Torbjorn is wrong to be bigoted but the fact a second Omnic Crisis is starting up does point out that omnics can be controlled and turned hostile again.

Its more like someone hating the Geth in Mass Effect. Closeminded but ultimately at least somewhat understandable

Mmm, fair enough I guess.
Still fuck torb though.

Also what the letter actually says.

After 20 Christmas Crates with getting no skins I finally got some today. Pharra and Mei. Really want Winstons and Nut Cracker guy, whose name I can't remember.

We're just doing QP right now. We've had enough salt in Arcade for one night.

Meant to say this last night before I went to bed, but I wanted to apologize to all the GAFers I was playing the Winter Mystery mode with last night - I don't know what it is about that mode that gets me annoyed so much but I get tilted so easily when playing it. I get more upset than I do when I'm playing comp! I think it's a mixture of the loot box rewards and the fact that the games are either a steamroll or a complete stall. It never feels like a "good" game to me, like "oh we were evenly matched, it was a good loss." It's always "the game gave us three Anas and two Lucios, and gave them three Zaryas and two D.Vas. Welp."

I do have fun playing it when I can divorce myself from the idea of winning and the fact that it's supposed to be a joke mode, like when I nanoboosted our Mercy and she dueled a molten core Torb (and won!) but when you get into the cycle of run in, die immediately to an ult, switch to new character, run in, die immediately to another ult, and it's impossible to build any momentum unless the game lets you....bleh.

Anyway, just wanted to say sorry to the GAFers if I got a little too PO'd!

LiK

Meant to say this last night before I went to bed, but I wanted to apologize to all the GAFers I was playing the Winter Mystery mode with last night - I don't know what it is about that mode that gets me annoyed so much but I get tilted so easily when playing it. I get more upset than I do when I'm playing comp! I think it's a mixture of the loot box rewards and the fact that the games are either a steamroll or a complete stall. It never feels like a "good" game to me, like "oh we were evenly matched, it was a good loss." It's always "the game gave us three Anas and two Lucios, and gave them three Zaryas and two D.Vas. Welp."

I do have fun playing it when I can divorce myself from the fact that it's supposed to be a joke mode, like when I nanoboosted our Mercy and she dueled a molten core Torb (and won!) but when you get into the cycle of run in, die immediately to an ult, switch to new character, run in, die immediately to another ult, and it's impossible to build any momentum unless the game lets you.

Anyway, just wanted to say sorry to the GAFers if I got a little too PO'd!

You were a bit incendiary.

DOWN

Banned
So lots of us want them to bring us something beyond comics to give us significant Overwatch story info. Would we be open to a 5 hour paid campaign episode for $15 that? Or would we rather have like a substantial CGI web series to fill us in?

Idk I feel like I want more story and Overwatch atmosphere added into the game somehow?

Top Bottom