• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

omgkitty

So it is not just me, I got 3 wins on random 6v6 out of over 12 games, I was furious. Bad lotto picks, defending the last point on kings row, almost there and all of a sudden we have 3 Zenyettas, a mercy and an Anna. Had a game where it was searching for a 6th member for our team the whole game.

It would be better if the game at least tried to keep a good team comp when switching you. I remember my team having 3 Ana's at one point in a match. It's just not fun, and it probably wouldn't take much for Blizzard to fix it.

The game also needs an all D.Va mode, if only because that would dumbest thing in the world and I wan't to see it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Arcade as a whole has been my absolutely most disappointing feature in Overwatch. Total Mayhem is the closest they've ever come to it being the mode that I want.

When I think of something like Arcade mode, it should be stuff like TF2's community mods like x10 modes and randomizer. Not 'uhhh you only play assault heroes' 'uh you cant switch heroes' 'uh you keep stayign the same heroes' Like 'Torbjorn can put down 2 turrets' or something even as simple as that.

LiK

I'm disappointed they didn't come up with a PVE mode like in Halloween. Mei's Snowball Offensive is actually pretty dull.

I'm disappointed they didn't come up with a PVE mode like in Halloween. Mei's Snowball Offensive is actually pretty dull.

They probably had Snowball Offensive planned and mostly worked out long before the event, and remember that Junkenstein was a way for them to gauge how people liked PVE content, so it's gonna take a while until something comparable will come back.

KHlover

Banned
People on PC are very toxic compared to console lol. Like literally someone always have to find someone to blame for a loss even though they played terribly themselves. Almost every game I have gold damage and elims as D.Va when we're running two DPS. If anything they should consider maybe it's their fault.

Considering that spraying someone 20m away to deal 10% damage also counts towards the elimination you're supposed to have gold dmg and elims as D.Va. In defense (maybe also payload) Objective time and kills, too. D.Va is a medal farming machine.

omgkitty

Only good thing is matches only take a few minutes, so I can blast through a bunch of rounds to get my loot boxes quickly.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No Limits right now is an actual coin flip if you win. Got attack? You lose. Got defense? Get your torbs and symmetras. You win.

because lol passive gameplay

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Mixed day today. Reached platinum but my god the quality of matches seems to take a dive. Probably a way for mm to bring me down a peg or two because i did get there through a win streak. Still stated above 2500 at the end so yay.

Also the mm thought i was having too much fun and decided to throw a whole bunch of volkskaya my way. I never want to see that map again.

No Limits right now is an actual coin flip if you win. Got attack? You lose. Got defense? Get your torbs and symmetras. You win.

because lol passive gameplay

Meanwhile in comp i wish syms would switch off once they reached a point where their stuff stopped working. So many stubborn sym mains.

I need to climb back to platinum but it hurts. For those who are in high gold do you use voice comms? I find a lot of people don't and it might be why the matches suck a lot of the time. Just wondered if anyone in late gold finds using voice comms is a common thing.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Is voice comms any good in gold? I'd hop in to at least listen, but considering how bad the people are in party chat, I'm not sure how much voice chat would be useful stuff as opposed to people just screaming at each other.

Arcade as a whole has been my absolutely most disappointing feature in Overwatch. Total Mayhem is the closest they've ever come to it being the mode that I want.

When I think of something like Arcade mode, it should be stuff like TF2's community mods like x10 modes and randomizer. Not 'uhhh you only play assault heroes' 'uh you cant switch heroes' 'uh you keep stayign the same heroes' Like 'Torbjorn can put down 2 turrets' or something even as simple as that.
I agree even though I think Total Mayhem is garbage. I'd like more things that actually change how the game plays.

That being said I think my favorite brawl is Super Shimada Bros.

I need to climb back to platinum but it hurts. For those who are in high gold do you use voice comms? I find a lot of people don't and it might be why the matches suck a lot of the time. Just wondered if anyone in late gold finds using voice comms is a common thing.
I do but since Blizzard still has fucking group chat it's not as useful as it should be. The day Blizzard disables group chat in comp is the day I cry tears of joy (it'll never happen).
Is voice comms any good in gold? I'd hop in to at least listen, but considering how bad the people are in party chat, I'm not sure how much voice chat would be useful stuff as opposed to people just screaming at each other.
Yes yes yes. Hop in to listen at least, I haven't found the community very toxic at all on PS4. If you have a mic using it for callouts and stuff is a huge help.

Bread

Banned
i just love being a pain in the ass with tracer. i swear i had this team shooting at their own teammates they had no idea what was going on. both clips from one game where i basically took the two points on anubis by myself.
quad kill 1
quad kill 2

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
legit sick of widowmaker on my team every single round, never getting ults, never stepping foot on the point never switching off

NimbusD

After a month or so break from the game, first two placement matches are me being the random solo w a five stack. Both five stacks are absolutely horrible. I almost helped us tie a game, was symmentra and had a shield generator up to help us out. Then a roadhog just waltzes though out front line and right to the back and takes it out. No one even shot at him (I tried for sure, hard to do alone).How I've missed overwatch.

I like arcade 3v3. It's fast, like 6-10 minutes tops. Easy way to ploughing through the boxes.
I don't because it seems if you solo q you still get matched up with premades and every comp is largely the same. My favorite playlist currently going is winter mystery.

Mupod

Level 500+ with golden weapons everywhere. Goddamn, lots of good stuff came out in 2016, how can people only play one thing forever. I'm the lowest level person in almost every match and I'm 125.

I like arcade 3v3. It's fast, like 6-10 minutes tops. Easy way to ploughing through the boxes.

yeah but it's super imbalanced. I'm lucky when solo because most of my best heroes dominate in there, but it sucks when with friends because they prefer characters that are absolutely useless in that mode.

AbaFadi

Banned
Considering that spraying someone 20m away to deal 10% damage also counts towards the elimination you're supposed to have gold dmg and elims as D.Va. In defense (maybe also payload) Objective time and kills, too. D.Va is a medal farming machine.

When I play with good DPS at grandmaster level on ps4 I never have gold medals though.

Prelude.

I've already stopped getting 50+ points per win and I didn't even make it out of gold yet because I can't win 2 matches in a row for the life of me. This is gonna be a long season.
What's that? Something bad happened? Fuck you team, let's throw.

KarmaCow

I've already stopped getting 50+ points per win and I didn't even make it out of gold yet because I can't win 2 matches in a row for the life of me. This is gonna be a long season.
What's that? Something bad happened? Fuck you team, let's throw.

The bad news is that this still happened to me on my road to Master.

The bad news is that this still happened to me on my road to Master.

It happens no matter what tier you're in.

Same for mic / communications.

In Plat maybe one game out of 10 will have meaningful chat where people coordinate.

The rest of the time it's passive aggressive coaching, memes, or casual conversation while they just happen to be playing.

legit sick of widowmaker on my team every single round, never getting ults, never stepping foot on the point never switching off
I haven't really seen a bad Widowmaker in competitive though.
People know to avoid her, but when someone usually picks her, he's decent legit.

Quickplay I don't care, since it's quickplay. Go wild.

LiK

Doesn't matter what tier you're at. Assholes will be assholes on mic. It's just the higher tier you go, the more bossy they become.

rulerk1

this Rein criticize our Zen for a bad ult. The Zen then told him to enjoy his day and promptly left. This game was after the one that I also had a leaver with. I have the worst luck lol

Edit: now im in a room where everyone is below 100 with three below level 40 against a bunch a prestiged plats. This matcmaking makes no sense lol

Danj

First ever Tracer potg!

MuXR88x.jpg

Xater

It happens no matter what tier you're in.

Same for mic / communications.

In Plat maybe one game out of 10 will have meaningful chat where people coordinate.

The rest of the time it's passive aggressive coaching, memes, or casual conversation while they just happen to be playing.

The More You Know: Just because you are good at a game doesn't mean you still can't be an asshole.

Nimby

Banned
stevo is a top 500 Symmetra main, that can't even play her good.

Dude keeps getting picked off when he has no reason to. Running Sym on Anubis defense should be good, but he got picked 10 seconds into the match on Moons stream to which the enemies instantly took the point. Also LUL still using teleporter? Dude has to be a troll.

AbaFadi

Banned

Dude keeps getting picked off when he has no reason to. Running Sym on Anubis defense should be good, but he got picked 10 seconds into the match on Moons stream to which the enemies instantly took the point. Also LUL still using teleporter? Dude has to be a troll.

I don't play symmetra at all, but wouldn't the teleporter still be good in some instances? Like what if half the team is down and symmetra gets ult? Wouldn't it be better to get people back as fast as possible on first point?

this Rein criticize our Zen for a bad ult. The Zen then told him to enjoy his day and promptly left. This game was after the one that I also had a leaver with. I have the worst luck lol

Lmao. I've thought about leaving matches under those circumstances, but usually I just mute chat after telling people "I'm tilting hard now so I'm going to mute chat and just use chat wheel." So I can focus more on playing.

The More You Know: Just because you are good at a game doesn't mean you still can't be an asshole.

True, I just find it funny how people think being passive aggressive about stuff is better.

"Maybe we don't want three supports?"

"Then which one of us do you want to switch?"

"I DUNNOW, JUST SAYING IT'S NOT META."

Smh. Like if you're gonna backseat coach have the balls to actually coach.

Or don't and just call out pokes, flanks, low health, ults, etc.

Winter Mystery and 1v1 are awesome. I like going to 1v1 every once in a while just for the feeling of knowing that this is the one game mode where no stupid team mates can bring you down, lol. Some of the 1v1's are a bit silly, but McCree, Genji, Widowmaker, Hanzo and a few more are pretty intense if you meet someone with a bit of skill, especially as they can't self-heal.

caesar

Banned

It just boggles the mind how hes top 500.

Top Bottom