• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Sec0nd

Really funny to see that the power of Symmetra is still not fulling clear for many people. Pretty often people still freak out when I pick Symmetra. But they'll shut up quick enough when the turrets are doing their work and the shield generator is up.

antitrop

Looks like they're gonna be changing the Communication Wheel, to allow more customization and shit. You'll be able to select from 4 voice lines and 4 emotes, instead of just having the 1, I guess. You'll also be able to choose from 4 sprays, instead of just 1.

They're also adding some kind of obvious button to more strongly encourage groups to join Team Chat instead of staying in Group Chat.

Looks like they're gonna be changing the Communication Wheel, to allow more customization and shit. You'll be able to select from 4 voice lines and 4 emotes, instead of just having the 1, I guess. You'll also be able to choose from 4 sprays, instead of just 1.

They're also adding some kind of obvious button to more strongly encourage groups to join Team Chat instead of staying in Group Chat.
Megaton? Hope they add a message to warn of flankers?

Grisby

Nice. I could use some more options.

rulerk1

hopefully one of those is attack/defend the objective and look behind you. Cause the former is definitely needed

Blues1990

Also they're adding a server browser for custom games.

Where did you hear all this? I'm generally curious, as I want to have all of these features.

antitrop

what does that mean? Will it be like every fps games had in the old days?

Yeah, I think of it similar to the way StarCraft: Brood War handled "Use Map Settings" game types. Just a list of all these semi-full lobbies with weird custom rules and shit.

Timestamp for the way Jeff describes the custom game browser: https://youtu.be/mxlhFslsbu0?t=576

Right now the only way to get custom games going to is to specifically invite people, so it's kinda useless to most people.

Ken

Anyone have pro Ana tips. Just started playing her.

I already got the "nanoboost Lucio jumping in front of me" part down.

antitrop

Anyone have pro Ana tips. Just started playing her.

I already got the "nanoboost Lucio jumping in front of me" part down.
Don't play her like a bad Widowmaker. She deals damage, but man, your team needs healing!

DPS Ana is the lamest thing. If you want to heal and deal DPS, play Zen. Get picks with her when it's opportune, but she is the primary healer of the team. Excessively shooting at enemies may cause you to need to reload when your team actually needs the healing.

Everyone has seen that Ana that just sits in one spot scoped in on the enemy team while all her Tanks are at Critical. Don't be that Ana.

mollipen

Suuuuuper happy for the 4 emotes + 4 voice lines + 4 sprays thing. Makes all those things not only way more useful, but also encourages you to be excited for unlocking new stuff again after you snag that one top choice you were really wanting.

Blues1990

Suuuuuper happy for the 4 emotes + 4 voice lines + 4 sprays thing. Makes all those things not only way more useful, but also encourages you to be excited for unlocking new stuff again after you snag that one top choice you were really wanting.

I'm definitely going to unlock all the sitting emotes and equip them to every character.

Skii

Jesus, there is no stopping a Nano Boosted Genji, regardless of the sleepdart.

Yeah, one sword swing is 180 damage and dash is 75 damage. You can basically finish anything that isn't a tank with that at full health (until Symmetra came in and ruined everything).

Dunno how that Ana didn't manage to grenade you until after you deflected. That deflect was really nice though.

Yeah she was slow with the combo. I initially thought it was your grenade lol.

antitrop

I'm definitely going to unlock all the sitting emotes and equip them to every character.

I don't know how I even enjoyed playing Overwatch when there was a time where I couldn't do a Sitting emote and then spam my voice line over and over again, while waiting for the match to start.

I love when you get like 4 or 5 people to sit next to each other and all spam "Hello".

KHlover

Banned
tFjSZAa.jpg

Competitive is such a rollercoaster. You get shit matches and right afterwards something like this...argh. Give me that 108 SP I need for Platin :S

Jellie

Yeah, one sword swing is 180 damage and dash is 75 damage. You can basically finish anything that isn't a tank with that at full health (until Symmetra came in and ruined everything).

Yeah she was slow with the combo. I initially thought it was your grenade lol.
Nah I was on the payload snipe healing you.

Trey

I win rather regularly in 3v3 and msytery heroes so I'm fond of arcade at the moment. 3v3 is pretty dope because it goes quickly enough.

Nimby

Banned
Junk probably needs a second ult.

Or just replace it completely. Because riptire is the worst ult in the game.

It actually is an inferior D.Va ult. D.Va ult causes way more panic because it's indestructible and actually can get kills. Low HP means Soldier can now just spray it and destroy most of the time on console. On PC, it definitely is the most worthless ult in the game and usually accomplishes nothing.

Junkrat has lots of issues though.

EDIT: Actually yeah, Widow has the worst ult. But he is second.

KHlover

Banned
It actually is an inferior D.Va ult. D.Va ult causes way more panic because it's indestructible and actually can get kills. Low HP means Soldier can now just spray it and destroy most of the time on console. On PC, it definitely is the most worthless ult in the game and usually accomplishes nothing.

You need to compensate for the shitty...everything by good routing. Some of the stuff I've seen Junkrats pull off in the killcam is pretty amazing.

Veelk

Banned

If Symmetra's generators can have Tank amounts of HP as shield, there is no reason Junkrat's shouldn't be similar. Strike a balance between it being an actual threat and also killable. As is, Hanzo is usually the best to deal with that. As long as you have an idea of where it's coming from, one arrow puts it down good.

Nimby

Banned
Graviton doesn't stop people from shooting it though. And it's small radius makes it so an Earthshatter or Blizzard has to catch everyone close together, when smart players typically scatter when Blizzard is thrown or when a Rein is about to Earthshatter. D.Va ult is way better for those situations all around.

antitrop

All of Mercy's voice lines suck, except for "Piece of Cake", and I was playing the PS4 version during the summer, so I don't have that on my PC account. :(

Nimby

Banned
You need to compensate for the shitty...everything by good routing.

That's overestimating it quite a bit. Sometimes there just isn't cover, or even if you're controlling that thing eradically, a whole team vs. a riptire in a graviton surge shouldn't be able to wipe a team.

It's different if say, Junk is close enough to just drop it from a ledge or something. That would require him to play aggressively in most situations where he just isn't meant to.

I mean, you could say it's main use is to just get 1-2 picks, go for a Lucio etc. But I don't think Blizzard actually intended for it to be used that way, and it would still be pretty weak when it effectively accomplishes what a Roadhog/sniper (basically a better hero) could do without an ultimate.

ohkay

That's overestimating it quite a bit. Sometimes there just isn't cover, or even if you're controlling that thing eradically, a whole team vs. a riptire in a graviton surge shouldn't be able to wipe a team.

It's different if say, Junk is close enough to just drop it from a ledge or something. That would require him to play aggressively in most situations where he just isn't meant to.

I mean, you could say it's main use is to just get 1-2 picks, go for a Lucio etc. But I don't think Blizzard actually intended for it to be used that way, and it would still be pretty weak when it effectively accomplishes what a Roadhog/sniper (basically a better hero) could do without an ultimate.
His ult charges pretty fast, so I can't see them makin it something as high impact as other ults

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
all the widows in qp have just broken me

i'm just exclusively playing torb now. no heals? torb. no tank? torb. koth? torb attack? torb.

cyborg009

Banned
Really funny to see that the power of Symmetra is still not fulling clear for many people. Pretty often people still freak out when I pick Symmetra. But they'll shut up quick enough when the turrets are doing their work and the shield generator is up.

Are you running her on attack?

Top Bottom