• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

People will just use Discord. That wont stop anything.

Doesn't matter, if people want to use discord or vent (is that even still around) or steam chat or even blizzard's chat obviously let them, it's just annoying as hell that blizzard has a thing inside their own game that makes communication harder than it already is. Group chat should be disabled in comp and auto-join team chat should be enabled by default.

Plus I'm on ps4 so the only alternative is psn party chat.

meshwork

People will just use Discord. That wont stop anything.

To be fair, people already use Discord/Teamspeak when grouping up, but at least without the game defaulting to group chat those same people would automatically be joining team chat when the game starts. This would mean that they would be able to hear calls made out by other people, even if they wouldn't be likely to talk themselves. That would most definitely be an improvement.

Anne

Think I'm gonna take it easy on Overwatch and practice my fighting games for a bit. The whole Ana + Tank thing in comp ladder is becoming a real downer. If it's not that it's either Sym/Torb defense or just griefing. Every now and then a team will try and run dive, but it's pretty hard to do in that environment against all this other shit.

Hopefully things change pretty quickly, but atm this isn't the game I'm wanting to play most of the time. I have 100% faith it will be fixed at some point and I'm not like done by any means, but I'ma just take it easy and wait for that patch to be a real thing.

Edit: I don't expect them to change all that fast though. It's the holidays and the major events they probably can draw data from all just happened. Still, I got more things I'd rather do for the next couple weeks.

komaruR

Think I'm gonna take it easy on Overwatch and practice my fighting games for a bit. The whole Ana + Tank thing in comp ladder is becoming a real downer. If it's not that it's either Sym/Torb defense or just griefing. Every now and then a team will try and run dive, but it's pretty hard to do in that environment against all this other shit.

Hopefully things change pretty quickly, but atm this isn't the game I'm wanting to play most of the time. I have 100% faith it will be fixed at some point and I'm not like done by any means, but I'ma just take it easy and wait for that patch to be a real thing.

Edit: I don't expect them to change all that fast though. It's the holidays and the major events they probably can draw data from all just happened. Still, I got more things I'd rather do for the next couple weeks.

take it easy. I feel the same for this patch too but for solider buff instead. Solider is too boring to play (too generic point, shoot, track etc) but then its too good to pass up on if you want the W.
Prepatch I use to run Hanzo (really fun to get those tree trunk hs and sonic/scatter arrow baiting) with my friends and still get W's but the tank meta and soldier buff really hurt his ability to shine. If i don't use soldier with my friends its almost always a lost for us. :( There's more too it that just me not using soldier but those are outta my hands when friends are kinda stubborn on their hero picks too or not so good with certain heros. In short, soldier is my current goto hero to pick up slacks from my team. Don't feel the urge to play compare to when I play hanzo majorly.

Nothing worst than putting in a really good performance (38-3 with D. Va on Hollywood) and still losing because the enemy team goes triple tank while your team stays 2-2-2

Grisby

Yep. Right-click, right-click, right-click, Q on the Bastion at the back, E to rewind to the stairs (Hanamura point B).
Nice. Her big pulse bomb kills are one of the most satisfying things in the game to me. Along with hitting multiple people with Rein's hammer and managing to pull off headshots kill several people during Mei's Blizzard.

it's weird that they're doing all this updating to emotes yet you still can't cancel them

Edit: holy shit he's talking about my main gripe with the game, blegh it's a start I guess

Skii

Nothing worst than putting in a really good performance (38-3 with D. Va on Hollywood) and still losing because the enemy team goes triple tank while your team stays 2-2-2

I feel like you should be able to deal with triple tank as 2/2/2 as long as you're using Reinhardt and Dva to counter hooks. It's really stupid though that your tank choices basically revolve around how to deal with Roadhog now because of how broken he is in this meta.

This really is the most boring and frustrating overwatch has been. And I genuinely believe the people at Blizzard thinks they're doing great work at balancing heroes because they managed to overpower all the "bad" heroes without actually testing them.

AngryMoth

My team almost clears Eichenwalde on attack. For defence nobody select a healer. When we spawn I am reluctantly switching to from Sym to Ana and just as I do one of our Reinhardt quits; swear to god he did it because he thought he wouldn't have gotten healing.

And that's how I deranked to gold. Fuck this game, Blizzard you should increase the leaver penalty to 24 hours if they don't reconnect.

Kenai

I hate dupes on loot boxes in this game so much. If it's a 3k skin I should get more than 200 CP for it. Not even 1/10th of the cost is bull :mad:

KHlover

Banned
Aaaargh, I can't take this Win->Lose->Win->Lose->Win->Lose anymore.

What do all wins have in common? 2-2-2
Fuck the tank meta

My team almost clears Eichenwalde on attack. For defence nobody select a healer. When we spawn I am reluctantly switching to from Sym to Ana and just as I do one of our Reinhardt quits; swear to god he did it because he thought he wouldn't have gotten healing.

And that's how I deranked to gold. Fuck this game, Blizzard you should increase the leaver penalty to 24 hours if they don't reconnect.

Wait, did they change how that works in this season? In S2 you couldn't derank from Plat to Gold

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I actually do wonder when blizzard will do their next big balance change.

and how much of a nerf bat they will hit ana with.

Because she needed to be nerfed like yesterday.

Hopefully not too much though, because I love playing as ana.

antitrop

Jeez, it's so easy to dominate with Hanzo in Mystery Heroes.

So many squishies, it's like every time Scatter Arrow comes off cooldown it's another guaranteed kill.

Kysen

The matchmaker is fucking with me, on my main I get put in underdog games constantly. As a result I only have a 40% win rate this season. All of the bonus SR has been used up just minimising my losses (3.4k). On the other hand my smurf has been in favoured matches constantly, currently sitting at 70% win rate at 3.3k.

edgefusion

Why am I so absolutely awful at 1v1? I can't aim for shit. In other games I'm fine but Overwatch's aiming seems so horrible to me. Don't get me wrong I love the game, but anything other than auto-aim heroes and I'm total junk.

Antiwhippy

Why am I so absolutely awful at 1v1? I can't aim for shit. In other games I'm fine but Overwatch's aiming seems so horrible to me. Don't get me wrong I love the game, but anything other than auto-aim heroes and I'm total junk.

What's your sens/dpi like?

ohkay

I actually do wonder when blizzard will do their next big balance change.

and how much of a nerf bat they will hit ana with.

Because she needed to be nerfed like yesterday.

Hopefully not too much though, because I love playing as ana.
I'm surprised they haven't put any changes up with the Oasis build

edgefusion

What's your sens/dpi like?

I'm a disgusting console scrub. I've tried lowering my sensitivity but then I find I can't turn fast enough to keep up with movement. I've been doing the 1v1 for most of the evening and get annihilated every time, in kill cams they seem to have pretty good aim while mine swings wildly back and forth.

Nimby

Banned
If Sym can become the Lucio of OW on defense specifically, I would be pretty happy. Just hope that any balance changes that come to her keep that in mind.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
25 kill streak as Pharah. No knockback or Mercy needed.
tumblr_o80nb6tpyZ1ubatrho1_500.png

I just wanted 1 box from arcade today and Winter Mystery was just not co-operating, so much Hanamura attack, I like mystery heroes even with its issues but Point B Hanamura is a ridiculous uphill climb for attackers in this mode.

AngryMoth

Had another leaver just now on hanamura a few minutes into the first round. It boggles my mind that they not stopped taking away SR when you inevitably lose in these situations, or at least significantly reduced the amount lost. It's the most tilting thing in the world

Blues1990

Yep, D.Va, followed by Soldier 76 imo

Roadhog's voice lines are pretty great, but almost all of them, including his holiday event ones, are barely audible.I unlocked the Mako pirate skin not too long ago, and I didn't realize that he says "BLUHAGHHAHAHAH. ARGH...matey." or "Anchors away." when he tosses his chain hook.

maomaoIYP

I'm a disgusting console scrub. I've tried lowering my sensitivity but then I find I can't turn fast enough to keep up with movement. I've been doing the 1v1 for most of the evening and get annihilated every time, in kill cams they seem to have pretty good aim while mine swings wildly back and forth.

I'm a console pleb, I can win a majority of my 1v1s. What are your sensitivity settings? I use 25/15. Dual zone on Soldier and McCree, Exponential ramp on everyone else.

Shredderi

I just lost a 1v1 against a sombra as Winston. So that happened. Both at full HP with my tesla cannon tracking her during the entire duration of the battle.

Antiwhippy

I just lost a 1v1 against a sombra as Winston. So that happened. Both at full HP with my tesla cannon tracking her during the entire duration of the battle.

Makes sense. Her gun is actually a really good tank shredder because it does a ton of damage when every round can connect.

KHlover

Banned

Your cannon only deals half damage against her shield and I'm pretty sure she can out DPS you. Did she have extra shield from her shield gen? Any Torbjörn armor?

Shredderi

Your cannon only deals half damage against her shield and I'm pretty sure she can out DPS you. Did she have extra shield from her shield gen? Any Torbjörn armor?

No additional armors etc. First time I ever lost to a Sombra as a Winston. I'm actually confident enough to say that I'm a pretty good Winston, absolute shit everything else. I get a lot of squishy characters by jump packing on them and just before landing I melee them and then finish them with tesla cannon. But this Sombra just fucking ate me.

Top Bottom