• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Kurumi

Tracer bails out LOLOL
kc5U6Cr.gif

I must go. My gf needs me.

Silver grouping with platinums, plays dva and can't even get to the widow. :|

Among the top most annoying situations in this game: when an enemy Widowmaker is laying waste to our team, and we already have a D.Va and I can't swap to her.

Like, dude, that's your whole job when you're D.Va and the Widow is on fire. Go up and deal with her already!

TheChaos0

i've found the best success with 4-5, you control the flow of the game completely and more often than not, the solo player is amazing

The problem with 4 and 5 stacks is that it's harder to get 4-5 people on consistently that know how to play with you and you know how to play with them, you also get matched against 6 stacks even as a 4 stack, which sucks.

KHlover

Banned
Note to self: never play comp on weekends. The difference in players is staggering. I'm not trying to prop myself up but rather weekend games are invariably filled with shitbags who will sabotage the team on the smallest perceived slight. Truly awful and turns every game into a coinflip on which team has the most toxic players.
Starting this weekend it'll be two solid weeks of christmas vacation. That's going to be interesting.

nan0

Shit, I dropped almost 400 points since I started two weeks ago. Had a phenomenal loss streak of 15 games in a row or so with serial quitters, AFKs or groups where no one wanted to play healer or tank.

TheChaos0

Shit, I dropped almost 400 points since I started two weeks ago. Had a phenomenal loss streak of 15 games in a row or so with serial quitters, AFKs or groups where no one wanted to play healer or tank.

I now stop playing the game if I get to 4th consecutive loss. I also find that, that you need to wait for a bit after your loss or you might end up playing with almost the exact same people!

LiK

15 game loss streak? take a break so you don't fall deeper.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So far my games in plat.

Waaaaaaay dumber team comps than gold. Like, what the hell.

At one point we had like hanzo, widow and bastion altogether attack hanamura B.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So far my games in plat.

When the 'no my strat legit works if everyone around me compensates for it' players all wind up together

TheChaos0

So far my games in plat.

I don't actually see much difference between gold and platinum players, in fact you get triggered people at that level that decide to take all kind of random picks. Or they get triggered after the 1st round.

Antiwhippy

I don't actually see much difference between gold and platinum players, in fact you get triggered people at that level that decide to take all kind of random picks. Or they get triggered after the 1st round.

The biggest difference so far is that golds actually try to pick a decent team comp.

AngryMoth

I've almost deranked to gold now. Keep telling myself if I just keep playing and doing well in my matches (which I do) then the law of averages will carry me to diamond but just keep sliding in the opposite direction...

KHlover

Banned
why the fuck is it mystery heroes again this week?
nobody likes this mode and it snowballs wasy too easily

Thank god 6v6 stacked and Mei's Brawl also count towards the lootboxes. That being said I actually like mystery heroes when it isn't being exceptionally trolling.

TheChaos0

The biggest difference so far is that golds actually try to pick a decent team comp.

That's because golds want to get to plat and many plats are just stuck in plat for the rest of the season. I'd imagine many people just gave up of getting to diamond. At least that's how it feels.

pizzacat

Banned
This happened to me just as the new update dropped it was beautiful to start winning again

I gotta stop pickung heroes that my teammates dont wont just auto lock pharah and tear ass by myself hoping my toddler babby teammates push

Basically the post above me but true

TheChaos0

My experience with Plat is everyone trying to DPS going 'fuckfuckfuck my team is bad and i must carry these idiots fuck'

Me: Dear DPS, we are defending, they are going to have pharah. Can someone take a hitscan?

DPS: Picks Genji and Reaper/Junkrat.

I usually play tank and at times like this, unless I switch to something that counters pharah we'll just lose because DPS never look up anyway and just shoot into Rein's and Zariya's shield 24/7.

TheChaos0

The Overwatch mentality is 'I'm carrying'
Everyone is carrying everyone. That's what I'm told.

One person can rarely carry. They can only carry when the enemy team does not try to counter the said person. If you have a Pharah shooting down at support and you don't do anything about it...well...

Antiwhippy

I don't get some players sometimes.

Diamond who fell 700SR, has a 35% winrate with roadhog, yet stubbornly picks roadhog despite not getting any picks.

Started the season in high Gold since I did placements with a friend who...isn't as good at the game, just to help him out and today I had a near 10 game winstreak and shot up to my all-time high of SR 2854!

Proud of myself. I think I might try for Diamond this time around. Last season was all about getting into Platinum rank so I figure I should keep raising the bar.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
IF they nerf 76, which they should, they need to nerf pharah at the same time

because soldier 76 is the only thing keeping her from being completely godlike right now

omgkitty

My experience with ranked has been pretty mixed so far. For my ranking matches, I went 6-3-1, with pretty good team comps and no negativity. Didn't even really have anyone on mics. I was placed in gold and then immediately won 2 matches and jumped up to platinum. After that I lost 4 in a row, taking me below my original ranking (though it still shows me as platinum which is weird), and OMG the amount of fucking vitriol I've experienced is astounding. Just people constantly complaining about what other teammates are doing or not having certain characters when they refuse to switch.

A guy was bitching about not having a Rein, so I switched to help out and then he made fun of me because I sucked, except they wouldn't push up behind me when I would. Had another guy complain because no one else was using a mic so he decided to switch to Torbjorn to troll us and then gave us shit when we lost. I honestly have no problem switching off to help the team, but since I main D.Va, I shouldn't have to. It sucks that I actually enjoy ranked when the matches are good, but so far that's rarely happened after leaving my placement matches.

My thirst for those loot boxes is real, so I spend hours on these stupid modes every week to get the 9 wins, and I want to put my head through a wall by the end of it every time.

On the plus side you still progress to level up lootboxes.

No Limits might as well just be quickplay a month ago.

That's never me because Mercy always does this when I'm surrounded by enemies and I need to recall my mech anyways before I'm useful again.

I had a Mercy once wait so long to revive me, that I was behind the enemy team by then.

However Junkrat put his trap right under my corpse just in case, and that was that. Was hilarious to live, die, live, die.

Just wanted to say pretty much every Arcade mode is insufferable and a chore.

Use it for warmup, maybe get lootboxes from it. But yeah it's eh.

omgkitty

Same. 3v3 is alright but it's also really hard and I'm bad. 1v1 is just... why does it exist.

Yep...I ignore both of these modes because I'm awful at them. I usually stuck to the 6v6 brawls, which were basically unwinnable if you were on certain sides. It's basically taught me to never use McCree or any snipers because I'm legit awful at them. The only one I really like is the one where cool downs are cut in half and everyone is buffed. Don't remember the name, but the absolute insanity is fun as hell.

BigDug13

why the fuck is it mystery heroes again this week?
nobody likes this mode and it snowballs wasy too easily

If they tweaked it to let you maintain the same percentage of ult charge on the new character that gets selected, that would go a long way towards helping the snowballs. The winners get ult charge and the losers get reset. That's a balance problem.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Just wanted to say pretty much every Arcade mode is insufferable and a chore.
Yup. Fuck lootboxes. Both 3v3 and 1v1 feel like wastes of time. If there were no lootbox rewards from them, I don't nkow why anyone would play them.

1v1 Pharah mirror match makes me purposely go into a confined room so that one of us gets blown up more quickly. Oh, and let's not forget the amazingly fun Bastion mirror match.

And the mode still shows killcams and plays of the game too! WHY THE FUCK WOULD I WANT TO SEE THAT

The only one I sort of like is the random hero one because it lets you fuck around with heroes you might not know very well, but you will most likely lose because everyone else is fucking around too.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah, Random Heroes would be much better if you could retain your Ult charge when you die. Dying when you're at 90% just to go back to 0% with your new hero sucks, and when I do have an Ult ready, I sometimes use it in weird/solo situations because otherwise, it will just be a waste if I die without using it.

AbaFadi

Banned
People on PC are very toxic compared to console lol. Like literally someone always have to find someone to blame for a loss even though they played terribly themselves. Almost every game I have gold damage and elims as D.Va when we're running two DPS. If anything they should consider maybe it's their fault.

Naarmight

My thirst for those loot boxes is real, so I spend hours on these stupid modes every week to get the 9 wins, and I want to put my head through a wall by the end of it every time.

So it is not just me, I got 3 wins on random 6v6 out of over 12 games, I was furious. Bad lotto picks, defending the last point on kings row, almost there and all of a sudden we have 3 Zenyettas, a mercy and an Anna. Had a game where it was searching for a 6th member for our team the whole game.

Top Bottom