• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

KHlover

Banned
No additional armors etc. First time I ever lost to a Sombra as a Winston. I'm actually confident enough to say that I'm a pretty good Winston, absolute shit everything else. I get a lot of squishy characters by jump packing on them and just before landing I melee them and then finish them with tesla cannon. But this Sombra just fucking ate me.

nvm my comment, I confused her with Symetra. I should not comment at almost 3am :p

Skii

No additional armors etc. First time I ever lost to a Sombra as a Winston. I'm actually confident enough to say that I'm a pretty good Winston, absolute shit everything else. I get a lot of squishy characters by jump packing on them and just before landing I melee them and then finish them with tesla cannon. But this Sombra just fucking ate me.

Maybe you were discorded? Was you fighting around a hacked health pack?

Prelude.

Now I'm 6 points lower than my placements, lul. For every win I'm slammed in the face with 2-3 shitshows in a row. I should try playing more in the afternoon, I don't know.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's sad that, as Lucio, I always end up having to be the one to chase and kill Mercy so she doesn't rez her team

like if everyones so hardon for instalocking dps you should at least know what takes priority

Currently practicing Sombra in QP to really understand her and honestly she's AWESOME when she coordinates well but utter shit when teammates don't pick up the health packs you hack (it seriously builds her ult SO fast) and capitalize on good EMP's during teamfights.

I also find her better on defense than on Attack even though it feels like she was made to be Anti-Defense.
Hacking Roadhogs is fun though, every one gets so pissed off lol

cyborg009

Banned
Currently practicing Sombra in QP to really understand her and honestly she's AWESOME when she coordinates well but utter shit when teammates don't pick up the health packs you hack (it seriously builds her ult SO fast) and capitalize on good EMP's during teamfights.

I also find her better on defense than on Attack even though it feels like she was made to be Anti-Defense.
Hacking Roadhogs is fun though, every one gets so pissed off lol

Yep this! On point B hamaura she was perfect for getting picks when the enemy team tried to go after the point.

Nimby

Banned
Sooooo.... how does one deal with Symmetra?

D.Va is her biggest counter. Use defense matrix to eat up her orb spam to stop her from building ult. She is also the only hero who can probably withstand 6 turrets beaming at her and still be able to destroy Symmetra's shield generator.

Support wise, if they have generator up Zenyatta discord can help. In a fight, Sym is probably priority #1 always. If your team doesn't take her out and you die, she now has her ult. If you manage to take her out but still lose the fight, at least she didn't get her ult built up.

D.Va is her biggest counter. Use defense matrix to eat up her orb spam to stop her from building ult. She is also the only hero who can probably withstand 6 turrets beaming at her and still be able to destroy Symmetra's shield generator.

Support wise, if they have generator up Zenyatta discord can help. In a fight, Sym is probably priority #1 always. If your team doesn't take her out and you die, she now has her ult. If you manage to take her out but still lose the fight, at least she didn't get her ult built up.

Wow okay and I'm a Dva main haha.

I don't know it feels like her M1 just wrecks everything.

AngryMoth

I was able to build ult in literally 30 seconds with Sym tonight, she's so OP lol. Need to work on getting the hang of her projected barrier more though

Nimby

Banned
I was able to build ult in literally 30 seconds with Sym tonight, she's so OP lol. Need to work on getting the hang of her projected barrier more though

Well, she's always been able to that. ~10 orbs hitting someone = ult. I got an ult pre-patch by just shooting 3.

MartyStu

Symmetra is not op guys, come on.

Also DVA is definitely not her biggest counter, try Pharah, Mccree or Hog.

Hog counters everyone. It is part of his problem.

But D.Va is being proposed as a potential counter because she has the health/armor needed to withstand getting turreted/microwaved and the mobility to go look for the teleporter/shield.

Also, she does not need to be accurate, so she has an easier time killing a hopping Sym or her turrets.

But realistically, Winston is better.

Roadhog's voice lines are pretty great, but almost all of them, including his holiday event ones, are barely audible.I unlocked the Mako pirate skin not too long ago, and I didn't realize that he says "BLUHAGHHAHAHAH. ARGH...matey." or "Anchors away." when he tosses his chain hook.

Yeah, it's not that Hog's lines are put through heavy filters that's the problem (they are), it's the fact that his voice seems so muted. I swear they updated it or something because he didn't used to be this inaudible. I hate pretty much all of his skins outside of his default and the other 75 ones tho

The Lucio "Gotta go fast!" bum rush the point strategy actually seems to work somewhat well.....atleast better than all those matches where we just get stalled out by Mei/Symmetra then finally get on the point in overtime.

Also I'm developing a new love for D.va, especially with all the people playing Soldier lately. Was using her in a match earlier and at the request of our Zen (Who I guess previously played the other team) told me to stay on their Soldier nonstop. Totally shut him down and eventually made their team swap to Zarya+Mei to counter me.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The higher you go, the more punishing playing sym would be, because you run into people that can actually aim.

At lower levels though sure, I still see DVas putting up DM when I beam them.

The higher you go, the more punishing playing sym would be, because you run into people that can actually aim.

At lower levels though sure, I still see DVas putting up DM when I beam them.

They still seem to work quite well in the Master/Grandmaster range. The fails are more spectacular, but I have definitely seen teams getting shut out thanks to her Teleporter or Shield Generator.

Maps like Anubus/Eichenwald/Volskaya seem to be her playground.

Avalt

Haven't really played since the Halloween event but just got a 10 game losing streak on Winter Mystery... yeah I'm done with this event and Overwatch in general till at least Easter. Completely burned out with this game.

Antiwhippy

They still seem to work quite well in the Master/Grandmaster range. The fails are more spectacular, but I have definitely seen teams getting shut out thanks to her Teleporter or Shield Generator.

Maps like Anubus/Eichenwald/Volskaya seem to be her playground.

I don't really mean punishing in that way, I meant more about the people who seem to think that she's a DPS monster now that can take on all DPS and tanks. As someone who used to play sym a lot it's kinda baffling to me.

As sym you don't seek out the 1v1 unless you know the person you're going after is lucio/mercy or just really bad in general. Her strength is moving into the chaos of battle and building her charge into a snowball that assists your team's fights.

I don't really mean punishing in that way, I meant more about the people who seem to think that she's a DPS monster now that can take on all DPS and tanks. As someone who used to play sym a lot it's kinda baffling to me.

As sym you don't seek out the 1v1 unless you know the person you're going after is lucio/mercy or just really bad in general. Her strength is moving into the chaos of battle and building her charge into a snowball that assists your team's fights.

Oh ok I misunderstood, but I agree. When I play her I just hide in a corner until I have 100% surprise

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I've only played Sombra in Mystery Heroes and I just don't click with her. Might as well just jump off a cliff like I do with Junk and Widow.

weshes195

So I was thinking of buying this game because of the sale. Just wondering, what makes this game "special" compared to other similar games?

Only wondering because it had been getting great reviews and a huge audience since it came out.

Words cannot describe how tired I am getting of "Symmetra mains" costing us matches because they think their judgement as playing Symmetra on Offense is smart because they got Play of The Game at some point 10 matches ago.

Also wish there was an avoid player feature on console, somehow got matched with the same troll that cost me Top 500 last season by throwing 2+ matches.

After watching that Year In Review Dev video, why do I get the feeling we're gonna have a Valentine's Day event in game? They did say they had events planned for obvious dates AND unexpected ones too.

So I was thinking of buying this game because of the sale. Just wondering, what makes this game "special" compared to other similar games?

Only wondering because it had been getting great reviews and a huge audience since it came out.

have you tried reading the great reviews? :p

I hate playing as Reinhardt... my team begs me to stick with him and my shield goes down every time.

You made a new account?

No, name changed a while ago haha. Look at your list! I specifically made sure it still had H3X in the name to avoid confusing people and it seems that's worked a bit too well.

Antiwhippy

I kind of love playing reinhardt recently actually. If you have a team that's willing to play ball with you or at least be somewhat not incompetent he's really fun. It's almost fighting game like where's it's mostly about spacing and footsies.

I've only played Sombra in Mystery Heroes and I just don't click with her. Might as well just jump off a cliff like I do with Junk and Widow.

She isn't good. I keep trying to make her work but her kit is so easy to counter. Any hero she would be good against like D.Va doesn't work cuz if she gets hit for the smallest amount of damage, invis and hack stops working

Anne

I have mixed feelings about Sym. I don't think she's too good, but I do pretty strongly dislike the Sym/Torb/Ana/Tankx3 strat she is a part of. I like that they are really embracing the "timer" part of her design, but I feel like she is still getting too much help on that end.

Top Bottom