• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Blues1990

Wow.
First time i got told by a girl to get my head out of my ass lol.

So weird playing genji i go in to backline immediately take down mercy and start nearly all of our pushes have 3 golds including objective time but its apparently the genji instead of the soldier who needs to change.
Honestly i was so done i was thinking do you guys not have kill feed on and see how much im harassing and taking out key targets

She said get my head out my ass and stop being a bitch just cause im diamond but i didnt say anything about my rank and i dont have mic so all i could type is wtf.

Keep in mind We still won the match, it was hanamura and we had to retake a few times. Just2CP things iguess.
We held A for like 4minutes and won 5-4 when i switched Ana and we went 3Supports 2 Tanks and 1 torb It was so bizarre.

Yeah, the player base can be inconsistently weird about such things. I don't get it myself, but as long as you are doing fine, then what's the issue?

Yeah, the player base can be inconsistently weird about such things. I don't get it myself, but as long as you are doing fine, then what's the issue?

I mean overall our whole team was pretty good except for the soldier who got picked off the beginning of every fight cause hes always moving forward when reins shield is down then complaining about shield. Even then i was so confused at how fast people were tilting. Like some people get so mad if the first push isnt perfectly coordinated

Skii

I mean overall our whole team was pretty good except for the soldier who got picked off the beginning of every fight cause hes always moving forward when reins shield is down then complaining about shield. Even then i was so confused at how fast people were tilting. Like some people get so mad if the first push isnt perfectly coordinated

I'd say about 20% of my games in the last 2 weeks has had someone leave on my team because we couldn't full hold the first point.

That's a completely false equivalence. At his range soldier has a lot to worry about. Sightlines, shield, other ranged pokes, meanwhile tracer is built to circumvent a lot of those things.
I'm not talking about at tracer's range - but either way those things are not worried about by most people games. Most people don't even know to target healers!

mellow

I haven't played in like 2 months until today or read anything about changes, all I know is Zarya got nerfed and Symmetra got changed. I mainly used Zarya and Lucio during Season 2 and Zarya seems pretty well balanced now to me (she was definitely OP before, I'm fairly average and felt she elevated me to good ) I was still stomping but it was in quick play so not a good indicator.

can anyone tell me any of the pertinent changes to save me reading through dozens and dozens of articles

from this page I gather Soldier got a pretty huge buff lol

zoukka

I haven't played in like 2 months until today or read anything about changes, all I know is Zarya got nerfed and Symmetra got changed. I mainly used Zarya and Lucio during Season 2 and Zarya seems pretty well balanced now to me (she was definitely OP before, I'm fairly average and felt she elevated me to good ) I was still stomping but it was in quick play so not a good indicator.

can anyone tell me any of the pertinent changes to save me reading through dozens and dozens of articles

Nothing has fundamentally changed. Biggest change is Symmetra gaining new skills (shield and new ult) and the new character Sombra is never used anywhere. Just play like you did.

fhqwhgads

It kinda sucks how the Solider/D.va buff was an indirect Torbjorn nerf. Both of them deal with him super easy and since they're so popular using Torb can be completely worthless if the other team has a Solider/D.va competent enough to take out the sentry. Plus Pharah and Widow still hard counter Torb too, not a good time to be a dwarf even after the buffs.

Paltheos

Sym changes:
She starts the match with 6 stocked turrets instead of 3.
+25 shield buff to allies has been replaced by a Rein-lite shield (1000 HP) that she can project that moves forward and has a 10 second CD.
Range of primary mode of fire (the lock-on energy beam) has been increase from 5 to 7 meters.
Second ult received, toggleable with the teleporter in-match: A Shield Generator that grants all team members a +75 shield who are in its very generous range of effect.
HP on Sym's ults increased from 200 to 400: 50 raw health and 350 shields.

LiK

No changes, everything is the same.

Skii

Tanks are generally better than DPS now. But the only DPS really bad atm is Reaper and that's only if the other team is running Dva/76 (although most teams do now).

I'd say about 20% of my games in the last 2 weeks has had someone leave on my team because we couldn't full hold the first point.

Had a lucio the match before that one who for some reason over extended and got picked off so we lost A on anubis being 1 healer down he then switched to hanzo came out and died again then quit the match.
euIw19Ch.jpg

Sometimes i wonder if the game has secret bots

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It kinda sucks how the Solider/D.va buff was an indirect Torbjorn nerf. Both of them deal with him super easy and since they're so popular using Torb can be completely worthless if the other team has a Solider/D.va competent enough to take out the sentry. Plus Pharah and Widow still hard counter Torb too, not a good time to be a dwarf even after the buffs.

The soldier/dva buff was an indirect nerf on most of the cast tbh.

They need to nerf Ana's grenade, Soldier's damage, D.Va's health and Roadhog's hook.

Buff Sombra's everything.

Delete Mei.

Add two characters that make Reinhardt and Lucio less essential.

Perfect.

Skii

Had a lucio the match before that one who for some reason over extended and got picked off so we lost A on anubis being 1 healer down he then switched to hanzo came out and died again then quit the match.

My favourite ones are Junkrats who stand at the enemy spawn, die first and then quit the game. It's always the Junkrat mains. There has to be a correlation between being a Junkrat main and having brain damage.

10% increase to weapon dmg is all I want.

Bring him in line with the rest of the overpowered tanks. I like it.

There has to be more ways to indirectly nerf Genji, Reaper and McCree.

There has to be more ways to indirectly nerf Genji, Reaper and McCree.

Reaper is a hard counter to (most) tanks, especially Winston (though Winston is a counter to Genji).

During the MLG Vegas tournament that just ended, EnVyUs won the grand finals with ease (5 victories, 0 losses), because they say fuck the meta and just go with their skill. Practically no team played Reaper, but Envy brought him out time and time again and wrecked the tanks. Four tank meta = playground for skilled Reapers and Soldiers. Just watch out for the hook and you're good to go.

And yeah no, Winston does not need a buff.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

He actually does. Even Symmetra's shield is stronger than his now. Even in the 'tank meta' he's not desirable and no amount of cleave damage changes that. Ana can heal through any of his damage and he just feeds her ult constantly.,

Also, I finally finished my placement matches:

I played all my placement matches with my wife. I ended up at 3700 which is 100 shy of where I ended last season.

She ended up at 3200 which is about 300 higher than she ended last season.

LiK

Also, I finally finished my placement matches:

I played all my placement matches with my wife. I ended up at 3700 which is 100 shy of where I ended last season.

She ended up at 3200 which is about 300 higher than she ended last season.

300 higher than last season? Did she dominate some matches? I got 100 more than what I had last season.

300 higher than last season? Did she dominate some matches? I got 100 more than what I had last season.

She's expanded her charcters.

Last season she almost exclusively played Lucio. This season she's added Mercy and Zenyatta to her regular mix, and has occasionally thrown in 76 if the planets aligned and healers were insta-picked.

LiK

She's expanded her charcters.

Last season she almost exclusively played Lucio. This season she's added Mercy and Zenyatta to her regular mix, and has occasionally thrown in 76 if the planets aligned and healers were insta-picked.

I'm pretty much done with Comp unless you need a 3rd. Been enjoying QP and Arcade. I'm mainly playing as Soldier and Zen this Season unless my team is getting steamrolled and I switch back to Junk.

Reaper is a hard counter to (most) tanks, especially Winston (though Winston is a counter to Genji).

During the MLG Vegas tournament that just ended, EnVyUs won the grand finals with ease (5 victories, 0 losses), because they say fuck the meta and just go with their skill. Practically no team played Reaper, but Envy brought him out time and time again and wrecked the tanks. Four tank meta = playground for skilled Reapers and Soldiers. Just watch out for the hook and you're good to go.

So the way to make Reaper viable is to... be the best Overwatch team in the world?

Blues1990

My favourite ones are Junkrats who stand at the enemy spawn, die first and then quit the game. It's always the Junkrat mains. There has to be a correlation between being a Junkrat main and having brain damage.

"It's hard to just sit around knowing there's someone out there that needs to be blown up."

Junkrat, 2016

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Had a pretty decent night tonight. And by decent I meant that I won all of my matches. Had an ilios map where 4 of the opposite team quit halfway through second because we were dominating them in a pretty hilarious way. Felt sorry for the remaining 2.

Good few games blues. Got some rein practice in.

LiK

I find this entire comment pretty insulting tbh

I'm pretty much done with Comp unless you need a 3rd. Been enjoying QP and Arcade. I'm mainly playing as Soldier and Zen this Season unless my team is getting steamrolled and I switch back to Junk.

Well, now that my placement matches are done, I'll be playing Comp a lot more.

I've been playing a lot of 1v1s in my spare time. I'd really love for blizzard to add a stat page for those because I feel like I've got like a 95% win rate there.

Junkrat seems weirdly ubiquitous down around high Gold or low Plat (which is where I spend time if I queue with my low-Gold friends), and as soon as I see him on my team, I know I can look forward to constant enemy Ana/Zen ults coming back at me.

"I have gold damage."

No shit, buddy.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't mind junkrat on defense, I still find him shaky on offense. Always will, most have done nothing to convince me otherwise.

LiK

Junkrat seems weirdly ubiquitous down around high Gold or low Plat (which is where I spend time if I queue with my low-Gold friends), and as soon as I see him on my team, I know I can look forward to constant enemy Ana/Zen ults coming back at me.

"I have gold damage."

No shit, buddy.

I think most lower tier Junk players don't even know how to play him effectively. Seen some pretty shitty Junk players who don't even know where and when to use their traps/mines

Jellie

Looking at the screen, only two teammates have left, which means it's possible one of those Golds was a Bronze at minimum.

So even if the 3 Gold Medals part was right. The 3 Total Medals part should still be a 4. Right?

Did you change characters? It might be that Junkrat earned 3 gold medals but your total across all characters was 4?

KHlover

Banned

Hey, sometimes it works. 'Member that Junkrat last night who outright KILLED our D.Va within seconds of the match starting? But yeah, all I ever see from Junkrats in Gold is blatant Ult feeding. Junk with Gold dmg? That certainly explains why Ana can Ult every 30s :S

Skii

Their Reaper was average at best. Harry could only actually impact the fight with nanoboost or death blossom. He did little to nothing or just straight up fed when there weren't ults being used. Reaper has been relegated to a super niche role now in top competitive play. At lower levels, he's still pretty fine as long as the enemy don't have Dva/Soldier popping off.

I find this entire comment pretty insulting tbh

You're fine. It's just the other Junkrat mains.

Jellie

Nah, PS4 will always be my main. I got PC during the sale and I can check out PTR stuff so when it goes to consoles, I'll be ready. But I'm open to play with PC Gaffers who hate on Junk, lol

I always hate on Junkrat. Jellie#21742. Be good to play with you again sometime.

KHlover

Banned
Nah, PS4 will always be my main. I got PC during the sale and I can check out PTR stuff so when it goes to consoles, I'll be ready. But I'm open to play with PC Gaffers who hate on Junk, lol

KHlover#2485

I don't hate on Junkrat, but more people to play with is always good :p

LiK

Cool, I'll add all of you next time I'm on. I'll need to get used to playing with PC controls as well before I start joining games.

Top Bottom