• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Just witnessed this one player (she was a girl) get completely bullied by one player who threw and called her really mean things and made her cry during the match.

What the fuck is wrong with people?

Are the servers having issues? Someone on the enemy team DCed right before he killed me. Then on the 2nd round one of our guys randomly gets DCed, followed by another of theirs

That was the wierdest match I have ever had. People kept leaving and rejoining, somehow someone on the enemy team came back like 3+ minutes later then instantly left again

cyborg009

Banned
My last match of the night were 2-2 on KOTH i tell lucio im lagging let me switch to him and he says "no, I'm doing fine". we lost...

I kind of love playing reinhardt recently actually. If you have a team that's willing to play ball with you or at least be somewhat not incompetent he's really fun. It's almost fighting game like where's it's mostly about spacing and footsies.

Pharah and soilder and D.va pretty much melted my sheild within seconds so it wasn't fun at all. I told them to go ana and no one did...

Doesn't help that 76 couldn't shoot anyone down.

I think I let everyone on GAF get in my head about Junkrat. I stopped playing him in competitive because I didn't want to be "that guy" that everyone hated. But when I do play as him I always clean up and do my best DPS. Had a chain in competitive earlier today where three enemies from the other team all tried to get to the health pack in the gas station in Dorado and I killed all three one right after the other - concussion mine, trap, grenade, boom boom boom.

I usually only play him on Defense and occasionally KOTH, but I feel like he's definitely my top three in characters I'm best with.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
My last match of the night were 2-2 on KOTH i tell lucio im lagging let me switch to him and he says "no, I'm doing fine". we lost...

Pharah and soilder and D.va pretty much melted my sheild within seconds so it wasn't fun at all. I told them to go ana and no one did...

Doesn't help that 76 couldn't shoot anyone down.

I feel like with how fast his shields get shredded now you actually have to be more aggressive.

A known troll on our team throws the game playing Widow the entire time, yet I get hate mail for a misplaced Symmetra Generator? (It was slightly too far back in our spawn, wasn't intentional)

#Logic.

KiraFA37

V-day is too obvious. Gotta push the shippers to the max.

They are not doing a Valentine event, Jeff has said so. Even they are afraid to blow up all the ships at once.

To be honest the only thing I want is more lore, the plot to move along a bit faster. These comics reveal some but it is always a trickle of information, additionally the Sombra short just gave us more questions then answers. And since the Firestrike comic is cancelled there is nothing really on the horizon except maps or new characters to advance the lore substantially.

I just watched a Pharah wait at the enemy spawn to use her ult instead of pushing the payload which was 4 meters from the checkpoint with absolutely nobody guarding it. At 15 seconds left on the timer.

The wonders of Arcade mode.

hypernima

Banned
I think I need to start an overwatch diary. I just watched a team keep going the same way the same time over and over and over on Numbani. Not trying the balcony or side not one time.

5 losses, 4 wins, 1 draw and I place at 1951 SR.

I think I let everyone on GAF get in my head about Junkrat. I stopped playing him in competitive because I didn't want to be "that guy" that everyone hated. But when I do play as him I always clean up and do my best DPS. Had a chain in competitive earlier today where three enemies from the other team all tried to get to the health pack in the gas station in Dorado and I killed all three one right after the other - concussion mine, trap, grenade, boom boom boom.

I usually only play him on Defense and occasionally KOTH, but I feel like he's definitely my top three in characters I'm best with.

Why would you ever listen to gaf? Junkray is awesome

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
remove hanamura from quickplay

I think I am actually going to start quitting on attack. The sym/torb garbage is too much when no one has coordination.

Just witnessed this one player (she was a girl) get completely bullied by one player who threw and called her really mean things and made her cry during the match.

This happened to a close friend recently. She was playing on PC and some douchenozzle decided to blame everything that went wrong on her. The guy proceeded to call her sexist and hateful names while her teammates said nothing. She called me in tears afterwards.

I've started to come around that soldier 76 isn't that bad honestly. Still slightly overtuned but nothing unbearable.

respectfully disagree. he currently does 176 in BODY SHOT DAMAGE in one second. factor in a single headshot or his rockets and you can get hosed down before you even have a chance to react. he's not supposed to be tracer.

Yeah Soldier is ridiculous atm, there's almost no reason to ever pick another attacker over him assuming equal skill level and whatnot. A good soldier who knows how to flank and get to high ground and has good aim can pretty much carry a team. He needs a nerf.

Antiwhippy

respectfully disagree. he currently does 176 in BODY SHOT DAMAGE in one second. factor in a single headshot or his rockets and you can get hosed down before you even have a chance to react. he's not supposed to be tracer.

That's assuming you can land all of your bullets, and we know that unless you're like roadhog standing right in front of him that's unrealistic, just due to the spread.

Maybe also because I play a lot of ana but she is like the biggest fuck you to non-burst damage.

Like really, I'd keep his damage and nerf his heal station if anything. We need more damage and less sustain in overwatch.

Danj

You know you can report people even if it's not you they're being offensive towards, right?

Acidote

Yeah Soldier is ridiculous atm, there's almost no reason to ever pick another attacker over him assuming equal skill level and whatnot. A good soldier who knows how to flank and get to high ground and has good aim can pretty much carry a team. He needs a nerf.

I enjoy playing McCree much more, but lately I've been playing S76. He's just more viable.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Huh, I got the christmas Mei costume and her "you have to let it go" voice line I've been using changes to "you have to let it snow".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's assuming you can land all of your bullets, and we know that unless you're like roadhog standing right in front of him that's unrealistic, just due to the spread.

Maybe also because I play a lot of ana but she is like the biggest fuck you to non-burst damage.

Like really, I'd keep his damage and nerf his heal station if anything. We need more damage and less sustain in overwatch.

If you keep his damage then Winston needs a more significant buff than just a barrier buff because there's very little you can do against that much burst damage from that range.

If you keep his damage then Winston needs a more significant buff than just a barrier buff because there's very little you can do against that much burst damage from that range.
You could just not be winston tbh. :(

He has far more accurate spray than tracer though at a much larger range. It's really not that easy to avoid getting hosed.

Antiwhippy

I think heal station nerf could do just that. I dunno. Winston jump + genji dash is still a hella strong dive combo. But that needs co-ordination impossible in solo q.

Sym like Torb scale directly with skill. The less you have the better they become.

I still think sym could work, but yeah, I don't see it as something super borked. Not immediately anyway.

You could just not be winston tbh. :(

He has far more accurate spray than tracer though at a much larger range. It's really not that easy to avoid getting hosed.

That's a completely false equivalence. At his range soldier has a lot to worry about. Sightlines, shield, other ranged pokes, meanwhile tracer is built to circumvent a lot of those things.

TheChaos0

Looks like they're gonna be changing the Communication Wheel, to allow more customization and shit. You'll be able to select from 4 voice lines and 4 emotes, instead of just having the 1, I guess. You'll also be able to choose from 4 sprays, instead of just 1.

They're also adding some kind of obvious button to more strongly encourage groups to join Team Chat instead of staying in Group Chat.

Can they add - "Stop poking and follow me!" or "Get behind me!" You know when you on Volskaya A and you got Rein's shield and Dva defence matrix standing by the left door and no one is following in. ARGGHJHGJK:L@@~~

Wow.
First time i got told by a girl to get my head out of my ass lol.

So weird playing genji i go in to backline immediately take down mercy and start nearly all of our pushes have 3 golds including objective time but its apparently the genji instead of the soldier who needs to change.
Honestly i was so done i was thinking do you guys not have kill feed on and see how much im harassing and taking out key targets

She said get my head out my ass and stop being a bitch just cause im diamond but i didnt say anything about my rank and i dont have mic so all i could type is wtf.

Keep in mind We still won the match, it was hanamura and we had to retake a few times. Just2CP things iguess.
We held A for like 4minutes and won 5-4 when i switched Ana and we went 3Supports 2 Tanks and 1 torb It was so bizarre.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Server browser is fine but I really wish they would let us queue for game modes in quick play. comp you should have to do whatever the game throws at you but qp you shoudl at least be able to queue to avoid or pick the mode you prefer.

I hate doing KOTH.

Top Bottom