• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

fhqwhgads

As strange as it seems, it feels too easy to rank up this season. Getting double the exp for winning than you would for losing feels unrewarding, like i just hit diamond for the first time and i didn't feel acomplished at all. I thought they were going to make ranking up at higher levels harder this season, not easier.

xviper

i can't believe this but i think i'm gonna stop playing Overwatch until they bring it back to before this shitty winter trash update

they fucked up the entire game for me, first of all, the matchmaking is slow as fuck, it's like the game is dead, maybe they made it that you get matched with people in the same region and in my country most people only know BF and COD

the boxes, those fucking boxes, i opened like 20 winter boxes and all i got is Pharah and Sombra skins which is never play

the leveling up is now takes much more time, especially in the elimination mode

and the biggest problem of all, the fact that all the modes now feels like you're playing competitive, i mostly play solo and now everyone is with a group, i know they are mostly random but still they work together like never before, even if i'm playing against a team of no groups, i get matched with high level players, silver ranked players, WTF, i love Overwatch because it's fun and casual and they fucked this up for me, back when i used to play Halo 5 i kept getting my ass kicked in the arena so much and that's why i only play Big Team Battle because it's casual and fun for everyone, if you want competitive go play arena, you want fun go play BTB, Overwatch is not the same anymore, it's completely a competitive game now, Blizzard please bring back Overwatch to it's casualty

LordAmused

i can't believe this but i think i'm gonna stop playing Overwatch until they bring it back to before this shitty winter trash update

they fucked up the entire game for me, first of all, the matchmaking is slow as fuck, it's like the game is dead, maybe they made it that you get matched with people in the same region and in my country most people only know BF and COD

the boxes, those fucking boxes, i opened like 20 winter boxes and all i got is Pharah and Sombra skins which is never play

the leveling up is now takes much more time, especially in the elimination mode

and the biggest problem of all, the fact that all the modes now feels like you're playing competitive, i mostly play solo and now everyone is with a group, i know they are mostly random but still they work together like never before, even if i'm playing against a team of no groups, i get matched with high level players, silver ranked players, WTF, i love Overwatch because it's fun and casual and they fucked this up for me, back when i used to play Halo 5 i kept getting my ass kicked in the arena so much and that's why i only play Big Team Battle because it's casual and fun for everyone, if you want competitive go play arena, you want fun go play BTB, Overwatch is not the same anymore, it's completely a competitive game now, Blizzard please bring back Overwatch to it's casualty

There is arcade Mode. Atleast on PC. It's a true clusterf**k but it is damn fun!

AbaFadi

Banned
Since we're on the subject of pc vs console, here's what I've learned so far:

Pc players are super toxic compared to console. Always have to find someone else to blame instead of themselves. Soldier can't kill a pharah, blames the supports for not healing, genji gets picked off at the start of a team fight for over extending, blames the tanks (probably the same as console).

Diamond on both is roughly same level of skill. People still have limited game sense on what ults to combo, how to counter other team comps, etc. I was in diamond for about 3 weeks on ps4 during the start of season 2 and had some of the worst teammates ever before I hit masters. Running into the same people on pc as well.

I'm just learning kb&m controls on pc and I will admit it is a lot better than controller aiming. I also like being able to type in the chat as well. I just kind of expected a lot more playing on pc considering people always say grandmaster on console is platinum on pc, which is entirely untrue btw. I would honestly take any grandmaster on ps4 than the people I get paired up with in solo q at diamond on pc. The game sense is just entirely nonexistent half the time. I got called an idiot in chat because I told a D.VA to combo with my earthshatter as rein and zarya's ult with pulse bomb combo.

Long story short, pc version is better and more fast-paced than console version with better controls, but don't expect teammates to be any better or smarter. Also ana is really annoying on here.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I can't believe I finally lost it last night and RAGE quit of a ranked game

I swear some players are so aloof to their surroundings
How is it I as FUCKING Pharah, high in the sky can hear the running of an enemy Soldier 76 scamper, yet my whole team just tone deaf to it.
He just ran around, while I try to prevent backdoor, almost kill him, die
My icon and scoreboard notifies them that your teammate is dead, yet they are aloof

Ultimate goes off, Zeny, Mercy, Mei, Rein, Genji go bye bye
This is 1 minute into the damn match at Route 66, we are on Defense, killing and were stalling them so fucking bad, they were stuck right by the lower/upper tunnel, little bridge area making the turn to the gas station

Like no enemies around payload, you didn't hear a Soldiers footsteps scampering, hopefully alerting you
My shooting, death?

Just as I revive and try to "Group Up", Rein changes to Torb, Mei to Anna
Like WTF?

I just closed my console

Reached 2800+, then 4 losses in a row to teams where they gave our side mostly solos, yet they other side had stacks (either a 3 man team or 2 teams of two vs 1 team of two for us, which communication does wonders cause at least they're coordinated)

Also saw the dreaded 3 Tank meta in Platinum
Rein, D.Va, Road, Ana, Lucio, Soldier
Us Pharah, D.Va (me), McCree, Hanzo, Tracer, Zenyatta

We got creamed within 2.5 minutes on Defend on Temple of Anubis
Pharah got hooked right off the bat, they went through left door, coming around, I'm tanking
McCree and Zenyatta chasing the Soldier running right side
So I'm DOA, Soldier escapes, tanks murder those 2, Soldier wrecks Hanzo
No fucking clue where our Tracer was, but I kept hearing her death scream
I think hands down Tracer dying has the best death scream

Ultimates go off on Point B, GG EZ.
Once we go on Attack, can't even bypass the door
Tries everything, but I switched like 6 Heroes to just break their defense
Sometimes teams really stonewall the shit out of you

caesar

Banned
Solely based on being able to use a KB/M?

Because besides the PTR, In-Game Text Chat and other suttle things the differences between console and PC are minimal.

You can also technically use a KB/M on consoles using something like the XIM 4, albeit itd be a gray area whether itd be considered cheating or not.

Framerate is a big one.

Rean

I've been having a much more enjoyable time being calm and playing matches without getting annoyed at team picks this season. It definitely helps me play way better than it used too.

Won a competitive match with an attack Torb. Questioned the choice but they made it work - it was a tough match though. We managed to hold them about 10m from the final point on Hollywood and that made the difference because we were just able to make it to their point in Overtime. Now I'm a little below where I placed last season, we'll see if I keep getting 40-50 per win as I get closer to Platinum.

On the other hand, I'm officially done giving Mystery Heroes a chance. Mode is complete garbage - at least when your only choices are King's Row and Hanamura. I already play flex and am comfortable with most characters, so it's not really giving me the shiny "ooh I get to play heroes I don't main" feel others get. Just isn't worth it.

GraveRobberX

^

Mystery Heroes this time has been some Grade A bullshit
They need to adjust the randomizer cause seriously its broken sometimes

Give enemy team 3 Torbs, while we get 3 Mercy's, that's a fair fight amirite?

It should cycle through the type and then choose Heroes
Also giving the sane character 3 times in a row is like unbelievably stupid
If you get that Hero, it should be removed till, you've run through the whole roster

Nothing fun being a mystery playing the same char

Also I've seen some lopsided 4 man tank teams with 2 healers, which is just annoying, like seriously?
You brought the meta and over killed into a random mode

^

If you get that Hero, it should be removed till, you've run through the whole roster

Also I've seen some lopsided 4 man tank teams with 2 healers, which is just annoying, like seriously?

The enemy team on last point Hanamura was Mei, Mei, Mei, Roadhog, Roadhog and Ana at one point yesterday. Holy fuck it was awful. Think I played arcade for 4 hours yesterday and won about 3 games :/

Blues1990

^

I remember when I was playing Mystery Heroes, our team went through a cycle of Support heroes, while the opposing team had an (almost) perfect comp set-up.

It wasn't until the last 10 seconds that I was able to get Roadhog, but everyone else was still stuck as Mercy's and Lucio's.

GraveRobberX

I remember Mystery when it was a weekly Brawl, being hella fun, cause you got some funny team make ups that worked
Now the mode is irritating due to not the Heroes but the heavied choices the random heroes it so call picks

I'm not great with Zaraya, but I can hold my own, the game 3 fucking times in a row chose her
We needed a support really bad, it was just like game needs to know to adjust the choices

Not be near perfect on the 2-2-2 scheme, but Holy Shit, giving out 3-4 Tank classes to one side, while say giving other team bupkus to combat on Maps that require at least a small semblance of team structure

If this KOTH maps I wouldn't be mad, but Hanamura already is clusterfuck r' us as a legit map on any mode with good team comps, it get dialed to 22 with mystery heroes

Kings Row at least is Hybrid, cap point, payload can be at least controlled
Hanamura though, if Defend gets right picks from the start, its heartache until randomizer gives you the favor or you destroy their defense

Worst I ever saw was
D.Va, Rein, Roadhog, Soldier, Torn, Symm on Defend

We did not get 1 fucking Tank till 3 minutes in, just got slaughtered cause both doors were locked down

Tanks + Symm at main, Soldier/Torn + Turret at window
Shield Generator + Torb armor, it took us till 30 seconds to reach point, we capped it luckily due to a Genji backdoor, making them break ranks
Within that timeframe we had decent comp of D.Va, Zen, Tracer, Zaraya, Lucio to bumrush

rulerk1

they threw two unwinnable matches at me in comp and we pulled through. First one was a bit more intense but the second one after we lost the game the next four we really pulled it together. The D.va/ Zarya combo really helped us that final match. I killed so many TRacers stuck in bad rewinds that match. Some dude on the other was throwing I think because he went Bastion, Symm, and Torb and even left mid match

Got 66 elims too

It's a spreadsheet I have open while I play. https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/5fc6jd/overwatch_performance_tracker_new_and_improved/ This is where I got the document from.

thanks

ohkay

Finally made it back into masters after the worst start of the season ever. Didn't matter what I did as a support main, it was loss after loss. Image above doesn't include my 3-7 placements. I used up all the bonus SR gain just treading water. The only benefit of the losses was that I got over my ladder anxiety as near the end of the streaks I stopped caring.
This is how my season started as Ana. I would heal my ass off, get clutch sleep darts, kill pretty much everyone flanking me, but my teams could never capitalize and my spreadsheet was turning all red. I stopped playing Ana and switched to Soldier and now it's all green.

Mei with an armor pack and a shield generator boost makes you feel like a mini-tank. I got hit by discord and a biotic grenade while a S76 was shooting at me, and I still had over 100HP left to blizzard all three of them. The 76 ragequit.

Doorman

Speaking of Winter Mystery, had a game last night where the game started my team with Widowmaker (me), Widowmaker, Ana, Ana, Symmetra, and Symmetra. On Hanamura. Attack. I just had to laugh.

We won that game. Not with that team comp though.

GraveRobberX

Mei with an armor pack and a shield generator boost makes you feel like a mini-tank. I got hit by discord and a biotic grenade while a S76 was shooting at me, and I still had over 100HP left to blizzard all three of them. The 76 ragequit.

Have you ever seen a Mei with 4 Symm shield stacks as an Attacker, good lord
Zenyatta orb to be the cherry

Fucking unreal!

Mupod

Mystery Heroes is a silly mode. I like it for being a mess.

If I wasn't trying to win for the weekly bonuses I wouldn't care about how hard it trolls me with characters. Last time I got Hanzo I just jumped down a hole, where Hanzo belongs.

Anyways, I think this was made to be an OT title:

tumblr_oiibxl0gmX1usq77po1_1280.png

tumblr_oiibxl0gmX1usq77po2_1280.png

Your stats aren't being saved in Mystery Heroes, right? No one can ever see your W/L-ratio or your individual stats for that mode, right?

No idea why all of ya'all are complaining. It's just a fun mode where you're supposed to have fun even if you lose. If you want competitive modes, then there's a mode just for you called just that ;)

Your stats aren't being saved in Mystery Heroes, right? No one can ever see your W/L-ratio or your individual stats for that mode, right?

No idea why all of ya'all are complaining. It's just a fun mode where you're supposed to have fun even if you lose. If you want competitive modes, then there's a mode just for you called just that ;)

The problem is Blizzard tied wins to loot boxes.

BigDug13

If I wasn't trying to win for the weekly bonuses I wouldn't care about how hard it trolls me with characters. Last time I got Hanzo I just jumped down a hole, where Hanzo belongs.

Anyways, I think this was made to be an OT title:

Just play 6v6 no limits. You still unlock those weekly loot boxes and you can create somewhat competent teams. It's not so cheesy like before because people realize this is a good game mode to earn loot boxes so they try to win.

You don't have to play the game modes in blue.

Just play 6v6 no limits. You still unlock those weekly loot boxes and you can create somewhat competent teams. It's not so cheesy like before because people realize this is a good game mode to earn loot boxes so they try to win.

6v6 no limits is worse than mystery heroes imo, symmetra stacks are no fun.

NeoRaider

Whole Arcade for me is huge turn off tbh.
I really liked 3v3 at first, well i can say 1v1 too but i can't stand it now. I don't even want to comment on that Mei brawl and No Limits because it's just so bad. If it wasn't for 3 boxes i don't think i would ever play it.

Mystery Heroes is nice tho.

GraveRobberX

Symm dominates that mode now
Its crazy, thing not going your way, stack, build Ultimate, unleash, feast

Mystery had some semblance to it, no clue why the randomizer gets lopsided so frequently
I just play it for fun, but when the odds are heavily favored to one side, you lose the appeal way to quickly

Mupod

I know, I'm just mixing things up for variety. I also dislike that mode because people think they're being encouraged to make troll teams.

If I do 3v3 solo I get my wins fairly quickly, but it gets harder with friends who don't play the top tier 3v3 characters. Also sometimes I'm just not in that mode where I want to play my ass off and carry with Zenyatta.

ohkay

correct, should just be games played though even if they have to increase the amount of games
That wouldn't work because hen you would just get people AFKing for the loot boxes, which would worsen the experience for people that enjoy the arcade. By making it wins, it forces people to try and participate

That wouldn't work because hen you would just get people AFKing for the loot boxes, which would worsen the experience for people that enjoy the arcade. By making it wins, it forces people to try and participate

Blizzard has an auto-kick after a short amount of inactivity.

Symmetras shield generator should have a shield generation limit or a time limit..

I think that would be a great way to balance it.

Say like, 8 shields generated or 120 seconds of up-time, whichever comes first.

120 seconds seems long though.

Had some absolutely crazy clutch games this morning, now 9 away from 2600 and at a new peak.

I've been getting a loading match loop that won't stop until I close the game at the os level (ps4). This has happened enough times that I got the "quitting the match early well result in a penalty warning." Any advise to fix this issue?

Beatrix

This is so annoying. Just trying to finish my last 3 arcade wins for the box but I keep losing in 3s. Like 5 games in a row. Just wanted to vent. God I just want this loot box lol

komaruR

Bumbletron#1178
TheBumble#11554

you got 2nd account for smurfing?!

I've been getting a loading match loop that won't stop until I close the game at the os level (ps4). This has happened enough times that I got the "quitting the match early well result in a penalty warning." Any advise to fix this issue?
had this happen to me last week. it was happening that whole day. the next time i played, it stopped for me tho.

Top Bottom