• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

caesar

Banned
Nah, PS4 will always be my main. I got PC during the sale and I can check out PTR stuff so when it goes to consoles, I'll be ready. But I'm open to play with PC Gaffers who hate on Junk, lol

Doubt it, game is milesssss better on PC.

Blues1990

Had a pretty decent night tonight. And by decent I meant that I won all of my matches. Had an ilios map where 4 of the opposite team quit halfway through second because we were dominating them in a pretty hilarious way. Felt sorry for the remaining 2.

Good few games blues. Got some rein practice in.

Yeah, thank you for the good games, Whippy. I just wanted to play some Lucio, as I haven't played him in a while. I do want to play some Zarya and Reinhardt the next time we play, though.

Nah, PS4 will always be my main. I got PC during the sale and I can check out PTR stuff so when it goes to consoles, I'll be ready. But I'm open to play with PC Gaffers who hate on Junk, lol

Considering that I keep hearing how awesome you are with Trashmouse, I want to see how good you are with him. Maybe we can play some games in QP sometime?

LiK

Considering that I keep hearing how awesome you are with Trashmouse, I want to see how good you are with him. Maybe we can play some games in QP sometime?

Sure, anytime. Should be interesting to see how good PC players can counter him on PC compared to consoles.

Their Reaper was average at best. Harry could only actually impact the fight with nanoboost or death blossom. He did little to nothing or just straight up fed when there weren't ults being used. Reaper has been relegated to a super niche role now in top competitive play. At lower levels, he's still pretty fine as long as the enemy don't have Dva/Soldier popping off.

Average at best? Yet completely dominating, though.

At lower level play, he's not just fine, he's quite unchallenged. Ever since the McCree nerf, there hasn't been any hard counter to Reaper. Dva isn't that much of a concern, though a good Soldier is indeed the one pretty major counter to Reaper. That's why you have someone else in your team to deal with your enemy hitscan. Reaper is strangely underrated right now. If your enemy team has a Roadhog, a Winston and a Reinhardt, then Reaper has a sweet smörgåsbord to play with.

Why would you ever listen to gaf? Junkray is awesome

Because routinely I come into the thread and see posts like this:

My favourite ones are Junkrats who stand at the enemy spawn, die first and then quit the game. It's always the Junkrat mains. There has to be a correlation between being a Junkrat main and having brain damage.

Since the latest patch there's been more complaining about Sym, D.Va, and 76 though, which is nice...except those are also all who I play. I can't win!

So this happened yesterday... Any thoughts?

JauntyExcitableKronosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Full size: https://gfycat.com/JauntyExcitableKronosaurus

It's not shown in the gif, but I have the video and I very clearly have 4 gold medals before the defeat screen is shown, and during the defeat screen. So I have no idea why I have a card that only says 3 gold medals.

Since you have four gold medals with "all heroes", maybe it's just tallying the Junkrat stats for the card? That's the only thing I can think of if you had four golds before the end of the match.

Skii

Average at best? Yet completely dominating, though.

At lower level play, he's not just fine, he's quite unchallenged. Ever since the McCree nerf, there hasn't been any hard counter to Reaper. Dva isn't that much of a concern, though a good Soldier is indeed the one pretty major counter to Reaper. That's why you have someone else in your team to deal with your enemy hitscan. Reaper is strangely underrated right now. If your enemy team has a Roadhog, a Winston and a Reinhardt, then Reaper has a sweet smörgåsbord to play with.

Dva hard counters Reaper. I play a lot of Dva now in competitive and Reaper 1v1 is a joke. You just alternate between DM and getting easy headshots and you win. If he wraiths, you can chase to the nearest health pack and get it before him.

Pharah is basically a hard counter now because a good one never hits the ground. I see a lot of her at my ranks. Soldier obviously is in every game as well.

And you rarely see the hypothetical enemy team you mentioned. If they're running that, definitely go Reaper but even then, all they have to do is switch Winston to Dva and you're instantly hard countered. It's not like Roadhog is some easy target for Reaper. If you fuck up baiting the hook, you're dead. If you can't kill Hog quickly enough, he just gets biotic grenaded and is at full health again with hook off cool down before your wraith form.

If you're a really good player, Reaper can still carry you to diamond I'm sure but that's the same with a lot of the "weaker" heroes. Definitely doesn't feel like you can really climb with him if you're just average at DPS because you'll always lose fights against average soldiers and average Dvas.

Skii

Happened to me when I wanted to bubble myself to escape with Zarya when my team died. Solo ulted and died instead.

Yeah man. I never had this problem on consoles because ulting was a face button. Man I forgot how to play Zarya yesterday. All NA ults :(

I'll still play with controller just because I'm curious.

Controller on PC? lol.

It'll probably be fine until the game works out your MMR and then you'll face good players.

Jellie

Yeah man. I never had this problem on consoles because ulting was a face button. Man I forgot how to play Zarya yesterday. All NA ults :(

Controller on PC? lol.

It'll probably be fine until the game works out your MMR and then you'll face good players.
Haven't played her in ages. Since Season 2 I think.

It's not like Junkrat needs to aim.

KHlover

Banned
This time they didn't even get to the first point. So we'll draw at worst. Still, win->lose->win->lose still in effect D:

EDIT: And we won. That was fast. 67 more points until Plat

Kysen

Finally made it back into masters after the worst start of the season ever. Didn't matter what I did as a support main, it was loss after loss.
Image above doesn't include my 3-7 placements. I used up all the bonus SR gain just treading water. The only benefit of the losses was that I got over my ladder anxiety as near the end of the streaks I stopped caring.

Its crazy the amount of people who got really high off the bonus SR and have now dropped 100s of rating. Had a widow earlier who was tilted hard, 500 SR drop.

Blues1990

Haven't played her in ages. Since Season 2 I think.

It's not like Junkrat needs to aim.

Technically, he needs to aim in the general direction of where the enemy is. It's not like you can get kills if you aim in the opposite direction, where there is nothing to kill. :p

Jellie

Technically, he needs to aim in the general direction of where the enemy is. It's not like you can get kills if you aim in the opposite direction, where there is nothing to kill. :p

The grenade could bounce of the wall and go in the general direction of the enemy?

KHlover

Banned
Enemy team has THREE leavers. Fuck this game. Blizz needs to ban harder. What the fuck is it about this season that makes so many people leave? Don't remeber this from S2 at all.

Cappa

Banned
Doubt it, game is milesssss better on PC.
Solely based on being able to use a KB/M?

Because besides the PTR, In-Game Text Chat and other suttle things the differences between console and PC are minimal.

You can also technically use a KB/M on consoles using something like the XIM 4, albeit itd be a gray area whether itd be considered cheating or not.

Skii

Enemy team has THREE leavers. Fuck this game. Blizz needs to ban harder. What the fuck is it about this season that makes so many people leave? Don't remeber this from S2 at all.

Free SR tho (that enemy team would've definitely been mine). One more win until platinum probably.

KHlover

Banned
Free SR tho (that enemy team would've definitely been mine). One more win until platinum probably.

They were all plat and diamond. Rather big losing streak if they ended up playing against golds, I suppose.

EDIT: But yeh, I need 34 SR for plat now.

Skii

Solely based on being able to use a KB/M?

Because besides the PTR, In-Game Text Chat and other suttle things the differences between console and PC are minimal.

You can also technically use a KB/M on consoles using something like the XIM 4, albeit itd be a gray area whether itd be considered cheating or not.

Yes. The game is so much faster on PC. Everyone gets kills quicker, ult builds quicker, fights happen quicker. All this is a result of better aiming.

Plus, using KB/M on consoles isn't the same. And it's definitely cheating lol.

rulerk1

Finally made it back into masters after the worst start of the season ever. Didn't matter what I did as a support main, it was loss after loss. Image above doesn't include my 3-7 placements. I used up all the bonus SR gain just treading water. The only benefit of the losses was that I got over my ladder anxiety as near the end of the streaks I stopped caring.

Its crazy the amount of people who got really high off the bonus SR and have now dropped 100s of rating. Had a widow earlier who was tilted hard, 500 SR drop.
What site are you getting those stats from?

Such bullshit. Up 2-0 on Lijiang and then one guy left but came back, 2-1. Then a separate guy left, ended up losing 2-3. I just wanted to play a nice game before work. Fuck this.

Jellie

Yes. The game is so much faster on PC. Everyone gets kills quicker, ult builds quicker, fights happen quicker. All this is a result of better aiming.

Plus, using KB/M on consoles isn't the same. And it's definitely cheating lol.
Plus differently balanced. Pharah and tracer are very strong on console. Widow is very annoying on PC.

KHlover

Banned
Great idea, snag the D.Va away after she went 30-0 in the first round. Lost in the second round because new D.Va didn't do SHIT and now Plat is another victory away. Fuck this game.

komaruR

Yeah I dont think I can play an FPS with a controller ever again now rip.

as one of my friend said, you joined the dark side lol.
i joined the dark side too but went back to ps4 cause I got one of my RL friend to play the ps4 version during free trial and he bought the game. I didn't want to leave him hanging on ps4 alone and also when I went back to ps4, I made it my mission to adapt to L2 as jump, L1 secondary fire, R1 primary fire, L3 Ability 1, R2 Ability 2 as my global button config. It was tough journey but I managed and now can't play without that control scheme on ps4 anymore lol (even on other fps).

I should really go back to playing pc ow again too. my kb/m wasnt all that great back then and now with the long hiatus, its even worse now :(

Finally made it back into masters after the worst start of the season ever. Didn't matter what I did as a support main, it was loss after loss. Image above doesn't include my 3-7 placements. I used up all the bonus SR gain just treading water. The only benefit of the losses was that I got over my ladder anxiety as near the end of the streaks I stopped caring.

Lesson: Play more D.Va and less of everything else?

Paltheos

Great idea, snag the D.Va away after she went 30-0 in the first round. Lost in the second round because new D.Va didn't do SHIT and now Plat is another victory away. Fuck this game.

Trust no one. If I have my heart set on something, I keep my mouse cursor hovered over where the character portrait will be when the select screen pops up.

Is this a website, or are you making this spreadsheet manually?

Edit: Nevermind, need to learn to hit refresh.

Top Bottom