• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That wouldn't work because hen you would just get people AFKing for the loot boxes, which would worsen the experience for people that enjoy the arcade. By making it wins, it forces people to try and participate

There's an extremely strict AFK auti-kick feature in the game

So instead you just get people try-harding in Arcade when it's supposed to be a goof-off mode

"Cheers, Love! The Cavalry's Queer!"

Is that too on the nose?
tumblr_inline_oea6otYZ251riv6xd_540.jpg

MartyStu

Mei with an armor pack and a shield generator boost makes you feel like a mini-tank. I got hit by discord and a biotic grenade while a S76 was shooting at me, and I still had over 100HP left to blizzard all three of them. The 76 ragequit.

Mei's tools already allows her to effectively tank a bunch of damage.

What you describe sounds horrific.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I dunno, actually ran into a setup like that yesterday but they had so little effective dps that we rolled over them even after they had the shield generator down.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I hate how I have like a 25%(at best) chance to win in Winter Mystery. How the fuck does that work? Why do I always end up in losing teams? It can't be all on me. :(

Prelude.

This season is killing my enjoyment of the game very quickly.
I'd really like to know how to go up when every game is cancer.
If I had a new account and played only Widow and Hanzo for my placements I'd be placed probably 1000SR higher.

KiraFA37

Steam sales started so what did I do? I spend 10 euros on lootboxes
send help please!
. I can't grind boxes since my connection has been hit or miss this entire week making the game nearly unplayable but more importantly unenjoyable. It is impossible to even move when you have sudden ping spikes up to 8000 for over a minute, even worse it seems to be an issue with my ISP since they are dropping the packets when the traffic hits their internal netwerk.

so via winter mystery I finally earned my newfangled Symettra Ult and couldn't figure out for the life of me how to switch to shield generator (on PS4).
Even bringing up the character info midmatch heralded nothing unless i'm blind.

LiK

so via winter mystery I finally earned my newfangled Symettra Ult and couldn't figure out for the life of me how to switch to shield generator (on PS4).
Even bringing up the character info midmatch heralded nothing unless i'm blind.

Press triangle to switch between Ults.

AngryMoth

Anyone on ps4 wanna group up right now? I'm not sure if I can take anymore solo queue tonight just had a team with 4 people playing dps and refusing to switch. The game is so enjoyable when you actually work as a team and so frustrating when you don't...

I'm about 2500 by the way

rulerk1

It's one thing if im playing badly but the other 5 are playing horrible too? All six people on the other team are that bad non of them can break through. Ar we that good they cant break thorugh. Are they that good we cant break through? game makes no sense sometimes.

Torokil

I hate how I have like a 25%(at best) chance to win in Winter Mystery. How the fuck does that work? Why do I always end up in losing teams? It can't be all on me. :(

If you get on offense, chances are you're gonna lose. Its heavily biased towards defensive teams right now, especially on Hanamura.

I've been doing my best to become much better with Sombra and some things are clicking especially juggling her abilities so I'm not vulnerable very often and I always have the jump on the other team.

Right now I just fought a team that was clearly in mic communication with each other and were grouped up behind their Reinhardt and bullying with their Dva, Mercy behind healing and powering up...

I found this is where I completely wrecked them. I would make sure whatever health packs near my team were hacked first so I could build ultimate quickly. I would hack the Dva and Rein, fight their Genji over health packs (he can't win) and Ult into their tight knit team and we would mow them down.
We had 3 healers (Mercy, Lucio, Ana) a Roadhog was our only tank.

They pushed close the last point finally as they were in communication with each other and they kept slightly adjusting to our loose plays but I found as often as I could keep harassing their Mercy and pulling down shields at the right time, they would eventually crumble. Their Genji had it out for me but as soon as he'd pull out his deflection, I'd hack him and dance over a hacked health pack to win. He learned to back off a bit after that.

It's been fun learning Sombra better lately.

Antiwhippy

i cannot crack gold SQ'ing.

I went to platinum with a mix of solo Qing and grouped, but the groups I'm in are pretty much people I've met up in Solo Q.

I thought it would be hard for me to do when I went down to as low as 1800s and floating in the 2100s, but you really just need to get a good streak going.

Anne

This season has been very streak heavy in general for a lot of people. Even high level streamers are getting massive streaks in either direction.

Antiwhippy

That hasn't really been my experience really. I've only had 2 really good streaks which are the ones that got me promoted. Most times I've been trading wins and losses somewhat evenly-ish. Like somedays I'll go 3 wins for 1 loss or 1 loss for 3 wins.

Haven't had a bad losing streak yet though, thankfully.

Antiwhippy

Also i know it's been different for everyone but the sr system is working out pretty well for me this season. A lot of very close matches win or lose, and a lot less blowouts either way.

I went to platinum with a mix of solo Qing and grouped, but the groups I'm in are pretty much people I've met up in Solo Q.

I thought it would be hard for me to do when I went down to as low as 1800s and floating in the 2100s, but you really just need to get a good streak going.
I am still waiting on my good streak after going from 2400 to 1300. 5 man resurrects and taking care of that pharah just hasnt been enough to pull me out. I am definitely not toxic about it, just hopeful that this very humbling experience makes me really great at FPS games soon. If nothing else I will be at 0 SR soon and no where to go but up then.

Friend me if you like! NinthPixel#1390 (North America, PC)

Top Bottom