• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Yeah Mercy can probably carry to masters at least actually but not too sure about Junkrat. I just vehemently hate Junkrat because of what they do at gold/platinum level.

What do they do? I play junkrat as my main dps at plat and if they don't have a pharah or winston, I can generally wreck house. Though you always have those annoying people "we don't NEED a junkrat".

Jellie

Nah, Mei got the last hit on Genji with her left click as he was falling. It's hard to tell in the GIF, though.

Oh did he die before he fell there? I could see the Mei left clicking him but I assumed she slowed him down to the point where he fell down for an environmental kill.

Blues1990

Oh did he die before he fell there? I could see the Mei left clicking him but I assumed she slowed him down to the point where he fell down for an environmental kill.

Earlier, I had landed a bodyshot at Genji (which had taken a huge chunk of his health) and finished him off with my ice spray. He didn't fall into the pit from my spray, but it would've been hilarious, all the same.

I can't right now but PS4? Add me, PSN: BioSpock

I'm on PC, I'm afraid. Sorry. :(

Jellie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNR4TCUJtKc

Single best pharah dart I've pulled so far
Got this dart on Pharah just now. Not as good as a mid air dart though but I liked how the death was swift.
Earlier, I had landed a bodyshot at Genji (which had taken a huge chunk of his health) and finished him off with my ice spray. He didn't fall into the pit from my spray, but it would've been hilarious, all the same.

I'm on PC, I'm afraid. Sorry. :(
Yeah I've seen it happen a few times where somebody tries to recover from a fall only to get slowed by Mei and fall. Always funny
except when it happens to me of course.

antitrop

Just barely. His corpse actually landed on the very tip of the edge, before ragdolling off.

fEvmFJY.png

Fancolors

Ideally, I want a team to group up with me for comp. But I'm down to play, regardless.

Speaking of which, anyone want to join me? I really want to get to 2500, at the very least.

Maybe not now, but I'll probably be available later. Fancolors#1108

e: btw seagull is streaming now if anyone is interested.

When you've got a McCree and a 76 in your team and the enemy Pharah is still flying around building up her kill streak, you know the next 15 minutes are not going to be pleasant.

antitrop

I'd replace Mercy with Sombra, there. I still haven't seen a team with a Sombra on it win a Competitive game I was in this season. Not the same case with Mercy.

I think Sombra might be the worst character in the entire game, right now. Yeah, they don't want to Ana 2.0 her, but she fucking sucks, straight up.

Kurumi

I'd replace Mercy with Sombra, there. I still haven't seen a team with a Sombra on it win a Competitive game I was in this season. Not the same case with Mercy.

I think Sombra might be the worst character in the entire game, right now. Yeah, they don't want to Ana 2.0 her, but she fucking sucks, straight up.

Yea Sombra is definitely terrible right now. I try to use her but I just can't do much with her. It sucks because I like her as a character.

Just had a pretty crazy run as Soldier 76 in competitive. Won a game on Nepal 3-1, and then four of us decided to stick together as a group and picked up a fifth on the next map, and strung together four victories in a row (longest winning streak I've ever had in Comp). We had a team of five who all stuck to their roles and did really well and it was probably the best result of the group up function I've had so far in the game.

Yea Sombra is definitely terrible right now. I try to use her but I just can't do much with her. It sucks because I like her as a character.

It's kind of funny that everybody was thinking she was going to be crazy OP when her abilities were announced, and after a week or two in circulation everyone just ended up like "meh, whatever." I've seen some good Sombras, but they're more because they're functioning well as a team. I've yet to see a solo Sombra do well.

Trey

i wouldnt be too hasty with sombra. There hasn't been much work done into making her work by the pros, and everyone else just follows whatever meta they set.

all we can say for sure is that in the tank dominant meta, she isn't very useful. i feel that sombra would've done much better in earlier incarnations of the game, especially on defense.

Had a sombra main in comp about 20+ hours who was doing "okay" but ended up switching cause having a more synergised and experienced comp that doesnt rely so heavily on coordination with randoms was probably more important than playing their main

i wouldnt be too hasty with sombra. There hasn't been much work done into making her work by the pros, and everyone else just follows whatever meta they set.

all we can say for sure is that in the tank dominant meta, she isn't very useful. i feel that sombra would've done much better in earlier incarnations of the game, especially on defense.

I think Sombra definitely has potential when people aren't running around with 600 HP in armor, yeah. I had a good game with her where I was basically the "run around back and hunt down the shield generator" person while the rest of my team fought on the payload. So there's definitely use for her, especially if the shield generator becomes more popular.

Vixdean

I love how you pretty know if a match will be a waste of time or not in the first 5 seconds of character selection. Did someone pick Torb on Attack? Did nobody choose a tank? Did anyone pick Sombra? May as well just quit.

My Reaper POTG today

"He just held left click" was one of the comments on chat. Fair tbh.

I mean, it is a game where you kill things by hitting left click.

I love how you pretty know if a match will be a waste of time or not in the first 5 seconds of character selection. Did someone pick Torb on Attack? Did nobody choose a tank? Did anyone pick Sombra? May as well just quit.

I try to give people the benefit of a doubt, but man when you instalock torb and do fuck all for 5 rounds of Gibraltar I want to strangle you.

Or like the Widow that claims she'll get picks then spends her time on the front line pretending to be Soldier 76...

Welp, back to 2515 after a dozen or so matches. Just a brutal up and down that took me from 2605 to almost below 2500.

Prelude.

I've won, stomped even, with 3 healers, junkrat, tracer, zarya or d.va, zen on solo heal, 4 dps in this season. You actually never know what you're running into until you get to the first choke and see how committed the team is.

It's actually pretty embarrassing how easy it is to destroy/get destroyed just because of an off-meta hero left unattended.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Why is Bastion so low in competitive? I'm asking from a "really new to comp" perspective. Seems like you can't get people away from him in QP or low level comp.
He's easy to shut down because he has to be stationary to be useful. He does well at lower levels because people don't realize he needs to be stopped as soon as you see him,and end up getting mowed down. Past a certain point, bastion will always get shielded or targeted down immediately, and he doesn't have enough health to withstand more than a few hits from anyone.

If you pick bastion after a certain point, you will likely die very quickly while contributing very little every time you enter the fight.

cyborg009

Banned
Made a genji and a D.va waste over a minute trying find my shield generator but when they finally took it down. My team got ran through :\

He's easy to shut down because he has to be stationary to be useful. He does well at lower levels because people don't realize he needs to be stopped as soon as you see him,and end up getting mowed down. Past a certain point, bastion will always get shielded or targeted down immediately, and he doesn't have enough health to withstand more than a few hits from anyone.

If you pick bastion after a certain point, you will likely die very quickly while contributing very little every time you enter the fight.

To be fair, the "Surprise Bastion" tactic has won and lost me quite a few games in the Master/Grandmaster range.

Enemy team was using the typical stall setup on Hanamura's first point (Symmetra, Mei, Mercy, Reinhardt, Roadhog, and Soldier). We couldn't rush in without getting wiped, and we couldnt get any picks. I went Bastion. Ended up winning because we caught them by such surprise on the first point (I think their Symmetra was waiting to place her teleporter), and rushed them before they could setup on the second.

I still occasionally see teams having him sit on the payload with a Rein shield and pocket Mercy, and if the other team doesnt swap to counter it or trickle back in 1 by 1 then GG.

Skii

Today's competitive has been mentally exhausting. I can carry my team to victory as much as I want but that will never stop me from being unlucky enough to have someone leave my team in two consecutive games. I just want to be the guy on the other team for once. This always happens to me and I just can't climb because of it.

And I also won today and only gained 2 SR.

I'm really hating this season not even for the meta but because it's absolutely rife with trolls and leavers.

Today's competitive has been mentally exhausting. I can carry my team to victory as much as I want but that will never stop me from being unlucky enough to have someone leave my team in two consecutive games. I just want to be the guy on the other team for once. This always happens to me and I just can't climb because of it.

I'm really hating this season not even for the meta but because it's absolutely rife with trolls and leavers.

I haven't had this much issues with trolls/rage quitters in Season 1 or 2 either.

Tanked like 100 points the other night because some kid decided groups not joining the team chat was an excuse to go Torbjorn and troll. Also ran into 2 of the trolls I posted videos of in the past in this thread, no surprise when they are on the other team they play seriously.

Prelude.

So here's the plan: for S3 we take your final score of a season where trash players were pushed up into gold and platinum, we subtract a couple hundreds points, we take the results of your placements and give you 5 to 10 points based on your performance, and that's your S3 starting SR. Clearly, you'll have an ezpz time climbing up since you'll be playing against lower skilled players. What do you think?

Sounds good!

So here's the plan: for S3 we take your final score of a season where trash players were pushed up into gold and platinum, we subtract a couple hundreds points, we take the results of your placements and give you 5 to 10 points based on your performance, and that's your S3 starting SR. Clearly, you'll have an ezpz time climbing up since you'll be playing against lower skilled players. What do you think?

Sounds good!

They did massively boost the SR gain from your first bunch of wins.

My matches every night recently:

steamroll loss
very close win
draw

end result: no progress, usually minor SR loss. Getting bored of it, I want out of platinum.

Prelude.

They did massively boost the SR gain from your first bunch of wins.
What if you can't win because every single game is complete garbage with people throwing, trolling and leaving?
My very first match, even if I ended up winning somehow, had people insulting each other and GGing after 3 minutes because we couldn't get past the choke.

Ambient80

Rare achievements for Xbox One feel so satisfying. Recently got a bunch of various hero Ults and a 1% one for destroying three Symmetra teleporters in a match. Feels good man.

Anastasis

Just picked up the game a couple of weeks ago. A few friends did as well making a team of 4. We have one pretty much set on Road Hog, one a healer (mainly Mercy, but trying out others). Any suggestions to round out the other two on our team given Road Hog and Mercy? Thanks!

Chance

Just picked up the game a couple of weeks ago. A few friends did as well making a team of 4. We have one pretty much set on Road Hog, one a healer (mainly Mercy, but trying out others). Any suggestions to round out the other two on our team given Road Hog and Mercy? Thanks!

Soldier and second tank or second healer.

Or better yet, see whatever the randoms you hook up with pick and let the other two on your team float to produce a good comp. At most levels of play you want 2 dps, 2 support, 2 tanks.

LiK

What do they do? I play junkrat as my main dps at plat and if they don't have a pharah or winston, I can generally wreck house. Though you always have those annoying people "we don't NEED a junkrat".

I ignore those people. The only hero we never need is Widow.

Top Bottom