• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

cyborg009

Banned
3 gold medals as symmetra on defend on eichwalde then on attack as pharah I destroyed the shield generator and for some reason my teammates couldn't push in. I switched to winston for one last push and for some reason I see our ana fighting a rein instead of healing. I was happy that was a draw.

Nimby

Banned
I decided to do a little stat-tracking. Wanted to see what overall usage for each hero was on a patch per patch basis. Pro tourneys only.

czv0HTX.png

11/21-26: Apex Semis + Dreamhack (Data from winstonslab.com)
12/1-4: Apex Final + Alienware Merry Melee (Data from winstonslab.com)
12/10-13: Winter Premiere Open Play (Data compiled by me)
12/16-19: IEM + MLG Vegas (Data from winstonslab.com)
12/20-23: Apex Season 2 Promo (Data compiled by me)

Notes:
- Average % is calculated by a weighted average, based on the amount of footage from each column. If you're confused the chart is basically saying Lucio was used 94.45% of the time this patch and so on for each character excluding Symmetra who was used 2.74% of the time after her rework.
- Symmetra is still pretty early and teams haven't had time to practice her or have decided to play it safe, mostly the former though. Because the only changes from the Sombra patch to the Symmetra patch was Symmetra herself and a minor change to Zarya's shields, both patches are combined and her usage wasn't counted before her rework, hence the blank spaces.

Xero

kinda want to start playing some more with gaffers Have my name in the gaf user id list (fenrirw0lf#1642) how do you guys usually end up playing with each other? Should I just start adding everyone I see on the gaf user id list I signed up for discord should I go through that instead and just start inviting people when I play?

Just seen a next level troll. Was Widow/Hanzo all of first round of Anubis and literally didn't get a single kill. Second round I snatch Widow and someone else got Hanzo, so he goes Mercy and just runs around with his Pistol all game.

Not even sure why he did it....he had like 10+ hours as Mei and Soldier, and no time as Widow or Hanzo.

rulerk1

Just seen a next level troll. Was Widow/Hanzo all of first round of Anubis and literally didn't get a single kill. Second round I snatch Widow and someone else got Hanzo, so he goes Mercy and just runs around with his Pistol all game.

Not even sure why he did it....he had like 10+ hours as Mei and Soldier, and no time as Widow or Hanzo.

god i hate when ppl do stuff like that. It makes no sense. Was this comp tho

Tidalwave

Tanking games to drop down low enough to play with his friends. This has happened to me before too. So infuriating.

ricelord

just hit a season high of 3995 and i'm thinking to myself "just one more win and grandrmaster city baby", precedes to lose the next game and now i need 31 sr. Like every time i need one more game to rank up we some how lose the game.

god i hate when ppl do stuff like that. It makes no sense. Was this comp tho

Yup, and they were at their peak rank too. So either throwing for friends or they just really liked trolling

I thought Overwatch was gonna be one of those games I play until the servers shut down or something better comes along, but I feel like the community is gonna kill this game for me. We really need some sort of report feature on console. I'd go to PC but I'd have to start from scratch plus I wouldn't have any of my limited skins

Laputa_94

This season has primarily been losses and draws The only reason I still play competitive is really that I like the rule set better. That is aside from the idea that I could get to master, but that dream shatters rather fast. More importantly I already got all the things from the Christmas even and I didn't even buy loot boxes for once.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This snowball brawl is awful, just like the Nova brawl in HotS the other week. I get half the kills but my team is so bad we still lose. Since it's 3 rounds it's maddening to keep driving at it to try and get a win for the loot box.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I kept getting Symm at least twice a game for 6 or 7 games before I got my first win.
I've had separate games where I'll get the same 1st and 2nd hero and at least three times on the defending side there's been 3 Widowmakers on my team defending the last point on King's Row.

xaosslug

the OW gawds tried to break me today by giving me all 3 KotH maps back-to-back-to-back and up against teams w/ upwards of 100+ point deficit, but I persevered! :D

cyborg009

Banned
I actually used a symmetra teleporter today which is rare. My team got wreck my team by a widowmaker killing 3 people and others were dying. I got my ultimate again after the first shield generator got destroy. drop it and we were able to defend the point again.

finalflame

yeah, a lot of peeps would rather do KotH maps, but I have terrible luck with them. Always grouped w/ peeps that can't seem to kill. So, I dread them. LOL

Yah, can be super frustrating when your team is able to take the point in the initial team fight, but then loses it at the subsequent fight and just trickles for the rest of the match :/ happens far too often, even when actively trying to get people to coordinate.

Try 7x in row.

;'(

My condolences :( 2CP is becoming more and more the bane of my existence as someone who almost exclusively solo queues. It's so hard to pull off the required coordination to take Point B with randoms.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It can be a blessing and a curse. I actually find that I do take point B more often than not, but sometimes you end up on what you think it's a really bad team and think "oh thank god I can probably just get away with a draw".

https://youtu.be/o4s1BGAG-Jc

Who needs a sniper when Rein can snipe

My condolences :( 2CP is becoming more and more the bane of my existence as someone who almost exclusively solo queues. It's so hard to pull off the required coordination to take Point B with randoms.

Been getting a ton of 2CP today. In solo queue, I've pretty much come to the conclusions that the only way to win is not even losing the first point. Cause the chances of getting the 2nd point are so low. If your team gets the first, do everything to prevent the other team from getting the first.

finalflame

Been getting a ton of 2CP today. In solo queue, I've pretty much come to the conclusions that the only way to win is not even losing the first point. Cause the chances of getting the 2nd point are so low. If your team gets the first, do everything to prevent the other team from getting the first.

Yah, that's a good way to go about it, assuming your team has the coordination/comp to hold Point A. The other thing that tilts me is when people don't understand the concept of "hey we lost point A, just retreat to B so we can do a full hold" and then we get fucking steamrolled because 2 people are still respawning and we get hammered/staggered 6v4.

Oh, Overwatch.

Look who just made masters on PC.

'gratz bud, what was your placement?

Rynam

D.Va was Pharah/Soldier levels as of last patch. Capable heroes who were either outclassed or had issues because of the current heroes ran.

Bottom 5 I would say now is:
Hanzo
Torbjorn
Mercy
Junkrat
Bastion

I played Mercy a couple times yesterday and really like her, is she really not viable in competition? :(

ElyrionX

I stopped being such a tryhard and yoloed away with Genji and finally broke my losing streak. Got carried by two teammates lol. When we lost point A on Hanamura in like 1-2 minutes, I thought it was over but somehow we managed to hang on to point B.

Nimby

Banned
3 or more tanks has become the norm for team comp in Overwatch. If you're running 3 tanks, you have to run Ana for that composition to work. Mercy has some issues, but if you're not running 3 tanks I think she is a fine healer. The issue being that the triple tank comp works so well you better have know what you're doing/have a plan if you're gonna run Mercy into it.

Shouta

I really need to stop filling out teams in comp and just go DPS. Too many shitty ones and there's not much I can do to change the tide of the game on healer. I had two guys that refused to get off Hanzo or Widowmaker and just didn't do any damage. One of those Hanzos complained when I switched off Zarya because we weren't getting anywhere. All he wanted to do was apparently hit Dragonstrike when I Graviton'd them. Tumbled from 3100 to 2900 because of idiots tonight.

AbaFadi

Banned
I really need to stop filling out teams in comp and just go DPS. Too many shitty ones and there's not much I can do to change the tide of the game on healer. I had two guys that refused to get off Hanzo or Widowmaker and just didn't do any damage. One of those Hanzos complained when I switched off Zarya because we weren't getting anywhere. All he wanted to do was apparently hit Dragonstrike when I Graviton'd them. Tumbled from 3100 to 2900 because of idiots tonight.

I instalock tank because it's the only thing I'm good at and I've accepted that already.

Moonkid

This entire week has been a steady downwards spiral for me and not from playing worse either. Feels like I'm wasting time lol, but it always get worse before it gets better right :D?

is there seriously no way to report players on ps4? had a dude who was clearly afking somehow make it the whole game because his stick was drifting

is there seriously no way to report players on ps4? had a dude who was clearly afking somehow make it the whole game because his stick was drifting

all you need are two elastic bands - band the sticks together and the character will run in a circle, then band R2 down and the character will always shoot (and automatically reload because of how overwatch works)

all you need are two elastic bands - band the sticks together and the character will run in a circle, then band R2 down and the character will always shoot (and automatically reload because of how overwatch works)
Yeah he was clearly afking because he was just moving really fucking slowly in a weird pattern the entire game

I'd never do that because I'm not human garbage, there's no reason to afk in overwatch besides loot boxes and i'd be worried about messing up my controller durability

Still, weird there wasn't a report option

AbaFadi

Banned

Not that I know of. There's a lot of people throwing on ps4 this season and there's nothing you can really do about it sadly. From what I hear on PC reporting people doesn't really do anything either.

KiraFA37

Had a good run in comp yesterday evening, I played around 7 matches with atleast 4 of those being Nepal, only lost 2 matcehs in total, exclusively played as Lucio. Almost had some guy throw a match because some other dude went Torbjorn on Dorade defense (not the optimal choice in my opinion) so he went Symmetra, in the end after the Torb switched and with some insistence from the team he also changed. Won Dorada in the end since we picked a good comp on attack. On Kings Row we had a player go surprise Bastion on both attack and defense on the final hallway, we actually won the match thanks to that.

Overall some good games with some good players, unfortunately nobody except me did something resembling comms over voice except one guy on one game. I'm just gunna keep calling out where the enemy is even if the don't respond, can't hurt right? Back up to 2729 up from the low 2600. Diamond comes closer yet again

Was working on my placement matches last night and had 5 of 6 matches ruined by quitters. In 3 games my team quickly pushed through to the objective and an opponent quit, cancelling the match. In others one of my own teammates left part way through the game. In one of them, we were about 45 seconds from winning on attack after a good defense. Pretty frustrating.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The traditional Christmas eve dinner stomach bug had curbed my plans for some weekend Overwatch. Good thing probably.

Happy holidays peeps

JHall

When you're soloing through diamond, you're going to need to insta-lock DPS or a flex tank like Zarya/DVA/Road. You can't trust people at that level to do anything right. I'm constantly having Soldiers and McCrees at my level (3800) not being able to shoot a damn Pharah. So I end up pulling double duty as Ana shooting the Pharah and healing my team.

TheChaos0

What is the counter for this?

The same as always - Genji. You'll have to get right next to him though and shoot in the back. Every Bastion player will instinctively shoot and die to reflect. Especially, at the level where you see this play. Tracer's Q is always good as well.

Lost 150 SR yesterday night. Was trying to close the night at 2600, was "1 more win" so many times, then snowballed down. Hanzo mains why do you exist and how do you rank up above bronze!?

Had a few good games though. Dorado. We attacked first, only took point A and then almost got it to point B. The team morale wasn't positive. We lost A fairly fast but I was like high ground guys! Me (Dva), soldier and Ana were at the top, shooting down on them. One poor Genji would come up to play with us and run away. Then near the end, they almost started to move the payload, I got behind them, quite a fair bit but still in los and launched my Meka bomb... Boom quad kill. The payload never reached the middle of that road.

caesar

Banned
Well carried my friend from 2150 to 2500 in 7 games, we lost one at the end because of a disconnect unfortunately. What's this elo hell again? :p

Top Bottom