• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Prelude.

This snowball brawl is awful, just like the Nova brawl in HotS the other week. I get half the kills but my team is so bad we still lose. Since it's 3 rounds it's maddening to keep driving at it to try and get a win for the loot box.
The Nova brawl was awesome because there was almost no downtime, unlike the Mei one. That's how this brawl should have been.

Well carried my friend from 2150 to 2500 in 7 games, we lost one at the end because of a disconnect unfortunately. What's this elo hell again? :p
Better be online later. :^) Where did you place?

Sooo what's a good sens in general for FPS games on PC? I've mainly been playing Overwatch almost exclusively on Xbox and am Diamond level. I bought Overwatch for PC and it will be my first real competitive FPS for the platform.

Right now I'm level 13 and I believe I've been playing with DPI 500 and in game sens at 7. Polling rate 1000. 144hz monitor. My mechanical skills seem to be "okay" but it honestly just might be my knowledge of the game carrying me at low levels. :p Except Zarya. She is like the only character I'm comfortable with on PC. Any tips? Is it just something you get use to? Wrist or arm for aiming?

Azoor

Sooo what's a good sens in general for FPS games on PC? I've mainly been playing Overwatch almost exclusively on Xbox and am Diamond level. I bought Overwatch for PC and it will be my first real competitive FPS for the platform.

Right now I'm level 13 and I believe I've been playing with DPI 500 and in game sens at 7. Polling rate 1000. 144hz monitor. My mechanical skills seem to be "okay" but it honestly just might be my knowledge of the game carrying me at low levels. :p Except Zarya. She is like the only character I'm comfortable with on PC. Any tips? Is it just something you get use to? Wrist or arm for aiming?

Try your best practicing with your arm, that's what I heard the pros are doing.

caesar

Banned
The Nova brawl was awesome because there was almost no downtime, unlike the Mei one. That's how this brawl should have been.

Better be online later. :^) Where did you place?

One more left, thinking it will be diamond. Im going to a christmas party but ill be on for a bit.

Can anyone tell me how fast your SR is dropping when you're not playing ?

Gonna visit my folks for a week and I gotta know if I need to take my PS4 with me.

I'm diamond @3200, not sure if that changes anything

Blues1990

I would first recommend practicing with aiming with your arm, which is a habit you should get into. Most of the professional Overwatch players (such as Seagull) have their mouse settings at 1600DPI and 4, but it's really up to you to adjust the settings to your own liking.

There's a practice range in the Tutorials section on the main menu, where you can go and mess around with the settings. Go there to practice. If you need any character specific settings, feel free to ask.

Theorry

QP is such a soul crushing thing. We have one Ana in our team. And offcourse the person was AFK the whole time. He finally comes back the next round. What does he do? Switching to freaking Hanzo.....

Rizzi

Full premade group vs a pug. Oh but it's balanced because two of the people on my team were grouped up and not communicating with the rest of the team.
Truly the matchmaking in this game is amazingly fair.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
OMG OMG OMG Gold circle I can finally get my nutyetta....

Stunt rider: 76 FUCK.

I swear to god if I have to buy lootboxes to get my nutyetta....

edit: fuck it, just did that. Whatever, it's christmas.

At least I got nutyetta.

GeeTeeCee

Decided to finally start my placement matches for season 3.

Outbteam is working well together and comfortably takes a 2-0 lead. So of course, one of our team members decides to go AFK for the third round and drop out of the match. It was only down to some of the best last-ditch team play I've ever seen, a surprisingly scrappy performance as 76 by myself, and the best damn Mercy I've ever had the honour of working alongside that we only just managed to take the third round.

I'm now very aware of exactly why I stopped playing Ranked.

Jellie

Some really weird games today. Managed to get a draw with an attack junkrat and widow on anubis somehow. Then unable to beat a team who had hanzo, widow, torb and junkrat on defence on Hollywood. Then barely managing to beat a team who had no supports on Eichenwalde.

How many games does the bonus after placements last for? I'm got 42 and 45 for my two wins and two draws today. Was on a streak of 3 before but the streak bonus doesn't kick in till 5+ wins I think and that was my 4th and 5th win of the streak?

Antiwhippy

Some really weird games today. Managed to get a draw with an attack junkrat and widow on anubis somehow. Then unable to beat a team who had hanzo, widow, torb and junkrat on defence on Hollywood. Then barely managing to beat a team who had no supports on Eichenwalde.

How many games does the bonus after placements last for? I'm got 42 and 45 for my two wins and two draws today. Was on a streak of 3 before but the streak bonus doesn't kick in till 5+ wins I think and that was my 4th and 5th win of the streak?

40-50 games by my estimate.

Blues1990

Shoulda saved up your coins.

That's what I did, and I was able to get most of the goodies for the Winter Wonderland event. The Toast emotes for Reinhardt, Ana, and Pharah are the ones I wanted to obtain, as it's hilarious to see Reinhardt with the big ass mug.

Also, I found this to be a great way to fix Lucio, with ideas thrown out by a professional Lucio player.

How to Fix Lucio

Can anyone tell me how fast your SR is dropping when you're not playing ?

Gonna visit my folks for a week and I gotta know if I need to take my PS4 with me.

I'm diamond @3200, not sure if that changes anything

I think it s 25 SR a day after 7 days.

But if you win a match, expect to shoot up by 80 points for a while, while losses will get you like -2 or something.

I took 3 weeks off when Rise of Iron came out for Destiny and I was gaining almost 150SR a game and not dropping at all from losses until I got back to my original spot.

ElyrionX

Has there been any word on whether the old seasonal skins will be unlockable again? I stopped playing for a while and totally missed out on the white Genji skin which looks amazing.

I actually had volskaya, hanamura and anubis in a row today and won all 3 of them. :p

Oh don't worry I got Anubis again and we got steamrolled, so things do change

saTKPJA.png

Another unchecked Pharah, another fun match

Edit : Thanks for the reply Kor

Plum

Hs there been any word on whether the old seasonal skins will be unlockable again? I stopped playing for a while and totally missed out on the white Genji skin which looks amazing.

They'll likely be available when the events roll around again, so Summer, Halloween and Christmas. It only makes sense seeing as they're still in the game.

I really hope this is the case seeing as I've played so much this christmas yet I haven't had Santa Torb, Nutyetta or Yeti Winston, the only three skins I actually wanted.

AngryMoth

Does anyone ever get this bug where when a match starts you continuously get kicked ack to the main menu during the loading screen then automatically rejoining the match on a loop? Just happened to me now and had it a few times before. Don't think it was a connection problem cos my wifi was still up and my brother managed to get into the game successfully on the same connection.

10 minute ban and 50 rank points lost, fucking annoying man. Overwatch gods just don't want me to gain SR this season

Antiwhippy

When your zen 4K to win the game at the end didn't get PotG because the enemy dva shitted out a Q when reinhardt earthshattered.

Anne

I made some good posts about this earlier in the thread starting here http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=226518040&highlight=#post226518040

Arm aim tends to be the favored style these days, like others said. Just try out the various techniques on different settings until something feels right. (you won't be landing flick shots for a bit if this is your first FPS, but it doesn't hurt to know the technique in relation to your sens sinc eyou will eventually pick it up).

I'm a decently ranked player that focuses on the mechanically heavy DPS, so if you want to ask anything specific I can answer. I'll tell you right now that 500 DPI @ 7 sens is actually on the really low end. That's even a pretty good step lower than me, and I consider myself to be about towards the bottom of what is "acceptable". You sure that's what you're using? That's well over a foot just to turn around.

P.S. If you ever wanna QP on PC hit us up. A few of us play pretty often. I'm on a break cause lol tanks and I have a tournament to run, but I will still get on and mess with QP.

Fancolors

I think I found my first bot. It was on 1v1 and would just walk in circles and shoot on the groud. The thirst for lootboxes must be real.

Blues1990

I think I found my first bot. It was on 1v1 and would just walk in circles and shoot on the groud. The thirst for lootboxes must be real.

Yeah, some people are weird like that. I just think it's stupidly hilarious that they will go to such means for cosmetic goods.

Feels so good using reaper again. Hadn't used him yet this season as I thought it'd be useless against diamonds but nope, I'm still wrecking fools and blossoming my way to undeserved potgs (sorry whippy).

ISOM

I wish we could customize ults like giving it the ability to have different voicelines or animations when activating them.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
tfw you defend objective really well up to when there is 1 second left on it then the other team wrestles it from you in overtime and slowly wins the game

to be fair it was the christmas random hero mode so maybe we didn't know our stuffs

for some reason training mode keeps kicking me for inactivity so it's hard to learn heroes out of match

AngryMoth

I fucking hate Mercy's that hang onto their ult for the entire round waiting for the 4 or 5 man res instead of using it to res one or 2 people in order to win/secure a team fight

AbaFadi

Banned
I fucking hate Mercy's that hang onto their ult for the entire round waiting for the 4 or 5 man res instead of using it to res one or 2 people in order to win/secure a team fight

Yeah I never seem to have a smart mercy on my team who knows how to hide for a good ult, but the enemy team seems to always get 3 or 4 man rez every time.

Blues1990

I wish we could customize ults like giving it the ability to have different voicelines or animations when activating them.

I personally wish the skins had more character-context voice lines, such as how Torbjorn in his Barbarossa/Blackbeard skin should yell "YAR! BLOW THE MAN DOWN!" when he activates his Molton Core, or Mako/Sharkbait Roadhog could say "Yo Ho Ho!" with his ultimate ability.

Now I want a Junkrat & D.Va to have their respective pirate skins that are named 'Freebooter' & 'Wokou.' McCree would be a fun candidate to see what he would look like as a swashbuckler.

Grisby

I personally wish the skins had more character-context voice lines, such as how Torbjorn in his Barbarossa/Blackbeard skin should yell "YAR! BLOW THE MAN DOWN!" when he activates his Molton Core, or Mako/Sharkbait Roadhog could say "Yo Ho Ho!" with his ultimate ability.

Now I want a Junkrat & D.Va to have their respective pirate skins that are named 'Freebooter' & 'Wokou.' McCree would be a fun candidate to see what he would look like as a swashbuckler.
They probably will. I think they're getting better with that.

Mercy's got the:
"My servants never die!"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The number one thing they need to do is different music for all of Lucio's skins.

And I want different themed music. Where's Darksynth Lucio?

The best Mercies I've seen know when to res, regardless if it's a 2 man or a full team res. Sometimes you just need that 2 man res to make the win.

Top Bottom