• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Symphonic

Nice a great reinhardt is always needed (apart from koth)

Sounds accurate from what I remember. Maybe it really is accurate.
PC
py9jqPA.jpg

PS4
SwT9Igx.jpg

Maybe I should come join you and Lik back on PS4

Yo what app is that

eek5

some time i run into a wuss team too. like you're the only one in the point contesting or like you where keeping 2 or more enemy busy going after you but your team was suppose to be a 5v4 advantage and still cant take the point.

Yeah sometimes shit is really bad. I've had situations where I got into the point and pulled 4 of their team back to fight me as Dva. I must've stayed alive there for a solid minute fighting 1v4 and my team never showed up. they couldn't get past 5v2? wtf?

Blues1990

I've been messing around with Sombra on the PTR, and like Ana, she's definitely a tricky character to utilize. I find that targeting heroes that heavily rely on their abilities are the better targets than those who don't.

Roadhog is a good example of this, as without his self-healing and hook, it doesn't take long before the heavy hitters can chew him up. Pharah, however, isn't fazed when she loses her Jump Jet or Concussion Missile, as she can still hover and do solid damage with her rocket launcher.

hesido

People of GAF.

I've re-entered the Platinum zone for the 3rd time. (2255 -> 2520 -> 2260 -> 2580 -> 2360 -> 2515) -> Entirely solo queue

Is it wise to leave it here and reap the benefits for the next season in case they use my track record, before I go into a lose spree again after god knows how many times? Does anyone have any idea how they will use the season records, because I remember they would like to use this info for the next placement? (Where I leave or how I did during the seasons as a whole?)

komaruR

i know I'm not necessarily a good representation of the average player. But when I hear people say things like we always have a leaver on my team, or we never have a healer; those comments drive me nuts, because the odds of those exact same scenarios playing out in your favor, as in applying to the other team) are just as likely.

The truth is, you are the only constant when you solo queue. Both sides are going to see leavers, both sides trolls, both sides stubborn picks.
I kinda agree. Since most leaver happens when they see the team get steamrolled on the first round. Being on the steamrolled team, means you havent done enough to atleast prevent the massacre. Best to reflect and think what you could have done better.

Now of course I've been on team where we were up 2-0 koth but suddenly someone on the team d/c and never came back and lost 2-3. Those are really disheartening.

Finally got round to doing my placements, 7 wins and 3 losses got me plat. Same placement as last season. Shame I never find anyone who is down to play Overwatch all the time, maybe the season rewards will make up for that.

eek5

People of GAF.

I've re-entered the Platinum zone for the 3rd time. (2255 -> 2520 -> 2260 -> 2580 -> 2360 -> 2515) -> Entirely solo queue

Is it wise to leave it here and reap the benefits for the next season in case they use my track record, before I go into a lose spree again after god knows how many times? Does anyone have any idea how they will use the season records, because I remember they would like to use this info for the next placement? (Where I leave or how I did during the seasons as a whole?)
You're probably going to have to place again next season anyway and if you're capable of pulling yourself from 2200 to 2500 that easily I don't see why it would matter.

Alucrid

Banned
People of GAF.

pretty sure they give you the rewards based on the highest rank you've achieved, at least at diamond and below

Nice a great reinhardt is always needed (apart from koth)

Sounds accurate from what I remember. Maybe it really is accurate.
PC

PS4
Maybe I should come join you and Lik back on PS4
Please do. :)

I'm not a huge fan of all characters getting hurt by their accuracy stats though. McCree, Widow etc. fine. But Tracer Dva characters like that? you don't really try or care to get a good accuracy stat with them. I want my grandmaster status and my gold accuracy that really doesn't matter is holding me back. Lol

Cool app though.

komaruR

talking about placement, I recently did the placement on my smurf with a friend on ps4. on the one account that i didn't want to get high SR since he's a low gold, now down to silver, the placement put me 80 SR out of the 1000 range :( Hopefully 1herolimit comes so I can play with my friend. I'm trying to teach him the ropes of competitive play. Too much bs from hero stacking.

hesido

You're probably going to have to place again next season anyway and if you're capable of pulling yourself from 2200 to 2500 that easily I don't see why it would matter.

Hmm, I see your point.
Doing this in solo queue was intense though :)

pretty sure they give you the rewards based on the highest rank you've achieved, at least at diamond and below

That's the case for the rewards indeed, I was wondering about the initial placement for the next season (because they weren't content with the placement this season, I remember them saying they want to use your stats of this season for the placement during the next season.)

Danj

Anyone know if there's a way to get the Trillian chat overlay to work with Overwatch? I see the messages pop up but when I press Ctrl+T the overlay doesn't come up.

komaruR

Hmm, I see your point.
Doing this in solo queue was intense though :)

That's the case for the rewards indeed, I was wondering about the initial placement for the next season (because they weren't content with the placement this season, I remember them saying they want to use your stats of this season for the placement during the next season.)

Dev said they will use your last season as a baseline but then place you lower so that players can feel the upward progression than to feel the falling in rank pessimistic emotion.

ohkay

Oversumo.
Just discussing if it is accurate on the last page.
Well it puts what I think are my best characters as my best characters (Lucio and Tracer), and while I think I'm good with her, I don't agree that I'd be a master level tracer. Maybe I would be if I actually used her more in comp instead of my plat level Rein (which I agree with cause I'm not that great with him, but I like playing him and he's almost always necessary)

Jellie

Please do. :)

I'm not a huge fan of all characters getting hurt by their accuracy stats though. McCree, Widow etc. fine. But Tracer Dva characters like that? you don't really try or care to get a good accuracy stat with them. I want my grandmaster status and my gold accuracy that really doesn't matter is holding me back. Lol

Cool app though.
Got grandmaster critical hit accuracy on tracer on both platforms. Step it up! ;)

skny

My competitive stats are so much better than QP ones. Makes sense though since QP includes matches I played when i sucked ass at the game.

Skii

My accuracy for everything on both PC and PS4 is low gold lmao. If my aim was even slightly decent, I'd probably be able to get diamond. Damn it.

The problem is that I'm a master level Reaper with one game played, because it was a really good game. It doesn't decide anything based on your rank or total games with the character. It's nice to see your stats given to you in a ranking system directly from the game but I think Overbuff is still more reliable.

Dreavus

Dev said they will use your last season as a baseline but then place you lower so that players can feel the upward progression than to feel the falling in rank pessimistic emotion.

It's always interesting to me that they have to take player emotions into account. Like Jeff Kapan's post months ago about how most people say they would want a close game, win or lose, but in reality expect to win a lot more than would be typical under the matchmaker.

Also if they do that for everyone wouldn't you be playing against similarly skilled people, but at a lower rank? Unless there's something about gaining more rank than you lose I'm missing.

Mupod

I don't see why accuracy means anything in a game with infinite ammo. I spam zarya balls around corners just to see if anything's there. I'll only do it more when there's Sombras stealthing about.

hesido

It's always interesting to me that they have to take player emotions into account. Like Jeff Kapan's post months ago about how most people say they would want a close game, win or lose, but in reality expect to win a lot more than would be typical under the matchmaker.

Also if they do that for everyone wouldn't you be playing against similarly skilled people, but at a lower rank? Unless there's something about gaining more rank than you lose I'm missing.

Oh, very good point! It could be somewhat offset by new players who haven't played any seasons so there would be those, too, but your point stands.

antitrop

I don't see why accuracy means anything in a game with infinite ammo. I spam zarya balls around corners just to see if anything's there. I'll only do it more when there's Sombras stealthing about.

It's the most worthless stat, except for McCree and Widowmaker (maybe one or two others).

Yeah, seems like it should only matter for hitscan heros...and the snipers I guess.

Accuracy is a component used to measure dps.

If you fire 10 shots for 100 damage in 10 seconds, that's 100dps.

If you fire 10 shots for 100 damage in 10 seconds, but only land half of them, that's 50dps.

If you consider a Lucio, that automatically negates like 20dps just by existing, you need to find a way to deal enough damage fast enough to counter that, which means you need to be accurate enough.

Skii

The fact that "statistically" we are a rank better than where we should be pretty much goes to show how irrelevant stats are. It can't measure what a meaningful elim is or meaningful ult kills/saves.

Hecks yeah. Just won a game as a 5v6 for almost the whole game. Our Mercy D/Cd during the first skirmish on Numbani Defense and came back at the very last choke.

Top Bottom