• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Blues1990

I could be wrong about this, but Ilios, Nepal, Lijiang Tower, Dorado, & Numbani are the only maps that I never see featured on the main menu.

Can anyone clarify?

IKizzLE

I'm currently 3725 and I must be the only one on this forum who is gaining more points from winning than I am losing. I am averaging around 30 points per win and losing around 25 points per loss, no matter what the team composition is.

Just tried playing with my Intuos Pro art tablet for shits and giggles and it went surprisingly well? The only thing that sucked was getting used to tapping being left click and the pen button being right click and not having the biggest tablet, so I had to constantly readjust. It is insanely easy to snipe using it, using characters like D.VA... Not so much. It's pretty fun though. Never tried using it for gaming before.

hesido

As others have said, I think they use your highest rank to help inform subsequent placements.

That having been said, congrats on getting there! I have once again landed at 2112 for probably the 8th time this season (high is 2234) and am struggling to push to Plat. I'm not sure why I keep getting handed this Rush LP SR, but I get bounced back to it almost daily.

I'm herudo on PSN living in +3GMT. (I've got hesido on a different region PSN), maybe add me and we can push together if out play time matches. I'm a mediocre player but I'm terribly objective oriented.

This was from two weeks ago, dat objective time lol.

screenshot_16-11-10_2lxalp.jpg
I finally did it, my first gold gun.

Sayad

Had my most intense game ever yesterday. Was in a group of five, and the sixth team member quite on us when we lost the first point(first round) in Hollywood! We still ended up winning 4 - 3 in the 5 vs 6 game, three of us had over 60 elimination! Had 67 eliminations despite playing support the first round, was shaking by the end of the game.

Got regular amount of points after the win though. :mad:

ETA on console Sombra ;_;

It's seeming like Nov. 22nd. Tuesdays are patch days, and the recent announcement for the next free weekend (not this weekend, next) mentioned "twenty-two playable characters," and Sombra is the twenty-third. So, people are assuming that means she won't be out next week.

I mean I know she's considered to be pretty dang terrible right now but she's my favorite hero. She's super fun and easily who I'm best with. And when her redesign rolls out, if she ends up great, it'll feel nice to have.

I have no idea whose weapon to work towards next now though lmao. Don't have the same odd attachment to any of the other heroes quite like Symmetra. Maybe Mercy or something idk.

also yes I know my computer is a potato, runs at a nice stable framerate though 👌🏼

Cappa

Banned
This is from the official forums but it was a fascinating read, especially when Jeff Kaplan chimes in.

thanks for this.

I mean I know she's considered to be pretty dang terrible right now but she's my favorite hero. She's super fun and easily who I'm best with. And when her redesign rolls out, if she ends up great, it'll feel nice to have.

I have no idea whose weapon to work towards next now though lmao. Don't have the same odd attachment to any of the other heroes quite like Symmetra. Maybe Mercy or something idk.

also yes I know my computer is a potato, runs at a nice stable framerate though ����

I also like to play as Symmetra, unfortunately my teammates do not like when I play as Symmetra. :)

Azoor

also yes I know my computer is a potato, runs at a nice stable framerate though 👌🏼

Symmetra is actually pretty deadly in the right hands, she can melt an unsuspecting D.va or Reinhard easily.

Cappa

Banned
Symmetra is actually pretty deadly in the right hands, she can melt an unsuspecting D.va or Reinhard easily.

and the right team. If you have teammates that know how to play with Symmetra you can really handle another team. Obviously at higher levels its more difficult, but Ive seen it done.

I love watching an attack Symmetra on higher levels just steamrolling through people lol

I have about 4500 points so I can purchase a Golden gun. But, I hate Golden guns. At the end of the season will I go over my cap if I'm at 3000 SR? I don't want to waste points but I don't know how many are rewarded. I'm really hoping they add something bedsides the gold weapons.

Yeah, they're terrible looking. You may as well spend the pints if you've got them, but aside from the handful of skins they go well with, the golden weapons are just tacky.

Some skins pair super nice with them though. Any of the ones with Gold accents or coloring. Like Soldier, Zarya, Symmetra has quite a few, Zen.

Edit: that's literally what you said, I'm tired

Cappa

Banned
lol so basically were forced to buy these crap guns not like you can roll over comp points until the next season anyway meh.

Greddleok

Back to my discussion on tanks...

How can you survive long enough as Winston without using your bubble? I mean, if I've dropped the bubble to help a push, I have to stay with it, because Winston just doesn't have the damage reduction to deal with focus fire unlike Rien/D.Va/Zarya.

I love Winston, I want to be a good Winston. I just can't main tank as Winston.

How can you survive long enough as Winston without using your bubble? I mean, if I've dropped the bubble to help a push, I have to stay with it, because Winston just doesn't have the damage reduction to deal with focus fire unlike Rien/D.Va/Zarya.

You have to know when and whom to engage, and when you have to jump out back to safety. I recommend watching Miro, the Korean Winston player, play, and see when he decides to engage or disengage.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Have a zarya.

Also really, know your limits and when to jump out.

Greddleok

You have to know when and whom to engage, and when you have to jump out back to safety. I recommend watching Miro, the Korean Winston player, play, and see when he decides to engage or disengage.

That's the thing, I can do that with relative success...as an off-tank.

I have my shield to defend myself, I can jump out and save myself, but I feel you can't do that so much as a main tank. Winston also draws a HELL of a lot of fire. He's a huge target, with a huge crit box.

Maybe it's because I'm trying to be Rein or Zarya as Winston (when I'm "main tanking"), but he's not. I just couldn't imagine holding the choke point on Hanamura with Winston, but doing it with Rein or Zarya makes a lot of sense.

Sombra is going to be so annoying on console, since you can't turn fast enough like on PC. If you can position yourself right behind the opponent, he will probably be dead before he can turn and put up a fight. The new dual-zone aim might help against this, but that's only for the people that prefer that aim-mode.

komaruR

Sombra is going to be so annoying on console, since you can't turn fast enough like on PC. If you can position yourself right behind the opponent, he will probably be dead before he can turn and put up a fight. The new dual-zone aim might help against this, but that's only for the people that prefer that aim-mode.

dual-zone aim shouldnt be a problem for 180'ing quick. i've done that with pharah to do concussion launch. people just need to play at a higher sensitivity and get use to it with muscle memory. of course not as fast as pc but still pretty decent.
its almost the same as a tacer going behind you anyway. low awareness player always get killed even though tracer makes those blink sound behind him as a warning ahead of time.

labx

Banned
Good evening guys and girls. To the console players: why my Mei gun like like is always depleted? It has change, the gun do not have the liquid ice now. Is this normal?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Winston works as being a huge distraction for your teammates to take advantage of. If you don't have teammates that take advantage of it, welp.

Greddleok

Yeah, that's for sure.

I've been playing him a bunch on QP to get better with him. Have had some good CP matches with him too...

Then Titanfall 2 came out. Not played much Overwatch since then.

Positioning and choosing when to engage.
Depending on the scenario try to leap as high as possible which can help you give more time to choose where to land as well as shed a small amount of time on your next leap which can make a huge difference when you need to get out of an engagement. Taking advantage of high ground is really beneficial as well. after seeing Miro play ive started experimenting more and a few days ago i got this message

Which was nice

I love playing Winston as well. Especially when we have an Ana.

dual-zone aim shouldnt be a problem for 180'ing quick. i've done that with pharah to do concussion launch. people just need to play at a higher sensitivity and get use to it with muscle memory.

Yeah, dual-zone is better than exponential ramp for turning 180º, but I don't like using it. I have 50/50 sensitivity, and I don't want to go higher than that right now, but assuming I'm playing Zen, I don't think I can turn around fast enough to face a Sombra directly behind me :\

its almost the same as a tacer going behind you anyway. low awareness player always get killed even though tracer makes those blink sound behind him as a warning ahead of time.

I think I read somewhere that Sombra doesn't make noise while cloaked D:

Good evening guys and girls. To the console players: why my Mei gun like like is always depleted? It has change, the gun do not have the liquid ice now. Is this normal?

That happened to me with the classic skin, but not with the legendary. Try switching.

Top Bottom