• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Moonkid

tumblr_nmll413psq1sencjso1_500.gif

When you finally hit dat sweet, sweet 3k.

Anyone have a hard time switching from console to PC?

Probably a dumb question as I guess it varies person to person depending on experience. I just picked this up on PC after being hooked for the past few months on PS4. I don't like hogging the TV I share with my room mates so I decided to give it a try and JESUS I am bad with mouse/kb! It's my own fault as I've never really been into competitive shooters on PC. Being somewhat competent with a portion of the heroes means eff all when you can barely aim. I would just plug in a controller but I think I'd be at a serious disadvantage.

There's very little chance of a refund I suppose but I sent a request anyway. Didn't clock in much time.

Plum

I'm really hating this game now. Doesn't matter how well I do, as just about everything is going against me right now.

Same here. I've played 18 matches of Season 3 so far and I have won 4 of them; drawing 3. Those 4 wins were in placement matches but they've all but been wiped out as I'm now in the mid 1800s in rank. Every game I seem to end up with either a team full of idiots who think calling people dickheads will get them to do something (I always pick Hanzo when they do this just to rile 'em up, it's so fun) or I end up with a decent team with a decent composition that just ends up getting completely steamrolled.

I also only have Yeti Winston from the three skins I actually wanted (Zenyatta and Torb) this Christmas.

This fuckin' game man.

Apathy

My 11 year old nephew is getting into PC gaming and got some computer parts and Overwatch for Christmas. We've been playing quickplay and having a blast. Honestly he's pretty good! Really impressed with his grasp of the game already and even his aim considering he recently started kb/m at all. But it's just amazing to see him so excited about it.

You better be Fry in this situation

17b.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
The last match I played we lost objective and were failing to stop the payload so after dying 4 times I switched to Mercy. We instantly held strong and won and I got 8 points to get MVP but I'm not sure it made up for how boring it was to play as Mercy.

antitrop

Watching Twitch earlier and this Ana ult was so messed up:

https://clips.twitch.tv/gale_adelade/FaithfulDoveBrainSlug
It's just because he pressed it late, he had to wade through all the people to get to the Soldier that was already behind a wall. So the cursor defaulted to the Earthshatter'd Lucio he standing on top of.

You can see the reticle move to the Lucio just before he presses Q, because he loses LoS with Soldier.

Sullichin

17b.gif

Absolutely. I think he likes Rein the most. But I've shown him the greatness that is Zenyatta and he knows to fill in as a tank or any healer when it's necessary. And once you have a good team fight where a bunch of people are fighting over a point why would you want to play the game any other way?

Blues1990

Same here. I've played 18 matches of Season 3 so far and I have won 4 of them; drawing 3. Those 4 wins were in placement matches but they've all but been wiped out as I'm now in the mid 1800s in rank. Every game I seem to end up with either a team full of idiots who think calling people dickheads will get them to do something (I always pick Hanzo when they do this just to rile 'em up, it's so fun) or I end up with a decent team with a decent composition that just ends up getting completely steamrolled.

I also only have Yeti Winston from the three skins I actually wanted (Zenyatta and Torb) this Christmas.

This fuckin' game man.

I just hate that I had to do placement matches again. Why? What's the point of doing that, especially since I worked my ass off last season to try to get away from all that toxicity?

I don't know. I want people to join me and help me on this forum, as I'm done being surrounded by idiots. StacticJam was great to join me, but he bailed before the match had ended.

My free Christmas loot boxes were so crappy lol, but I already expect as much because of my luck the previous day:

First time I've ever had double legendary in the single box AND it was mah Zenny one I wanted! :D So good, saved 3000 coins I would have spent on it if I hadn't got it (like the Mercy one last time).

Apathy

is the joke that fry is dumb and suggests mercy as a support?

This is how far we've gotten since release in less than a year. This gif was "omg perfect" back at the release. Now, sure, mercy is not great, but it remains that you'll get a team where the game suggests no support and the last person still picks a useless character instead of a support.

I just hate that I had to do placement matches again. Why? What's the point of doing that, especially since I worked my ass off last season to try to get away from all that toxicity?

I don't know. I want people to join me and help me on this forum, as I'm done being surrounded by idiots. StacticJam was great to join me, but he bailed before the match had ended.

Placement partially takes into account last season ranks as well. Also, placement matches take more emphasis on your personal performance than a win or loss. It's how you had people losing 7 games and still being placed in GM.

My 11 year old nephew is getting into PC gaming and got some computer parts and Overwatch for Christmas. We've been playing quickplay and having a blast. Honestly he's pretty good! Really impressed with his grasp of the game already and even his aim considering he recently started kb/m at all. But it's just amazing to see him so excited about it.
My much older brother tried the game for the first time today. He picked genji before even scrolling through all of the characters because he looked cool.

Stereotypes are real.

Grisby

QP was kind of a bag today, but damn if it still isn't fun losing. I'm almost about to prestige for a second time, so I was thinking about waiting for the January deal (if it happens) so I can roll in some easy loot boxes.

Plus, if I play this I run into the old World of Warcraft problem where I literally don't play any other game.
Hey man he's 11 he wants to see some kills pop up

But I mostly took over Zenyatta. Turns out grouping with a level 1 lets you dominate in quick play for some reason
Yeah man, just let him go wild.

Apathy

QP was kind of a bag today, but damn if it still isn't fun losing. I'm almost about to prestige for a second time, so I was thinking about waiting for the January deal (if it happens) so I can roll in some easy loot boxes.

Plus, if I play this I run into the old World of Warcraft problem where I literally don't play any other game.

Yeah man, just let him go wild.

you no longer get easy first couple of levels after prestiging

rulerk1

CP too. All the fucking children finished up celebrating xmas and are now playing. Just got multiple teams where I was surrounded by 5 mongoloids. Screw this game sometimes.

its usually very rare that this happens but Ive had a lot of matches where no one picks healer but Widow/ Hanzo are instalocked. Some are decent but most are bad.

BigDug13

As someone who sticks to quickplay on PS4 am I missing something with the Ana talk? Must be a pc/competitive thing

I usually play zen or Lucio when going support but if there are 2-3 tanks picked, I might go Ana because she shines so much on tank heavy teams. Large hit boxes and heavy healing speeds.

She has the 2nd best healing output in the game, can defend herself and has amazing utility. I play on qp/ gold ps4 and she still shines

She's not the 2nd best healing. She is BY FAR the highest single target healing output. She heals 50% faster than Mercy without the grenade buff. The grenade does 100 instant healing and then lets her output 180 healing a second. She's capable of healing the speed of 3 mercies during grenade buff timeframe.

ElyrionX

its usually very rare that this happens but Ive had a lot of matches where no one picks healer but Widow/ Hanzo are instalocked. Some are decent but most are bad.

If you see Widow and Hanzo instalocked, it's usually a good sign to quit and find a new game immediately. Doubly so if it's a KotH map.

Laputa_94

Well I'm now at 2947 from my highest of 3412. Officially the worst season I've had primarily thanks to playing with people trolling and leaving. Better luck next season I guess.

c869de79b728f8de041470b8f8e2ff14.gif

My holiday loot boxes were good at least.

Well I'm now at 2947 from my highest of 3412. Officially the worst season I've had primarily thanks to playing with people trolling and leaving. Better luck next season I guess.

My holiday loot boxes were good at least.

Look on the bright side. You can play comp with me now!

Grisby

No. They changed it to make people stop putting the game down completely right before events. You actually get loot boxes faster on average now anyway, so it's really not a big deal.

Just wait until you see what I got you for Boxing Day.
Still though, was looking forward to getting those boxes at a super quick pace.

Apathy

"oh dang, everyone was overextended"

Great, realizing what you did wrong after you did it and after I told you to not do it. Gotta love people needing to learn the hard way

I usually play zen or Lucio when going support but if there are 2-3 tanks picked, I might go Ana because she shines so much on tank heavy teams. Large hit boxes and heavy healing speeds.

She's not the 2nd best healing. She is BY FAR the highest single target healing output. She heals 50% faster than Mercy without the grenade buff. The grenade does 100 instant healing and then lets her output 180 healing a second. She's capable of healing the speed of 3 mercies during grenade buff timeframe.
Well shit, I just assumed Mercy healed faster because she doesn't have anything else going for her. That's stupid as hell. I mean I know she doesn't need to aim like Ana does but I play Ana right next to my teammates so hitting them is hardly an issue, especially tanks.

Top Bottom