• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

What an incredible Christmas gift this was...
Overwatch_%20Origins%20Edition_20161225154801_zps6acjmw2x.png

Ended up at 2648 last season, so this time my goal was to get to Diamond, and I was able to make it in less than a 100 matches (89 to be prescise), and while playing in solo queue only :D

Now I can play whoever I want without giving a fuck about team comps for the rest of the season
;) J/k

Oh, and Merry Christmas to you all.

Mr. Hyde

I just bought this on PC. I am liking it so far. The character I enjoy at the moment is Mercy. I keep getting on the top four board which is cool, I guess. Fun game! I also received the Christmas Mei skin. I will have to try playing as her sometime.

Skii

Both Tracer & Reaper are perfectly balanced, to be honest. Same goes with Reinhardt.

Reaper was the most balanced and fair character in the game. You get what you see with him but now Soldier is just Reaper with range and a healing station. Reaper needs a significant buff or you balance some of the heroes so he actually has a warranted role on your team.

Welp, it's Christmas day which means it's time to spam merry Christmas on genji and junkrat

Hopefully I get people to rage in voice like I did with happy Halloween d.va

antitrop

Welp, it's Christmas day which means it's time to spam merry Christmas on genji and junkrat

Hopefully I get people to rage in voice like I did with happy Halloween d.va

I had someone tell me to stop spamming Lucio's Happy Holidays. What a grinch. I followed him around the entire match and spammed it in his face.

I stop using voice lines when the actual game starts, but I made a special exception in that case.

Laputa_94

I should have known winning two matches in comp would result in multiple losses including a guy on our team who quit when we were at 0-1 on KOTH

Blues1990

Reaper was the most balanced and fair character in the game. You get what you see with him but now Soldier is just Reaper with range and a healing station. Reaper needs a significant buff or you balance some of the heroes so he actually has a warranted role on your team.

It's more likely that the overbuffed heroes and Ana are going to get readjustments, so that it will make 90% of the cast viable again.

Did everyone forget beyblade from Season 2?

Well, more balanced in the sense you would see more interesting compositions (Ana and Zenyatta is a fun healing duo, and not one I saw too often in Season 2). Now, it's just 8 characters for Season 3.

Lol. Thinking about having to win 9 games for 3 loot boxes in next few days makes me feel depressed.

Those loot boxes suck you in :(

I also think today is the last day before they reset for the next three so I had to get my final loot box done in three games. Fuck me was it a chore.

What an incredible Christmas gift this was...
Overwatch_%20Origins%20Edition_20161225154801_zps6acjmw2x.png

Ended up at 2648 last season, so this time my goal was to get to Diamond, and I was able to make it in less than a 100 matches (89 to be prescise), and while playing in solo queue only :D

Now I can play whoever I want without giving a fuck about team comps for the rest of the season
;) J/k

Oh, and Merry Christmas to you all.

Congrats! That's my goal, but I went from 2600 to 2450 overnight lmao. I will make it though.

BigDug13

Make it 50% healing buff, instead of 100%.

That wouldn't fix much. still would make her outheal most burst damage which is bad for the game. Back when the best healer was healing for 50 hps a sec the game was a LOT healthier. Even a 50% buff added to instant 100 healing makes healing too strong. I think the healing buff was a mistake full stop.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't see what's the problem with Ana?? She is fine.

She went from being perceived as weak to meta-defining.

Though Jeff said its because people hadn't figured her out and then they buffed her and she was too strong. To which I say, no it's not because they figured her out. It's because you gave her a ridiculous buff

SpaceHorror

Did a recent update make the game more taxing to run? I have a lower spec system but was able to play with custom high settings with some low/medium settings mixed in. Never dropped below Low 40s even during big firefights. Now even on medium I get big drops as low as 30.

It's frustrating as hell.

Tbh I don't want them to nerf Ana because she is pretty much the only healer that you can currently run as a solo healer

No one else comes close to her single target healing and even her group heal is capable if your team is bunched up

If anything they could stop other healers from getting the nade buff but I don't want it to go

Jellie

Did a recent update make the game more taxing to run? I have a lower spec system but was able to play with custom high settings with some low/medium settings mixed in. Never dropped below Low 40s even during big firefights. Now even on medium I get big drops as low as 30.

It's frustrating as hell.

Check if your settings got reset? I used to get 200+ FPS then it suddenly went 60 after an update. Turns out that even though it was on low preset the advanced settings were all very high.

ohkay

Tbh I don't want them to nerf Ana because she is pretty much the only healer that you can currently run as a solo healer

No one else comes close to her single target healing and even her group heal is capable if your team is bunched up

If anything they could stop other healers from getting the nade buff but I don't want it to go
And that is exactly why she needs to be nerfed. She shouldn't be that much more efficient than the other healers

And that is exactly why she needs to be nerfed. She shouldn't be that much more efficient than the other healers
It's unfair though that they keep nerfing things that are abused by high level players because it makes things unusable for low level players. Case in point - Lucio's healing is shit now and before he could solo heal which was a godsend in disorganised pub games (ie most of the games of Overwatch that are played). Now he's bad at that because speedboost was too valuable for pros and Blizz hit him with the nerf bat in the wrong place.

Top Bottom