• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Skii

You should always have 144+ fps, no matter the monitor's refresh rate.

I do get 179 fps but since I'm not using v-sync, I can see tearing and I sometimes feel sick playing characters like Genji and Tracer. Hopefully with a locked 144fps on 144hz monitor will improve my accuracy.

8byte

Banned
I've been playing the PS4 version for the last week and have a few questions!

1) Can you party up in competitive play, or is it random only? I'm not level 25 yet, I'm just curious.

2) Is anyone here playing on PS4? Basically no one on my friends list is playing, and solo queue is killing me. Would love to maybe add some Gaffers and actually enjoy a string of games.

Kiro

I've been playing the PS4 version for the last week and have a few questions!

1) Can you party up in competitive play, or is it random only? I'm not level 25 yet, I'm just curious.

2) Is anyone here playing on PS4? Basically no one on my friends list is playing, and solo queue is killing me. Would love to maybe add some Gaffers and actually enjoy a string of games.

Psn: Kiro21-

Won't be home til 2017 though.

I logged into my brothers account today because I'm at his place for the holidays. 17 unopened lootboxes. He doesn't even want them.

Fugu

They added it a while ago. It's cropped though, so not really worth it. They have no plans to make it proper due to "competitive advantages" or some shit.
There is a competitive advantage to ultra-wide, at least in terms of the way things are right now. Overwatch locks the FoV at a realtively low number (106 at 16:10, I think) and having the FoV that low on ultra-wide would be borderline nauseating.

They would need to allow higher FoVs, but that would mean changing the maximum for other aspect ratios. No cap? No problem.

Snagret

Yuck, super toxic players today. Our Rein troll-picked Hanzo because he didn't like that we had a Genji on our team, spending the whole time complaining that people like the Genji picker were ruining Overwatch.

I think I might be done till the holidays are over.

Finally started getting serious about trying to reach Grandmaster/top 500 on Xbox One, currently at 3700+ SR. Been pretty much solo queuing and after playing with and against top 500 players in comp and outperforming them, I feel like that goal is totally reachable. I main D.Va, have over 200 hours across quick play and three comp seasons. Any team in need of a D.Va?

Here's a comp match from last night if anyone is interested in checking out my D.Va play or wants to critique - https://youtu.be/Kqqm6D7KYEQ

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Still think heal negation should be a DPS ability, probably defense heroes, not an ability for a healer

or make ana switch to use antiheal like lucios music

Kito

Still think heal negation should be a DPS ability, probably defense heroes, not an ability for a healer

or make ana switch to use antiheal like lucios music

Yeah, a heal/damage toggle needs to happen for the grenade and the rifle too imo. God I hate Anas. Broken as fuck. I only made it to Diamond by constantly picking off Anas with attack Sym.

Yeah, a heal/damage toggle needs to happen for the grenade and the rifle too imo. God I hate Anas. Broken as fuck. I only made it to Diamond by constantly picking off Anas with attack Sym.
the rifle? no

mercy is for some reason the only healer who has to switch between heals/attack and even she shouldn't have to do it.

nade being a toggle is fine, but leave the gun

Theorry

Finally started getting serious about trying to reach Grandmaster/top 500 on Xbox One, currently at 3700+ SR. Been pretty much solo queuing and after playing with and against top 500 players in comp and outperforming them, I feel like that goal is totally reachable. I main D.Va, have over 200 hours across quick play and three comp seasons. Any team in need of a D.Va?

Here's a comp match from last night if anyone is interested in checking out my D.Va play or wants to critique - https://youtu.be/Kqqm6D7KYEQ

I dont know how you do it in solo queue. I am always the worse team. And nobody in chat to talk to.

Just carried a qp game with a bunch of Christmas noobs as santaclad torb lol

We didn't even have a healer but I still got potg and the only card on our team

Merry molten core

We're at 3-3 on Route 66 the opponents are going to start attacking. They've only got 60 seconds to push the payload as fast as they can. After that we'll get 3+ minutes on attack. Easy peasy right ?

Our Reinhardt and I take position about 10 meters away from the payload, right before the first turn of the road, I figure let's block them right at the beginning so they don't get far and we get a sure victory on attack later.

Problem is, the rest of our team for some reason takes position on top of the gas station and starts spamming group up. 15 seconds before the round starts Reinhardt complies and my team just stands up there with the only medium/long range character being Soldier.

I'll let you figure out the fucking rest.

Kysen

We're at 3-3 on Route 66 the opponents are going to start attacking. They've only got 60 seconds to push the payload as fast as they can. After that we'll get 3+ minutes on attack. Easy peasy right ?

Our Reinhardt and I take position about 10 meters away from the payload, right before the first turn of the road, I figure let's block them right at the beginning so they don't get far and we get a sure victory on attack later.

Problem is, the rest of our team for some reason takes position on top of the gas station and starts spamming group up. 15 seconds before the round starts Reinhardt complies and my team just stands up there with the only medium/long range character being Soldier.

You screwed up in this case, high ground is always better. In fact you couldn't have picked a worse place to start defending. You do realise just how close you were to enemy spawn?

rulerk1

Holiday que has been so lopsided. Even QP is a steam roll now

the gas station is usually the best place to be for long range/ shield. Where you should have been depends on your character tho

You screwed up in this case, high ground is always better. In fact you couldn't have picked a worse place to start defending. You do realise just how close you were to enemy spawn?

But I did move of course, I wasn't going to stay by myself. We didn't have the right setup to defend here though, clearly.

Also "high ground is better" really doesn't work out that well for my teams since I made the move to diamond. Like at all.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also I hate DVa coming out of her pilot point contesting. And Mei contesting.

Of course this problem would be fixed if several of the maps moved their point B spawn back a smidge.

Dreavus

I've learned that many players think they should wait for the enemy team to ult first before using their ults. That's a terrible idea. Most of the time the team that engages and ults first is the one that wins the fight. Try using ults first and go for a quick wipe if possible instead of your team getting wiped first.

Depends on the engagement really. If you're defending it's usually better to use them to react to enemy ults. If you ult first on defense, even if you wipe the team you've bought yourself maybe 30 seconds before they regroup and attack again, and since they haven't ulted yet they'll still have them up while yours are used up.

Huge number of points loss on comp is so demoralizing.
It's like 1:1 with wins.
I wish they'd tone it down so I can at least climb up in some manner (even if crawl), considering the bad rng matchup I've been having.

Xero

gonna play some quick play as my rank likely isnt high enough to game with some of you all if anyone is interested on pc. fenrirw0lf #1642

bjork

Been playing the winter mystery thing and I can finally recognize when we're supposed to be pushing, and can kinda see when people are unfamiliar with a character. I'm still nowhere near competent, but at least it's a little more enjoyable now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
symmetra + torb
symmetra + torb
symmetra + torb
symmetra + torb
symmetra + torb
symmetra + torb
symmetra + torb
symmetra + torb

hey guys

symmetra + torb

antitrop

Your teammates were right. Defend the gas station.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like my Zen sensitivity should be much lower since I'm pretty much fucked if I get dived on by a Genji or Tracer anyways.

BigDug13

symmetra + torb
symmetra + torb
symmetra + torb
symmetra + torb
symmetra + torb
symmetra + torb
symmetra + torb
symmetra + torb

hey guys

symmetra + torb

Giving everyone 75 shields that regenerate allows Torb's armor to last longer. It's a great combo. Almost too great.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Listen to your teammates next time.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
See my post after that. I did. Of course I wouldn't stay on my own there, geez.

Just sounds like your team doesn't know how to utilise it properly.

Not to say high ground is 100% fool proof of course, but it gives you an advantage in a lot of ways. Knowing when to get out of high ground is also something people need to know if they want to utilise it.

rulerk1

what is it with these soldiers who run out as soon as the gates open. And why does no one look down when the gates open? Ppl really didnt hear Junkrat coming up to the door and metal clanking?

KiraFA37

Wait there is a Windows 10 Store and an Origin version? Which one am I supposed to take?

Wait what? You talking about buying the PC version? If so just get it from Battle.net. Difference between the base version and the Origin edition are some skins (which are totally worth it) and stuff to use in other Blizzard games.

antitrop

I still feel like torb is so bad honestly, sym or no sym.
It's too difficult to consistently land Torb's left clicks, it feels almost the same as playing a rapid-fire Hanzo, except without the 1-hit potential. They should increase the speed or maybe decrease the arc, or something like that.

It took me like a dozen hours of practice to be able to get the primary fire down for him, it's no surprise you see so many lazy turret babysitters.

Top Bottom