• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

AbaFadi

Banned
Our genji was getting destroyed by a symmetra and I asked him repeatedly to switch and he wouldn't. At the end of the game he tells me I should have switched to winston to destroy turrets. Two things: we need a rein against their widow and junkrat, and when they didn't have sym the first round you did nothing lol. I hate people who instalock genji.

Just had an awesome comp match on Anubis. We lost point A really quick but managed to hold off their first push and then kept them off the point the rest of the round. Then we attacked and barely managed to take point A in overtime, but like two seconds after we took the point their Mercy revived three of their teammates on point A - except our entire team was already rushing point B. We easily killed the two people on the point and then it became this amazing reverse defense of us keeping the returning enemy team off the point long enough for us to capture it, since we they were all still coming back from point A. It was pretty fun.

so this game has pulled me back in during the Christmas season. lovin it.

been putting a lot of time into Sombra, but apparently she is "bad"?

any ps4 players wanna group up sometime in comp? or does this thread have a group set up for that?

Fancolors

I finally dropped a skin I actually want. It's the best one and it involves killing people with nuts.

Now, the question is: do I spend the gold into Mei's or Tracer's? They are both ugly, but one turns into a snowman and the other jingles across the map.

Blues1990

I finally dropped a skin I actually want. It's the best one and it involves killing people with nuts.

Now, the question is: do I spend the gold into Mei's or Tracer's? They are both ugly, but one turns into a snowman and the other jingles across the map.

I would honestly go with Tracer's Jingle skin. You get better value with that cosmetic (her pulse bomb is a peppermint candy!), & Mei's ice block with her Mei-rry skin is so tall, that it makes you stick out like a sore thumb.

Our genji was getting destroyed by a symmetra and I asked him repeatedly to switch and he wouldn't. At the end of the game he tells me I should have switched to winston to destroy turrets. Two things: we need a rein against their widow and junkrat, and when they didn't have sym the first round you did nothing lol. I hate people who instalock genji.

Yeah it sucks when I'm playing a role that's super vital (Rein, Lucio, Etc.) and I'm asked to switch off it to counter one character when the team has 2 people not playing good counters to that character and could easily switch themselves.

Mei. I prefer Red to Green, Mei is adorable, and her costume looks better IMO.
Tracer if you want a more varied / unique skin.

Zomba13

I kind of hate the weekly bonus lootboxes being tied to arcade modes. My friends refuse to do that stuff so I always have to do it solo and it's just completely down to luck. Random Hero is 100% luck based, 3v3 is luck on if you get paired with two people who know how to play, 1v1 is luck based on what hero you get. The only one not luck based is the mei one but that takes so long and gets boring.

I think I am done with this game. Playing with randoms on competitive is literally unplayable now.

Every game there is at least one troll who is picking a useless hero and refusing to switch. Destroying the fun in the game.

I think I am done with this game. Playing with randoms on competitive is literally unplayable now.

Every game there is at least one troll who is picking a useless hero and refusing to switch. Destroying the fun in the game.

I haven't really gotten any trolls, just people playing at a level where they clearly don't intend to rank up in ranked and it's frustrating.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Funny, I've had to go back to Comp because QP is full of 'it's just quick play bro' and no one playing healer

finalflame

Competitive. Eichenwalde. Solo queue. We get defense first. Hold the first point while I clutch the shit out of the front lines as Zarya, 4 golds, 3 gravitons, 2 full team wipes, didn't die once.

We go on attack. My team decides to go fucking full mongoloid mode; I start off as Zarya but can't get anywhere near the enemy team without Mei started to freeze me and getting focus fired by the entire enemy team, so I switch to D.Va. I go over the buildings onto the top. Start capping, kill 4 of the enemy team's heroes (Mei, McCree, Mercy, and Ana) solo, so they have no healers. Finally get off'd of my mech and killed by Rein, and my team can't follow up and finish taking the point.

This same bullshit continues and we draw. I fucking HATE games where I feel I am putting my entire fucking back into carrying and my team JUST CAN'T FUCKING FOLLOW UP. This shit tilts me so hard.

Paltheos

Competitive. Eichenwalde. Solo queue. We get defense first. Hold the first point while I clutch the shit out of the front lines as Zarya, 4 golds, 3 gravitons, 2 full team wipes, didn't die once.

We go on attack. My team decides to go fucking full mongoloid mode; I start off as Zarya but can't get anywhere near the enemy team without Mei started to freeze me and getting focus fired by the entire enemy team, so I switch to D.Va. I go over the buildings onto the top. Start capping, kill 4 of the enemy team's heroes (Mei, McCree, Mercy, and Ana) solo, so they have no healers. Finally get off'd of my mech and killed by Rein, and my team can't follow up and finish taking the point.

This same bullshit continues and we draw. I fucking HATE games where I feel I am putting my entire fucking back into carrying and my team JUST CAN'T FUCKING FOLLOW UP. This shit tilts me so hard.

Enemy Sym with TP? Getting 4 kills and not capping the point shouldn't be possible otherwise, unless your teammates were also getting picked off periodically (or they had no tank to run in behind or something and Junk was spamming the entrance idk).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What if we gave the ability to deny heals, boost heals, burst heal, one of the best CCs in the game and ult counters, one of the best ults in the game and the best single target healing in the game all to one character?

finalflame

Enemy Sym with TP? Getting 4 kills and not capping the point shouldn't be possible otherwise, unless your teammates were also getting picked off periodically (or they had no tank to run in behind or something and Junk was spamming the entrance idk).

No TP, rest of the team managed to get baited into a rein ult that apparently killed all of them. Same shit just happened on Numbani. Clutch defense. Calling out the ENTIRE TIME for the team to focus a soldier that is just spamming us in the middle lane with a pocket mercy -- we have a Widow who can't do shit against the Mercy, and I can't fucking kill both of them as Zarya with Mercy pocket healing/boosting the soldier. Whatever, we manage to defend.

On attack, we try to take via top left, nobody FUCKING PUSHES AND JUST WAITS BEHIND REIN SHIELD AT THE DOOR AS IT BREAKS. Fine, these retards don't understand 'hey guys, push in, the longer we wait the more they wear our rein shield down". We have a fucking Hanzo, who claims to be "master" on his main account and he is "playing on a friend's account'. Same dude who was playing Widow last game and couldn't pick shit. Fine. "Hanzo, hold on to your Ult. I'll have my Graviton soon and we can just one time combo them". "OK". Hanzo proceeds to use his fucking ult to try and "save" a team fight we were losing and wastes it. I eventually get a Graviton on point, wipe 3 of them, but they have a TP and once they get back I get focused to death and the rest of the team can't hold it/find the TP.

So we draw.

Fuck this FUCKING game why did I just waste a fucking hour of my life on this dumb fucking bullshit. Why the fuck don't people understand that the correct way to play this game competitively is to treat every fucking engagement as a team fight? If you get picked, and we can't finish off the enemy team, FUCKING RESET DON'T FEED ULT SO THEY CAN HAVE ULT ADVANTAGE FOR THE REST OF THE GAME. Especially on attack when you're getting raped by the defense. Instead people just stall and never engage, making it infuriating to play through.

Edit: And this is in mid-Plat, for context.

Anne

I had like a 2 day long binge gaming thing and my friend had his PC set up. I got to play on his OW account down in silver-ish tier. What a game.

Blues1990

It's just getting worse. Stacks of three doing it for the thrill.

With the exception of Mei (she fares well against tanks & is able to freeze them outside of their range/help her team burst them down), the other Defense Heroes are practically useless in this tank-heavy meta. Which is weird, as Defense heroes should beat tanks because of their long range burst damage and area denial.

Yet they aren't picked to battle tanks, because that burst damage simply isn't enough to where an offense hero is not a better pick.

Chuck

Still without luck
RFAwZGF.jpg

:/

KiraFA37

I had like a 2 day long binge gaming thing and my friend had his PC set up. I got to play on his OW account down in silver-ish tier. What a game.

Yea if I see the stuff they try in platinum I don't want to know what happens in silver. Maybe I do though.

Mr. Hyde

I really like playing support in this game but mercy doesn't work on certain maps and especially when the team doesn't place itself strategically. I really want to learn ana but she seems intimidating. What's everyone's favorite support? I just bought the game a couple days ago.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really like playing support in this game but mercy doesn't work on certain maps and especially when the team doesn't place itself strategically. I really want to learn ana but she seems intimidating. What's everyone's favorite support? I just bought the game a couple days ago.

Zen and Lucio

Btu we're currently in the 'Ana is better than every other support in most situations' meta

antitrop

Zenyatta da gawd

Try Zen, he's my fave with Ana a close second. He's basically a DPS that can heal! His discord orbs plus long range primary/alt fire is fairly powerful for a support hero.

Jellie

Ana. Love me some anti-heal.

caesar

Banned

Ana is possibly the most fun hero to play and the most powerful hero in the game. Try her.

Anne

Ana has a pretty expansive kit at first, and she requires a bit of aim. She's not that difficult though once you have a few games on her though. She's really fun and overall not really all that hard, so don't let intimidation stop you from checking her out.

Yea if I see the stuff they try in platinum I don't want to know what happens in silver. Maybe I do though.

I won a 1v5 on Soldier without using ult. I won a 1v3 against Mcree, Soldier, Mercy as Genji by just hitting E > shift. It was some pretty wild shit.

I was doing all of this, and somebody stopped to say "oh my god Soldier can you please kill the Pharah" cause she dove him once :v

Zakalwe

Banned
Got some money for Xmas to spend on games, OW is number one on my list.

Is there anywhere else I can buy it digitally for ps4 aside from psn? HAd a quick browse but can't find much, were there ever codes of any kind for sale for this?

If not I'll grab a physical at the weekend, but I'd really love to jump in tonight!

Cheers.

Paltheos

Throwing my lot in with Zen. Ana's objectively better but also harder to play. I enjoy Ana too, but my win record does not suggest I'm good with her. I synergize well with Zen. Managing the orbs while I fight is satisfying, and his standard attacks do allot of damage.

I also have an easier time tracking his attacks as they leave a path. Ana's unscoped shots do not and my accuracy sucks because of it.

I'd just been using LMB for the longest time, but RMB does crazy amounts of burst damage - As in 'can put a 200 HP character to critical if I fire in their direction' damage.

finalflame

> Join game
> Instalock Hanzo and Torb
> "Hey guys, I think we need a healer"
> Torb builds turret at spawn and leaves it there
> Hanzo eventually quits the game
> We lose, lost 30 points, which I just busted ass to get through 2 draws and a win -- actually, it put me BELOW where I was before the 2 draws and a win. So I lost more points for FUCKING LOSING AFTER MY ENTIRE TEAM LEFT THAN WHAT I WON AFTER FUCKING GETTING 4 GOLDS AND HOLDING FIRST POINT ON ANUBIS.

FUCK THIS FUCKING GAME.

nahlakhai

> Join game
> We lose, lost 30 points.

FUCK THIS FUCKING GAME.

Report report report. That's all you can do, for the integrity of the game.

finalflame

Report report report. That's all you can do, for the integrity of the game.

I report every griefer I come across, yet there are still fucking tons of them. Blizzard does not follow up and do anything about it fast enough to make an impact. This shit has been happening nonstop since last season. The fact I spent over an hour for two draws and a win, only to lose MORE points because I lost a game due to leavers/griefers makes it EXTREMELY discouraging.

Jellie

Back in season 2 when I played on PS4, somebody on my friends list who was bronze was streaming so I decided to watch it. He was attack symmetra and put his turrets in his spawn. On defence he put their teleporter outside the attackers first spawn after the first point was lost already. He got potg and won the game somehow.
> Join game
> We lose, lost 30 points, which I just busted ass to get through 2 draws and a win -- actually, it put me BELOW where I was before the 2 draws and a win. So I lost more points for FUCKING LOSING AFTER MY ENTIRE TEAM LEFT THAN WHAT I WON AFTER FUCKING GETTING 4 GOLDS AND HOLDING FIRST POINT ON ANUBIS.

FUCK THIS FUCKING GAME.

You know what you must do right?

Top Bottom