• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Well that's the beauty of Arcade. Unless you're in a group or playing Elimination there's a lot of factors that contribute to the games being random and the outcome being luck based.

I've been on winning streaks in Arcade too but that doesn't stop it being shit and mostly based on luck when you're playing Mystery Heroes and No Limits.

Either A - It's your fault that you're losing even if you insist it can't be (not necessarily directed at you specifically, just a general thing I've seen).

Or B - You're just getting unlucky. It happens sometimes. Nothing can really be done about it. Yes, it's an unfortunate situation, but that's just life.

Neither of those are the fault of the game. Not typically anyway. This also applies to more than just Arcade.

Theorry

Raindancer and Thunderbird both look a little weird when the helmet gets put on actually. Fortunately, her portrait shows her with it off anyway.

Is there a list of how all the skins look in the match? The helmet is such a important thing and really difficult to preview.

Is there a list of how all the skins look in the match? The helmet is such a important thing and really difficult to preview.

The helmet doesn't really cover her whole face like with the other skins. It's more like a hat and looks a bit silly to me.

latest

Theorry

The helmet doesn't really cover her whole face like with the other skins. It's more like a hat and looks a bit silly to me.

Hmm yeah. I also looked at the mechaqueen kind of skins and helmets. They look great skin wise but for some reason the helmet looks abit weird with those flaps on the side haha. Think her basic helmet still looks best.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
When you keep getting matched up with the same 2 person group who kept losing/drawing and finally get matched up against them.

When you keep getting matched up with the same 2 person group who kept losing/drawing and finally get matched up against them.

Anytime I lose a game due to bad teammates I'll wait five minutes or so before queuing again to make sure I dodge them. Seems to have worked well for me so far.

Rizzi

You know what bugs me? People who say "It's just quick play, why should I bother trying".
Just because you don't get to show everyone how big your dick is high your ranking is doesn't mean you shouldn't bother playing the game.

that's not yeti

You mean Shiver, right?

You know what bugs me? People who say "It's just quick play, why should I bother trying".
Just because you don't get to show everyone how big your dick is high your ranking is doesn't mean you shouldn't bother playing the game.

I hate it a lot more when people flat out refuse to take tanks and supports in QP saying "it's just QP!"

I have the most fun playing Zenyatta so I can usually fill the healer role, but it's so infuriating to have 5 DPS on the team and each shouting "Need Healing" throughout the match. Bitch, if you needed to be kept topped up regularly, you should have picked another healer or a tank! Being the healer for 5 DPS guys is fuckin' awful and it even makes me hate playing Zen when he's perhaps my favourite character to play.

Blizzard

Banned
Off the top of my head, quick play is literally the only mode besides no limits where people can goof off or try silly things. I think it's acceptable for someone to do whatever there outside of actively hindering teammates with Mei walls. If they want to try, that's fine, but they shouldn't demand the same mindset from all teammates.

Ranked works fine for matchmaking, and one can simply ignore the number and play it for the competition if one doesn't care about one's standing against other players.

ElyrionX

There are a couple of heroes that I rarely played. Winston is one of them. Played him today to counter a Genji that was running rampant and did ok. But our team had no healer for most of the match and it was really hard. Going down to 100 health and having to backtrack to health packs is really tedious. Prior to this, the only other tank I played was Dva and it's pretty easy to get a new mech when your existing one gets destroyed. So how do tanks manage without healers?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There are a couple of heroes that I rarely played. Winston is one of them. Played him today to counter a Genji that was running rampant and did ok. But our team had no healer for most of the match and it was really hard. Going down to 100 health and having to backtrack to health packs is really tedious. Prior to this, the only other tank I played was Dva and it's pretty easy to get a new mech when your existing one gets destroyed. So how do tanks manage without healers?

They play Roadhog

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
A few Lucio questions:

- How exactly does wall ride work? I'm mostly just spamming jump against walls and looking down, and hoping I get an extra "wall jump" off of it. I don't know the actual rules behind it.
- When is a good time to use the boop?

Healing as Ana and having your whole team playing like they're flankers is annoying.

"I need healing"

"LINE OF SIGHT YOU SONSABITCHES!"

A few Lucio questions:

- How exactly does wall ride work? I'm mostly just spamming jump against walls and looking down, and hoping I get an extra "wall jump" off of it. I don't know the actual rules behind it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH0ePK5ia50

^This guy has some great Lucio wallride guides

I use the boop when:

- I see a Rein charge, a Roadhog hook, a Reaper drop down, etc. to disturb attempts to push / poke

- When they're near pits / falls and they're moving at a good angle / momentum that it'll kill them via falling.

- I'm 1v1 someone and they're trying to close the gap. Boop, run away. Especially vs. Mei.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
A few Lucio questions:

- If you jump and hold the jump key, you'll start wall riding until you release it. You can not regrind the same surface twice in a row. unless it's curved. IF it's a curved surface, you can rewall grind as much as you want and even spam jump on them to get vertical. If you're wall grinding, you can restart a new wall grind every time you hit a new surface. You can g o back and forth between certain pivots to gain height. You can look wherever you'd like while wall grinding as your momentum at the start of the grind is what dictates where you go but if you're coming up on a sharp turn, you should look towards it to have better control of jumping onto that new surface
-Pretty constant. It's not much damage but its some damage, its instant, its easy to hit and it disorients. Keep in mind your surroundings, you don't want to fuck up someone else on your temas ult because you booped them but you do want to fuck up the enemy teams ults because you booped them. It's disorienting. I boop Roadhog a lot to throw off his hook and Rein a lot to mess up his earthshatter or his shield, for example. Also you can boop Genji reflects

Jellie

A few Lucio questions:

You can only start a ride or jump on different surfaces. So say its a cube shaped object you can jump only when you are on different faces. Pillars and weirdly shaped objects are good to climb since many faces. A long wall can only be ridden once before you fall so hold the ride then jump to a different wall. If you are at a corner you can jump from wall to wall and back constantly to climb it, eg outside of first defence spawn on Dorado to get on the high ground. Easiest place to practice wall riding is numbani attack spawn and the red rocks of route 66 imo.
Boop to put distance between yourself and enemies that need close range like winston, mei, symettra, reaper, ulting genji etc in combination with speed boost to get away and survive. Push people off ledges, especially in KotH maps. Use it as a finisher if they are low health. Use to disrupt the team. If you are good with wallriding you can sneakily wall ride up to high ground and push the defending team from it.

Wow. Winning 2-1 in a 3v3 match, about to win the last round one player left and all the enemy team quits and it doesn't count as a win?? That's complete bullshit.

3 free loot boxes aren't even worth it if games are gonna go like this.

Moonkid

Been preferring every single decent Reinhardt player I've played with. I know he's a must have but I can't fill him myself (because I suck) plus I'm much better with Dva and Zarya. Bless all you Reinhardts out there 🙇

xaosslug

why do peeps complain about nobody being on mic when those that are on mic don't call anything out, warn teammates of danger (oh, sure they will say 'Soldier/Reaper behind...' as an afterthought (and never exactly the location you saw him) or when it's too late and the entire team's been eviscerated), notify of death etc? All they do is chit chat about bowlshit.

Jesus, take the controller. -__-

Been preferring every single decent Reinhardt player I've played with. I know he's a must have but I can't fill him myself (because I suck) plus I'm much better with Dva and Zarya. Bless all you Reinhardts out there ��

what does preferring a player actually do?

Yeti, Frostbite, and Shiver are the only good Winter skins because they're the only uses you'll use after December.

huh? Why wouldn't you use the Nutyatta skin after December? It's literally the best skin in the entire game.

Moonkid

what does preferring a player actually do?
It's meant to increase the astronomical chances of grouping up with someone again.

Also on the note of communication, I've stopped talking to randoms for about two weeks now after being tired of teammates who just complain all the time and basically say aloud every thought that crosses their mind.

maomaoIYP

Was playing Arcade for almost 2 hours won only 1! game.
What a fucking disaster. If it wasn't for 3 boxes i would never play this piece of crap again.

Play the 1v1 instead of any other mode if you are only doing it for the boxes. Matches tend to be quick, so even if you lose it's not a big deal. I got all 9 wins within an hour or so.

Play the 1v1 instead of any other mode if you are only doing it for the boxes. Matches tend to be quick, so even if you lose it's not a big deal. I got all 9 wins within an hour or so.

Or you get a match where you get Pharah, Torbjorn, Bastion, Symmetra and D.va and the hell never ends.

Top Bottom