• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Veggy

I have opened around 40 lootboxes so far during xmas event (not paid for a single one) and now have every xmas skin.....except the one I wanted the most (Tracer)

Uuuuughhhhh I really don't want to spend 3000c for a skin, hurry up and drop already!

Chance

Zen's alt fire does 230 with no discord or headshots, it's perfect for popping into tight lanes for a split second to provide burst fire. It's also super accurate and can be used to take out Torb's turrets, Bastion and Widows over long range.

Ayep. Zen's alt is beastly. I put his jump on R3, melee on L3.

Kenai

I have opened around 40 lootboxes so far during xmas event (not paid for a single one) and now have every xmas skin.....except the one I wanted the most (Tracer)

Uuuuughhhhh I really don't want to spend 3000c for a skin, hurry up and drop already!

Shame i couldn't pass you one of the 3 or so dupes i got.

I might not get Mei's (still want it) but I can live without it since I got everything else I wanted and it's highly unlikely they will let a Chinese New Year thing go by without giving the character from China a skin for it. I'm hoping I like it more than this one, the snowman effect is nice but I was honestly underwhelmed by the skin overall and Mei is my gurl.

Jblanks

Had a winter mystery game last night on attack on Hanamura where the enemy team got 3 D.Va's and a Mercy while we got stuck with Trobjorn and crap........

We didn't get very far :/
Yea I don't understand how that mode picks heroes. Yesterday on King's Row defend after the other team took the first point we had 4 Ana's, a Zen, and me as Dva.

Veggy

Shame i couldn't pass you one of the 3 or so dupes i got.

I might not get Mei's (still want it) but I can live without it since I got everything else I wanted and it's highly unlikely they will let a Chinese New Year thing go by without giving the character from China a skin for it. I'm hoping I like it more than this one, the snowman effect is nice but I was honestly underwhelmed by the skin overall and Mei is my gurl.

They have already apologised for the Mei skin and have confirmed she is getting a new skin soon

LuffyZoro

Man, D.Va seems almost unkillable if you have a good Ana on the team. Not that I'm complaining, I've managed to climb from silver into platinum.

Kenai

They have already apologised for the Mei skin and have confirmed she is getting a new skin soon

Good to hear. I knew there was some community criticism about it but I didn't know they outright apologized for it lol. Musta been people a lot more unhappy about it than me. I will be happy if I get it but I'm not spending 3k coins :x

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Good to hear. I knew there was some community criticism about it but I didn't know they outright apologized for it lol. Musta been people a lot more unhappy about it than me. I will be happy if I get it but I'm not spending 3k coins :x

I think the way Blizz has handled OW criticism has been great so far. I'm still really happy they took so much of the Summer Games flak to heart and actually made the cosmetics purchasable. I would imagine most companies not budging on that.

Do we all still agree that Symmetra is bullshit right now?

I mostly just dislike the impact it had on messing around in quickplay. Sym is straight up awful to deal with when most people are doing whatever, she makes 2CP even worse when it was already bad and I outright dread attack on some maps now.

On paper I don't think she's that insane but her shield gen implementation still feels really half assed. I think it has too much HP straight up and it doesn't seem nearly as loud as the tele unless I'm missing something.

Had some good matches with GAFers tonight - ended up going on enough of a winning streak with them to get to Platinum with no muss, no fuss. Much easier this time around compared to last season where it took a month of frustration before I was able to pass it.

Maybe the MMR/SR adjustments they said they were going to do for this season were accurate after all! Anyway, now I can play comp stress-free as my goal each season is always to get one rank higher than I place, so I've moved up to Plat from Gold and hopefully my skills will improve enough that next season I'll be able to move from Plat to Diamond. Slow and steady wins the race.

That feel when you are in a match with two Top 50 DPS mainers, and a Diamond ranked "Junkrat main" starts bragging about being one of the 30th best Junkrats in the world and refuses to swap forcing one of the Top 500s to heal.

We won, handily (Mostly because I swapped to Mercy and pocketed the fuck out of the other Top 500 who was playing Pharah). But I kinda wish we lost because for the rest of the night I kept running into that guy and he always played Junkrat and was bragging about it....

Lmao is that the overbuff rank or something? Because if it is, that just means he plays a lot of Junkrat because time played seems to be the most important factor of that rank. It also doesn't cover the entire playerbase... that's so dumb
typical of Junkrat mains, generally speaking

Do we all still agree that Symmetra is bullshit right now?

Not really, you basically have to "sacrifice" a support to play with her, that's a pretty big trade. And if you have a Pharah/Tracer/Sombra you can destroy the teleporter/shield generator really quickly most of the times. At least that's my experience from the games I played against her. If I were to nerf her I would probably reduce the shield generator range or maybe reset the beam power when she jumps from one target to another.

Yeah Sharkbait is really cool, the tattoo on his belly reminds me of Thousand Sunny from One Piece and since it's a pirate-themed skin maybe it was intentional.

Nice games pollux and psycho, we started winning when you guys joined. We had a really shitty beginning today.

Broke back into 2600 today, some super close matches.

New high is 2615, hoping to push to 2700 and beyond to close out the year.

Goal is to hit Diamond and I think I can do it!

Had some good matches with GAFers tonight - ended up going on enough of a winning streak with them to get to Platinum with no muss, no fuss. Much easier this time around compared to last season where it took a month of frustration before I was able to pass it.

Maybe the MMR/SR adjustments they said they were going to do for this season were accurate after all! Anyway, now I can play comp stress-free as my goal each season is always to get one rank higher than I place, so I've moved up to Plat from Gold and hopefully my skills will improve enough that next season I'll be able to move from Plat to Diamond. Slow and steady wins the race.
Yeah it's much easier to climb in a group now but I'm positive part of that was because I was placed so low we got matched against shitty players lol

Sorry about the mic shit about halfway through, that's why I generally only play OW when ive got the ps4 in my bedroom

Saved the highlight where we almost got two team kills because of a shitty mercy res lol

https://youtu.be/V3G2fTgJV60

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Easy 9 weekly arcade wins if you can get 5 friends together to stack Symmetra. Not so good on KotH maps but for anything else it's pretty unbeatable. Only loss we had was attacking Volskaya when the opponents got wise and counter our Syms with more Syms.

ricelord

15776550_1302722449802317_1303427017_o.jpg

yo blizz you need to fix ranked, i felt real bad for the other team this time.

lol not really

maomaoIYP

Lmao is that the overbuff rank or something? Because if it is, that just means he plays a lot of Junkrat because time played seems to be the most important factor of that rank.
It's not time played, win rate is actually the single most heavily weighted stat. I have about 4 characters at 98 percentile all with very long play times and pretty good stats except for win rate close to 50%. No matter what I do the rank isn't going up anymore. I've seen folks with average character stats but very high rank because their incredible win rate, probably the result of always playing in a stack.

It's not time played, win rate is actually the single most heavily weighted stat. I have about 4 characters at 98 percentile all with very long play times and pretty good stats except for win rate close to 50%. No matter what I do the rank isn't going up anymore. I've seen folks with average character stats but very high rank because their incredible win rate, probably the result of always playing in a stack.

Didn't notice it was that way, thx for the info. My characters always climbed on rank just by playing more even if my stats were getting worse, but it makes sense that after a certain amount of time it stops being that way.

Finally hit Diamond rank!!!

For this to be my first FPS, and to start last season at around 2100 SR, I'm proud of myself for improving so much so fast!

Not only that but I'm even listed as #363 Symmetra 😎

Today is good

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm actually starting to get back to symmetra quite a bit (used to play her a lot), but I feel like my high WR with her still came down to the same thing. I always switch off her if the first point is taken. This time with the exception of 2CP B defense.

MrPanic

After hitting highs of 2900 and lows of 2000 at the start of this season, it looks like I'm finally stuck in my ranking.

VLDMbW3.png

Something just ain't clicking with me this season as my mediocre sr is showing, the game just doesn't feel right for me anymore. It doesn't help that the difference in skill between players with the same rank can be so different as well, joining a ranked match is starting to feel more like drawing a lottery ticket than doing a skillcheck by the day. I'd say that over 60% of the matches I have it's a steamroll for one of the teams because the other had some trolls or horrible misranked players on the team. I'm almost starting to feel that the ranking system needs a more personalized system behind it instead of being purely based on team w/l, because this gold/platinum region I'm swimming through seems like a big pot of both great and horrible players that shouldn't be near eachothers ranks.

JimiNutz

Banned
For Zenyatta on PS4 I suggest to rebind jump to L2.

I personally don't use alt fire at all and don't miss it.

I've only just started playing, so forgive my ignorance, but why would you jump with Zen? He barely jumps at all. His secondary fire has also been really useful for me, it's like a shotgun when charged up and instantly kills players trying to rush you?

Angel_DvA

heroes who need to get nerf:

- Symetra ( to the ground )
- Ana
- Roadhog
- Pharah
- Tracer
- Soldier 76
- Zenyatta debuff only, it need to be toned down

Heroes who need to get buff:

- Genji
- Mercy
- Winston
- Reinhart

Heroes who need a gameplay change like Symetra:

- Bastion
- Wiston, it's generated shield should follow him or something, Wiston is pretty useless without constant healing support, he's by far the weakest of the tanks, even with it's good mobility.
- D.VA ultimate: who's getting killed by it seriously ? it's useless...
- McCree Ultimate: I don't know what to change but it need to be change, dude is getting killed before releasing his own ultimate, it's a joke...

finalflame

Wooof.

*puts up anne signal*

Some I agree with, some are just... mmm nope.

Yah. Some I think he has no idea what he's talking about/is new to the game. The only ones I really agree with are:

- Ana needs her grenade nerfed.
- Symmetra's continued lock-on range might need to be revisited.
- Soldier could use some adjusting, he's OP out of his fucking mind.

The rest I pretty much disagree with; some of the "nerf" come across as "I died to this hero too many times and feel salty". I mean, really, Tracer nerf? Zen's orb was also already nerfed back to 30% from 50% and is fine where it is.

Lol at Reinhardt (not Reinhart) needs a buff. He's one of the most useful heroes in the game, and a beast in the right hands.

D.Va's ult is still great if you know how to aim/throw it, or can combo it with Zarya or Rein.

McCree's ult is basically reduced to a zoning ult, which kinda sucks as Soldier's Tactical Visor has far more utility.

finalflame

I agree with roadhog though.

Time to gut the pig.

Nothing makes me saltier than a good Hog, but I'm not sure how he could be nerfed without making him useless. His ability to hook and pick targets is kind of all he's got. I guess his damage could be nerfed -- if you aim and range the pellets correctly for the mid-range shot it's absolutely brutal, but it's not exactly easy to do. Also maybe nerf his shotgun enough so that it doesn't always 1-shot combo, or something, maybe increase the spread.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah I don't mind his ability to gib people from long range at next to zero risk.

I'm more salty about the frequency he can do it. An ability like that needs to have more weight on when it's being used. Now you see hogs going for yolo blind hooks because they know they'll get it back really quickly and they also know that the hitbox is bullshit. You're basically afraid to peek out every 6 seconds.

Like hog was ok when everyone just dies to ults anyway every team fight. But now he can set the tone just from one pick because ults aren't as frequent.

Yeah if hog has to be nerfed I think adding a few seconds to the hook cooldown is the best way to do it

Getting long range picks with his alt-fire is extremely inconsistent/requires an extensive knowledge and practice of the right range

ISOM

heroes who need to get nerf:

- Symetra ( to the ground )
- Ana
- Roadhog
- Pharah
- Tracer
- Soldier 76
- Zenyatta debuff only, it need to be toned down

Heroes who need to get buff:

- Genji
- Mercy
- Winston
- Reinhart

Heroes who need a gameplay change like Symetra:

- Bastion
- Wiston, it's generated shield should follow him or something, Wiston is pretty useless without constant healing support, he's by far the weakest of the tanks, even with it's good mobility.
- D.VA ultimate: who's getting killed by it seriously ? it's useless...
- McCree Ultimate: I don't know what to change but it need to be change, dude is getting killed before releasing his own ultimate, it's a joke...

Some decent suggestions then so many bad.

Angel_DvA

Yah. Some I think he has no idea what he's talking about/is new to the game. The only ones I really agree with are:

- Ana needs her grenade nerfed.
- Symmetra's continued lock-on range might need to be revisited.
- Soldier could use some adjusting, he's OP out of his fucking mind.

The rest I pretty much disagree with; some of the "nerf" come across as "I died to this hero too many times and feel salty". I mean, really, Tracer nerf? Zen's orb was also already nerfed back to 30% from 50% and is fine where it is.

Lol at Reinhardt (not Reinhart) needs a buff. He's one of the most useful heroes in the game, and a beast in the right hands.

D.Va's ult is still great if you know how to aim/throw it, or can combo it with Zarya or Rein.

McCree's ult is basically reduced to a zoning ult, which kinda sucks as Soldier's Tactical Visor has far more utility.

1) I disagree, Tracer need to be nerf, she has too much survivability, too much mobility, too much damage and it's rewind power is god like, she need to get nerf in one of those department, who's her real counter ? well played, she hasn't one beside Roadhog by luck.

2) Rein need to have 500 more shield points or 100 more health point, everything else is great.

3) I disagree with Dva Ults, without Zarya, it's useless 90% of the time and it shouldn't be, if you're dying to Dva's ult, you're pretty much bad or don't pay attention at your surrounding.

4) Zen's orb could remain if you want but it's damage need to be toned down, a support shouldn't kill a tank or anyone faster and better than any DPS, it doesn't make sense.

5) Roadhog need to be nerf as well, too much self healing, too much PV, his hook attack need to have a bigger cooldown and it'll be ok.

Some decent suggestions then so many bad.

which are ?

1) I disagree, Tracer need to be nerf, she has too much survivability, too much mobility, too much damage and it's rewind power is god like, she need to get nerf in one of those department, who's her real counter ? well played, she hasn't one beside Roadhog by luck.

I would always pick Winston if the enemy team had a bunch of Tracers or Genjis, and I would always find him an effective counter to the high mobility/squishy heroes.

D.Va's ult is meant to be used in the same way McCree's is. It's for punishing bad positioning/game awareness and zoning. It's fine the way it is. Hell, it used to be WORSE before since D.Va could die to her own ult when the game came out.

This begs some questions for me on second thought. Why can Junkrat kill himself with his own ult still? He's already a sitting duck as it is. They should fix that.

Tracer dying to her own ult is kinda your own fault if you do it so I get why she has that.

Angel_DvA

I would always pick Winston if the enemy team had a bunch of Tracers or Genjis, and I would always find him an effective counter to the high mobility/squishy heroes.

I agree with Genji but Winston is not even close to kill a decent tracer, you have one jump every 6 second when Tracer has 3 blink charge on 3 second cooldown by charge, it's really not even close, the only one that can kill her is Roadhog and sometimes Mccree if lucky to get her with the stun grenade.

she need to lose one blink charge at least.

D.Va's ult is meant to be used in the same way McCree's is. It's for punishing bad positioning/game awareness and zoning. It's fine the way it is. Hell, it used to be WORSE before since D.Va could die to her own ult when the game came out.

This begs some questions for me on second thought. Why can Junkrat kill himself with his own ult still? He's already a sitting duck as it is. They should fix that.

Tracer dying to her own ult is kinda your own fault if you do it so I get why she has that.

The more you play with good players, the more bad positioning/game awareness dissapear, that makes her ult 0.

Zackat

Wait they changed this with D.va? I stopped playing a while back and only just hopped back in again recently. Is there a page with all the change logs of heroes?

It has been a while since I played last lol.

I just witnessed a winston fucking walk off the point for no reason on King's row, I think he thought we already had the payload or something?

Idk he left before the cards came up lol, probably wasn't intentional

Top Bottom