• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

I would always pick Winston if the enemy team had a bunch of Tracers or Genjis, and I would always find him an effective counter to the high mobility/squishy heroes.

Tracer destroys Winston 1vs1.

And I would like to see Pharah getting buffed, not nerfed. She's kinda of a big target so she should have 250hp (100-150 being armor because she is wearing one duh). Or maybe just more mobility in the air, being able to strafe faster.

Snagret

After hitting highs of 2900 and lows of 2000 at the start of this season, it looks like I'm finally stuck in my ranking.

VLDMbW3.png

Something just ain't clicking with me this season as my mediocre sr is showing, the game just doesn't feel right for me anymore. It doesn't help that the difference in skill between players with the same rank can be so different as well, joining a ranked match is starting to feel more like drawing a lottery ticket than doing a skillcheck by the day. I'd say that over 60% of the matches I have it's a steamroll for one of the teams because the other had some trolls or horrible misranked players on the team. I'm almost starting to feel that the ranking system needs a more personalized system behind it instead of being purely based on team w/l, because this gold/platinum region I'm swimming through seems like a big pot of both great and horrible players that shouldn't be near eachothers ranks.
Anecdotal, but this is also my experience. Player skill is all over the place no matter what ranking I'm at, and the large majority of games I'm in involve one team absolutely stomping the other. Being on either side of that isn't very much fun when you're solo-queue and it's largely just luck of the draw. I'm sure if you look at the numbers across the board it looks "fair", but my feeling is that it's been very wonky about getting 12 people of actually similar skill together in one game.

xviper

Of course because it's just you B.Net account tied to your PSN account. I don't know why you want to rebuy the game though, because it wouldn't change a single thing.

with my account being US and my game being UK, i can't purchase any Boxes, played for like 20 hours in the winter wonderland event and opened over 20 boxes and all i got is nothing but shit, and i'm tired, when the next event comes i'm gonna buy few boxes

the only way to do that is to buy a second copy of the game, a US copy to match my US account, i'm not gonna change my account because i'm not going to lose 7 months of playing

benzopil

I've only just started playing, so forgive my ignorance, but why would you jump with Zen? He barely jumps at all. His secondary fire has also been really useful for me, it's like a shotgun when charged up and instantly kills players trying to rush you?
It's harder to kill a jumping target.

Odrion

Banned
Mercy keeps getting buffed and none of it matters because Ana just eats her lunch 24/7.

Either you need to drastically nerf Ana's healing or you retool Mercy to have some offensive capabilities without having to switch off her healing staff or just have a larger toolkit (which isn't likely.)

But then again Mercy is dull as shit to play as and against so how about we just leave her to be scrub-tier?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
But then again Mercy is dull as shit to play as and against so how about we just leave her to be scrub-tier?

I vote that.

Also fuck me, are people deaf and blind to earthshatters? I land like 4 man earthshatters consistently and get no followup at all. I even said that I had it!

Actually it's easier to kill a jumping target.
If you strafe your movement is more unpredictable but if you jump you fall in an arc and can't change direction mid air.

But he barely jumps...
Surely strafing left/right in an unpredictable manner is more effective than barely jumping?
Yeah, more advanced players in shooters usually strafe more than they jump for that reason. That's not to say throwing in a jump can't be useful (ie: jumping behind a wall for cover, etc.), but you're a much harder target to hit when you're changing up your strafe patterns as opposed to jumping up and down during a fight.

Xater

Whenever I see someone pick Mercy in competitive I just sigh. It always ends the same way of them just being focused down. It's just way too easy to do. Seeing that over and over again makes me think she probably needs a retool.

Question: Would it be too strong to allow D.Va to be given a free Mech-Recall or respawn already in her Mech if she gets rezzed by Mercy? Rezzing a D.Va at all seems almost pointless sometimes since she almost always dies first again anyways if she is revived, but at the same time giving D.Va even MORE ridiculous survivability sounds like hell.

The more you play with good players, the more bad positioning/game awareness dissapear, that makes her ult 0.

While that is very true, the ult also is considerably better when coordinated well with your team. Even in higher level play streams I've seen (I'm talking Grandmaster/Top 500), a good Zarya+D.Va or D.VA+ Sombra play absolutely ravages. Sometimes even a total teamwipe. It IS a team game after all so that stuff is important to consider.

And while yes, an ult shouldn't require another ult to be successful, it does what it's meant to as well. The zoning aspect of the ult is usually used to clear a point to buy time to defend and etc. That job it does plenty good as it is.

it's hilarious to me that symmetra can just stand right next to dva ulting now LOL

like as long as she puts her shield up at the right moment she can remain completely unbothered by it now, whereas before due to her lack of mobility she would've been screwed

it's hilarious to me that symmetra can just stand right next to dva ulting now LOL

like as long as she puts her shield up at the right moment she can remain completely unbothered by it now, whereas before due to her lack of mobility she would've been screwed

This is my secret favorite thing about the Symmetra rework. Same with blocking High Noons.

caesar

Banned
Question: Would it be too strong to allow D.Va to be given a free Mech-Recall or respawn already in her Mech if she gets rezzed by Mercy? Rezzing a D.Va at all seems almost pointless sometimes since she almost always dies first again anyways if she is revived, but at the same time giving D.Va even MORE ridiculous survivability sounds like hell.

While that is very true, the ult also is considerably better when coordinated well with your team. Even in higher level play streams I've seen (I'm talking Grandmaster/Top 500), a good Zarya+D.Va or D.VA+ Sombra play absolutely ravages. Sometimes even a total teamwipe. It IS a team game after all so that stuff is important to consider.

And while yes, an ult shouldn't require another ult to be successful, it does what it's meant to as well. The zoning aspect of the ult is usually used to clear a point to buy time to defend and etc. That job it does plenty good as it is.

I thought Dva already got that?

As someone who used to play much more Mercy before Season 3, rez is honestly completely overrated. Worst Support ult by far at this point in time, even though it can definitely have its uses.

Having an Ult reliant on people dying all at once to be most useful is kinda... yeah.
Don't say anything about the Teleporter lmao

Sec0nd

Tracer destroys Winston 1vs1.

And I would like to see Pharah getting buffed, not nerfed. She's kinda of a big target so she should have 250hp (100-150 being armor because she is wearing one duh). Or maybe just more mobility in the air, being able to strafe faster.

Pls no. Pharah is super hard to get out of the air with a Mercy attached to it.

Mendrox

Huh. I never noticed then. Never mind.

She's still weak as shit when rezzed though.

Well if you don't get focused down after a rezz you will always get your Mekka immediately after pressing Q.

Also people still fall for the falling Dva bomb in high ranking games. You just have to be clever and shoot it in a way that nobody is prepared for. Her ultimate is also strong for just clearing the way of trouble and splitting teams apart. I don't know how often I just flew to the top of the payload on Kings Row at the end of the point and just pressed Q and emote and won because everyone is fleeing as soon as the exploding Mekka is on top of the payload lol

Cappa

Banned
guys, does any one know if that works ?? please any one answer

You play on PS4, which region your game is from is meaningless(if its a physical copy), what matters is your PSN Account.

For example, Im an American, so I use the USA PSN store for all my purchases, but I live in Spain. My Overwatch (physical)copy is from Italy, but I can still buy loot boxes from the US Store because I have a US billing address and credit cards/Pay Pal.

Im not quite sure what youre worried about? If you play on PS4, it doesnt matter where you bought the game, especially if its a physical copy. If you bought digital, then yes I think you can only buy DLC, PS + Subs etc from the actual region your PSN Account is registered on, that would not affect your rank....

Ser Booty

Mercy keeps getting buffed and none of it matters because Ana just eats her lunch 24/7.

Either you need to drastically nerf Ana's healing or you retool Mercy to have some offensive capabilities without having to switch off her healing staff or just have a larger toolkit (which isn't likely.)

Speak for yourself sir. I agree that Mercy is weak compared to the rest of the supports, but she can be incredibly fun to play. Especially when you have a vertically mobile team and/or is using high ground. First point Numbani defense is pretty strong for mercy for those reasons I think.

xviper

You play on PS4, which region your game is from is meaningless(if its a physical copy), what matters is your PSN Account.

For example, Im an American, so I use the USA PSN store for all my purchases, but I live in Spain. My Overwatch (physical)copy is from Italy, but I can still buy loot boxes from the US Store because I have a US billing address and credit cards/Pay Pal.

Im not quite sure what youre worried about? If you play on PS4, it doesnt matter where you bought the game, especially if its a physical copy. If you bought digital, then yes I think you can only buy DLC, PS + Subs etc from the actual region your PSN Account is registered on, that would not affect your rank....

i have a digital copy, when i enter the playstation store from inside the game it says there is nothing on the store because my account doesn't match the game's region

if i bought boxes from the store outside the game, do you think it will come to my account ?

Edit: nevermind, just tried it, doesn't work, i guess i'll have to buy a US copy of the game now, but i'm still not sure if my rank and all my stuff will still be there in the same account i used to play the EU copy with

Angel_DvA

Sounds like you need to get better.

Really ? I usually carry my team, finishing with 3/4 gold medals and still losing the game because some teammates are clueless or trolling, I stopped playing competitive with randoms, it could destroy my sanity, I don't know why you said that to him, he could be in the same situation...

What kind of advice do you give to someone raging because randoms make them lose all the time, even if it's illogical?

Obviously I'm not the best player there is. I'm making mistakes as well and I'm constantly trying to improve and I'm not saying I'm unrightfully ranked the way I currently am. However, if I join a game and someone chooses torb in atk not giving a damn about team composition spamming ults when not needed and all that good stuff, it gets hella annoying. And it's not just situations like this. You know if you point out to someone that they better not play character x or should choose a heal or tank over their current choice and they just don't care and play with soldier/hanzo/widow/whatever. That's what pisses me off the most. How is someone, who actually tries to get better, ever gonna rank up if you just keep losing match after match after match.

Angel_DvA

Obviously I'm not the best player there is. I'm making mistakes as well and I'm constantly trying to improve and I'm not saying I'm unrightfully ranked the way I currently am. However, if I join a game and someone chooses torb in atk not giving a damn about team composition spamming ults when not needed and all that good stuff, it gets hella annoying. And it's not just situations like this. You know if you point out to someone that they better not play character x or should choose a heal or tank over their current choice and they just don't care and play with soldier/hanzo/widow/whatever. That's what pisses me off the most. How is someone, who actually tries to get better, ever gonna rank up if you just keep losing match after match after match.

Only tip that matters:

Have good teammates.

The end.

Nothing else matters at all. If you have 5 competent teammates, you'll win. If not, you'll probably lose.

BigDug13

Fair enough, I just don't see how jumping 12 inches off the ground as Zen is much better at all - especially it you're mapping jump to R2 and sacrificing your secondary fire for it.

I map jump to L3 on Zen. The jumping is useful to avoid getting headshot on console.

AngryMoth

Symettra's left click is really fun I have to admit. Melting down genji's and lucio's who are helplessly jumping around feels great, and I've even manage to 1v1 tanks on a fairly regular basis if I catch them off guard

Symettra's left click is really fun I have to admit. Melting down genji's and lucio's who are helplessly jumping around feels great, and I've even manage to 1v1 tanks on a fairly regular basis if I catch them off guard

It feels so weird because you would instantly think that Sym would just get oneshot/destroyed but people have a really hard time aiming at her to kill her for some reason. Maybe they just panic when the beam is on them?

Only character that's easy to use to deal with her is Hog cause of Hook. Or another Sym lol

E: i guess Mcree too. Basically any stun/disable character.

Top Bottom