• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

antitrop

I've tried both Zenyatta and Ana thanks to everyone's suggestions. Zenyatta is my favorite of the two so far. It appeals to me both on an aesthetic lovely and gameplay style. What is up with those cards that pop up showing four players at the end of the game? The best stats of the game?
Ya, just an assortment of what the game thinks were the most impressive stats for the length of the match. Voting for people doesn't give anything but warm fuzzies. 5 votes gets someone an "Epic" callout and 10 votes gets a "Legendary".

Kevyt

I think I can get used to 480 DPI/7 game sense, coming from 1200/7

It doesn't feel as bad as before when I made the jump from like 2400 DPI to 480 lol

Aiming is much better, but I really need to work on that muscle memory to do 180's and such.

So I continued to practice with the bots in range and what Anne linked on youtube from Taimou, and I think I'm already used to the lower DPI.

I did a quickplay match with Mccree where I had 51% average accuracy, I was hitting the enemy widow and the pharah very consistently.

I am so happy to have changed DPI.

Mr. Hyde

Ya, just an assortment of what the game thinks were the most impressive stats for the length of the match. Voting for people doesn't give anything but warm fuzzies. 5 votes gets someone an "Epic" callout and 10 votes gets a "Legendary".

Oh nice! I've been getting it a lot with Mercy and got it just after playing Zenyatta for my first time. I am going to try getting really good using him. I also just found out my friend bought me Overwatch for PS4. I guess I have to play it on both PC and PS4 now.

antitrop

Oh nice! I've been getting it a lot with Mercy and got it just after playing Zenyatta for my first time. I am going to try getting really good using him. I also just found out my friend bought me Overwatch for PS4. I guess I have to play it on both PC and PS4 now.
The key to learning Zen is to have both of your Orbs out as often as humanly possible. He does a lot of damage, but you're taking him for his Orbs. There's an icon in the bottom right that will appear over the ability icons when you have each Orb on another player, so make sure to keep checking that constantly until you get comfortable. The Orbs will still stay on a player for a few seconds after you lose line of sight with them, so make sure to pay attention to the audio cues when you get your orbs back so you can throw them out again.

Kenai

The key to learning Zen is to have both of your Orbs out as often as humanly possible. He does a lot of damage, but you're taking him for his Orbs. There's an icon in the bottom right that will appear over the ability icons when you have each Orb on another player, so make sure to keep checking that constantly until you get comfortable. The Orbs will still stay on a player for a few seconds after you lose line of sight with them, so make sure to pay attention to the audio cues when you get your orbs back so you can throw them out again.

This is good advice. I am still learning him too and his Discord Orb on the enemy front line and his Harmony Orb on your tank makes a big difference in a lot of matches.

antitrop

This is good advice. I am still learning him too and his Discord Orb on the enemy front line and his Harmony Orb on your tank makes a big difference in a lot of matches.

Harmony Orb is very useful to put on your diving teammates, like a Winston, Genji, D.Va, etc. Anyone that's gonna take big risks and jump into the enemy team to try initiate a teamfight.

I see a lot of Zens just leave their Harmony on their Rein, which uh... well, he has a shield and you probably have an Ana, so there are almost always better targets for that Orb.

KiraFA37

Always put discord orbs on tanks, priority Reinhardt then Dva in my opinion. Always be juggling your harmony orb, and put it on the diving team mates or Reinhardt when he charges when nobody else needs healing.

antitrop

Always put discord orbs on tanks, priority Reinhardt then Dva in my opinion. Always be juggling your harmony orb, and put it on the diving team mates or Reinhardt when he charges when nobody else needs healing.

Ya, Harmony on a charging Rein is good, I just meant don't leave it sitting on a Rein that is just holding his shield up. Don't be a lazy Zen.

Kenai

Harmony Orb is very useful to put on your diving teammates, like a Winston, Genji, D.Va, etc. Anyone that's gonna take big risks and jump into the enemy team to try initiate a teamfight.

I see a lot of Zens just leave their Harmony on their Rein, which uh... well, he has a shield and you probably have an Ana, so there are almost always better targets for that Orb.

Haha, I wish I had that varied of a comp in my QP matches. If I am lucky I will see a Roadhog but it's usually Solider/Hanzo/Widow/Symm or Junkrat and i am stuck playing a healerless Dva or solo healing. I almost never see a Winston and don't trust a Genji to not kill themselves instantly til they prove me wrong. About 60 seconds into the match i can usually tell where it's gonna be the rest of the game.

Jellie

Hog is the biggest priority for me. Most dangerous one but also most vulnerable. If he's out of position and you discord him you can take him out really easily giving. Rein and Dva can prevent damage while Hog can't.

benzopil

For Zenyatta on PS4 I suggest to rebind jump to L2.

I personally don't use alt fire at all and don't miss it.

Grief.exe

Step it up and get Ana PotG not highlights. So rare to get though :(

Throwing anti-heals into big Gravitons seems to be the easiest way to do it.

I think Ana is the hardest Support to get POTG with, though. Mercy is still the easiest, even after they tuned her POTG potential down a bit.

They need to add that two heroes POTGs.
That is what this game needs, little more variety. And so many times heros that deserve to shine and to be in POTG are not there because it's usually Ulti kills = POTG.

I just got back into the game and dove into competitive with Ana so I'm still learning the ropes with her so to speak.

I've yet to get a legitimate play of the game with her, even though she is so powerful that she frequently tilts matches.

Hanamura on defense, enemy team already has two thirds of B point. 4 teammates leave the point to chase a fleeing Rein that's low on health, leaving me as Lucio and Mercy to defend the point against the other 5 opponents rushing to murder our asses.

Edit: That's five matches (and defeats) in a row where I was forced to go healer because nobody else would. Don't be fooled, Diamond is the exact same shit as platinum or even lower. Nobody wants to take one for the team. It's all about picking that sweet, sweet main.

Apathy

Hanamura on defense, enemy team already has two thirds of B point. 4 teammates leave the point to chase a fleeing Rein that's low on health, leaving me as Lucio and Mercy to defend the point against the other 5 opponents rushing to murder our asses.

lol one of my biggest pet peeves in the game is people leaving points/payloads to chase 1 person. THis is specially annoying on something like dorado where people defending any of the points pass that halfway point and the attacking teams run back is faster than yours, so they can reinforce faster, wiping your team and getting a free push on the payload rather than your team fighting closer to your spawn (or at least the halfway points). Like just wipe them, regroup, do it again, no need to go out closer to their spawn.

Fancolors

I don't understand why people insist on keep playing Junkrat when the enemy Pharah is wrecking everyone. If not comfortable with a hitscan, why not ask for a switch?

Random thought but I'd actually love to see a random limitless heroes pro tournament for a weekend or something. Would spice things up and make it fun to watch whilst adding something different to the current meta.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Random thought but I'd actually love to see a random limitless heroes pro tournament for a weekend or something. Would spice things up and make it fun to watch whilst adding something different to the current meta.

Do you really want to see 3 syms + 3 Dvas mirror matches.

Prelude.

No hero limit shit pro meta is what made them add the limit in the first place, no one wants to see even less heroes played. Good old 2 Tracers on koth, so fun.

lol one of my biggest pet peeves in the game is people leaving points/payloads to chase 1 person. THis is specially annoying on something like dorado where people defending any of the points pass that halfway point and the attacking teams run back is faster than yours, so they can reinforce faster, wiping your team and getting a free push on the payload rather than your team fighting closer to your spawn (or at least the halfway points). Like just wipe them, regroup, do it again, no need to go out closer to their spawn.

I can understand that when your team's in a really good position, but the opponents had just taken two third of point B on the first push. I don't know what they were thinking. It would've been hilarious to watch if I hadn't been on the receiving end though !

First match out of seven where I don't pick a healer and what do I get ? A PM with "pls pick healer". Fucking hell.

Apathy

The diablo crossover stuff better be cool. sprays and icons (hopefully purchasable icons because it's already such a pain in the ass to get them and if this is only for the limited time that diablos anniversary runs i'm going to be mad)

rulerk1

i know its QP so i shouldnt really care but what are these matches Ive been having since last week on PS4? I actually have a losing streak in QP. That has never happened before.

I seriously had gold elims as Ana for 3/4 of match with 6 and finished with bronze wtf.

OMFG one of the most intense KOTH games ever. Totally back and forth I was going insane with Dva. We were down 2-1 and our Mercy finally switched and we wonthe next round 100-0. in the final round we were doing great and then at 99-0 one our dudes left. We ended up losing, most infuriating loss ever. The dude rejoined just as 'defeat' came on screen. Such an epic game and performance totally ruined.

That feel when you are in a match with two Top 50 DPS mainers, and a Diamond ranked "Junkrat main" starts bragging about being one of the 30th best Junkrats in the world and refuses to swap forcing one of the Top 500s to heal.

We won, handily (Mostly because I swapped to Mercy and pocketed the fuck out of the other Top 500 who was playing Pharah). But I kinda wish we lost because for the rest of the night I kept running into that guy and he always played Junkrat and was bragging about it....

Competitive is just impossible.

Have a few good matches or just utter destruction of the enemy team, then 6 matches where you get gold with 2 elims.. wtf.

Also i have never heard another player say a single word on ps4 on competitive in like 50 matches.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just realized that playing arcade mode is the fastest way to get winter loot boxes @_@
Then finally got enough coins to buy all of Widowmaker's winter stuff. I just wish she had a winter outfit too but oh well.

Have a few good matches or just utter destruction of the enemy team, then 6 matches where you get gold with 2 elims.. wtf.

Also i have never heard another player say a single word on ps4 on competitive in like 50 matches.

just had a match on kings row where nothing happened on the first point. absolutely nothing.

I was d.va and didnt stop shooting once, except for when i ulted. Enemy d.va was the same. Both D. va/Rein/Ana pairs didn't die a single time.

My eyes glazed over.

Finally decided to upload a few higlights I saved, this one is still my favourite, from one of my season 1 placement matches, the chat was really funny when that happened.
Luckily my new captured footage is in higher quality.

Alucrid

Banned

what rank are you? i hear people talk all the time in play/diamond

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
just had a match on kings row where nothing happened on the first point. absolutely nothing.

I was d.va and didnt stop shooting once, except for when i ulted. Enemy d.va was the same. Both D. va/Rein/Ana pairs didn't die a single time.

My eyes glazed over.

Should have gone for the ana first.

what rank are you? i hear people talk all the time in play/diamond

I think gold.

Also i am getting quitters 1 out of every 4 matches or so. Currently waiting for a match to be over where 5 of the other team left after we won the first match.. ridiculous on console. Its more convenient to play but the playerbase is utter trash.

Can't win two matches in a row to save my life since the holidays have started, so here we are.

5zGCcgf.png

I'm not sure I'll bother for the rest of the season. It's just demoralizing when you work your ass off for dozens of matches to hang on to your rank and then you lose it all in a couple of nights.

maomaoIYP

For Zenyatta on PS4 I suggest to rebind jump to L2.

I personally don't use alt fire at all and don't miss it.

I don't use Zen alt-fire much on PC, either. I put Discord Orb on Right-Click and the alt-fire on Mouse 5.

Zen's alt fire does 230 with no discord or headshots, it's perfect for popping into tight lanes for a split second to provide burst fire. It's also super accurate and can be used to take out Torb's turrets, Bastion and Widows over long range.

cyborg009

Banned
Can't win two matches in a row to save my life since the holidays have started, so here we are.

5zGCcgf.png

I'm not sure I'll bother for the rest of the season. It's just demoralizing when you work your ass off for dozens of matches to hang on to your rank and then you lose it all in a couple of nights.

This is me currently I've uninstalled the game and I'm going take a break away until new season. I've reach my goal of getting diamond. Staying there would be my next.

Kenai

Zen's alt fire does 230 with no discord or headshots, it's perfect for popping into tight lanes for a split second to provide burst fire. It's also super accurate and can be used to take out Torb's turrets, Bastion and Widows over long range.

I remember popping around the corner by the gas station on 66 and oneshotting a poor Mercy who just happened to be there with that full charge. She got sallllllty, chased me with her gun the rest on the game.

Top Bottom