• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Prelude.

Lucio + Zen + Reinhardt + Zarya + two dps is the perfect team to me (on payload maps).
Unorganized teams never use Lucio's speed boost to push in (at least on my end) so the only place where I like to see him is koth, otherwise I'd much rather have a different healer.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
No Ana is a no go for me. Absolutely necessary pick, imo. But I guess player skill plays a huge role in her case.
I don't think she's a good pick for console unless you can aim well, same with McCree, Hanzo, and Widowmaker. However maybe I'll try with aim assist off and things will go better.

matmanx1

I found the trick to getting accustomed to dual zone controls.

1) Switch to them.
2) Let life completely bulldoze you for a week and some, to the point where you can't play.
3) Come back and jump right in.

Actually, taking a break works for fixing a lot of problems in Overwatch. I find I have more consistent fun and less stress if I take some time off every now and then.

Crzy1

I don't think she's a good pick for console unless you can aim well, same with McCree, Hanzo, and Widowmaker. However maybe I'll try with aim assist off and things will go better.
I suppose you're right. I was only thinking about PC . I'm sure she's a totally different beast on consoles. Hit scan characters are incredibly powerful in the right hands on the PC.

MrPanic

No Ana is a no go for me. Absolutely necessary pick, imo. But I guess player skill plays a huge role in her case.

Definitely can't agree with you there, in my personal experience Zen is a way more reliable support than Ana. Discord is such a amazing tool when your team is even remotely focusing the right people and his heal and damage is usually enough to keep his teammates alive. I also prefer his ultimate's saving capabilities over the yolo Ana ult in matches with randoms as it tends to be a way more reliable strat.

Maybe my viewpoint is a bit warped as my current mains actually are both Zen and Ana, and in my experience Zen is a way more reliable character to carry the match than Ana since you're way more in control of the situation. I only switch to Ana if the other team has a pro Pharah or the team has need of more healing (or we're going for bayblade in duo queue).

WaffleTaco

I am really starting to hate this game. Every match in QP is dominated by people using two or more of the same character. I basically have to play comp just to get a non-annoying team.

matmanx1

I am really starting to hate this game. Every match in QP is dominated by people using two or more of the same character. I basically have to play comp just to get a non-annoying team.

The good news is that Quick Play will have the one hero limit once the patch rolls in. T-minus 2 weeks and counting!

Nimby

Banned
Zarya nerf seems like a really healthy change. We could probably see more Junkrat on defense with nerfed charge, hopefully.

Single hero limit patch can't come soon enough.

Agreed. And are we getting the additional game modes permanently as a replacement for brawls? I really love the Mystery Character one.

Zarya nerf seems like a really healthy change. We could probably see more Junkrat on defense with nerfed charge, hopefully.

Zarya is already such a lumbering character requiring careful positioning based on her ranges....I wish she wasn't getting the nerf. I've finally gotten to the point where I don't panic-ult with her. It was a struggle.

WaffleTaco

Fuck it, I can't play this game anymore. I can't have fun, I just lose, lose and lose some more. Oh and if I win, I get 2 SR points, but if I lose, I lose 30. I'm just going to wait until the next patch hits, it is just not worth it.

IKizzLE

Agreed. And are we getting the additional game modes permanently as a replacement for brawls? I really love the Mystery Character one.

Zarya is already such a lumbering character requiring careful positioning based on her ranges....I wish she wasn't getting the nerf. I've finally gotten to the point where I don't panic-ult with her. It was a struggle.

Zaryas nerf is literally taking her from overpowered to ridiculously powerful.

I wouldn't sweat it lol.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

I was in a match against 3 Meis and 3 Reapers yesterday. Wasn't really fun to be honest lol. Thankfully, that's not every matchs.

KillGore

So everyone is just ok with Pharah getting that "buff" huh? No console players here that feel like she's a pain in the ass already? It's not like we have the accuracy of PC gamers. Jesus.

Edit: Feels so good when you get to beat an enemy team that uses Pharah, Lucio, RoadHog, Winston, DVA and whatever other hero that can push you off the edge in maps like Nepal, Ilios, etc.

Had a match yesterday where almost all of the heroes had that advantage; we still kicked won (though they did beat us in those levels where you could be pushed off the ledge).

I've got a 1.93 GB background download for a patch queued up on PC. I haven't seen this before. Does this mean the 1.5 update is coming soon? Tuesday, maybe?

Ramirez

So everyone is just ok with Pharah getting that "buff" huh? No console players here that feel like she's a pain in the ass already? It's not like we have the accuracy of PC gamers. Jesus.

Edit: Feels so good when you get to beat an enemy team that uses Pharah, Lucio, RoadHog, Winston, DVA and whatever other hero that can push you off the edge in maps like Nepal, Ilios, etc.

Had a match yesterday where almost all of the heroes had that advantage; we still kicked won (though they did beat us in those levels where you could be pushed off the ledge).

I run into the occasional god tier Pharah, but honestly Soldier/McCree can limit 99% of them to nothing.

I was checking my stats for the first time in forever and my winning percentage this season is 47%, last season was like 56%, feels bad man.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hope they nerf Junkrat on console, and Mei... and everyone but Pharah and Mercy. :3

hesido

I can't make it paste 2580. It's almost like a brick wall. I bounced of it 3 times today, with a two loss at the end leaving me at 2515 something 2527. Also people are angrier over 2500 SR. Constantly taunting own team players when they do a bad job! PS4 here btw. The best they did was constantly spam "I need healing" when I was doing a shit job as a Lucio. I understood that they wanted me to hand Lucio over only at the last round though, we lost 3-2 lol.

Overwatch Surface gaming coming up!

I bought it because:

-At some point I'll probably have a PC, so fuck it.

-Testing PTR changes will be cool at the very least

-Morbidly curious if I've grown to enjoy mouse and keyboard controls at all, because I used to hate them.

-I'm bad with money

Don't worry Ps4 bros, that will still be my main platform, I'm thinking this will be a disaster.

Jesus Christ. It looks bad, but I expected that, honestly, it's playable. But I fucking HATE the keyboard and mouse. I cannot move and use my abilities naturally at all. I'm always watching people make these great maneuvers and I always wonder how their fingers must be moving and how hard it would be, It's as bad as I thought. I can't use e, can't jump, can't even easily shift and move. I'm sure it's a practice thing, but god damn, doesn't feel natural at ALL.

antitrop

Jesus Christ. It looks bad, but I expected that, honestly, it's playable. But I fucking HATE the keyboard and mouse. I cannot move and use my abilities naturally at all. I'm always watching people make these great maneuvers and I always wonder how their fingers must be moving and how hard it would be, It's as bad as I thought. I can't use e, can't jump, can't even easily shift and move. I'm sure it's a practice thing, but god damn, doesn't feel natural at ALL.

I've been playing PC shooters since the mid-90s and after 300 hours of Overwatch on PS4, honestly it took me a good 30+ of playing on PC before I adjusted to WASD/Mouse, again.

Keep at it. It's worth it.

Jellie

Overwatch Surface gaming coming up!

I bought it because:

-At some point I'll probably have a PC, so fuck it.

-Testing PTR changes will be cool at the very least

-Morbidly curious if I've grown to enjoy mouse and keyboard controls at all, because I used to hate them.

-I'm bad with money

Don't worry Ps4 bros, that will still be my main platform, I'm thinking this will be a disaster.

Just yesterday you were saying you wouldn't be on PC for a while. :p

You'll get used to it in about 10 hours I think.
Happened to me and Skii when we moved over from PS4.

I've been playing PC shooters since the mid-90s and after 300 hours of Overwatch on PS4, honestly it took me a good 30+ of playing on PC before I adjusted to WASD/Mouse, again.

Keep at it. It's worth it.

I mean it's not a good setup. Game runs like crap, etc. I really don't know if this is the right time to give 20+ hours to the PC version just to get used to the controls. I like having access to PTR though.

Fancolors

I mean it's not a good setup. Game runs like crap, etc. I really don't know if this is the right time to give 20+ hours to the PC version just to get used to the controls. I like having access to PTR though.

Does your Surface overheat? When I used to play on mine I would use a usb fan and my fps increased by 20.

komaruR

what's both of your b.net id? i've been of ps4 ver most of the time to play with friends and now my pc muscle memory is a bit rusty lol

Astral

Losing because a teammate leaves early is the most infuriating shit. There has to be another way to go about it besides being handicapped the rest of the match.

Fancolors

Had a weird match on Ilios. We were losing hard, so at the 0-2 match our Roadhog said 'fuck it' and picked Bastion and I switched to Ana.

We won the next 3 rounds, so fuck the meta, I guess.

Top Bottom