• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Good evening guys and girls. To the console players: why my Mei gun like like is always depleted? It has change, the gun do not have the liquid ice now. Is this normal?

It's been that way on ps4 for a month or two now, maybe when they started the Halloween deal or a bit before. Hopefully they fix it in the next patch.

Had kind of a weird moment today where we wiped most of the enemy team except for a McCree, who then ulted everyone and was left to awkwardly take the objective by himself while everyone made their way back.

That's the thing, I can do that with relative success...as an off-tank.

I have my shield to defend myself, I can jump out and save myself, but I feel you can't do that so much as a main tank. Winston also draws a HELL of a lot of fire. He's a huge target, with a huge crit box.

Maybe it's because I'm trying to be Rein or Zarya as Winston (when I'm "main tanking"), but he's not. I just couldn't imagine holding the choke point on Hanamura with Winston, but doing it with Rein or Zarya makes a lot of sense.

Yeah you definitely can't play Winston like Rein or Zarya, even if you are doing the main tanking. Plus, to successfully primary tank as Winston, you also need a composition/team that can support that. A sub-par composition can be just as much of a problem for you as Winston.

labx

Banned
Yeah, dual-zone is better than exponential ramp for turning 180º, but I don't like using it. I have 50/50 sensitivity, and I don't want to go higher than that right now, but assuming I'm playing Zen, I don't think I can turn around fast enough to face a Sombra directly behind me :\

I think I read somewhere that Sombra doesn't make noise while cloaked D:

That happened to me with the classic skin, but not with the legendary. Try switching.

It's been that way on ps4 for a month or two now, maybe when they started the Halloween deal or a bit before. Hopefully they fix it in the next patch.

it's a bug atm on consoles apparently

Thank you guys!

matmanx1

Im honestly contemplating buying a pc for overwatch
🤐🤐🤐

Do it!! Become one of us! While I would never dismiss someone because they play on the console I can say, without hesitation, that the PC version is just an objectively better experience due to the control setup and the higher graphical fidelity and framerate options.

Admittedly you need a nicer PC and, for the top end experience, a 120 or 144Hz monitor, but once you have that you will never want to go back to the console again.

PC is simultaneously better and worse. It's better because you have more control over your character but it's worse because of how toxic competitive can be.

Really? I feel like it's a lot harder on PC than on console. Maybe it's just me being bad but even your average Widowmaker on PC is a massive threat.

Eh, having played both versions I don't find either community better or worse. People can more freely communicate via text chat on the PC so you sometimes get some terribad conversations going but other than that the quality of the community is no different. The console just gives you an extra layer of insulation against the jerks in trade for worse communication options.

Owzers

Oversumo....I am now a master zenyatta for having two or three great games. Fear my orbs.

Also, I play on console and hate keyboard and mouse gaming, always have. Don't abandon the PS4 folks.

Oversumo....I am now a master zenyatta for having two or three great games. Fear my orbs.

Also, I play on console and hate keyboard and mouse gaming, always have. Don't abandon the PS4 folks.

I'll always be on PS4, for better or worse.

I'm one of those weirdos who actually do better with a controller than mouse/keyboard for FPSes.

DevilDog

Hey, have you gaffers heard about the attacking flanking torbjorn who sets up a turret behind the enemy point, captures it by himself and them proceeds to molten core and lose to a mei 1v1 while doing so?

Owzers

Hey, have you gaffers heard about the attacking flanking torbjorn who sets up a turret behind the enemy point, captures it by himself and them proceeds to molten core and lose to a mei 1v1 while doing so?
I never make it past the spawn room as Torb, somehow I get persuaded not to play him in comp despite knowing that's who we need most.

DevilDog

I never make it past the spawn room as Torb, somehow I get persuaded not to play him in comp despite knowing that's who we need most.

I should have specified that I was the mei and beat the torbjorn in his molten core state 1v1 and he only captured 1% of the point.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
New torbjorn might actually be useful just by making defending teams impossible to kill with all that armour

Torbjorn generating armour all the time with Sombra hacking health kits and mei being mei...

Just hope you never get a 2cp map.

Blues1990

New torbjorn might actually be useful just by making defending teams impossible to kill with all that armour

Torbjorn generating armour all the time with Sombra hacking health kits and mei being mei...

I'm really stoked for Torbjorn 2.0 coming to the main game, as it felt like a death trap to enter "No Man's Land" to retrieve scrap for armour packs. Now, I don't feel like I'm risking life and death and I can help support my healers and tanks (along with creating armour packs for myself) in a pinch.

While I wouldn't mind a few other QOL changes for the Scandinavian dwarf, I'll gladly take this.

I-hate-u

I hope they revert the turret damage on console as well. I am tired of people picking the character on defense on console, so might as well make him a viable pick.

Astral

Man I went down over 200 points in competitive last night. Feels bad. On the bright side, I had my best Mei game ever with 35 kills on a payload match and three other gold medals. I think I'm improving with her finally.

if you provide the rescue mei skin i'll do it! :p

I can exchange it for American McCree if you have it :p

I won't
because my laptop can't run the game

You have to believe more in yourself!

I know you can do it. When I see you picking Torb in comp and I start laughing, that justs means you have my approval :p

Blues1990

Man, today isn't my day. My plan was to practice & get better with Roadhog, Ana, and McCree, but the current Quick Play Mode has me facing off against well-coordinated team after coordinated team. It was very discouraging.

I think I'm going to wait until the new modes and Sombra will be added next week. Maybe I won't get my ass handed to me as badly.

Man, today isn't my day. My plan was to practice & get better with Roadhog, Ana, and McCree, but the current Quick Play Mode has me facing off against well-coordinated team after coordinated team. It was very discouraging.

I think I'm going to wait until the new modes and Sombra will be added next week. Maybe I won't get my ass handed to me as badly.

They won't get added next week, but the week after.

Also, yeah, I wanted to practice Roadhog a bit the other day but there was only roflstomps of which I am was on the receiving end.

Speaking of 'hog, I actually am pretty damn good landing my hooks, but the finishing off is a bit problematic for me still heh. <.<

Blues1990

They won't get added next week, but the week after.

Also, yeah, I wanted to practice Roadhog a bit the other day but there was only roflstomps of which I am was on the receiving end.

Speaking of 'hog, I actually am pretty damn good landing my hooks, but the finishing off is a bit problematic for me still heh. <.<

Ah, thank you for correcting me.

I can land his hooks pretty well. It's just that my foes will either land behind me, on the side, or my shotgun/melee doesn't connect. (An enemy Lucio had landed behind me, and he booped me off the map, and he then followed up with his laughing emote.)

Owzers

Why do we think the Sombra and arcade update won't hit until after the free weekend? You'd think they'd want the free weekend to allow people to try the new stuff.

Auctopus

Decided to play some Ranked seeing as it was the end of the season. I forgot how awful the points system is. Lose a match 2-3 with 54 eliminations. No, sorry you have to lose about 60 points.

Trample another team 3-0? Here's 1 point.

Decided to play some Ranked seeing as it was the end of the season. I forgot how awful the points system is. Lose a match 2-3 with 54 eliminations. No, sorry you have to lose about 60 points.

Trample another team 3-0? Here's 1 point.

Your SR was probably much higher than the average of the other team.

Yeah, tried practicing with McCree and got matched up with a party of 3 D.vas. I just went back to mystery heroes. Shame about the reduced experience in that mode though.

Why do we think the Sombra and arcade update won't hit until after the free weekend? You'd think they'd want the free weekend to allow people to try the new stuff.

If it was going to be out before the weekend they would have mentioned it to bring more people in right?

Two reasons.
Reason 1: The blurb about the free weekend said 22 heroes and 13 maps, and did not mention the Arcade, but rather the Weekly Brawl.
Reason 2: Blizzard mentioned they wouldn't do big (gameplay) content updates in mid-season anymore. Sombra counts as such. Season 2 ends around the 22nd.

AngryMoth

I really with on assault maps if the number of ticks your team gets on a point could be used to decide draws. So many draws on Hanamura recently. Just had a game where we took A on first push and then were pixels away from capping B several times, and held the enemy team comfortably without letting them get a tick. So frustrating

Got To The top 500 on xbox. But I don't get why I am still on diamond rank instead of master. I am at 3529 btw.

Are you sure?

You should have the symbol on the right, which has a similar color to diamond.

eek5

He is pretty tanky now too if you remember to drop yourself armor when you're getting attacked. Setting up an offense turret is still hard as shit though.

They should make the Top 500 icon green or purple or something to differentiate it better from Diamond.
Or make Diamond into Emerald league or something idk

Paltheos

Zen has been my most played character this season... although I haven't actually touched him in a while. It's becoming increasingly apparent that if we don't have an Ana (and esp. if the other team does), we're doing it wrong. In most situations anyway. If the other team is uncoordinated, regardless of their individual skill, Zen still shines because of that Discord Orb and because my unscoped aim with Ana sucks balls.

I found the trick to getting accustomed to dual zone controls.

1) Switch to them.
2) Let life completely bulldoze you for a week and some, to the point where you can't play.
3) Come back and jump right in.

Overwatch Surface gaming coming up!

I bought it because:

-At some point I'll probably have a PC, so fuck it.

-Testing PTR changes will be cool at the very least

-Morbidly curious if I've grown to enjoy mouse and keyboard controls at all, because I used to hate them.

-I'm bad with money

Don't worry Ps4 bros, that will still be my main platform, I'm thinking this will be a disaster.

Top Bottom