• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why am I always the only one going after Mercy? Do people forget that she's the number one target above all others? Are people so used to Ana that they don't realize that they're wasting their time ignoring here and going for frags on the other team when she's just going to negate their kills and have her ult back for the next fight every single time?

Jellie

Why am I always the only one going after Mercy? Do people forget that she's the number one target above all others? Are people so used to Ana that they don't realize that they're wasting their time ignoring here and going for frags on the other team when she's just going to negate their kills and have her ult back for the next fight every single time?

I think people have just forgotten what its like back when Mercy was in the meta. Back then she was always eliminated first if you wanted to win.

Had a great match where our team got stomped easily on round one ( we had a level 20 Mercy and level 12 Junkrat) but as the next round was starting up everyone was still saying hello and sitting around together.

No blaming. No angry, frustrated people.

We just played what we liked and kept looking for new ways to help each other out and started exploring weaknesses and won the next two fights.

This whole comp culture has certainly brought a dark side to this game but it's good to know there are people out there who are not only playing for fun but doing their best to work with new people no matter how far it strays from their expectations and experience.

Zakalwe

Banned
Damn, healing in this game is really fun.

Current fav characters (which will obviously change):

1. Zenyatta.
Unique design, moody voice work, and one of the most addictive healing mechanics I've ever used. His primary weapon feels very meaty for a healer too, managed to go on a few kill/heal rampages already.

2. Solider: 76
I thought this guy would draw me in with his familiarity and simplicity, and he did. He's like the ultimate COD warrior, I love the feeling of weight he has as he sprints/jumps around, and charging in with a full-clip/grenade blast and running into cover for a heal is a really fun loop.

3. Roadhog
GET OVER HERE! Chain, shotgun, punch. Pulling snipers off of their perches and squishing them to bits? Who wouldn't love that?!

-

The presentation, lobby systems, options, performance, artstyle... this is Blizzard at their absolute best. I've been looking for a new MP home for a while now, I think I just found it.

Kevyt

Damn, healing in this game is really fun.

Current fav characters (which will obviously change):

1. Zenyatta.
Unique design, moody voice work, and one of the most addictive healing mechanics I've ever used. His primary weapon feels very meaty for a healer too, managed to go on a few kill/heal rampages already.

2. Solider: 76
I thought this guy would draw me in with his familiarity and simplicity, and he did. He's like the ultimate COD warrior, I love the feeling of weight he has as he sprints/jumps around, and charging in with a full-clip/grenade blast and running into cover for a heal is a really fun loop.

3. Roadhog
GET OVER HERE! Chain, shotgun, punch. Pulling snipers off of their perches and squishing them to bits? Who wouldn't love that?!

-

The presentation, lobby systems, options, performance, artstyle... this is Blizzard at their absolute best. I've been looking for a new MP home for a while now, I think I just found it.

You should play Ana, she's the best healer at the moment and the meta revolves around her.

Also, sleep darting ulting genjis is such a rewarding feeling, you feel like a million bucks.

CrazyDude

I am really getting frustrated. The last 3 game two people keep dropping out whenever the other team gets one point. And my skill ranking keeps going lower and lower. It's getting tiring playing competitive mode when people keep dropping out.

Jblanks

I am really getting frustrated. The last 3 game two people keep dropping out whenever the other team gets one point. And my skill ranking keeps going lower and lower. It's getting tiring playing competitive mode when people keep dropping out.

Yea it's happening quite often to me too. Most of the time it's when we would probably win also, and it's usually a healer that leaves for some reason. Thankfully I've already hit master, as I'll probably go back to QP the majority of the time.

Dreavus

I ran into this a bit too, and there's nothing you can do. It really sucks.

I get why they can't find a replacements (not fair to the person filling in), but it just straight up unbalances the rest of the match especially if it comes up early on, like in round 1.

I think people have just forgotten what its like back when Mercy was in the meta. Back then she was always eliminated first if you wanted to win.
It's kinda funny, people are complaining about ana being op and going unchecked but it was like this before with mercy until people realised Ana was the more efficient healer. Mercy builds ult charge soooo quickly that she could easily get it up every fight.

There will probably always be one hero that needs to be taken out ASAP if you want to win.

Had a great match where our team got stomped easily on round one ( we had a level 20 Mercy and level 12 Junkrat) but as the next round was starting up everyone was still saying hello and sitting around together.

No blaming. No angry, frustrated people.

We just played what we liked and kept looking for new ways to help each other out and started exploring weaknesses and won the next two fights.

This whole comp culture has certainly brought a dark side to this game but it's good to know there are people out there who are not only playing for fun but doing their best to work with new people no matter how far it strays from their expectations and experience.

I agree. I was doing a comp match where we got smoked the first round. No one was on voice chat throwing a shitfit. Everyone kept spamming emotes at the start in a friendly way. We came back and won the next 3 pretty clean. Throwing temper tantrums and calling g your teammates shit is probably the dumbest thing you can do, no one is going to want to watch your back.

RockmanBN

What the hell. I just got the game and was playing the arcade 3v3 mode. I spent 3 hours drawing because the other team had an asshole who somehow glitched through a wall. What is this game.

Prelude.

What the hell. I just got the game and was playing the arcade 3v3 mode. I spent 3 hours drawing because the other team had an asshole who somehow glitched through a wall. What is this game.
Just report them. That glitch is pretty easy to replicate so people are going to abuse it until it gets fixed.

I wish they changed the point system in comp to make it more lenient for solo players.
I've lost 5 games in row last 2 days mostly due to team rng with a few "trolls".
(people who throw game on purpose)

I want something basic like 5-10 on loss, 20-30 on win so I can decently catch up at some point.

I wish they changed the point system in comp to make it more lenient for solo players.
I've lost 5 games in row last 2 days mostly due to team rng with a few "trolls".
(people who throw game on purpose)

I want something basic like 5-10 on loss, 20-30 on win so I can decently catch up at some point.
What? That makes no sense. Everyone would be grandmaster.

rulerk1

Reaper, Tracer and Genji have the funniest grunts when killed. Reaper's just kills me after dying to failed sneaks or horrible teleports

I've noticed when I save Overwatch videos on PS4, when I'm in the in-game group chat my voice isn't recorded in the video but everyone else's is. But it gets recorded when I'm in a party chat. Does anybody know why that is? Is there some sort of setting in the PS4 (or Overwatch) that I need to fix?

So have most of you guys been able to finish getting the winter holiday legendary skins?

There's only 2 days left of winter loot boxes.

Got Tracer, Mei and Winston but I've yet to get a nutcracker zenyatta drop ;_;

maomaoIYP

Does Yeti Winston and Nutcracker Zen have unique voice lines? Need to know if they are worth the 3k coins.
Out of the winter skins I only know Mei doesn't have a single voice line and Tracer has plenty.

So have most of you guys been able to finish getting the winter holiday legendary skins?

There's only 2 days left of winter loot boxes.

Got Tracer, Mei and Winston but I've yet to get a nutcracker zenyatta drop ;_;

I just got my second nutcracker. I still want/need Mei, Winston, Pharah... I think that's it actually. Unfortunately I really like all 3 of those, although no way in hell is Mei's worth 3k points. I'll probably buy Pharah's but I don't play Winston enough to justify the 3k points for his skin either.

ohkay

I just got my second nutcracker. I still want/need Mei, Winston, Pharah... I think that's it actually. Unfortunately I really like all 3 of those, although no way in hell is Mei's worth 3k points. I'll probably buy Pharah's but I don't play Winston enough to justify the 3k points for his skin either.
My justification is Yeti is Winston's best skin, and works out of season

KyleCross

I can't stand solo play anymore and despite always having peeps playing the game they never play with others or only play with certain people. It's fucking frustrating.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Does Yeti Winston and Nutcracker Zen have unique voice lines? Need to know if they are worth the 3k coins.
Out of the winter skins I only know Mei doesn't have a single voice line and Tracer has plenty.

While not as direct as most costume lines, Mei's costume changes her "you have to let it go" voice line.

Grisby

Heard some voice lines I haven't heard before.

D.VA upon spawn: "Hear me baby? Hold together."
Zarya when being hit: "That tickles."

In other words, I agree it seems like peeps in QP havent been going after Mercy today.
Reaper, Tracer and Genji have the funniest grunts when killed. Reaper's just kills me after dying to failed sneaks or horrible teleports
D.Va and Tracers falling off a cliff vo's are pretty damn funny too.

Gonna post this again to gauge interest

Anyone on PC who is down to scrim and do matches on PC should let me know. I'm thinking about setting up something where we do weeklies and I can cast and provide some feedback and stuff as well. I've been thinking of getting into casting a bit and setting up something on my own is probably the best way to do it. Plus it's good for team/strategy building as well, as we could run through positioning advice things/ that could synergize better and the like afterwards.

I would be so into this

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Winston has a new line when you go to Nepal. That's the only one I know of.

Players instalocking DPS when they just know how to play one of them... fml

If you want that role you have to know how to adapt.

And then we got a Symmetra main that constantly overextend getting picked 3 times in a row making it 5vs6 during the whole match and then puts a fucking teleporter on the last point in Gibraltar.

I'm so pissed right now, when we get games like this it seems like the only answer is playing with a 6-stack.

The only positive thing is that I finally got the Torb skin. Now I can finally give all I've got.

Vixdean

Just played a couple rounds with an attack Torb that was ...... good? Actually won both games I played with him and he wasn't just being carried, probably our best player. I'm not sure what to believe anymore, is this what a crisis of faith feels like?

cyborg009

Banned
Just played a couple rounds with an attack Torb that was ...... good? Actually won both games I played with him and he wasn't just being carried, probably our best player. I'm not sure what to believe anymore, is this what a crisis of faith feels like?

I had a attack torb player who flanked the enemy team and rekt them.

Wow, I've seen bad Reinhardts but I've probably encountered one of the worst ever. And he's a rein main.

High noon = running towards the mccree with no shield
Dva ult = charging towards the point where the mech is sitting

He's never actually holding his shield up, rarely firestrikes and is swinging around most of the time and doing blind charges into the enemy. Never seen a rein get hooked so many times by a roadhog

Had him for 3 games in a row....

AbaFadi

Banned

And then we got a Symmetra main that constantly overextend getting picked 3 times in a row making it 5vs6 during the whole match and then puts a fucking teleporter on the last point in Gibraltar.

I'm so pissed right now, when we get games like this it seems like the only answer is playing with a 6-stack.

The only positive thing is that I finally got the Torb skin. Now I can finally give all I've got.

Yeah at any rank before masters a 6-man group is a good idea. Solo q isn't really viable until you hit masters imo.

Tracer is my favorite character to play and she doesn't seem that good in competitive. Or is it just me? Does she need a buff? I wanna play her in competitive.

Owzers

Grats on getting the best skin in the game but there is no room for another Torb main.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
God this mei glitch is just ruining my night. How do you report people on psn? I'm at the point where if my team does it I wave at the other team and spiritually join their team. It's fucking infuriating and ruined my fucking stream.

I swear to god the only reason I post in this thread is to call out the bullshit that happens in this game. How can I be more positive bros?

KarmaCow

I don't understand people who would change a team comp that is winning in KotH.

Like, we're winning. Why fuck with it?

Eh, it's not crazy, some characters are better on different maps. Or maybe the person wasn't actually playing well as that character despite the team overall doing well. Or maybe they switched to a character to counter someone else who switched mid match and then just never died.

Or maybe they just got complacent and figured they could fuck around a bit. Dunno.

Kevyt

I cant seem to figure out genji, he's very difficult for me to use.

Half the time I don't know what I'm supposed to do and I'm getting wrecked by widows and hanzos on quickplay because I don't press E fast enough.

The pros make genji seem so easy to use but he really is very difficult to master. I honestly don't know what I should do, if I should continue practicing him or give up. So far I only have four hours of experience with him.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
God this mei glitch is just ruining my night. How do you report people on psn? I'm at the point where if my team does it I wave at the other team and spiritually join their team. It's fucking infuriating and ruined my fucking stream.

I swear to god the only reason I post in this thread is to call out the bullshit that happens in this game. How can I be more positive bros?

Wait, what glitch?

Top Bottom