• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Apathy

I hate these Reins that barely put up their shields and are scared to push. Why the hell did you pick Rein in the first place.

https://youtu.be/fosfOWyexxM

It will be fixed quick but it is annoying as fuck. Every game people do it. I have to snipe pick mei so my team doesn't be a bunch of assholes and do it.

Blizzard's habit of never closing off a map. How they haven't learned by now is just crazy. Pretty much every map had out of bound issues and they had to go and close them off, yet every new map they seem to forget. I'm sure oasis is going to have a lot of out of bounds places again

Yeah at any rank before masters a 6-man group is a good idea. Solo q isn't really viable until you hit masters imo.

Yeah it can be very random. Today we had really bad luck in our last two games, they weren't even enjoyable.

Grats on getting the best skin in the game but there is no room for another Torb main.

:(

There's always winter mystery, you can't stop me there by picking him faster than me.

Players instalocking DPS when they just know how to play one of them... fml

If you want that role you have to know how to adapt.

And then we got a Symmetra main that constantly overextend getting picked 3 times in a row making it 5vs6 during the whole match and then puts a fucking teleporter on the last point in Gibraltar.

I'm so pissed right now, when we get games like this it seems like the only answer is playing with a 6-stack.

The only positive thing is that I finally got the Torb skin. Now I can finally give all I've got.
Seems like I got out at a good time

Our group has 3 Santa torbs now tho and according to oversumo my best hero I'd a torb

Be on the lookout for the torb-tank meta this week boys

ISOM

I cant seem to figure out genji, he's very difficult for me to use.

Half the time I don't know what I'm supposed to do and I'm getting wrecked by widows and hanzos on quickplay because I don't press E fast enough.

The pros make genji seem so easy to use but he really is very difficult to master. I honestly don't know what I should do, if I should continue practicing him or give up. So far I only have four hours of experience with him.

Genji like Tracer are high skill characters. I would try looking at pro vods and ask yourself what you would do in this situation or think to yourself why they're doing this. As for Widow and Hanzo, they are pretty stationary targets so you should try to get the drop on them without them knowing where you are, throw some shurikens in and then finish it with a dash and some more shurikens. It's kinda important to hit your shurikens though otherwise you can't really finish off the squishy characters.

6 man is never a good idea, that's how you get carried. If you belong in Masters you can get there solo.

Maybe that's true, maybe it's not, what I know is that the games with full teams against full teams are always the best ones, even if you lose. You don't get the troll that picks widow when you lose the first point, you don't get "thanks" spamming when things are going to shit, you don't get kids yelling "fuck this game!!!" when we the game ends, etc.

I'd rather stay in diamond forever and play with the usual guys. After what I've witnessed in the beginning of this season I won't play solo anytime soon. Not saying that I belong in Masters, it's just that having fun is above that.

Seems like I got out at a good time

Our group has 3 Santa torbs now tho and according to oversumo my best hero I'd a torb

Be on the lookout for the torb-tank meta this week boys

Yes you did... or maybe not because if you didn't we wouldn't have got the same randoms lol

Maybe that's true, maybe it's not, what I know is that the games with full teams against full teams are always the best ones, even if you lose. You don't get the troll that picks widow when you lose the first point, you don't get "thanks" spamming when things are going to shit, you don't get kids yelling "fuck this game!!!" when we the game ends, etc.

I'd rather stay in diamond forever and play with the usual guys. After what I've witnessed in the beginning of this season I won't play solo anytime soon. Not saying that I belong in Masters, it's just that having fun is above that.

Yes you did... or maybe not because if you didn't we wouldn't have got the same randoms lol
Yup, totally agree. I don't mind losing as long as it was a close, good match. Solo Q comp is too frustrating for me now, although I can still put countless hours in to solo QP or Arcade.

And yeah I guess I also screwed y'all over, oops.

first game since coming back tonight

join a game with no healers who lost point a of anubis with over 830 to go

spam i need healing all the time and then thanks when they lose

maybe, switch to a healer instead of expecting me to keep you all alive 24/7?

Any game where I get a group that communicates well, it's a win.

Today I got mostly groups that refused to communicate. So a painful losing stretch.

Oh well.

Blues1990

Gonna post this again to gauge interest

Anyone on PC who is down to scrim and do matches on PC should let me know. I'm thinking about setting up something where we do weeklies and I can cast and provide some feedback and stuff as well. I've been thinking of getting into casting a bit and setting up something on my own is probably the best way to do it. Plus it's good for team/strategy building as well, as we could run through positioning advice things/ that could synergize better and the like afterwards.
I'm down. Striving for self-improvement is never a bad thing.

Blues1990

Does Yeti Winston and Nutcracker Zen have unique voice lines? Need to know if they are worth the 3k coins.
Out of the winter skins I only know Mei doesn't have a single voice line and Tracer has plenty.
Yeti Winston has some fun voice lines. He will say "Yeti's bounce." when you land & squish an enemy player. He will also randomly say "People here call me an unidentified mysterious animal." & will say "This yeti's sunk." when he respawns.

darklin0

Banned
"HEROES NEVER OOOOINNNHHH"

Kills me every single time haha. That and when Ana falls off the map and wails for ten seconds straight. Fucking laughing thinking about it right now hahahaha.

When Ana sleeps darts Pharah mid ult she says, "I think justice could use a little nap."

My favorite voice line in the whole game, I love it.

Meccs

Is there any reason to not have a solo queue except the fact that groups would have to wait longer to get games going which probably 60-80% of the players wouldn't care about?

Mupod

Why do the ones who NEVER talk always complain about people not being in the voice channel? I'm always in it and I still get bitched at. I don't understand.

I guess I made the mistake of trying to do competitive with friends, the matchmaking broke or something and put us up against unbeatable teams far above us all night until we took a break and reformed the group. Now my rating is down in the place where I have some kid screeching at me because I'm 'not doing enough damage on zenyatta' despite having been top damage/heals/kills up to the end when our tanks started playing TDM in a tunnel leaving the healers to frantically try and get the payload the last 5m.

Rizzi

Just when I think Overwatch is fun Symmetra makes me angry again.
But expecting balance from Blizzard is laughable I guess, so here we go giving her a weapon able to kill tanks in a second MORE range, an ult that gives everyone in a ridiculous radius shields and then let Torb give her armour. Seems balanced to me!
Fucking done with this shitty game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
People treating sym like a tank killer seems ridiculous to me.

EDIT: Couldn't fucking load me into a game and I had to quit out, banning me for 10mins and losing 50SR.

So that's great.

Satch

Banned
But expecting balance from Blizzard is laughable I guess, so here we go giving her a weapon able to kill tanks in a second MORE range, an ult that gives everyone in a ridiculous radius shields and then let Torb give her armour. Seems balanced to me!
You dont like every 200 hp character becoming some kind of 350 hp monster after months of ana making every tank into some kind of invincible killing machine ? XD

Skii

People treating sym like a tank killer seems ridiculous to me.

If anything, she enables the tank meta even more. If you even dared to run a DPS on attack, Symmetra will ensure that you have absolutely no chance of making it work into a triple tank set up.

IKizzLE

The amount of throwers in masters and grandmasters is so ridiculous and ruins the enjoyment of this game. Everybody has like 3 smurf accounts and just doesn't give a fuck.

Antiwhippy

If anything, she enables the tank meta even more. If you even dared to run a DPS on attack, Symmetra will ensure that you have absolutely no chance of making it work into a triple tank set up.

Does she? If you go triple tank with sym who does she replace? She sure as fuck doesn't replace the DPS. And as a support does the 75 shields makes up for say, sacrificing speed boost with lucio? I would argue that it does actually on static defenses where it's not as important, but then you're trading out a passive heal for another passive heal.

Satch

Banned
Does she? If you go triple tank with sym who does she replace? She sure as fuck doesn't replace the DPS. And as a support does the 75 shields makes up for say, sacrificing speed boost with lucio? I would argue that it does actually on static defenses where it's not as important, but then you're trading out a passive heal for another passive heal.
On eichenwald we gave up lucio and i solo healed as ana

Antiwhippy

That's what I mean, she's good in that situation but I don't think she enables triple tank. You're essentially just having a different type of aura heal with better defensive capabilities.

Blues1990

With the exception of combating a Symmetra player at medium to long range, I can't fathom how to deal with that character at close range.

Antiwhippy

As a tank? Rein can just stay swinging, zarya can buy extra time with bubbles to melt her down, Winston can just walk forward and press mouse 1, dva has so much armour it takes extra long to melt which by the time the sym really should be dead, and roadhog can just shoot or hook.

For every dps make sure your aim game is strong. Mccree possibly has the easiest time with flashbang.

Mind you these are all 1v1 which i still think sym is terrible at. She still excels being the damage modifier in a teamfight. Which is why she would be a somewhat high priority target because you do not want her to build up her 3 charges.

So my PS4 just started reinstalling all 12Gb of patches for some reason and is telling me my current version of the game is 1.00 even though I was playing just last night.

That ever happened to you guys ?

That's gonna take hours to finish goddamnit

Rizzi

Enemy widowmaker does not have her ult up. I am sombra, I am invisible and down a corridor from her. She spins around 180 degrees and headshots me.
Seems legit.

caesar

Banned

Wut, symm sucks vs tanks.

Top Bottom