• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

xCobalt

Anyone on PS4 wanna play? Wouldn't mind grouping up for competitive either. Been hovering around 2800, going back and forth between wins and losses.

matmanx1

Jesus Christ. It looks bad, but I expected that, honestly, it's playable. But I fucking HATE the keyboard and mouse. I cannot move and use my abilities naturally at all. I'm always watching people make these great maneuvers and I always wonder how their fingers must be moving and how hard it would be, It's as bad as I thought. I can't use e, can't jump, can't even easily shift and move. I'm sure it's a practice thing, but god damn, doesn't feel natural at ALL.

I felt pretty much the same way when I tried console Overwatch for the first time. It's just muscle memory and practice. Once your fingers and brain get accustomed to it you will flow like water. It's worth the time.

Squire

Banned
So everyone is just ok with Pharah getting that "buff" huh? No console players here that feel like she's a pain in the ass already? It's not like we have the accuracy of PC gamers. Jesus.

Edit: Feels so good when you get to beat an enemy team that uses Pharah, Lucio, RoadHog, Winston, DVA and whatever other hero that can push you off the edge in maps like Nepal, Ilios, etc.

Had a match yesterday where almost all of the heroes had that advantage; we still kicked won (though they did beat us in those levels where you could be pushed off the ledge).

Pharah's pretty controlled in the current meta. I don't really bother to bring her out since an enemy S76 or McCree will shout me down each time.

There's nothing to guarantee that change is coming to console though either.

Nimby

Banned
Anyone play Overwatch on this? Hopefully after Christmas I can get a job to save up for it, a full on gaming PC just isn't possible atm.

DevilDog

I mean it's not a good setup. Game runs like crap, etc. I really don't know if this is the right time to give 20+ hours to the PC version just to get used to the controls. I like having access to PTR though.

Damn, is it really that bad? I always played the piano like a maniac so picking up the keyboard was child's play. I've heard of many people having the same issue and overcoming it sooner rather than later though.

Haven't you ever typed a Document before with a keyboard? It's pretty much the same for controlling your character, use your fingers to move/type and your thumb to press space.

Skii

Jesus Christ. It looks bad, but I expected that, honestly, it's playable. But I fucking HATE the keyboard and mouse. I cannot move and use my abilities naturally at all. I'm always watching people make these great maneuvers and I always wonder how their fingers must be moving and how hard it would be, It's as bad as I thought. I can't use e, can't jump, can't even easily shift and move. I'm sure it's a practice thing, but god damn, doesn't feel natural at ALL.

Trust me, I was the absolute worst on the keyboard and mouse. So bad that I managed to ult near spawn because I thought I was pressing E lol. It just takes time and it will become natural. It took me around a month to be honest. And even now, I'm still trying to add crouch spam and melee to my game. Just have to take it one step at a time.

Damn, is it really that bad? I always played the piano like a maniac so picking up the keyboard was child's play. I've heard of many people having the same issue and overcoming it sooner rather than later though.

Haven't you ever typed a Document before with a keyboard? It's pretty much the same for controlling your character, use your fingers to move/type and your thumb to press space.
I don't see how it's like typing at all. Especially with one hand on the mouse.

Obviously it's just a time thing, and the rewards are the excellent control and precision that kb+m offers. But yea, I'm a ways off from that.

Jellie

Trust me, I was the absolute worst on the keyboard and mouse. So bad that I managed to ult near spawn because I thought I was pressing E lol. It just takes time and it will become natural. It took me around a month to be honest. And even now, I'm still trying to add crouch spam and melee to my game. Just have to take it one step at a time.
You forgot to include one detail in your ult by spawn story. You death blossomed in a dragon strike outside spawn and died😂
I had a reaper randomly ult on the payload because of a misclick yesterday. Luckily the team took it on the chin and we managed to still win.

Had a weird match on Ilios. We were losing hard, so at the 0-2 match our Roadhog said 'fuck it' and picked Bastion and I switched to Ana.

We won the next 3 rounds, so fuck the meta, I guess.

Meta doesn't really matter so much except at high ranks. I wish people weren't so obsessed with it honestly

Fancolors

I don't think it'll be "easy" but definitely manageable on low.

@ original question just YouTube 940mx overwatch and then try and find a spec that's closest to your laptop :)
That's my definition of easy :v

940m and 940mx are decent budget cards, just don't expect to run any new AAA release at 60 fps.

matmanx1

Anyone play Overwatch on this? Hopefully after Christmas I can get a job to save up for it, a full on gaming PC just isn't possible atm.

I have a worse desktop (old AMD chip and a 7 something Nvidia card) in my office and I can run 60fps in Overwatch on medium settings. That laptop is better in every way.

eek5

Just played my first game as Reinhardt. It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. I felt I was a bit too passive though.

Make sure you're firing striking a lot. Helps build ult and makes u stronk when u go aggressive. If they have good zarya be careful though you don't want to make her stronk too ;_;

Lemstar

I have Overwatch installed on a similar model.

It's definitely playable, but I also wouldn't call it satisfactory - the game runs at 60fps comfortably with everything turned to minimum at 50% rendering scale, but that's not especially enjoyable to look at.

AbaFadi

Banned
Just played my first game as Reinhardt. It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. I felt I was a bit too passive though.

The key to playing reinhardt really well is knowing when to drop shield and start swinging. Also don't charge into the enemy backline. I would also suggest to not throw firestrikes when you have ult unless you know it'll kill someone, since you'll be charging healer ultimates when you do that.

komaruR

i'l say best just save a bit more for a gtx 960m atleast. think they should be around $700 range too or lower during blackfriday.

xaosslug

everybody's going to PC-rapture, meanwhile I'm persuading my brother to jump in on PS4 so I can have someone to duoQ with! xD

I-hate-u

A Reinhardt lives or dies by his teammates. If people on your team don't fire behind your shield and protect you then Rein becomes a wasted slot of a character that feeds.

Also a passive Rein most of the time is better than an aggressive one for his team.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
A Reinhardt lives or dies by his teammates. If people on your team don't fire behind your shield and protect you then Rein becomes a wasted slot of a character that feeds.

Also a passive Rein most of the time is better than an aggressive one for his team.

Entirely dependant on the situation honestly. If your team is going in don't just sit back.

Auctopus

What does a flashing purply icon mean in Ranked? Just matched with someone on my team. Is that Diamond? I'm Platinum.

Edit: he was terrible, assuming it was "please be nice, it's my first day icon"

Jellie

The key to playing reinhardt really well is knowing when to drop shield and start swinging. Also don't charge into the enemy backline. I would also suggest to not throw firestrikes when you have ult unless you know it'll kill someone, since you'll be charging healer ultimates when you do that.
I dunno if it's right but when I have ult with Reinhardt I deliberately miss my firestrikes. If you stop firestriking the enemy Reinhardt will know you have ult up and half the battle is mind games between the two. Then again I'm a rubbish Reinhardt

Azoor

I had a terrible game where our healer switched to a Junkrat for no real reason and we lost the game because of it.

I would have switched, but I was the only tank.

I had a terrible game where our healer switched to a Junkrat for no real reason and we lost the game because of it.

I would have switched, but I was the only tank.

You know what? The day I decided to just play the role I play best or feel like I had so much more fun with this game. To tank or heal for some of the player base in here is like trying to keep a horseshit alive to win a war.

Top Bottom