• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The explosion is situationally good, but what makes self destruct so good is that it basically turns her into a 1200hp character with 800 of those as armour.

Zakalwe

Banned
On my way home after the celebrations and this game is stuck on my mind. It's been a while since getting home to play was exciting.

Damn, I was under the impression that the Christmas even wasn't ending until the 3rd, but apparently it's tomorrow. I'm away from home until tomorrow around midday GMT. I wonder if the event will still be active then, as I have 3900 coins to spend.

Has Blizzard talked at all about providing modding tools, or even a map-making suite? I recall reading something about that, but can't seem to find a source any more.

NeoRaider

And here i am getting that Pharah Frostbite skin for the 5th time...
Still no McCree, Hog, Sombra, Zarya... and i don't even want to mention Legendary ones.

Naarmight

And here i am getting that Pharah Frostbite skin for the 5th time...
Still no McCree, Hog, Sombra, Zarya... and i don't even want to mention Legendary ones.

I think getting 3 Legendary Zarya emotes is worse, that gold icon gets me every time....

I am tempted to spend the coins on the Torbjorn skin just for the "Merry Molten Core" line

Ertai

Man, PC community is trash. Got rated at 2000 competitive. Lost 2 games and dropped to 1809 then steadily climbed back up only to end up losing 7 games in a row spread over 2 days. People not bothering with the enemy pharah, people going all over the map getting themselves killed. People not switching it up when they face their hard counter. People consistently begging for the meta 2-2-2 only to lost just as hard because everyone is doing as they please.

Sitting at 2800 on the PS4 and then coming to this is just terrible and as a solo queueu'er mostly playing support there's nothing i can really do about it. Winning 2 and losing 8 in 2 days is just the most terribly feeling. 41.79% winrate on PC vs 54.55% winrate on PS4

I thoughtI was going to miss out on spending 3900 coins on Christmas skins as I'm away from home until tomorrow but I called my girlfriend and talked her through switching on my computer, starting up Overwatch, and buying a couple of skins.

So my final Christmas skin haul is:

Nutcracker Zenyatta
Santa Mei
Yeti Winston
Santa Torbjorn
Scrooge McCree
Rudolph Roadhog
Peppermint Sombra

I'm content with that, considering I haven't bought any lootboxes for this event.

ISOM

Ugh, I'm seriously regretting the torb rework because they've done enough to make people think that picking him is a good idea but not enough to make him not garbage.

What do people think of the idea giving Torb the ability to set up level 2 turrets instantly? How big of a buff is that?

Nah. it's been fairly well established now that Zarya doesn't counter D.Va anymore. The bonus health and the fact beam properly interacts with armor now is enough to kill that notion. D.Va may not be the best char in the game (she's not Ana, Rein, or Lucio), but that doesn't mean she isn't mad broke and a huge problem.
Is there any definitive proof of the armour thing? I've googled about it and can't find anything concrete. Gamepedia even says it's a myth.

Also this influx of bad torb players in comp
😒😒😒😒😒

Luckily the player realised their mistake and switched to Soldier after his first death

What do people think of the idea giving Torb the ability to set up level 2 turrets instantly? How big of a buff is that?
Wouldn't they just be level 1 then lol

But no that would be annoying as hell in firefights

On console at least I'd buff his R2 damage and make his level 2 turret have 350 health. I think that'd be good but idk.

Honestly I don't use torb in comp but he really is pretty good on console defense. Whenever I play him in qp I get multiple golds and we usually win without the first point even being taken on 2cp or hybrid maps. He's also my overall highest rated character on oversumo lol

Sorry for giving ya shit owzers, luv u bb

Jellie

Lucio then I guess.

Wanna group for xp?
Studying right now. Might practice some roadhog or Tracer in QP later.
Playing Lucio is an easy way to get tilted. Luckily for you you don't want to win too many I guess.
Also how can you not be good with Lucio? He's one of the easiest to play?

caesar

Banned
Studying right now. Might practice some roadhog or Tracer in QP later.
Playing Lucio is an easy way to get tilted. Luckily for you you don't want to win too many I guess.
Also how can you not be good with Lucio? He's one of the easiest to play?

I thought lucio was easy until I watched that DSPStanky guy, hes crazy.

hypernima

Banned
Like whippy said a roadhog is either gonna lose a 1v1 or almost die from it against d.va. I still maintain her hardest counter is mei.

I love vsing Dva as Mei. Jump around freeze/freeze again/melee reload.
Get her out the mech like cracking a crab full of sweet sweet crabmeat.

Jellie

I thought lucio was easy until I watched that DSPStanky guy, hes crazy.

I mean he has a low skill floor and high ceiling. So it's easy to play him well but hard to master. I managed to get to 70 in season 1 with him with 90% solo queing before I got fed up with him. If you got knowledge on the game then its easy to do well with him and I'm pretty sure you do since you got to masters by accident.

DSPStanky has a unique playstyle with him that I doubt you'd see much since it's pretty high rish high reward so I wouldn't focus on trying to play it like him unless you really intend to learn everything there is to him like all the good ways to escape, get to places for optimal boop off maps etc which you can do by watching his streams and playing like 200 hours of Lucio. Pretty sure you don't intend to do all that for a smurf. If I had another account I would use it to learn characters I intend to use on my main account but I'm not good with such as Roadhog. If you wanna use Lucio then consider if you would use him on your main account?

caesar

Banned
I mean he has a low skill floor and high ceiling. So it's easy to play him well but hard to master. I managed to get to 70 in season 1 with him with 90% solo queing before I got fed up with him. If you got knowledge on the game then its easy to do well with him and I'm pretty sure you do since you got to masters by accident.

DSPStanky has a unique playstyle with him that I doubt you'd see much since it's pretty high rish high reward so I wouldn't focus on trying to play it like him unless you really intend to learn everything there is to him like all the good ways to escape, get to places for optimal boop off maps etc which you can do by watching his streams and playing like 200 hours of Lucio. Pretty sure you don't intend to do all that for a smurf. If I had another account I would use it to learn characters I intend to use on my main account but I'm not good with such as Roadhog. If you wanna use Lucio then consider if you would use him on your main account?

I used him abit on my main and have a positive wr. Usually just doing simple stuff like initiating fights and counter ulting though.

Jellie

So, when exactly does the event end? Will I be okay for the rest of tonight?
Tomorrow but don't risk it since they've always ended an hour earlier than planned.
:( oh well, the only other game I play I stardew valley. Bought FFXV but it was a mistake lul.

Yeah I'm ok but he doesnt carry which is the main thing.

Carrying with Lucio is near impossible. He can do stuff that increases the chance of winning the team fight but straight up carry is too much.

caesar

Banned
Tomorrow but don't risk it since they've always ended an hour earlier than planned.

Carrying with Lucio is near impossible. He can do stuff that increases the chance of winning the team fight but straight up carry is too much.

Yeah thats what I mean, so I wont be throwing the games but its basically up to my team.

Top Bottom