• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

I guess I finally became toxic today but it was justified.

I never shittalk other people over mic, ever.

We were in QP, attack on volskaya and an Ana and Bastion kept bitching about the team in general. Yeah we had a shitty genji who liked to charge in by himself but the Ana and Bastion were still be annoying as hell.

"This is why I hate matchmaking"
"Will we get a game with good teammates next round? Probably not"

So here I am sitting as a soldier who solo capped Point A despite only having a few hours on Soldier, with silver elims, gold damage, gold objective kills, silver objective time and silver healing finally pop in.

"Pretty ironic that you guys are talking shit in qp of all places especially when part of your duo has an attack Bastion"

"blagh I have gold elims as Bastion blagh"

"Yeah ok but I have gold damage and silver elims, how the hell does a bastion not have gold damage? You're probably just tagging enemies and they're getting finished off by other people considering I'm the gold in damage and objective kills."

Ana jumps in: "Why are you starting shit with her man, shouldn't you be focusing on the Genji?"

"Well the Genji might not be the greatest but he also doesn't even have a mic to defend himself and it's fucking quickplay, I had to go on mic just to ask you guys to be quiet. Nobody wants to hear your bitching about shitty teammates in qp, especially if you guys aren't wiping the floor with everyone else"

"Wow you have such a big penis dude good job"

and then they spammed thanks when they lost

genji was the only one with a card

Just lost a game to Rein/Mercy/Bastion as my team refused to switch up the comp to counter them with Zarya or Sym.

On our defense team says "lets do the same thing" and I say that they will expect that because of how hard they shat on us and just use Sym and Zarya.

You'll never guess how that went.

JHall

I'll never understand why people complain about quickplay matches. It's there to practice new heros, not go full on sweaty.

caesar

Banned
Just lost a game to Rein/Mercy/Bastion as my team refused to switch up the comp to counter them with Zarya or Sym.

On our defense team says "lets do the same thing" and I say that they will expect that because of how hard they shat on us and just use Sym and Zarya.

How does Zarya or Sym counter that?

Yazzees

hoo boy i placed into silver

think i'm gonna hide in quickplay for a season or two and work out the kinks

the kinks being everything

AbaFadi

Banned

I wouldn't say those are counters. If anything a genji and a D.Va would counter that, but you could probably find something better. Zarya bubbles would get shredded in less than a second and sym will die before she gets close to the bastion.

Jellie

I wouldn't say those are counters. If anything a genji and a D.Va would counter that, but you could probably find something better. Zarya bubbles would get shredded in less than a second and sym will die before she gets close to the bastion.

The point of symmetera would be that her secondary goes through the shields. Still not a counter though since mercy will heal it up.

Butane123

Does the event end tonight or tomorrow night at some time? Wanted to buy the Pharah skin, but won't be home until late tomorrow and fear I'm going to miss it.

Dunno if I can play much tomorrow so ended up buying the last two things I wanted, being Pharah's skin and WM's highlight intro.

Already gotten Mei's skin and Zarya's emote. Didn't care for anything else. Gotten Sombra and Reaper's skin as added extra.

D.Va is probably the best Bastion counter even before her recent buff.
DVa is only a good counter if she is just standing here with DM up while someone else kills bastion. Even at point blank range she doesn't do enough damage to kill him before he shreds her mech.

xaosslug

it's not really a counter per se, but it's a decent strategy to that particular comp. Symm's barrier + balls of death would def. fuck with the enemies stationary confidence, and when they're repositioning your team could find an opening.

now, if the enemy has a D.Va as well... then that fucks up Symm pretty hard w/ that strat. xD

DVa is only a good counter if she is just standing here with DM up while someone else kills bastion. Even at point blank range she doesn't do enough damage to kill him before he shreds her mech.

usually use is DM, zoom in, get in some shots before he breaks me out of my meka, and then finish him off w/ pistol + melee. :D

Nimby

Banned

That's what makes her good against him. Not to mention she is immortal.

Apathy

i haaaaate every person that picks mccree and can't fucking aim at a pharah. at that point why the fuck did you pick that character, would have been better off with an attack torb at that point

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
i haaaaate every person that picks mccree and can't fucking aim at a pharah. at that point why the fuck did you pick that character, would have been better off with an attack torb at that point

Tbf, it's not always his fault. Is your team creating enough space for him to work with? Because he is a character that needs that space. Soldier too honestly.

Like, if he's going to aim up to shoot the pharah he doesn't have time to also worry about the soldier shooting at him or the rein swinging a hammer in his face.

There's dps being bad but there are also cases where the tanks and supports aren't also doing their job properly. I've seen a lot of bad tanks that don't know how to create space for the team. And if it's a pharah being pocketed by mercy he should also expect the same pocketing, if not it can be to his disadvantage.

I see this quite a bit on PS4. I've been on teams that insta pick McCree at character select and won't switch at all, then they get mauled by Pharah.

Apathy

Tbf, it's not always his fault. Is your team creating enough space for him to work with? Because he is a character that needs that space. Soldier too honestly.

Like, if he's going to aim up to shoot the pharah he doesn't have time to also worry about the soldier shooting at him or the rein swinging a hammer in his face.

There's dps being bad but there are also cases where the tanks and supports aren't also doing their job properly. I've seen a lot of bad tanks that don't know how to create space for the team. And if it's a pharah being pocketed by mercy he should also expect the same pocketing, if not it can be to his disadvantage.

i was rein protecting everything from in front of him. he just couldn't aim for shit

Jblanks

How about when that person picks McCree and can't aim at a Mcree or Mei, and I as Zen have to switch off and pick those 2 off with Hanzo and we got the payload to the point..

patchday

I guess I finally became toxic today but it was justified.

I never shittalk other people over mic, ever.

We were in QP, attack on volskaya and an Ana and Bastion kept bitching about the team in general. Yeah we had a shitty genji who liked to charge in by himself but the Ana and Bastion were still be annoying as hell.

"This is why I hate matchmaking"
"Will we get a game with good teammates next round? Probably not"

So here I am sitting as a soldier who solo capped Point A despite only having a few hours on Soldier, with silver elims, gold damage, gold objective kills, silver objective time and silver healing finally pop in.

"Pretty ironic that you guys are talking shit in qp of all places especially when part of your duo has an attack Bastion"

"blagh I have gold elims as Bastion blagh"

"Yeah ok but I have gold damage and silver elims, how the hell does a bastion not have gold damage? You're probably just tagging enemies and they're getting finished off by other people considering I'm the gold in damage and objective kills."

Ana jumps in: "Why are you starting shit with her man, shouldn't you be focusing on the Genji?"

"Well the Genji might not be the greatest but he also doesn't even have a mic to defend himself and it's fucking quickplay, I had to go on mic just to ask you guys to be quiet. Nobody wants to hear your bitching about shitty teammates in qp, especially if you guys aren't wiping the floor with everyone else"

"Wow you have such a big penis dude good job"

and then they spammed thanks when they lost

genji was the only one with a card

dang what an unexpected twist at the end lol they probably motivated him to fight harder. Some folks either shutdown or try harder

Apathy

just played a game as soldier in qp defense with 350 hp

felt like the fucking terminator goddamn

and when you're on the other side everyone feels like a raid boss. with an ana healing and another tanks there those 40 minute matches on hanamura are just painful

antitrop

How about when that person picks McCree and can't aim at a Mcree or Mei, and I as Zen have to switch off and pick those 2 off with Hanzo and we got the payload to the point..

That happened to me a lot in Platinum. Thankfully less in Diamond.

I didn't switch to Hanzo, I just stayed as Zen and did the work that way. But yeah, lots of McCrees that would be 100% better off just playing Soldier and spray n praying, pre-buff even.

Having an enemy team in comp being composed of Hanzo, Widow, Sombra, Lucio, Zen, Hog. And the Lucio wasn't at the start, he was a Genji at first so they only had a Zen solo heal at the start.

They didn't go very far. Almost felt sorry for them.

ugh, accidentally leaned on my chair weirdly and changed my tone and limiter settings on my headphones and now the sound sounds weird but idr what I had it set to ;_;

rulerk1

ate a Mei ult in comp today and she focused down on me hard no mattter if it costs her life. my ult also killed a lot of people because she was she walled it onto on the point lul. Man if console had text chat lul

huh so apparently I had my headphones on the base boost setting all this time

switched them to factory settings and all the sounds sound weird and twangy

either gonna stick with base boost or bass and treble boost

the game sounds fucking bad at default lol

cHinzo

Won a game on Route 66 with attack Sombra, Hanzo, Widowmaker, Zenyatta, Pharah and Lucio at 3.2k lol. Finally a day with more wins than losses. :D

IKizzLE

73 in Season 1 when Top 500 was 75.
3797 in Season 2 when Top 500 was 3820.
I thought I was cursed. NOT ANYMORE YOU FUCKING GAME.

15800527_10155628041833662_5178287708459839034_o.jpg

maomaoIYP

I got a little burned out playing non stop over the past week so I burned 5000 coins to buy the yeti skin and everything else that I wanted.

Anbec7

Well I finally build my PC for this and other games.. any tips that I should be aware for the settings? I mean I'm honestly a n00b at this but when I put the graphics on ultra it remains on 59//60fps.
Coming from console this looks... more fluid is it gonna be hard to get used to it?
Thanks!

Jblanks

That happened to me a lot in Platinum. Thankfully less in Diamond.

I didn't switch to Hanzo, I just stayed as Zen and did the work that way. But yeah, lots of McCrees that would be 100% better off just playing Soldier and spray n praying, pre-buff even.
Yea it was kind of a salty switch by me because I was pissed, but it worked.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Got accused of using an aimbot while playing Zenyatta tonight, feels good. lol. My new favorite character to solo-queue ranked with. People think you're a healer but you still get gold medals for damage now and then. Keep your tank buffed, melt theirs, 2-3 hit squishy divers.

MrPanic

Welp, probably not gonna play before the event ends so I just spend my coins on Yeti Winston, Peppermint Sombra and the Widowmaker highlight. It basically cost me all my coins so it looks like I'll need to grind some more before next event. The last box gave me Zarya's legendary emote which was pretty nice. Overall a nice haul this event, including the epic skins of Zarya, Reaper, Pharah, Roadhog, McCree and the legendary skins of Tjor and Tracer. Kinda sad I still had to spend some coins to get what I really wanted, but after the lootbox luck I had during the halloween event (all four legends) and some pretty good drops this winter event I can't really complain.

Top Bottom