• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Kito

Find and destroy tp > go back to team > oh, team got wiped by Symmetra > hear new tp spawn > die to microwave

and repeat a hundred times.

Ult charge nerf when?

ricelord

73 in Season 1 when Top 500 was 75.
3797 in Season 2 when Top 500 was 3820.
I thought I was cursed. NOT ANYMORE YOU FUCKING GAME.

15800527_10155628041833662_5178287708459839034_o.jpg

nice

When did this wall glitch in Antarctica become present? Trying to grind out these arcade wins and people just run the time out with it. This sucks lol

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
This game is fun but not "play for hours" fun. I get one loot box and that's about all the session I can handle.

Veelk

Banned
Symmetra's shield generator is arguably the most broken thing in the game. Whoever has it is the automatic victor of any non-ult spewing team fight until it's destroyed.

Symmetra's beam is pretty crazy too. I was a regular player before they buffed her and I thought her beam length was fine because of how crazy powerful it was. Now, I get regular multikills and can frequently take down tanks. All you really need to do is catch them by surprise. The second they spend trying to reorient themselves to find you is all you need to get a fighting chance.

Mupod

Crawled all the way up to Platinum after having my rating put in the dumpster down to 1800 from one bad night playing with friends where we went on a 10+ losing streak. Also, as a handicap one of my friends insists on playing DPS Ana. It's like training in 100 times normal gravity.

Had about 6000g from all the dupe Mei skins I got...fucking 5 of them. Bought Nutcracker Zenyatta and Rudolph Roadhog with some highlight intros for each. Only thing I don't have is Santa Torb and I literally never play him.

Anyways, could probably get a gold weapon for Zarya if I put some more time in. No idea how long the season will last but I'll probably just take a break until the next event.

I have never hated any game ever in history like how I hate 1v1 Overwatch

How could someone do 1v1 Winston, look at that and say 'this is fine'

Ambient80

Dang. How do I tell a couple friends that they're awful? Lmao. I try to coach them, and they're new to most shooters anyway so I'm always nice, but damn it's hard haha. One insists only playing Torb, regardless of situation. The other switches between tanks and healers as needed which is nice, but he's just really bad at both.

They do both really like the game though, which just makes it fun.

*deep breath* Back to coaching... ;)

Dang. How do I tell a couple friends that they're awful? Lmao. I try to coach them, and they're new to most shooters anyway so I'm always nice, but damn it's hard haha. One insists only playing Torb, regardless of situation. The other switches between tanks and healers as needed which is nice, but he's just really bad at both.

Say that you only play ranked and that they have to level up before they can play with you again. (Don't do this)

NeoRaider

Find and destroy tp > go back to team > oh, team got wiped by Symmetra > hear new tp spawn > die to microwave

and repeat a hundred times.

Ult charge nerf when?

I experienced yesterday Symmetra on my team charging her Ulti in first 5 seconds. She placed turrets on the exit while Junkrat placed his trap. Rein got trapped, and Symmetra + her turrets were melting him, while their Ana still in spawn was healing that Rein. Our Symmetra had her Ulti ready in 5 sec.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
we had a guy switch to widow after we lost the first 2cp round

last round was a tiebreaker, he switched to mercy but didn't res even though he had it

No, this isn't a case of people being bad, it's that they actively aren't actually healing anyone other than one guy.

First time encountering idiots using the Mei glitch in 3v3

Had a couple of 30 minute matches where we eventually won both. Get fucked losers

One dude sent my friend messages saying "just quit" after we kept bringing it to draws. If you catch people doing that shit, a nice strat is pick Sombra and 76 and rush them right off the bat. Hack Mei and shoot her into oblivion

If this is going to be as frequent as I'm assuming it will be I'll probably drop 3v3 until it's fixed. Really stupid shit

Danj

Since there's no report feature on console, where do I have to tell on this motherfucker ? I kept the video just in case.

Wow, really? PC best version confirmed then.

I guess you could create a ticket with Blizzard CS? And link them to the video or something.

Odrion

Banned

pick a stupid overpowered hero with a really good solo presence and get really good with them

that's how I managed it. i mean, teamwork is valuable, but man can you overcome a LOT as a good Ana or DVA.

Sande

How could someone do 1v1 Winston, look at that and say 'this is fine'
I think Winston is one of the more tactical match-ups. I mean, sure, it's just 2 guys electrocuting each other for a minute... if they're both idiots. But by managing reloads, jumps and punching, the better player can eke out an advantage. Definitely not my favourite but not all that bad either.

Symmetra, Bastion and Torbjörn are match-ups that the other guy can make hell by camping since they all reward being passive. 1v1 (and 3v3 to a lesser extend) do have a problem with camping and running away. Those modes need something like a control point that activates in the center in the last minute.

First time encountering idiots using the Mei glitch in 3v3

Had a couple of 30 minute matches where we eventually won both. Get fucked losers

One dude sent my friend messages saying "just quit" after we kept bringing it to draws. If you catch people doing that shit, a nice strat is pick Sombra and 76 and rush them right off the bat. Hack Mei and shoot her into oblivion

If this is going to be as frequent as I'm assuming it will be I'll probably drop 3v3 until it's fixed. Really stupid shit
Yeah it's really annoying. I was thinking about picking Mei yourself and going in there with them. I'd imagine they won't be invulnerable then but I haven't had a chance to test that yet.

Jblanks

Wow I definitely just got the quad DVA ult kill, even said quadruple kill and no trophy..that sucks.

Anyone have any problems with this or other 4 man trophies ?

Also TFW you win when you're Reinhardt is pretty much throwing; he would charge at everything, and get picked pretty much every time.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Random thought:

2nd Possible Mercy Ult, only available after Mercy dies, she gains the option to blow her ult to res herself.

YuY9xG2.jpg

KyleCross

I hate aggressive Reinhardts that play defense like they're on attack.
If there's enemies on point and no one's bothering to kill them, I'm charging onto the point and swinging the hammer. No point holding the choke if that happens and it's stupid to keep the shield up when the enemies will just circle you.

Snagret

Ok it's time for a new map
Yeah, the fact that we've only gotten one new map (I'm absolutely not counting Antarctica) since release is really disappointing. I'd rather have more maps than a new hero at this point. Anything to add even just a tiny bit more variety to the current rotation.

Hopefully this year they settle into how they want competitive to work so they aren't spending so much time tweaking it and focus on getting out more than 1.5 maps over a six month period.

Geneijin

If there's enemies on point and no one's bothering to kill them, I'm charging onto the point and swinging the hammer. No point holding the choke if that happens and it's stupid to keep the shield up when the enemies will just circle you.
Yeah, but when you're met with a biotic grenade or sleep dart by Ana, it's just watching the defense collapse as soon as you go down.

Magwik

Banned
"Oh hey our DPS sucks. Obviously the best solution is to rage in chat and switch to Widowmaker and throw the game for everyone else because I am a child"
Why does this shit always happen to my comp games

DOWN

Banned
So now I have enough to buy a skin and need to decide between Yeti and Nutcracker. Frankly I don't usually play those characters but those are the two skins I love that I still haven't gotten and I really am hesitant to start buying loot boxes for such a gamble. Leaning toward Nutcracker because it's so fucking weird and funny that they thought of it.

Played 3 games of comp solo because I was really into it today. They went like this:

King's Row, on attack we almost got the payload to the end and one of our teammates was actually really pissed about it. On defense the other team had a junkrat firing from the spawn (the highest one) during the whole round. Easy win.

Hanamura, we got the first point on attack and almost got the second. One of our teammates was pissed and switched between Hanzo/Widow/Torb on defense. We also got another one that disconnected 3 times during the defense of the second point. We couldn't hold it obviously.

Lijiang Tower, enemy team had a Hanzo/Bastion... one of them couldn't take it and quit after the first minute. By the second round they only had 3 players.

Decided to stop because this is just a waste of time like this. At least before me and other people from here had some good matches together, we finally won two games with vault on our team so maybe the curse is being broken. Maybe.

Cappa

Banned
Played 3 games of comp solo because I was really into it today. They went like this:

I never see you guys online anymore lol, you guys play really late I guess like 2am here.

Ive only been doing Solo Q lately too, Ive been lucky and havent been doing that bad though.
Is it any good?

I only played it once, but from what I hear and the gameplay videos Ive seen it doesnt look bad, I dont know if itll be good. The jump pad adds something different at least.

NeoRaider

So now I have enough to buy a skin and need to decide between Yeti and Nutcracker. Frankly I don't usually play those characters but those are the two skins I love that I still haven't gotten and I really am hesitant to start buying loot boxes for such a gamble. Leaning toward Nutcracker because it's so fucking weird and funny that they thought of it.

Nutcracker it is, then. It's better imo. and it's a skin that can be used always.

I never see you guys online anymore lol, you guys play really late I guess like 2am here.

Ive only been doing Solo Q lately too, Ive been lucky and havent been doing that bad though.

Yeah it's around that hour here. I haven't seen you and biscuit online in ages.

Pharahs are like 99% guaranteed on tiebrekers and people still dont want to pick a hitscan. Even when i type in chat
"They're probably gonna run pharah"
"We only have Ana if they run Pharah"
No?
I guess Mei and Reaper is fine :/

Atleast one of the most satisfying things is dominating a pharah as Ana. I kinda just smirk when you 3 shot them and even 2shotting them forces them down. Applying that kind of pressure is really satisfying

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
My next wishlist.

Buff mercy because god so many people pick mercy but don't know how to res. I don't care if they make her overpowered, because people still pick her anyway now.

Magwik

Banned
Pharahs are like 99% guaranteed on tiebrekers and people still dont want to pick a hitscan. Even when i type in chat
"They're probably gonna run pharah"
"We only have Ana if they run Pharah"
No?
I guess Mei and Reaper is fine :/

Atleast one of the most satisfying things is dominating a pharah as Ana. I kinda just smirk when you 3 shot them and even 2shotting them forces them down. Applying that kind of pressure is really satisfying
As someone who has been playing more Pharrah aned Ana I usually applaud when an Ana can get 2-3 hits on me as Pharrah. Shit's hard lol.

Snagret

My next wishlist.

Buff mercy because god so many people pick mercy but don't know how to res. I don't care if they make her overpowered, because people still pick her anyway now.
Her rez either needs to offer her some protection during/after casting or do some sort of buff towards rez'd teammates. When I play her she almost always dies immediately after casting and then your team is left to finish a fight without their (potentially only) healer which leads to them getting picked off twice in a row.

Given how powerful and versatile they're willing to let Ana be, I don't think it'd be too much to give Mercy's ult a buff. Maybe slight damage reduction on resurrected teammates for a couple seconds after they come back? I'm not sure what they could do to buff it, but they need to do more than just nerf Ana if they want to make Mercy more viable than she currently is.

I've taken a "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" stance with Pharah and started playing her more in QP. In the few games I played with her yesterday very few enemies even tried taking shots at me.

Her rez either needs to offer her some protection during/after casting or do some sort of buff towards rez'd teammates. When I play her she almost always dies immediately after casting and then your team is left to finish a fight without their (potentially only) healer which leads to them getting picked off twice in a row.

I agree. Like someone posted upthread, it's almost always "Heroes never diOOOH".

Top Bottom