• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

gWG62fl.png

There's got to be an explanation for this.

I stayed in the 3100-3300 range with ease for 3 weeks after the season started, so I'll blame this horror show on the holiday. Surely I'm going to climb back up now that it's over, right ? Right ?

I need help

Grief.exe

gWG62fl.png

I stayed in the 3100-3300 range with ease for 3 weeks after the season started, so I'll blame this horror show on the holiday. Surely I'm going to climb back up now that it's over, right ? Right ?

I need help

It's the Holliday.

Blizzard can actually track the players that have the largest negative effect on ELO. Would actually be an interesting read if they compiled some stats and tendencies of these players.

Mutombo

gWG62fl.png

I need help

I have done insanely bad. I lost almost every match. There have been a few good ones that were close, but dropping from platinum to silver is not fun if you can't back up again.

One thing that I see is that around silver and low gold, people just play their favorite picks and stick with it. And it's pretty much always a DPS or hanzo/widowmaker. If you care a little bit about comp, you're stuck to tanking or healing, and have to switch between the two.

The second thing that I really am against, is the brokenness of DVA. I suppose she's blizzards favorite character? She has only pro's, no cons, is the only character that can ultimate when she dies, in fact she doesn't even die, can 1 v 1 every other character, and fly away if it's getting too hot too boot.

Soldier is a bit too good as well - if he sees you before you see him and he's only half decent you're probably dead, unless you're a tank.

I love Overwatch. When the match is close, when the team composition is right, when people play smart... it's so much fun.

But it can be really, really frustrating as well.

IKizzLE

DVA is cancer at all levels. The absolute worst character to go up against currently. If they were to only nerf one character in the next couple of months, it would be her and it would be to reduce her health and up time on DM.

Magwik

Banned
DVA is cancer at all levels. The absolute worst character to go up against currently. If they were to only nerf one character in the next couple of months, it would be her and it would be to reduce her health and up time on DM.

DVA is easy to deal with though. One discord orb and she's fucked. I can't count how many times today one has rushed me down when im Zenny and I take her out with ease.

Skii

DVA is easy to deal with though. One discord orb and she's fucked. I can't count how many times today one has rushed me down when im Zenny and I take her out with ease.

If a Zenyatta is beating a Dva, there is something severely wrong. That person isn't even a bad Dva, they're just a bad player.

Mutombo

You're wrong, although not entirely. It's true that she goes down fast with a discord. But 1 v 1, I use discord to scare her away with her shield up. If she decides to fly in and engage I'm dead more often than not.

Jellie

Quintuple tank meta

Doomfist tank/support + rein, hog, DVa, Zarya + Ana

Whew

That would be fun tbh

It would be fun, purely because of how ridiculous it would be, especially if Terry Crew was the voice actor.
Primary attack is a punch that does damage or heals depending on who is hit, similar to Ana. Or M1 is a heal and m2 is damage and each one is a different hand.
Shift ability can be he punches the ground which causes it to form a barrier infront for x seconds.
E ability punches a single dead teammate back to life with like half HP or something.

Magwik

Banned
For Doomfist I am still expecting an anti-lucio tank.Whenever he throws a punch enemies either slow down upon hit or AoE. Would be great for crowd controlling.

Ladekabel

Logged in to open the six free loot boxes and opened 2 legendaries and 3 epics. Wub, Wub! That's two legendaries more than I opened in the 20 or so lootboxes I opened during the launch period.

Then played a match as Zenyatta with my new legendary skin and loved it. But then I stopped because my PC is connected through wifi and it sucked.

Grief.exe

Roadhog deals with her well since it's easy to hit his right click - hook - left click - melee combo

It would be fun, purely because of how ridiculous it would be, especially if Terry Crew was the voice actor.
Primary attack is a punch that does damage or heals depending on who is hit, similar to Ana. Or M1 is a heal and m2 is damage and each one is a different hand.
Shift ability can be he punches the ground which causes it to form a barrier infront for x seconds.
E ability punches a single dead teammate back to life with like half HP or something.
Here for it

Especially the punch to revive lmao, they could do some hilarious stuff with voicelines/animations

Skii

Regardless, discord + Soldier/Reaper is enough to take care of her

So you need the attention of 2 players to deal with her? What happens if she just DMs and flies away? Dva is not easy to deal with at all. She needs to either go back to 500 HP or change the way Reaper works so he can actually deal with her.

What about each time he hits someone he gains like 15% of his health back? The only way to stay alive is to just never stop fighting.
Like Krieg from Borderlands 2? That could be fun :p although I get the impression they kind of wanted that from reaper what with his range being really short and getting health from kills.

Magwik

Banned
So you need the attention of 2 players to deal with her? What happens if she just DMs and flies away? Dva is not easy to deal with at all. She needs to either go back to 500 HP or change the way Reaper works so he can actually deal with her.
I mean, needing the attention of two players is pretty much how every tank works. (Unless you're reaper)
When they were nerf Ana i hope they dont touch her dmg.
She'll still be great fun to play knowing i can hold my own as a support if a flanker gets too close.
Her damage won't get touched. It will absolutely be the biotic grenade if anything.

When they were nerf Ana i hope they dont touch her dmg.
She'll still be great fun to play knowing i can hold my own as a support if a flanker gets too close.

A d.VA with a harmony orb is basically immortal

Soldier is also far and away the best overall dps character

Hope they can fix them without nerfing them in to the ground

Wtf why do I get hit with a -75% XP punishment when I leave arcade games. If you can't fix your game where Meis aren't able to stall and cheat on elimination then why punish people for leaving when they cannot attack someone but they themselves can be attacked.

Magwik

Banned
A d.VA with a harmony orb is basically immortal

Soldier is also far and away the best overall dps character

Hope they can fix them without nerfing them in to the ground
I don't even know how you would fix Soldiers balance. His damage and range are in good places. Touch the damage drop off and then you have a Pharrah who will run wild. Can't really touch McCree's range without him running into the same problems. so he would have to settle for damage increase with body shots. If the triple tank meta persists I'd even consider giving Reaper one extra round before having to reload.

Plesiades

What about each time he hits someone he gains like 15% of his health back? The only way to stay alive is to just never stop fighting.

They should take the old DOTA 2 Mask of Madness and create a hero around it. Pressing E makes you do more damage (a personal Zen Destruction Orb if you will), but you take more damage while active. Plus, you have your lifesteal. Tie everything into the Doomfist lore (the Fist feeds on people and whatnot) and you're set ;)

Blues1990

I don't even know how you would fix Soldiers balance. His damage and range are in good places. Touch the damage drop off and then you have a Pharrah who will run wild. Can't really touch McCree's range without him running into the same problems. so he would have to settle for damage increase with body shots. If the triple tank meta persists I'd even consider giving Reaper one extra round before having to reload.

Both Reaper & Winston were hit hard with Ana & D.Va being the cornerstones of the Tank Meta & Symmetra's antics, as a competent D.Va player can fill both their respective roles, making it that a Reaper player has to go "bounce n' pounce" to be effective. As for Winston, he was supposed to be Symmeyra's counter, but his cannon can't provide enough damage to destroy her barrier/teleporter, & he can be torn apart by Symmetra's weapon, since he can't provide enough damage to kill her, especially with her shields.

I do hope the development team will be able to make readjustments accordingly, as I don't want D.Va to become worthless again. Same goes with 90% of the cast that have been hit with this nonsense.

Jellie

Both Reaper & Winston were hit hard with Ana & D.Va being the cornerstones of the Tank Meta & Symmetra's antics, as a competent D.Va player can fill both their respective roles, making it that a Reaper player has to go "bounce n' pounce" to be effective. As for Winston, he was supposed to be Symmeyra's counter, but his cannon can't provide enough damage to destroy her barrier/teleporter, & he can be torn apart by Symmetra's weapon, since he can't provide enough damage to kill her, especially with her shields.

I do hope the development team will be able to make readjustments accordingly, as I don't want D.Va to become worthless again. Same goes with 90% of the cast that have been hit with this nonsense.

The thing with Winston is he's actually really good its just he's not good against the current meta since he sucks against tanks. A good winston is scary if you aren't running triple tank, especially a winston dva combo.

Blues1990

The thing with Winston is he's actually really good its just he's not good against the current meta since he sucks against tanks. A good winston is scary if you aren't running triple tank, especially a winston dva combo.
I agree that Winston is a very potent character, but he's a tank that needs solid support to get the most mileage out of. Without a healer or DPS that can provide cover, the poor scientist will get torn apart.

I wish his barrier could get boosted back to 1000 HP (with the trade off of a longer cool down). He could be a fun alternative to Reinhardt.

Jellie

I agree that Winston is a very potent character, but he's a tank that needs solid support to get the most mileage out of. Without a healer or DPS that can provide cover, the poor scientist will get torn apart.

I wish his barrier could get boosted back to 1000 HP (with the trade off of a longer cool down)

I would like a shorter CD without a buff to the HP so he can go in more often. Most of the time is just waiting for shield to come back. 600HP is enough to get in and out if you choose your target smartly.

Skii

I mean, needing the attention of two players is pretty much how every tank works. (Unless you're reaper)

Except with Dva who literally counters Reaper.

And it's fine if 2 people have to focus a tank at the end of the fight or beginning with Reinhardt/Winston but Dva is ridiculous during that middle period where there are 1v1s happening. She murders every hero in 1v1 and if she can't kill them, she just flies away. She survives too long that she puts in way too much DPS before she has to retreat.

I've taken a "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" stance with Pharah and started playing her more in QP. In the few games I played with her yesterday very few enemies even tried taking shots at me.

I agree. Like someone posted upthread, it's almost always "Heroes never diOOOH".
But you can easily beat her with a soldier or mccree. Taking her down as another Pharah is really hard, at least for me.

But yeah she is pretty effective on console if the team doesn't have a soldier, but what team isn't gonna have a soldier these days
Maybe increase his spread slightly so he has to burst a bit more? If not I'm sure changing his damage per shot to 20 wouldn't hurt him too badly. If they're gonna keep his damage maybe lower the time on tactical visor by a second or two and/or lower the rate of healing/duration of biotic field.

Blues1990

I would like a shorter CD without a buff to the HP so he can go in more often. Most of the time is just waiting for shield to come back. 600HP is enough to get in and out if you choose your target smartly.
Perhaps cut the CD in half? You brought up a good point with the long wait for the shield to come back, as Winston's shield isn't tanky enough or on a low enough cooldown for it to be used as a main device for stopping a push.

You can still go HAM if you have Primal Rage, as you effectively have 1500 hp, leap in, take 400 ish damage, ult and go mad.

Roadhog deals with her well since it's easy to hit his right click - hook - left click - melee combo
I don't think so. Basically every time I hook her she pops DM and then retreats back behind the frontline to get healed by ana. You need to focus on her hardcore once you hook her and even then if she's got healing when you do you might as well not even bother

So you're gonna be one of those assholes who throws games by picking Sombra in comp and playing like shit? I hope not!

Personally, I think Winston's biggets flaw is that he doesn't have any good damage output or burst damage.

Rein can 1shot a lot of characters with his charge, and can do crazy damage to the enemy team with his Ult.

DVa has crazy damage at point blank range, and can 1HKO every character with her Ult. Context specific*

Roadhog obviously has his standard hook combo that can 1HKO many characters, and many more characters if a Zen (or any focus fire really) is involved.

Zarya becomes a DPS beast when she's above 70 energy, and her Ult is 1 half of a tag team combo that can lead to multiple kills.

Winstons regular gun is the weakest in the game, and has no potential of being any stronger from his own accord. His Ult is not about damage, but about disruption, which has it's benefits, but in a game where deaths are crazy important, it seems lackluster in comparison.

This is why the Tank meta is a thing. Because most Tanks have 1HKO abilities to compensate for their low base DPS/mobility.

Personally, I'd love to see something like this for Winston:

Move his current primary fire to his alt fire. Make his new Primary fire a single electrical connection that does 1.8 time the damage of one of his current streams, but can't jump to multiple targets. Make it also consume his battery twice as fast.

Edit: though to get rid of the tank meta, you need to make it so Tank's simply can't do the kind of damage a DPS class can. 1HKO abilities are fine, but they should have big penalties and/or cooldowns. As it is, most tanks can land kills easier and safer than most DPS classes can.

antitrop

Anyone have any problems with this or other 4 man trophies ?

Also TFW you win when you're Reinhardt is pretty much throwing; he would charge at everything, and get picked pretty much every time.
I have a GIF of a McCree quadra ult POTG, but I don't have that Achievement.

But you can easily beat her with a soldier or mccree. Taking her down as another Pharah is really hard, at least for me.

That's true if it's totally one-on-one, but based on my own experience on going after her as Soldier or McCree, and like Antiwhippy said earlier in the thread, if the rest of the team isn't doing their jobs it can still be difficult for hitscan heroes to take her down. They still need to get in position to take the shots and that means tanks providing protection, pressure, and space on the front lines, healers healing, and other DPS going after threats on the ground.

But I totally agree on Pharah vs. Pharah, though. Yesterday while playing Pharah theirs kept going after me. They kept missing their shots but then solo ulted me while I was in the air just to take me out.

I still have a lot of room for improvement with predicting enemy movement and tracking while in the air but I definitely see the appeal of playing her now.

but what team isn't gonna have a soldier these days

Plenty of them :(

Cappa

Banned
me.

But yeah she is pretty effective on console if the team doesn't have a soldier, but what team isn't gonna have a soldier these days

Youd be shocked, but in the 3500s there are still people who refuse to switch from Reaper or Genji when a Pharah is raining down hell on us.

I end up usually having to switch to S76 and then we`ll either lose a healer/tank/Mei depending on the situation.

Top Bottom