• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Blues1990

While the tips in that video are good, he blatantly has never played in silver/gold. I already do all the things in those videos and they don't make a difference because most of my team mates do not.

I try and combo ultimates but nobody communicates back. I give positive advice but it's ignored. I try and make intelligent picks but I'm forced to heal, often solo because people just wanna hanzo or widow. It's hopeless advice unless most of your team mates are on the same page which is rare as fuck.

Coupled with with the onslaught of leavers & hecklers deliberately throwing the game for the rest of us, along with trying to co-operate/work around toxic teammates, I agree. It's great advice. But without teamwork, you'll lose and get trampled, even if individually you play competently.

I would really like to see some skins that don't have a 'theme' added to the game. Reinhardts Eichewalde skins and Oni Genji are the only ones that I can think of that we've gotten so far.

Some of the event skins that aren't obvious event skins are fine. Like Reaper's and Reinhardts Xmas and Halloween skins. Or even Ice Queen Pharah. But I've already moved on from Ghoul Ana, Frankenhog, and others. With Reindeer Hog, Santa Torb, etc. sure to follow soon. I like skins that works at all times of year.

They have to be incredible for me to keep them year round, Nutcracker Zen isn't going anywhere.
Agreed on all fronts

Took off Ghoul Ana only a few days after halloween

I am wearing a lot of event skins now though, demon hanzo, witch mercy, pumpkin reaper and vampire symmetra are all really nice and I'm sure I'm gonna keep frostbite Pharah and Shiver Reaper on for a while. Santa torb is gonna be replaced by chopper torb within the next week though lol

Grief.exe

I only have 11 average elims, though, because as we talked about a few days ago, I use my grenades on my teammates a bit too often and fucking suck with weapon accuracy.

Also my nano boost timing is garbage.

But at least my healing is good. :p

And I'm probably on the more aggressive end of that spectrum. I have been watching quite a few Skyline videos recently and been working on more conservative positioning.

I just nano whenever our team is initiating a team fight, or being initiated on. My target check downs are DPS with ULT > Reinhardt > DPS.
It's too hectic for me to try to find a specific person with an ult available during a team fight. Too much room for error to miss and hit a random Lucio.
My Nano kills per game was one of the stats I'm trying to work on too.

I nano people that look like they're initiating a team fight, like when a Winston jumps in on the point or whatever. I also do it a lot to try to force initiations in teams that just won't fucking move past the choke.

People complain about that a lot, but I dunno, I feel like they would complain if I didn't nano them, too. I don't like playing Ana in Competitive.

I was getting yelled at the other day for ulting a Reinhardt when I was trying to force a push. He didn't notice that our Phara made a couple of picks on the backline and ended up wasting the ult while he was berating me for wasting my ult.
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Jellie

While the tips in that video are good, he blatantly has never played in silver/gold. I already do all the things in those videos and they don't make a difference because most of my team mates do not.

I try and combo ultimates but nobody communicates back. I give positive advice but it's ignored. I try and make intelligent picks but I'm forced to heal, often solo because people just wanna hanzo or widow. It's hopeless advice unless most of your team mates are on the same page which is rare as fuck.

Oh I know. I posted that because of how stupid it is. Can easily break to diamond if you follow his tips which are pretty obvious ones.
There was a channel doing a series on how to get out of each tier where they placed bronze and went to GM so were able to see the mistakes of each teammate. They uploaded bronze but I'm not sure if silver has been posted yet. I'll try and find it.

Found it. Uploaded today. Seems pretty good.

I'll take off Ghoul when/if a better skin comes out.

Same with Witch Mercy.

Already exists ;)

Witch Mercy is themed but not that themed though, I still use it on Mercy because she could just be like a witch character. Ghoul Ana is just a normal grandma in Halloween pumpkin outfit. I switch Reaper skins a lot because I like his white mariachi and shiver skins quite a bit but I still use Pumpkin Reaper just because I like to think of him as the headless horseman or whatever, it's themed but still not to the extent of something like Rudolph Roadhog which screams "I'm a christmas skin only to be used around christmas".

Wadjet and Wasteland are two of my least favorite Legendary skins in the entire game.

Not as much as Widow in a tutu, though...

Wasteland is great because it reminds me of well.. Wasteland.

The black bird widow is kinda ugly but the white bird widow - while not as good as her comtesse, winter or huntress skins - is great for fanservice creeps.

Wasteland, young Ana, and masked Ana are some dope skins.

I can't use the young ana skins, the grandma voice with the face is too weird for me. With Genji and Hanzo the voice fits better but sadly I hate all 4 of their young skins so

I also don't think I could ever use Merciless solely because for some reason it's basically ingrained in my head as Garret here lol

antitrop

Wasteland, young Ana, and masked Ana are some dope skins.
I like the Shrike skin. I still remember when people thought that was Sombra.

I can't use the young ana skins, the grandma voice with the face is too weird for me. With Genji and Hanzo the voice fits better but sadly I hate all 4 of their young skins so

Genji and Hanzo's young skins are atrocious.

Ana's is good, but I agree with you about the voice. Also the posture. The granny hips don't fit young Ana.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
So is D.Va absolutely broken OP now or what? I haven't played in a few months and she seems out of control.

So is D.Va absolutely broken OP now or what? I haven't played in a few months and she seems out of control.

600hp + 150 hp + mech recall + defense matrix = the least fun character to fight against

I don't even mind Soldier as much as her because while he's by far the best DPS currently he only has 200 health and can be picked easily

If I could give only one character a nerf today it would be D.Va

They fixed Zarya and put her in a pretty good spot so I have confidence they can find a good middle ground with D.Va.

antitrop

The most important thing with skins is the gun model, thats pretty much all you look at.

No, I must look cool while using my sitting emote in spawn, waiting for the match to start.

Except for Ana, I still give people candy in spawn as Ana. I don't give a shit if it's January.

Blues1990

I would really like to see some skins that don't have a 'theme' added to the game. Reinhardts Eichewalde skins and Oni Genji are the only ones that I can think of that we've gotten so far.

Some of the event skins that aren't obvious event skins are fine. Like Reaper's and Reinhardts Xmas and Halloween skins. Or even Ice Queen Pharah. But I've already moved on from Ghoul Ana, Frankenhog, and others. With Reindeer Hog, Santa Torb, etc. sure to follow soon. I like skins that works at all times of year.

They have to be incredible for me to keep them year round, Nutcracker Zen isn't going anywhere.

I'm sure that they will add more non-seasonal skins in the future. But Yeti Winston isn't going anywhere, as that is one hell of an awesome Legendary skin for the lovable dork.

With Ana's Wasteland/Wadjet and D.Va's Junker/Scavenger skins, I am surprised that there aren't more Mad Maxx-inspired skins for the heroes. I would like Soldier 76 to get a skin that heavily resembles Max Rockatansky, for one.

No, I must look cool while using my sitting emote in spawn, waiting for the match to start.

Except for Ana, I still give people candy in spawn as Ana. I don't give a shit if it's January.

I like you.

CnblWdhVIAAeF02.jpg

antitrop

or you could have the emote of him taunting you while fist bumping a spiritual robotic arm
Holy shit, all this time I thought it was just one of the spirit arms doing a bicep flex.

It wasn't until I saw your post and went back and looked at it that I saw he was fist-bumping.

Nimby

Banned
Taimou playing Pharah/other projectile characters on stream right now.

EDIT: Why does every pro player have shitty taste in music?

jasonng

Being a Mercy main sucks in comp. I can play my absolute best but if my team doesn't coordinate or respond when I tell them incoming flanks it's all for nothing. It's really frustrating.

I'm on serious losing streak. Lost ~400 SR on just today alone.

antitrop

Being a Mercy main sucks in comp. I can play my absolute best but if my team doesn't coordinate or respond when I tell them incoming flanks it's all for nothing. It's really frustrating.

That's partially why Ana/Lucio is the meta support comp. Or even Zen.

Both of them have their own means of dealing with flankers: Sleep Dart, Speed Boost, and Soundwave. Zen is half-DPS, so he's got some options there, too.

But Mercy, well, you've found out her struggle first hand.

that doesn't really have much to do with being a mercy main, any team that completely fails to coordinate is going to lose to a similar matched team who does

jasonng

That's partially why Ana/Lucio is the meta support comp. Or even Zen.

Both of them have their own means of dealing with flankers: Sleep Dart, Speed Boost, and Soundwave. Zen is half-DPS, so he's got some options there, too.

But Mercy, well, you've found out her struggle first hand.

I've been playing defensively quite well lately. I can deal with flankers with my pistol and I'm always conscience of an escape route. I call flanks for my team so they don't get picked. They don't listen to me and then they get mad at me for not providing heals.

that doesn't really have much to do with being a mercy main, any team that completely fails to coordinate is going to lose to a similar matched team who does

That's very much true. I'm just venting because I can never get a steady grove in comp. Playing mainly support I feel like my success in comp is reliant on the skill of my team.

I don't know. I really like playing Mercy so I'm just going to keep getting better with her and hope for the best.

Grief.exe

I've been playing defensively quite well lately. I can deal with flankers with my pistol and I'm always conscience of an escape route. I call flanks for my team so they don't get picked. They don't listen to me and then they get mad at me for not providing heals.

About to blow a gasket when I call out flankers and then the team gets mad when I'm dead and can't heal them.

cHinzo

Somehow winning more games solo than with a premade... Although when playing solo I use stuff as Junkrat, McCree and Soldier, while in premade I usually only go tank. Junkrat on attack is surprisingly fun. U just shoot in the enemy's general direction and people are dieing and shields are getting popped lol.

Somehow winning more games solo than with a premade... Although when playing solo I use stuff as Junkrat, McCree and Soldier, while in premade I usually only go tank. Junkrat on attack is surprisingly fun. U just shoot in the enemy's general direction and people are dieing and shields are getting popped lol.

just triggered 3/4 of the thread mate

antitrop

Depends if he's playing PC or console. I had incredible attack Junkrat success on PS4 that I have not been able to even come close to replicating on PC.

I also duo'd with LiK a lot on PS4 and he had a mean Junkrat, too.

For the first bunch of months that I played the game, I had no idea why everyone hated Junkrat so much, because I did so well with him and saw others do well with him, and then I switched to PC... and learned very, very, very quickly.

cHinzo

Depends if he's playing PC or console. I had incredible attack Junkrat success on PS4 that I have not been able to even come close to replicating on PC.

I also duo'd with LiK a lot on PS4 and he had a mean Junkrat, too.

I'm playing on PC, but bruh, Junkrat on Eichenwalde attack is really fun! They usually have a Reinhardt under the bridge at the first point and u pop his shield in no time. After that u can just straight up blow them up, since the area isn't really that open. Just need to time my ults better.

He's also fun to play in the indoor area of Route 66.

Grief.exe

A team that sits at the choke in Eichenwalde is going to lose irrespective of Junkrat anyway.

Send a D.Va, Pharah, or other flanker over the top, get a pick, and aggressively charge in with Rein.

cHinzo

A team that sits at the choke in Eichenwalde is going to lose irrespective of Junkrat anyway.

Send a D.Va, Pharah, or other flanker over the top, get a pick, and aggressively charge in with Rein.

We had those too, minus the D.Va. I think we had a Zarya, Pharah, Mercy, Ana and Rein.

antitrop

I'm playing on PC, but bruh, Junkrat on Eichenwalde attack is really fun! They usually have a Reinhardt under the bridge at the first point and u pop his shield in no time. After that u can just straight up blow them up, since the area isn't really that open. Just need to time my ults better.
Ya, I can absolutely see Junk working on the first and last points of Eich, but the streets phase... yikes.

a sym just put a teleporter so far behind the payload that i actually had a farther walk to the payload than i would have if I just went straight

Top Bottom