• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Sianos

Hot take: Junkrat is a powerful hero held back by the fact that no one likes hitting directs and all the olden Demoman mains who actually do like hitting directs are confounded by how strangely floaty his grenades are. Same reason people thought the Loch n Load from TF2 was awful - no rollers for those who didn't like directs and a different grenade arc for those that did, and thus had a lot of muscle memory.

Also, yeah, Zarya doesn't help either.

Ya, I can absolutely see Junk working on the first and last points of Eich, but the streets phase... yikes.

Yeah, even in the PTR when I was trying out different heroes and how they would work, I knew Junkrat was shit in the streets instantly. It's just too open horizontally and vertically for it to work.

Blu(e)

20000 to 4000 credits. Feels bad buying the skins but this honestly was the worst loot box luck I've had from all the events. Least I had enough to grab everything.

Only skin I didn't get was Yeti Winston.

Could be worse.

I didn't get Rudolph Roadhog, Peppermint Sombra, Yeti Winston, Meirry, Jangle Tracer and had to buy Frostbite Pharah and Shiver Reaper.

this was in 35 lootboxes from leveling + the 5 free christmas ones + the weekly ones which would bring the total up to 51 boxes

51 boxes for not even half the event skins or enough credits to buy a single event legendary lol

good thing I don't buy boxes

20000 to 4000 credits. Feels bad buying the skins but this honestly was the worst loot box luck I've had from all the events. Least I had enough to grab everything.

70 levels in and I've accumulated 3300 total lifetime credits. Including the free boxes and buying a dozen during Halloween :|

white white blue white for life

why did I wait so long to play soldier after his buff

my stats this week

p8IUJfV.png

da fuq, how is the Critical Hit average Master?

I don't like Oversumo, I just stick to Overbuff.

no, my average is master but I'm lower than that this week. The average critical hit percentage for a master rank is notably higher than 4.6% or whatever

that's just a platinum 3 ranking

the only master number on that list is damage done. also this is on ps4

antitrop

no, my average is master but I'm lower than that this week. The average critical hit percentage for a master rank is notably higher than 4.6% or whatever

that's just a platinum 3 ranking

the only master number on that list is damage done. also this is on ps4
Yeah, my bad, I get it now.

So I don't know why it's taken this long but I need to make some friends in this thread. Season 1 I was on the cusp of top 500 but I took a break for Destiny. Come back in Season 3, get placed, and I can't get out of Diamond. In S1 I had a team up until high 60s but this season it's a whole lotta single and duo q. Which means I need some new teammates who can play at a high level and aren't just horrible human beings. Tired of being in PUGs where...

...my teammate decides to go AFK as Ana for two pushes.
...my teammate literally stops playing and verbally attacks everyone because we didn't follow his strategy.
...my teammate demands someone swap and won't play unless they get their hero.
...my teammate picks Genji against 4 tanks.

I'm currently ranked 3206 with a season high of 3386. Anyone up for helping me get out of Elo hell and up to Grandmaster?

King's Row, captured the first point and pushed the payload halfway to the first checkpoint. Reinstancing>dropped game, the fuck is this shit

Being a Mercy main sucks in comp. I can play my absolute best but if my team doesn't coordinate or respond when I tell them incoming flanks it's all for nothing. It's really frustrating.

I'm on serious losing streak. Lost ~400 SR on just today alone.

Try a different hero. Ana or Lucio. Or try playing not alone Mercy is very very reliant on teammates.

Jellie

Stop playing Mercy in comp :)
Was watching a youtuber playing comp and they had a mercy main on their team. Silver portrait. Had never played anyone else since they felt they can do better with mercy. They were GM and had a smurf where they only played mercy. Was ridiculous. Half the team were tilted since she was solo healer for first point and they wanted ana.
they won

Was watching a youtuber playing comp and they had a mercy main on their team. Silver portrait. Had never played anyone else since they felt they can do better with mercy. They were GM and had a smurf where they only played mercy. Was ridiculous. Half the team were tilted since she was solo healer for first point and they wanted ana.
they won

If someone wants to play Mercy, then fine. But she seems to get some sort of pass because she is a support or something. She is not good in the current game. If you can be an effective Mercy that's great, just like anyone can be good with any character. But if a Hanzo main came in here and said "sucks to be a Hanzo main in comp, I'm always dying and not being effective for the team" wouldn't we dogpile on them? Mercy is the 4th best support character in a support focus meta.

Jellie

If someone wants to play Mercy, then fine. But she seems to get some sort of pass because she is a support or something. She is not good in the current game. If you can be an effective Mercy that's great, just like anyone can be good with any character. But if a Hanzo main came in here and said "sucks to be a Hanzo main in comp, I'm always dying and not being effective for the team" wouldn't we dogpile on them? Mercy is the 4th best support character in a support focus meta.
Oh I agree with you. I hate mercy mains. Just found it funny that this person that loved mercy that much existed. I mean silver portrait who only plays mercy, with a smurf who only plays mercy is too extreme.

Mercy is basically the Hanzo of the supports. Can do a job but there's always a better pick.
It can work but your whole team will hate you.
And it's always somebody who mains them.

Oh I agree with you. I hate mercy mains. Just found it funny that this person that loved mercy that much existed. I mean silver portrait who only plays mercy, with a smurf who only plays mercy is too extreme.

Mercy is basically the Hanzo of the supports. Can do a job but there's always a better pick.
It can work but your whole team will hate you.
And it's always somebody who mains them.

In a game full of Waifus she is definitely the one that affects gameplay the most.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Sorry for not knowing much about the "meta", but what makes Mercy so bad? Because she's not as offensive as the others? Because she can only heal one person at a time?

caesar

Banned
Sorry for not knowing much about the "meta", but what makes Mercy so bad? Because she's not as offensive as the others? Because she can only heal one person at a time?

Shes a liability, can't defend herself and requires team to protect her. Doesn't do damage like zen or ana and has no utility like bionade or speed boost. If she doesn't get off the rez it was a complete waste of a pick, so she has to hide and not heal and wait for her team to die lol.

ricelord

Being a Mercy main sucks in comp. I can play my absolute best but if my team doesn't coordinate or respond when I tell them incoming flanks it's all for nothing. It's really frustrating.

I'm on serious losing streak. Lost ~400 SR on just today alone.

don't play mercy >.> try ana, zen or lucio

Oversumo doesn't take rank into account which is the problem. If I went into a gold game and put up insane stats that were better numbers wise than stats a Grandmaster put up against other GM's then it says that I am the better player. Which is obviously very flawed. I really wouldn't put too much stock in it.

Useless offensively, needs a babysitter, can't even heal one target as fast as Ana. And she gets hunted so the game saving rez happens a very small amount of the time. Even when you get a five man rez more often than not you are sitting ducks, unless you dies with a bunch of ults to use.

Jellie

The other healers are just better. They have better kits. Ana has the best burst healing, best cc ability and her grenade is just stupidly versatile. Plus she has pretty good damage. Lucio has AOE healing plus speed boost is the only ability in the game that increases your speed giving you a big advantage. Zen has discord orb which like speed boost is still really good even after the nerf and can dish out lots of damage while healing.

Then when it comes to ults Zen and Lucio have good defensive ults that prevent deaths, help contest and can be used to initiate. Ana's is good too with certain characters while mercy requires you to hide making it 5 V 6 and just ends up feeding ult charge.
Was watching that and was so confused about the nano boost.
Did decent with Rein today thanks to the tips I got yesterday.
u27yRHM.png

Should probably stop being so aggressive with him though. I'll see if I can upload the potg I got with him tomorrow.

Jellie

Ah man. That was the round defining play.

I boosted Zarya. Meant to boost you but they all died anyway. Bad nano? I assumed I'd have one by next fight anyway.
I didn't even realise you nanod so when I saw it in your highlight and it aimed at me I thought I was blind for not noticing. At least it wasn't a boosti-o.

Apathy

I cant do it anymore, i cant play mystery hero. no matter how much i love the concept the people are just so so bad. Like i just don't get it. ok it's not your main, cool, basic principles of the game still apply, get on payloads, stop chasing 1 guy, heal if you're a healer, wtf.

I've been sleeping too much on the no limits mode. Got a group together and had fun trying out all sorts of crazy shit. With it was more active and people used more interesting comps than 6 of one character

Apathy

I've been sleeping too much on the no limits mode. Got a group together and had fun trying out all sorts of crazy shit. With it was more active and people used more interesting comps than 6 of one character

They haven't fixed sym shield generator to not stack have they?

Doing my placements.
Last season I went 8:1:1
This season I'm tracking for 1:9 x_x

Based on individual performance, not whether you win or lose. At least what the going consensus seems to be

Top Bottom