• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Blizzard

Banned
I don't know if it needs a nerf so much as the networking needs improvement. Seagull was talking about at one of the tournaments where they did LAN there was 0 bullshit hooks. They only pop up when server latency is a thing.

Personally, I think he should never have first strike after his hook. That way he can gib some but not every single hero. Ones that can escape, escape.
Unfortunately, he can't first strike everyone because of the warped placement post-hook. Or did they finally fix all the situations where people get pulled far from you, genjis slide to the side, lucios get pulled behind you, etc.?

I'd be ok with nerfing him a little if his hook actually worked correctly.

Anne

Like, to put healing field into perspective, if Soldier drops it in a 1v1 against McCree, McCree needs to double dink him to win. That's pretty rough, and more situations like that play out with other characters. It'd be easy to balance that thing by hitting the CD a bit so it's easier to play around/

The only real reason Soldier is so dominant is that he has survivability the other DPS don't have. If Roadhog pops out of nowhere, sprint saves his life. If D.va dives him, healing field gets him out with sprint. etc. McCree just fucking dies, as do many other DPS. In a world where McCree doesn't have to worry about that 24/7, McCree actually has more potential kill power than Soldier.

I'd rather see how Solider does in a game where Genji/Tracer/Winston are more viable before he gets touched. Conceding that, if you did feel the need to nerf him healstation is a really good start.

That soldier rose up so quickly after such a small change in damage is what is alarming. The game's balance is not in a good spot if it exists on such narrow margins.

Nerfing his utility doesn't help anything. Utility is ultimately what seperates the characters and keeps you from just picking the "most efficient" left clicker. If you de-emphasize soldier's utility you exacerbate the musical chairs situation you already have between soldier and mccree. Where one is always picked more than the other depending upon the patch because it boils down to who is left clicking the best at the moment.

In general hitscan needs a rework. It's way too damn strong for an arena shooter and closes too many doors. Soldier and McCree having high base damage is fine their headshot capability needs to removed.

Sorry, I meant to say sprays.

It's the Male Witch Doctor, the Female Demon Hunter, the Male Barbarian, the Female Wizard, the Male Crusader, & the Male Monk, in case if anyone wanted to know.

And there's a new player icon of The Dark Wanderer (the helmeted skull on Diablo 2's cover) as well.

Prelude.

Sorry, I meant to say sprays.

It's the Male Witch Doctor, the Female Demon Hunter, the Male Barbarian, the Female Wizard, the Male Crusader, & the Male Monk, in case if anyone wanted to know.
Aren't those old? I'm pretty sure the bolded were in already.

Edit: Oh, sprays. Thought you meant icons.

Anne

Dude, all of the mainline DPS are interchangable right now depending on what comp you are running. Projectile and hitscan both have very strong heroes. I'm telling you, tank meta is just making it seem like you can't pick shit except for Soldier out of the available line up. Most high level DPS players will tell you playing DPS sucks right now because you get blown out the water by tank teams, so you generally just pick Soldier since he's safe.

Blues1990

And there's a new player icon of The Dark Wanderer (the helmeted skull on Diablo 2's cover) as well.

Yeah, that was a sweet addition. Shame that it will take a bazillion years to obtain, which is weird how the player icons are the rarest items to earn in Overwatch.

Also, I love the NYR voice lines the characters have with today's update. Junkrat wants to travel more, Mei want's to "control her temper", Zarya want's to break her old weight lifiting record, and Pharah wants to take a day off for some TLC.

Did anyone else catch what the other characters say?

antitrop

Anyone on ps4 hanging out in QP?

I'm only level 12, and I know this is easy mode in comparison to comp, but I'm doing pretty well.

I'd love to team up if anyone's interested. Psn: astropoff

My reflexes aren't what they used to be, but my experience with FPS is solid (pro gaming background in my youth).

Current favourites: Zen and Soldier.

I know these will drop when I start meeting better players, but I'm really excited about testing my abilities.
Those stats are pretty solid, I would just work on your Transcendence timing.

Vol5

Anyone else experiencing lag or general strangeness? Im in the UK and I think I'm being directed to US servers causing me a crazy amount of lag.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm just asking lol
Crazy, I grinded 9 wins for loot boxes in Arcade, earned 3 extra along the way, so 6 total last night
If event continued I would've played earlier!

Bought the Winston skin a couple days ago because I was worried I wouldn't get it before the event was finished.

I've since gotten in twice...

I didn't spend credits until yesterday, when the event was supposed to end. Got the Winston skin as well, was the only one I was missing. Along with a purple emote and a highlight intro.

Nimby

Banned
Anyone else experiencing lag or general strangeness? Im in the UK and I think I'm being directed to US servers causing me a crazy amount of lag.

Yes. I am on PS4 and noticed my Symmetra orbs and turrets were about a second behind, maybe half a second.

Also, Winter Premiere starts in an hour and 30. FaZe, Immortals, compLexity, Kingdom, Luminosity and others will be there. Cloud 9 and Fnatic dropped for some reason?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I spent my credits on nutcracker zen and elf tracer on sunday but opened santa torb since the event seems to still be going which is nice since a dupe would feel awful.

Also got the christmas Mei on PC where I'm only like level 7 or something. I somehow got dupe voice lines and sprays already.

Wimps

Turned on PS4.

Updated Overwatch.

Only getting games with crazy lag now. Unplayable. Never had this before.

EDIT: Apparantly I'm not the only one. Hope they fix it fast.

Braag

Was in a game where our Mei kept building walls infront of our spawn point to prevent us from getting out. It's all he did the entire match.
Everyone decided to report him and his answer was "lol it's just qp".

Why do people think because there happens to be a competetive mode that the rest of the modes are just a place you go to fuck around and ruin everyone elses fun.

Try and draw the game? Type in chat so the other team knows too.

I've had people leave matches where I'm the only one left, and the other team will apologize while stomping me and ripping the SR out of my poor heart.

I tell them "if you were sorry you'd let me tie this up" but no one's ever really sorry with a win.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Like honestly, playing both mccree and soldier on my alt account recently, and while I'm way more inconsistent with mccree (which is a skill thing and not really a balance thing) i find that my ttk with mccree is way faster. Pharah for example dies faster to mccree than soldier for me.

What does Zarya say during her ultimate?

I always understand 'I'm going to St. Augustin' but that's probably not what she says, lol

She says "Огонь по готовности", which translates to "Fire at will".
To latinize it, it's: Ogon po gotovnosti.

Top Bottom