• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Also I find it very odd to complain about Ana and Soldier before Symmetra right now. At least in low level games, she's quite strong.

Symm is strong and her ult charges too fast but she doesn't dictate the flow of the entire meta like Ana does

Bionic Grenade alone is more problematic then all of Symm's kit

For real. All it takes to remove her from play is not being an idiot. D Va and Ana are effin' stupid.

and while the shield generator being able to be placed near spawn is silly, by now everyone knows all the spots it is so it usually gets destroyed much faster

really the only thing silly about sym is she can outdps a lot of dps characters in close-ish range

Blues1990

wtf_is_that_martin_freeman.gif

anyway what the hell is going on with the game right now

release a new map without new skins (thought for sure ana or pharah were going to get 2 more...) and the event is still up and oh btw d.va, ana and soldier are still broken

The five Diablo III-themed skins are also added, FYI.

finalflame

release a new map without new skins (thought for sure ana or pharah were going to get 2 more...) and the event is still up and oh btw d.va, ana and soldier are still broken

D.Va is not broken, the combination of her health pool + Ana grenade and healing is broken. On her own, she is fine. Ana is broken. Soldier could use a bit of tweaking because, again, combined with Ana's ult his ultimate is absolutely broken.

D.Va's ult is still mostly a zoning ult and I see virtually no high level players having that hard of a time destroying her, especially considering Zarya still fucking dominates despite her energy nerfs.

I'm still scared of what they'll do to ana tbh.

She is pretty much the only thing that keeps solo queue support bearable. They just need to tackle the nade, nothing else. But I'm worried they'll reduce her single shot healing or something.

just fucking

make the grenade do 50% more healing/50% less healing and apply to a max of like 3 targets, not 100%/0% on everyone you want and it does damage

fuck that thing

D.Va is not broken, the combination of her health pool + Ana grenade and healing is broken. On her own, she is fine. Ana is broken. Soldier could use a bit of tweaking because, again, combined with Ana's ult his ultimate is absolutely broken.

D.Va's ult is still mostly a zoning ult and I see virtually no high level players having that hard of a time destroying her, especially considering Zarya still fucking dominates despite her energy nerfs.
Even a D.va with a harmony orb is near immortal, i'd rather they just boosted her movement speed even more but nerfed her health a bit

defense matrix + 750 effective hp is boooooring to fight against. Maybe not broken but as others have said, certainly not fun

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
D.Va is not broken,

are you serious? of the tanks she's probably the most broken. I can pull up so many grandmasters and pros saying they shouldn't have given her the health boost AND the speed boost that it should have been one or the other.

She completely nullifies Reaper because of her beefiness and chase abilities now.

D.va just sucks to kill

If she didn't have the second wind then it wouldn't be as bad but goddamn, ever since they made the defense matrix not mediocre she's been a massive pain in the ass

She should not have Roadhog health...

are you serious? of the tanks she's probably the most broken. I can pull up so many grandmasters and pros saying they shouldn't have given her the health boost AND the speed boost that it should have been one or the other.

She completely nullifies Reaper because of her beefiness and chase abilities now.
Grandmasters and pros also think Soldier is fine lmao

they could honestly remove the healing boost or the debuff on ana's grenade entirely and as long as they didn't touch her other stuff she would still be more than viable

Because he is. The only thing that is a bit too good on him is heal station, and that's not the craziest thign ever,

he's far and away the best dps character now so they either need to nerf him somehow (maybe damage reduced from 21 to 20 and healing rate on bioitic field reduced) or buff the other dps characters

I know I'm no pro or grandmaster but every single time I've picked soldier in the last week i've gotten gold elims and damage. every. single. time.

Because he is. The only thing that is a bit too good on him is heal station, and that's not the craziest thign ever,
He's not at most levels of play. I get that at higher levels where people can actually aim he is probably doing similar damage to McCree, tracer etc. But he requires so much less actual skill in tracking and aiming that it is much much easier for him to do far more damage than they can at lower levels, which is where most people are.

caesar

Banned

Its not a lore heavy map so why would they get skins. Jesus christ you people whine about everything.

Had such a fun Ana KOTH game last night. I'm going to miss that old grandma. I hope they don't destroy her on console.

I wish blizzard would go back to making some balance changes separate, while Ana still definitely needs to be looked at on console they should keep in mind that healing anything that isn't a tank on console is much more of an issue than on pc

Its not a lore heavy map so why would they get skins. Jesus christ you people whine about everything.

it's not a lore heavy map becuase blizzard decided it wasn't

it's been however many months since release and we've gotten a grand total of 3 new skins that aren't timed, one of which is linked to their shitty moba

Blues1990

I'm still scared of what they'll do to ana tbh.

She is pretty much the only thing that keeps solo queue support bearable. They just need to tackle the nade, nothing else. But I'm worried they'll reduce her single shot healing or something.

While I understand why they had to neutralize the healing potential for several of the Support Heroes, it makes it rougher when you have to solo heal and the rest of your team will refuse to pick a second healer.

Spinluck

Switch Ana's heal grenade into Sombra's translocation beacon.

Problem solved.

CnMyVeuWEAUx8TN.jpg

I love Ana, probably my 3rd favorite behind Tracer and Mei.

Mupod

I've been having some trouble one-shotting Ana with Roadhog after a hook, even with a followup melee. I always get slept afterwards and she gets away with a tiny bit of hp. Is her hitbox weird or something? I can kill any other 200hp character no problem.

BiggNife

Yeah it's kind of silly to expect new skins so soon when we just got the holiday stuff like three weeks ago. And it looks like we'll probably be getting Lunar New Year skins in four weeks.

Kind of surprised they haven't addressed Ana nerfs yet, though.

Anne

I mean, I get at lower levels Soldier is doing very well because he gives less mechanically skilled players access to real damage. Still, I'd rather not see him get a damage nerf because once people have reasonable aim a lot of it balances out. The DPS class in general is the most well balanced it has ever been, at least against each other. The only reason Solider is a stand out in pick rates is that most other DPS can't deal with things like D.Va or Ana.

I mean, I get at lower levels Soldier is doing very well because he gives less mechanically skilled players access to real damage. Still, I'd rather not see him get a damage nerf because once people have reasonable aim a lot of it balances out. The DPS class in general is the most well balanced it has ever been, at least against each other. The only reason Solider is a stand out in pick rates is that most other DPS can't deal with things like D.Va or Ana.

Reaper is even easier to aim with and I've beaten him in cqc as Soldier.

If they wanna keep his damage at 21 instead of 20 or 19 they should look at reducing the healing rate of biotic field.

Spinluck

IMO Roadhog is still the best tank in the game alongside Rein who is just too good for team fights. Hogs are devastating, especially one that is good with his ult and can always land hooks. I think his hook needs a nerf though, it's too generous.

Roadhog imo is a must when going 3 tanks, he iw pretty much what makes a comp like that work. He can isolate high priority targets, body block, heal, and do a shit ton of damage.

D'va is really good, but Mei can still fuck her shit up with a little bit of help. Not to say she doesn't need a nerf, but it I wouldn't put her at the top of the list.

What if they took off 1 damage per hit? Would that still be too much?

I do see now though what you're talking about wrt the cd and how that would make him less of an issue...
Yea, just nerfing grenade would be plenty.
Yep. I hope they don't touch anything else... her gun is perfect imo.

Anne

Reaper is even easier to aim with and I've beaten him in cqc as Soldier.

If they wanna keep his damage at 21 instead of 20 or 19 they should look at reducing the healing rate of biotic field.

His damage is at 20, what. I'm more in favor of tweaking the CD on healing field than lowering heal rate on it, but the heal rate is a bit ridic in some situations, It's the only thing about him that stands out (and is a large reason why we pick him in tank meta atm).

If Reaper failed to kill you at close range I'd say that;s more on the Reaper's fault. He just fucked up.

What if they took off 1 damage per hit? Would that still be too much?

Eh, it'd be a very annoying change to deal with, and at worst it hits fall off numbers in a way where he needs an extra bullet to kill things. I think atm the killing power is right on par with McCree, and I wouldn't want it to go below it again.

Skii

Soldier might need a slight nerf but we need to actually get nerfs to Ana, Dva and Roadhog to see whether Soldier is truly above the rest of the DPS. Once the likes of Reaper, Genji and Tracer come back out of the woodwork, we can actually compare Soldier to them.

BigDug13

just fucking

make the grenade do 50% more healing/50% less healing and apply to a max of like 3 targets, not 100%/0% on everyone you want and it does damage

fuck that thing

Get rid of the healing boost completely. Just make it heal. Even a 50% healing buff makes healing too strong in this game. She already heals nearly 100 health a second without grenade buff active.

His damage is at 20, what. I'm more in favor of tweaking the CD on healing field than lowering heal rate on it, but the heal rate is a bit ridic in some situations, It's the only thing about him that stands out (and is a large reason why we pick him in tank meta atm).

If Reaper failed to kill you at close range I'd say that;s more on the Reaper's fault. He just fucked up.
I thought it went from 17 to 21 with his recent buff, guess not. But yeah either healing rate or cd needs to go

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
IMO Roadhog is still the best tank in the game alongside Rein who is just too good for team fights. Hogs are devastating, especially one that is good with his ult and can always land hooks. I think his hook needs a nerf though, it's too generous.

Roadhog imo is a must when going 3 tanks, he iw pretty much what makes a comp like that work. He can isolate high priority targets, body block, heal, and do a shit ton of damage.

D'va is really good, but Mei can still fuck her shit up with a little bit of help. Not to say she doesn't need a nerf, but it I wouldn't put her at the top of the list.

I don't know if it needs a nerf so much as the networking needs improvement. Seagull was talking about at one of the tournaments where they did LAN there was 0 bullshit hooks. They only pop up when server latency is a thing.

Personally, I think he should never have first strike after his hook. That way he can gib some but not every single hero. Ones that can escape, escape.

Top Bottom