• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Jellie

Praying to every god of every religion that Oasis comes with a balance patch.

Nothing was on PTR balance wise right? Have they ever balanced without PTR? Maybe minor balances but I doubt tank meta will be fixed.
Looks like console got the update already.

Grief.exe

Nothing was on PTR balance wise right? Have they ever balanced without PTR? Maybe minor balances but I doubt tank meta will be fixed.
Looks like console got the update already.

Is that all people play on the higher tiers? I don't see it nearly as often in Plat.

Jellie

Is that all people play on the higher tiers? I don't see it nearly as often in Plat.

In master and above you generally will be nearly always Dva, Rein, Hog, Ana, Lucio and Soldier. Diamond it's rarer and usually 2-2-2 with any variation for DPS, tanks and healers. Usually in diamond if only one team has Ana that team will usually win but its normal for both to have ana. In diamond whenever I see triple tank they tend to win against non-triple tanks unless they mess it up or use the wrong tanks.
huh Christmas even still live after the patch. Figured the brawl would be on the new map like EIchenwalde.

NeoRaider

Please be Ana nerfs. Please be Ana nerfs. Please. Please. Please.

I just realized today how powerful she is in 3v3 with tanks like Hog, Rein or D.Va.
She is really hard to kill with most of the heroes and she can be pain in the ass, because she is staying behind them and is very tiny.

90% of my games were Hog/Ana in enemy team. She is just too much! With that fast healing and that grenade that prevents you from healing... i say nerf her!

I only play casual because Overwatch is a stress killer for me...

Although having members just rush to their death instead of grouping up is maddening.

Nimby

Banned
Ana is unchanged, so I'm going to assume nothing happened besides Oasis got added.

It fixes Symmetra teleporter/shield in spawn and infinite Sombra hacked healthpacks on console too. (It should, Blizz said it would be added into the next big update)

Bummer though. It really can't come soon enough, the game feels terrible to play in comp right now and I feel that should be a priority.

Ensirius

So I found a very very good healer while quickplaying to get to 25.
Decided to give Dva a try. Her ULT is nasty AF. Last 3 matches I have gotten POTG using her ult taking out 3-4 players at a time.
Isn't she OP ?

Skii

Remember when you guys said that there would be a balance patch and the lack of info was down to it being the holidays.

The team were working on Oasis rather than balancing the heroes that desperately need balancing. Good to know their priorities are in order.

Jellie

So do all characters have a new year's resolution voiceline or was it because I have Pharah's winter skin equipped?

Winston is giving up peanut butter for his.
Remember when you guys said that there would be a balance patch and the lack of info was down to it being the holidays.

The team were working on Oasis rather than balancing the heroes that desperately need balancing. Good to know their priorities are in order.

Oasis was already made and on PTR though. Probably easier to put it live than to balance multiple heroes.

So Oasis is in Iraq. Interesting. I would have thought they'd pull a Numbani and simply make Oasis an independent fictional nation, but apparently not.

Anne

Tbf it's probably in their best interests to have content out over balance. Out of the 20 mil playing the game, I doubt many know how broke shit actually is right now.

I've never done the Mei glitch, but I looked up how to do it so I could try it in a custom game. I can't get it to happen so there's that I guess?

Skii

Oasis was already made and on PTR though. Probably easier to put it live than to balance multiple heroes.

But there were probably bugs and stuff they had to adjust on it, time I'd much rather was put into balancing the OP heroes. I just want acknowledgement man. I can't take Roadhog just running around ruining every game I play.

komaruR

Tbf it's probably in their best interests to have content out over balance. Out of the 20 mil playing the game, I doubt many know how broke shit actually is right now.

I've never done the Mei glitch, but I looked up how to do it so I could try it in a custom game. I can't get it to happen so there's that I guess?

its still in. just checked to confirm.
did you crouch and walk backward?

on another note, the event is still going on lol

Snagret

So I found a very very good healer while quickplaying to get to 25.
Decided to give Dva a try. Her ULT is nasty AF. Last 3 matches I have gotten POTG using her ult taking out 3-4 players at a time.
Isn't she OP ?
Her ult won't hurt you if it doesn't have line of sight, this includes reins shield. It's best used for dispersing or getting a new full-health mech moreso than killing. Unless you combo with Zarya or Rein's ult, then it can be a team killer easily.

Skii

I don't think it's good business practice to annoy the players that enjoy the competitive side considering they are more likely to stay with the game for the majority of its life span. They could've easily done both. I just want them to acknowledge there's problems with Dva, Roadhog and Ana so I can sleep easy.

Anne

its still in. just checked to confirm.
did you crouch and walk backward?

I did. Like I said, I've never done it before and I probably was just slightly off.

Btw reduce buffering is live. If your PC can handle, do it. Reduces latency for a mild performance hit. I've had this forced through Nvidia's drivers for a bit.

Anne

I dropped from 3558 to 3212 because I didn't play for a weak? o_O

Also, is the new Reduce Buffering setting doing anything?

reduces pre rendered frames, which makes things smoother and helps with latency. Since you're not pre rendering any frames though you will def see a small FPS hit. If you're already way above whatever your target FPS is it's a non issue.

reduces pre rendered frames, which makes things smoother and helps with latency. Since you're not pre rendering any frames though you will def see a small FPS hit. If you're already way above whatever your target FPS is it's a non issue.

Hmm, I think I noticed a minor improvement in input lag but it might be my imagination.
I guess I'll leave it on because my PC has enough power to run it at 150+ FPS anyway.

Jellie

But there were probably bugs and stuff they had to adjust on it, time I'd much rather was put into balancing the OP heroes. I just want acknowledgement man. I can't take Roadhog just running around ruining every game I play.

PTR just updated...
Ana nerfs?
EDIT: Had a notification but no update and current build is the old one :/

wtf_is_that_martin_freeman.gif

anyway what the hell is going on with the game right now

release a new map without new skins (thought for sure ana or pharah were going to get 2 more...) and the event is still up and oh btw d.va, ana and soldier are still broken

Blizzard

Banned
Also I find it very odd to complain about Ana and Soldier before Symmetra right now. At least in low level games, she's quite strong.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Isn't it the same as reinhardt?

It's the same with no knockback and extremely dangerous in Molten Core.
Also I find it very odd to complain about Ana and Soldier before Symmetra right now. At least in low level games, she's quite strong.

Ana is dictating the entire meta right now. Symmetra's just a low risk high reward hero once she gets established. Ana IS the game right now.

Top Bottom