• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

antitrop

Does Quick Play have a hidden SR that I could probably guesstimate by the averages of the people I'm matched with
Yeah.

My QP MMR has gotten to the point where I can almost only play Support, because I'm playing with mostly Masters/GM and my other classes are not up to snuff. I play looooooooooooots of Mercy.

If I want to play a casual mode, I have to do Mystery Heroes or something, because QP is more competitive than my Diamond Competitive games...

Come on game, just let me get into diamond.

Been stuck on 2950ish for the past fewdays. Win/lose/win/lose/win/lose/draw/win/lose the whole way through

Lmao, I used to love lightly trolling with symm teleporters in quick play by putting them on ledges that were completely safe to drop from, but that would definitely give people that "oh no" moment.

I had a friend who recalled through it once because she thought it was unsafe. RIP 2 charges

darklin0

Banned
oh , no its too late. I need all 15 games

I wont die not having the skin

Damn, idk how fast easy bots matches go and how much time we'd have... :(

Next time they do something like this just bitch at me and I'll help out.

I too was in this place. I still am. It is a sad place.

You all need to do it. On easy bots with 5 people, you can clear a match in ~5-6 minutes.

All you need to do is group up and push one lane the whole time.

antitrop

Oni Genji thing takes like 2 to 2 1/2 hours tops, it's not too late.

I had fun doing it. I don't want to play HOTS again, but I enjoyed the little bit there.

antitrop

Hook 2.0 boys

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752659040?page=3#post-58
Coming soon! In fact we plan to have it up on the PTR asap (might be this week).

For a bit of tldr; for what the changes are:

Firstly, the hook victim will now move in to the position directly in front of Roadhog, rather than just a straight line towards him. There is a cap on how far 'to the side' you can be pulled, so you can't just hook someone, spin 180, and dump someone off a cliff. This part (along with some other bug fixes) should generally make the hook feel more consistent as to where the victims get pulled.

Secondly, the line-of-sight check to see if a hook should connect or not is now checked from Roadhog's position, instead of the hook's position. This basically means the hook can't connect to targets that Roadhog himself can't see.

Lastly, there is a new persistent line-of-sight check back to Roadhog once the hook has landed. If this check fails, the hook breaks off and returns to Roadhog. This means if you get hooked and move out of LOS quickly (either you dashed, were falling, were pushed, etc), the hook will now break early and not pull the target.

Overall these changes will likely make Roadhog a bit weaker, but we'll evaluate his performance once we get people playing him and make adjustments as necessary.

Xeteh

darklin0

Banned
I am also for more consistency but the line of sight changes have me worried.

It sounds like you can't take cover around a corner while the hook is mid flight anymore. Standing in the open for Roadhog is his biggest weakness.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
As someone who mainly plays roadhog that line of sight thing is a pretty big hit I think. You play on the corner a lot and you see a ton of hooks that connect but don't pull until they're off screen.

Though I'd have to try it out and see especially with the first part, I'd take a weaker hook if it also never fucks me over and places people in weird spots.

Nimby

Banned
Wow. Apparently the complexity curse struck again at Winter Premiere. Kungarna was apparently about to win as well.

Xeteh

Though I'd have to try it out and see especially with the first part, I'd take a weaker hook if it also never fucks me over and places people in weird spots.

This is where I'm at... 100%. I feel like the dumb hooks that connected that probably shouldn't have don't outweigh the hooks I felt were decent that resulted in my target being dropped somewhere I wasn't expecting.

If a person stays silent, and suddenly starts talking and going tilted at the end of a match. They really don't deserve to rank up or win. Especially if their team has been communicating the whole match.

Seen this happen so many times that it's predictable.

just tuned in

fuckkkk

"we need a dva"

"that widow is up there we need a dva"

"we need a dva to contest this"

*doesnt switch*

I just tuned in to this guy and he's literally flying around as Pharah.

"We need a second healer. If anybody should be McCree it should be me."
"I'm just gonna go back to spawn until you guys figure it out."
"You kids are retarded. If anybody is on DPS it should be me."
"I'm gonna go Hanzo next match, I don't care anymore this game's already lost."*

*It was the first point on a competitive KOTH match.

Then he killed himself on a car as Pharah on purpose.

And this guy is a Master level player? Jesus.

Added bonus: He dancing around right next to a health pack as Reinhardt, spamming "I need healing."

psyfi

Banned
There is nothing I hate more than a Reinhardt that won't push. I got 40% team damage healed as Lucio because he was so incompetent.

hypernima

Banned
I can get a lil trolly when losing but its all honest fun, but that guy is just bad. If I start to notice it's gonna be a big loss I just switch to a hero I can train with. He should relax.

Anyways I finally got back up to 2k+ SR from 1770 through solo Q. Thank the gods.

stop giving terrible people views

I just wanted to see what a non-pro Master level match looked like.

So far the only difference I see between the Plat matches I play and this is that everyone is on voice chat and they occasionally synchronize their ults.

I kind of understand why people say they think the Overwatch community is toxic though. This guy is a complete, unredeemable asshole.

BigDug13

just tuned in

fuckkkk

"we need a dva"

"that widow is up there we need a dva"

"we need a dva to contest this"

*doesnt switch*

Usually if I say anything close to this it's because I'm playing the solo support for the entire team, probably Lucio as solo healing for the team.

I guess I could switch to DVA myself....

-MD-

2y4WANl.png

Good games Owzers and NDP.

Roadhouse seems to be becoming my non support main again because Tracer isn't nearly as good anymore and Dva is fucking boring. Man when you are just hitting every hook, and getting some amazing right clicks...

CiL3WPrVAAEbsUL.jpg

So fun.

Good games Owzers and NDP.

Roadhouse seems to be becoming my non support main again because Tracer isn't nearly as good anymore and Dva is fucking boring. Man when you are just hitting every hook, and getting some amazing right clicks...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiL3WPrVAAEbsUL.jpg[img]

So fun.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, fun games today. The randoms were nice and made good picks for the most part so that also helps a lot. Hopefully this trend continues.

Connecting a hook as Roadhog is one of the best feelings this game has to offer, especially if it's an early pick to start the fight or negating an ult.

And my game has some kind of problem because I don't think it's normal to be pinned so many times by Rein when he's not even aiming for me, it's surreal. Just today it was more than 10 times, my characters might have some sort of magnet or something wtf

Cappa

Banned
maybe Im the one with bad luck now when I group up with you guys lol I went 3-0 solo Q yesterday after we went 0-3 grouping up the day before.

maybe Im the one with bad luck now when I group up with you guys lol I went 3-0 solo Q yesterday after we went 0-3 grouping up the day before.

Yeah those 3 games were pretty bad. People weren't talking, I wasn't in the mood to play anything but Lucio and we had a leaver in the third game... couldn't be much worse.

So, I launch my Dva ult over the wall into the capture point on Oasis, the one with the hole in the center. I couldn't see it, but everyone on my team told me it went straight down the hole and I didn't kill anyone. This shit should be an achievement.

As someone who plays Roadhog a whole fuckload... I'm all about making Hook more consistent. I know bullshit hooks happen but (again) as someone who plays Roadhog a lot, I've seen so many "good" hooks result in people being dropped in random ass places that don't result in me doing anything.

I'll take the random bullshit being removed for more consistency in a heartbeat.
Agreed.

On that note I finally saw Moana tonight and I kinda wanna impulse buy his Toa skin lol

I'm sad. Literally the only thing I wanted was the Christmas Tracer skin and I couldn't even get that out of like 20 boxes
I think I ended up opening over 55 boxes at the end of it all and I didn't get a lot of stuff I wanted. Oh well.

I really wanted to get the McCree Scrooge + break the ice + snowball emote combo but I never managed to get the emote and bought other skins instead.

Top Bottom