• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Jellie

Dude. So that's why the payload looks like that when it's reaching the end.

Yeah, bait the shield and she's finished.

Miro is amazing, in the world cup they were talking about how good he was at using his bubble to prevent the healers from the other team to get their job done.

400. Yes it's enough, minus Roadhog if he can heal himself like ohkay said.

Yeah its really good when they use a nanoboost. You just put a shield in between the Ana and the nanoboosted target and they don't get heals.

Sombra is really fun. Having fun with her on defense especially. Hacking a Genji then teleporting behind a Reinhardt to cause some mayhem is great.

Skii

Can anyone explain to me how Roadhog's hook works?

I never play him usually but he's a good pick on the 3v3 map and whenever I land a hook, I never ever get the OHKO on DPS. But I know whenever I get hooked as DPS, I'm dead. I definitely hit the head shot but it seems to do maybe 120 damage?

I never play him usually but he's a good pick on the 3v3 map and whenever I land a hook, I never ever get the OHKO on DPS. But I know whenever I get hooked as DPS, I'm dead. And they've done it to me as DPS. I definitely hit the head shot but it seems to do maybe 120 damage?

You want to do a body shot :)

Aim for the middle to land most of the pellets. Because of the spread some of them will still hit the head.

Salarians

I can't speak for PC but (IIRC, haven't played him in a while), on consoles, if you hold down the trigger as you reel them in, it'll fire as soon as they're free of the chain.

Danj

I am really starting to hate this game. Every match in QP is dominated by people using two or more of the same character. I basically have to play comp just to get a non-annoying team.

You're in luck then because they are adding one hero limit to QP, it's in PTR already.

Alucrid

Banned

I never play him usually but he's a good pick on the 3v3 map and whenever I land a hook, I never ever get the OHKO on DPS. But I know whenever I get hooked as DPS, I'm dead. I definitely hit the head shot but it seems to do maybe 120 damage?

some characters don't get hooked as close as others. someone like, say, lucio, you can one shot immediately after a hook. while someone like ana you have to hook, walk forward a bit, and then shoot to kill them in one hit despite having the same 200 hp.

hesido

• We storm King's row, with me leading Tracing the way (3 golds - eliminations, objective eliminations and time)
  • One enemy team member leaves at the end of the first round.
  • The second round ends up with me having silver eliminations, gold objective eliminations and gold time, three opposing team members play until the end of the round.
  • I receive GOD DAMN TWO (2) sr points. Exactly 2 more than a draw round.
  • GOD DAMN IT.

Edit: And this after I lose a match due to a leaver in the first round where we were almost winning, and lose 25 something points.

Prelude.

The hook is shit on both sides at the moment, so don't worry about it. They're working on a "Hook 2.0" so they should change how it works soon enough.

MrPanic

Man, weekend overwatch. Lost 300 points already, everyone in chat is salty, no one knows what group up means. Why do weekends have to be like this, feels bad man.

hesido

Man, weekend overwatch. Lost 300 points already, everyone in chat is salty, no one knows what group up means. Why do weekends have to be like this, feels bad man.

Strange thing being, the teams you lose against have to have some of those weekend players, no? :)

We pushed Gibraltar to the end but with only 30 second left, they did it with 5 minutes left because they had a Pharah that we completely ignored. I swapped to McCree and we pushed it to the end in 30 seconds + OT. They didn't get it out of the hangar in 5 because the Pharah never swapped after being hard countered.

Remember hero swaps people.

komaruR

We pushed Gibraltar to the end but with only 30 second left, they did it with 5 minutes left because they had a Pharah that we completely ignored. I swapped to McCree and we pushed it to the end in 30 seconds + OT. They didn't get it out of the hangar in 5 because the Pharah never swapped after being hard countered.

Remember hero swaps people.

shhh, you're not suppose to teach your enemy
j/k

antitrop

Hit Level 200 on PC, PS4 still at 280. If I had just played on one account since launch, I would be getting pretty close to a Silver border.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

There's actually a lot of nuance to playing him based on the characters he's matched against. Different people get pulled closer or farther and need adjusting to, but in general you always atleast go center mess. His primary has a huge spread so even if you get a direct headshot, a lot of pellets spread and miss the target. Center mass has most/all the pellets hitting, with some of them also actually hitting the head anyway.

Nekrono

Anyone wanna start a GAF comp group?

I'm just trying to get out of this ~2000 SR solo queue hell.

I main Mccree and I'm pretty solid DPS, also play Zarya, Ana and whatever role is needed.

Feel free to hit me up, Nekrono#1620

I'm on PC and NA btw.

B.O.O.M

2 wins from diamond and I get someone playing an attack Symettra on Hanamura point A. Time for a break

You know, there was one game where one of my teammates did just that and shockingly enough, he/she was fantastic! 0_o The portal placement etc was so good that enemies had no clue and we won easily

khaaan

You get leaving penalty if you quit before the match starts? That's kinda lame but I guess I can understand, matches would be filled with quitters upset by teamcomps before the game even starts.

Hmm, the aiming is the biggest turn off in this, it's half aimbot half skill and not raw enough. I want to see instant flicks and headshot after headshot, the good stuff. I'll stick to PC tournaments after all.

Not really IMO, aiming with a controller is very hard if you have high sensitivity like some of these guys, even with auto-aim. What they're doing here is impressive in its own way.

AbaFadi

Banned
Not really IMO, aiming with a controller is very hard if you have high sensitivity like some of these guys, even with auto-aim. What they're doing here is impressive in its own way.

I know a lot of the top DPS players play with 100 100 sensitivity. I've never played with keyboard and mouse though. Curious to see what the difference between the two is.

DevilDog

Can't say anything looks really impressive, I know how hard it is but it's hard in a weird way. You're fighting the controls more than the opponent.
Like watching someone doing downhill without a back wheel and keeping the balance with their feet. Like, nice job but why use a bike in the first place.

Ramirez

Can't say anything looks really impressive, I know how hard it is but it's hard in a weird way. You're fighting the controls more than the opponent.
Like watching someone doing downhill without a back wheel and keeping the balance with their feet. Like, nice job but why use a bike in the first place.

Well go out there and show them how it's done.

Owzers

I guess, one could also say why watch sports if the players aren't using steroids. I like my players STRONG. That said, i only play on ps4 yet i am not really interested in watching people play on ps4, i'd rather watch PC stuff for the super speed Roman Reigns games.

Skii

I know a lot of the top DPS players play with 100 100 sensitivity. I've never played with keyboard and mouse though. Curious to see what the difference between the two is.

Playing 100/100 sounds absolutely insane. That is definitely harder to control than anything the top PC players do. They tend to go for lower sensitivity because you can still do quick 180s with low sensitivity/DPI.

I'm guessing the dual zone kinda makes 100/100 more manageable?

eek5

You get leaving penalty if you quit before the match starts? That's kinda lame but I guess I can understand, matches would be filled with quitters upset by teamcomps before the game even starts.
Yeah. My PC froze when the game started on loading screen last night and I lost like 60 points and got a 15min suspension. Feels bad.

eek5

Those flick quick-scopes are what make his play unique to me.

Yeah his aim is insane. Theres a moment where he hitscan hits a tracer then unscopes and sleeps a nanoboosted reaper back to back. I can't even process what's going on fast enough let alone aim that well lol

Playing 100/100 sounds absolutely insane. That is definitely harder to control than anything the top PC players do. They tend to go for lower sensitivity because you can still do quick 180s with low sensitivity/DPI.

I'm guessing the dual zone kinda makes 100/100 more manageable?

I've been playing with 100/100 for a while now, long before Dual-Zone was ever implemented.

It feels incredibly slow compared to every other console shooter. I thought something was wrong with my controller when I came back after playing Titanfall.

DevilDog

Well go out there and show them how it's done.
I think you're taking this the wrong way. Unless you're telling me I should go downhill like that.
I guess, one could also say why watch sports if the players aren't using steroids. I like my players STRONG. That said, i only play on ps4 yet i am not really interested in watching people play on ps4, i'd rather watch PC stuff for the super speed Roman Reigns games.
The downhill example was kind of silly but I chose it carefully. The steroids example would be the equivalent of people using aderall for FPS to increase their reaction time, and I avoided it on purpose.

Skii

I've been playing with 100/100 for a while now, long before Dual-Zone was ever implemented.

It feels incredibly slow compared to every other console shooter. I thought something was wrong with my controller when I came back after playing Titanfall.

I used to play on 50/40 and I felt that it lacked precision for my projectile heroes. I just can't comprehend how you can stay precise with headshots at 100/100. The deadzones alone with a controller makes me feel like it can't be great. But if all the top console players do it, clearly it works.

I definitely want to see how someone good plays with 100/100

ohkay

Those flick quick-scopes are what make his play unique to me.
For me, it's his aggression and how confident he is in taking on so many people 1v1 that he shouldn't win against but does

So I just loaded the game up on PS4, and it feels so janky now compared to 144 fps PC glory

I used to play on 50/40 and I felt that it lacked precision for my projectile heroes. I just can't comprehend how you can stay precise with headshots at 100/100. The deadzones alone with a controller makes me feel like it can't be great. But if all the top console players do it, clearly it works.

I definitely want to see how someone good plays with 100/100

It probably would have actually been best to lower it for some characters, but I don't feel like thinking that hard. I figure it just offers the most potential, even if I'll never actually be good enough to fully utilize it.

Prelude.

It's really baffling how much the game discourages solo queuing. I just got placed with a 5 stack on Eichenwalde attack, despite our attack Junkrat and the insane overtime defense 30cm from the end, the game rewarded me with 22 points, when, if I duo queue, I can get 30-35. I'm so close to diamond that I can't basically play unless I have someone else to play with.

Top Bottom